Thread: Keila Ruby Flores (33) was killed when someone threw a rock from an overpass, and it went into the car she was riding in

Keila Ruby Flores (33) was killed when someone threw a rock from an overpass, and it went into the car she was riding in

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/keila-r...-temple-texas/

The car was traveling northbound on Interstate 35 in Temple when someone threw the rock from a railroad track overpass, police said. The rock broke through the car's windshield, striking a passenger in the front seat.

Keila Ruby Flores, 33, was taken to Scott & White Medical Center where she died the next morning. An autopsy has been ordered.

Flores' boyfriend, Christopher Rodriguez, was driving the car while her three children, the youngest just six-years-old, were sitting in the back. They were not injured.

"(We were) headed back to Waco on 35 northbound, all of sudden something just strikes the window," Rodriguez told CBS affiliate KWTX-TV.

"An explosion just comes right through the window. I didn't know what it was," he continued. "I look over and I see Keila and she is laying there unresponsive. I'm just shaking her, trying to wake her up, (but) she was unresponsive."

Temple police have not released any information about the perpetrator, but do refer to the case as a homicide.

Rodriguez and the entire Flores family have asked for the public's help in finding the person or persons responsible.

Investigators are asking anyone who has any information to contact the Temple Police Department at (254) 298-5500. Tips may also be submitted online at BellCountyCrimeStoppers.com.

It was probably a bunch of dumb ass teenagers again.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    It was probably a bunch of dumb ass teenagers again.
    I'm sure it is. We have a good handful of similar stories on here. I was a dumb teenager once too, and did some dumb shit, but how can even dumb teenagers not think that someone might get hurt by throwing big rocks off an overpass???

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Yeah, I never did that kind of stupid shit...I just used to put rocks on the railroad tracks to see the sparks fly when the trains (filled with coal, or empty altogether) passed by.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

https://www.whbfamily.com/obituaries...s?obId=4221214

Obituary

Keila Flores, 33, of Waco, Texas, passed away March 10, 2019, surrounded by family. Memorial services will be held 11:00 a.m., Saturday, March 16, at Lakewood Christian Church, 6509 Bosque Blvd., Waco Texas 76710, with her uncle, Jaime Blake, officiating. A reception will follow in the church’s fellowship hall.

She was born in Waco to Jose Luis and Maria Flores. She graduated from STARS High School and McLennan Community College. She enjoyed spending time with her children, especially watching movies together. With Samara, she enjoyed shopping. She collected Funko-Pops with Aeden. With Kile, she loved cuddling him and taking pictures. She loved sharing life with Chris, especially fishing together and joking around with one another.

She is preceded in death by her parents; and sister, Anna Marie.

She is survived by her children, Samara, Aeden, and Kile Reyes, and Jordan Nares; significant other, Chris Rodriguez; brothers, John Flores and wife, Elia, and Luis Flores and wife, Monica; nephew, Angel Flores; nieces, Aile Flores and Amari Flores; and several aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Her joyful spirit will be missed by many. The family invites you to leave a message on her “Tribute Wall” at www.WHBfamily.com.

https://krock1017fm.com/temple-polic...-keila-flores/

It's been almost a year since that senseless act cost a woman her life and her children their mother, and police say they are no closer to discovering who is responsible. Detectives say they've exhausted all possible leads, and now they're asking for the community's help.

“This case has been a difficult one,” Interim Chief Tobin wrote in statement Tuesday afternoon. “In a case like this where there is still very little information after a long period of time, it’s hard to pinpoint a possible suspect. We’re hoping that someone in the community can come forward with information. We want to do right by this woman who lost her life – for her family and her children. Any little detail can be a huge help in solving this case.”

Chances are someone out there knows something that could help police seek justice for Keila and her family. Any tip, no matter how seemingly small, could make all the difference.

If you have any information, please do the right thing and reach out to the Temple Police Department at (254) 298-5500. You can also contact Bell County Crime Stoppers at (254) 526-TIPS (8477), BellCountyCrimeStoppers.com, or via the free P3Tips app.

You do not have to give Crime Stoppers your name, and information leading to an arrest and conviction could net a cash reward of up to $1,000.

Even if you don't have information to pass along, please help get the word out about this. We need to do everything we can to give Keila's family some closure. I can't imagine not knowing who was responsible for the senseless death of my mother.

Thread Information