Thread: Michael Elijah Walker (19) under investigation for Murder of Michael Logan Walker(50) and Rachael May Walker(44)

Michael Elijah Walker (19) under investigation for Murder of Michael Logan Walker(50) and Rachael May Walker(44)

https://www.ajc.com/news/national/ok...RIqv6dcq3waZP/

The Killer claims Satan worship

EDMOND, OKLA. ?

A 19-year-old Oklahoma man is accused of gunning down his parents because he thought they were ?sending him messages telepathically and they were Satan worshipers,? court documents allege.

Michael Elijah Walker, of Edmond, is charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the slayings of Michael Logan Walker, 50, and 44-year-old Rachael May Walker, according to Oklahoma County Jail records. He is being held without bond

Elijah Walker?s sister, Ashten West, wrote on her Facebook page that her brother is schizophrenic.

?Mental illness is real, and it?s devastating. He was not and has not been in the right state of mind for a few years now,? West, 25, wrote. ?I will ALWAYS love him no matter what. He is a victim as well.?

Edmond police officials confirmed that investigators are looking into Elijah Walker?s medical history, according to KOCO in Oklahoma City.

Police dispatchers received a 911 call around 2:30 a.m. Monday about a shooting at the Walker home. The caller was Elijah Walker?s 17-year-old brother, who awoke to gunshots, KOCO reported.

He later told police he saw his mother in the hallway, the news station said. She screamed at him to call 911.

The 911 call made by the teen was released to Oklahoma media outlets, including KFOR-TV.

?Where?s your emergency?? the dispatcher asks in the recording.

?There?s a bunch of gunfire in my house and I believe it?s my brother,? the teen responds.

The dispatcher desperately tries to get as much information as possible.

?I need to know more information. I?ve got officers headed that way. Who do you see with a gun?? the woman asks.

After a few moments, the teen whispers, ?My brother.?

His shock is evident as the dispatcher asks if he can get out of the house and continue speaking to her.

?Um, maybe. I don?t know if I would be able to,? the teen says.

?Why would you not be able to?? the dispatcher asks.

?Well, he?s my brother and he shot my parents,? the teen answers.

?He shot your parents? Where are they?? the dispatcher asks.

?My father is in his room on the floor and my mom is by the front door on the floor,? the teen says.

?OK, are they breathing?? she asks.

?I do not believe they are,? he says.

An arrest affidavit in the case alleges Elijah Walker told his younger brother to hang up the phone before telling him he shot their parents because of the telepathic messages he claims he heard. KOCO reported that Elijah Walker also told his brother they were going to bury their parents? bodies.

The younger brother was able to escape the home unharmed, the news station said.

KFOR-TV reported that court documents show police officers found a horrific scene inside the family?s home, with Michael Walker dead on the floor of Elijah Walker?s bedroom. Rachael Walker was found face down in a pool of blood near the home?s entrance, the documents say.

Elijah Walker told detectives he shot his father ?anywhere (he) could hit him,? the affidavit says. He said he began firing on his mother as she ran from the room in an apparent attempt to escape the barrage of bullets.

Michael Walker suffered gunshot wounds to the head, face and torso, according to the court documents. Bullet holes were found in the bedroom?s door frame, closet and ceiling, as well as at a downward angle into the mattress on Elijah Walker?s bed.

Rachael Walker had several gunshot wounds to the torso. A pillow found near the woman?s body had two holes with burn marks consistent with gunfire, KFOR-TV reported.

Bullet holes were also found in the drywall and front door. A piece of a bullet was collected as evidence from the entryway rug, the court documents say.

A total of 19 spent 9 mm shell casings were found at the scene, as was the Glock handgun believed to be the murder weapon, according to KFOR-TV. Investigators later discovered that Elijah Walker had to reload the handgun -- which held a magazine of 17 rounds -- to continue shooting his mother, the news station said.

The arrest affidavit alleges Elijah Walker had to return to his bedroom to reload the gun, KOCO reported. He shot his mother again because he thought she was still alive, the document says.

At least three magazines for the weapon were found in the alleged shooter?s bedroom, the affidavit said.

Elijah Walker told investigators during a police interview that an argument began with his parents when he ?asked them a question about Satanism,? KOCO reported. He told detectives the argument took place in his bedroom and he had his gun sitting next to him on his bed.

The defendant told investigators neither of his parents harmed him prior to the shooting, KOCO reported. Michael Walker grabbed his son?s leg, trying to get him to give him the gun, KFOR-TV said.

West wrote on Facebook that her parents, who were thrilled to learn they were going to be grandparents, will now never be able to meet her son. She described them both as ?so beautiful and both so loved.?

?More than anything I will miss my parents more than words could ever describe,? West wrote. ?I always said my mom was one of my soulmates. She was my best friend and the best mommy I could have ever been given by God.

?And my Daddy, he chose to be my father, raising me and taking care of me since I was 4 years old. I love him so much and am so grateful and blessed that he is who I get to call dad.

?I just wish I could hold them one last time,? she wrote.

Friends and neighbors of the couple also expressed shock and grief over their deaths. Michael Walker was a music teacher and talented drummer who played in a local band, Aranda, and Rachael Walker was a certified surgical technologist.

Bandmates wrote on Aranda?s Facebook page that they lost a bandmate, a brother and a best friend.

?His sense of humor was endearing,? the Facebook post read. ?He made everything from playing drums to making people fall in love with him effortless. He was so easy going but for those that knew him well, there was an intense spiritual depth behind the man.

?We will miss his laughter and his insatiable appetite for all ?band cuisine.? Most of all we will miss his beautiful spirit.?

A GoFundMe page set up to help the Walkers? children describes Rachael Walker as empathetic, sensitive and loving.

?She lit the room with her giggles and affectionate hugs,? the page reads.

The fundraising page, which on Wednesday had raised more than $30,000 of its $65,000 goal, says Michael and Rachael Walker never gave up hope that they could save their son from the depths of his mental illness.

?Eli has been dealing with schizophrenia since the tender age of 14 years old,? the page reads. ?His day-to-day life can be filled with terror and fright. My aunt and uncle strived to ensure he always felt loved and also (did) their best to calm his fears and make sure he felt protected and safe.?

Court records show the probable cause affidavit against Elijah Walker was filed Wednesday. It was not clear when he is due in court.

https://www.koco.com/article/son-19-...-says/26658050

EDMOND, Okla. —

An affidavit released Tuesday reveals more details in an investigation into the deaths of an Edmond couple, who were reportedly shot and killed by their 19-year-old son.

According to the police, officers responded just before 3 a.m. Monday to a report of shots fired inside a home near Covell Road and Bryant Avenue. Police said a 17-year-old boy called officers to report that his brother, later identified as 19-year-old Michael Elijah Walker, had shot their parents.
    Officers arrived and found the couple, 50-year-old Michael Logan Walker and 44-year-old Rachael May Walker, dead from multiple gunshot wounds.

Police spoke with the 17-year-old boy, who said he woke up to the sound of gunfire and saw his mother in the hallway, yelling at him to call 911. He said he called 911 and saw his brother walking down the hallway holding a gun. The boy said his brother often carries the gun around the house with him because "he is paranoid," according to the affidavit.

The boy said Michael Elijah Walker told him that he shot their parents because, "they were sending him messages telepathically and they were Satan worshipers," according to the affidavit. Michael Elijah Walker reportedly then told the boy that he would bury the bodies.

During an interview with police, Michael Elijah Walker said he had gotten into an argument with his parents after he, "asked them a question about Satanism."

Michael Elijah Walker said the argument took place in his bedroom, and his gun was sitting in the open on his bed next to him. He told police that his father "tackled" him on the bed, so he grabbed his gun and shot his father, according to the affidavit. He also told police that after shooting his mother, he walked back to his bedroom and reloaded his pistol before returning to shoot her again, because he believed she was still alive, the affidavit stated.

Michael Elijah Walker told police that neither of his parents harmed him at all. He is being held on two counts of first-degree murder.

Edmond police confirmed with KOCO 5 that they are actively investigating the suspect's medical history.

Anyone looking for resources to help people with mental health problems can contact Youth Crisis Mobile Response online or by calling 833-885-2273.

https://kfor.com/2019/03/04/911-call...nity-in-shock/

EDMOND, Okla. - Police are still working to determine why a local 19-year-old allegedly shot and killed his parents early Monday morning in their home.

Michael Elijah Walker was arrested after police said he killed his parents, Michael Logan Walker and Rachael Walker.

Neighbors who woke up to the news are in disbelief. The last double homicide in Edmond happened almost 30 years ago in 1991.

"We've got a 13-year-old and a 16-year-old, and my wife and I just, it's sad for anybody to think about a tragedy like this happening but thinking about it personally, it's a scary thought," said neighbor Robert Black. "I mean to have your kids, it's, it's just not, it's unthinkable. It's hard to imagine."

Neighbors said the family hasn't lived in the home long. People close to Michael Logan said he was a drummer at Life Church as well as for local band, Aranda.

The suspect's 17-year-old brother called police, his shock evident on the call.

911 Dispatcher: "Are you able to step outside if I stay on the phone with you so officers can speak with you?"

Caller: "Um, maybe. I don't know if I would be able to."

911 Dispatcher: "Why would you not be able to?"

Caller: "Well, he's my brother, and he shot my parents."

911 Dispatcher: "He shot your parents? Where are they?"

Caller: "My father is in his room on the floor, and my mom is by the front door on the floor."

911 Dispatcher: "Okay, are they breathing?"

Caller: "I do not believe they are."

Michael Elijah's brother was able to leave the house safely, and Michael Elijah surrendered to officers without a fight.

"Right now, we are working on getting information out of the suspect, trying to get a motive," said Jenny Wagnon with the Edmond Police Department.

Investigators haven't confirmed whether Michael Elijah confessed to the murders, but they said they are confident he is the only suspect in the case.

From his sister's Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/ashten.west

All I have to say at the moment is I cant believe this is real life. I wish I could just wake up. One thing I really need to say which the news has not, is that my baby brother Elijah ( Michael Elijah Walker) suffers from Schizophrenia.. mental illness is real.. and its devastating. He was not and has not been in the right state of mind for a few years now. I will ALWAYS love him no matter what. He is a victim as well. More than anything I will miss my parents more than words could ever decribe.. I always said my mom was one of my soulmates, she was my best friend and the best mommy I could have ever been given by God, And my daddy... he chose to be my father, raising me and taking care of me since I was 4 years old, I love him so much and am so grateful and blessed that he is who I get to call dad. I just wish I could hold them one last time. I wish there was something I could do to fix this.. something I could say to make it go away. But that's not how life works, life isn't fair and never will be. One of the worst parts is my baby never getting to meet them, they were so so excited to be grandparents.. I was so excited to experience this with them. For my mom and dad to hold my son for the first time when he's born.. for Christmases, for birthdays, for a life with them in it. I miss them and I know I always will, for the rest of my life. Every single day. They were both so beautiful, and both so so loved. I just cant believe this is real.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

From his sister's Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/ashten.west

All I have to say at the moment is I cant believe this is real life. I wish I could just wake up. One thing I really need to say which the news has not, is that my baby brother Elijah ( Michael Elijah Walker) suffers from Schizophrenia.. mental illness is real.. and its devastating. He was not and has not been in the right state of mind for a few years now. I will ALWAYS love him no matter what. He is a victim as well. More than anything I will miss my parents more than words could ever decribe.. I always said my mom was one of my soulmates, she was my best friend and the best mommy I could have ever been given by God, And my daddy... he chose to be my father, raising me and taking care of me since I was 4 years old, I love him so much and am so grateful and blessed that he is who I get to call dad. I just wish I could hold them one last time. I wish there was something I could do to fix this.. something I could say to make it go away. But that's not how life works, life isn't fair and never will be. One of the worst parts is my baby never getting to meet them, they were so so excited to be grandparents.. I was so excited to experience this with them. For my mom and dad to hold my son for the first time when he's born.. for Christmases, for birthdays, for a life with them in it. I miss them and I know I always will, for the rest of my life. Every single day. They were both so beautiful, and both so so loved. I just cant believe this is real.

Sorry for the double post. My computer is a shit head.

Edmond man who admitted shooting, killing parents found competent to stand trial, lawyer says

https://www.koco.com/article/edmond-...-says/30273320

An Edmond man who admitted to shooting and killing his parents has been found competent to stand trial, his attorney told KOCO 5.

According to attorney Derek Chance, a judge on Wednesday found Michael Elijah Walker competent to stand trial in the slayings of his parents at their home in March.

Walker was originally found not competent for trial, but now has been ruled competent after receiving treatment and medications.

The criminal proceedings against Walker will move forward, with a preliminary hearing scheduled for Feb. 21, 2020, at 9 a.m.

Walker is charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of Michael Logan Walker and Rachel Walker. The couple were found inside their home near Covell Road and Bryant Avenue on March 4 dead of multiple gunshot wounds after the suspect's 17-year-old brother called police, according to court documents.

Chance stressed being found competent to stand trial is much different from whether he was competent at the time of the crime.

Thread Information