Thread: Fox Hollow Farm and Herb Baumeister

Fox Hollow Farm and Herb Baumeister

This was super cool today. Was helping out on an indie horror flick being filmed at the University of Indianapolis. Didn't realize we were in the forensic science building until one of the wall hangings caught my eye with the words Fox Hollow Farm.
    If that doesn't sound familiar, Herb Baumeister was a seriel killer from Indiana. He owned a couple of successful thrift stores in Indy. He was known to frequent gay bars and is responsible for at least 9 murders of gay men from the Indy area and buried them on his farm. U of I students helped recover the bodies from the farm. This hung on the walls which totally added to the creepy factor of a horror movie being in an empty college class room.

Don't remember how to post pictures but I got some

https://fox59.com/news/indycrime/mis...0-years-later/

Missing man connected to Baumeister serial killer case identified over 30 years later

The remains recovered from the home matched a family reference sample that was submitted in late 2022 and was identified as Allen Livingston. He was reported missing to the Indianapolis Police Department in 1993.

Livingston’s identity was discovered as the result of many forensic experts working collaboratively in an effort to identify nearly 10,000 human remains recovered from Fox Hollow Farm.

The case began in June 1996 when Baumeister’s 15-year-old son stumbled upon bones while on the family’s 18-acre estate in a remote wooded area of Hamilton County. The discovery took place about 60 yards away from the home.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herb_Baumeister
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 10-17-2023 at 08:07 AM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://fox59.com/news/indycrime/mis...0-years-later/

Missing man connected to Baumeister serial killer case identified over 30 years later

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herb_Baumeister
    Glad you added the Wiki, as I knew his face as soon as I saw it (not so much his name). It is good to hear Allen is given back his name. I hope he still has family out there who will be able to finally mourn him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Glad you added the Wiki, as I knew his face as soon as I saw it (not so much his name). It is good to hear Allen is given back his name. I hope he still has family out there who will be able to finally mourn him.
    That's kind of how I was. I didn't know his name when I saw the article, but I know his story. I was actually trying to find info on him earlier this year, based on a true crime documentary I vaguely remembered, and was unsuccessful. As soon as I read the article and googled him and saw the Wiki I was like "aha!". He would go on business trips up to Canada and they think he possibly killed a lot more than they have even mentioned on the Wiki.

I have never heard of this guy before or this story.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

That's kind of how I was. I didn't know his name when I saw the article, but I know his story. I was actually trying to find info on him earlier this year, based on a true crime documentary I vaguely remembered, and was unsuccessful. As soon as I read the article and googled him and saw the Wiki I was like "aha!". He would go on business trips up to Canada and they think he possibly killed a lot more than they have even mentioned on the Wiki.
    I think he did, unfortunately.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/remains...ng-since-1993/

Remains recovered from the central Indiana estate of a presumed serial killer have been identified as those of a man reported missing in 1993, a coroner said Thursday.

The remains recovered in 1996 at the Fox Hollow Farm estate of Herbert Baumeister were found to match Manuel Resendez, who was 34 when he disappeared, Hamilton County Coroner Jeff Jellison said.

Resendez was identified through a family reference sample provided in early 2023, Jellison said.

It is great he finally gets his name back.

Thread Information