Thread: OA (23) missing from Boston, MA since 1/19/19

OA (23) missing from Boston, MA since 1/19/19

https://www.boston25news.com/news/mi...-bar/907767451

Boston Police are searching for a missing young woman who was last seen at a Boston bar over the weekend.

OA, 23, was last seen around 11 p.m. Saturday in the area of Hennessy?s Bar at 25 Union St. in Boston. She was described as 5 feet, 2 inches tall with blue eyes and curly brown hair.

She was last seen wearing a white/beige/grey coat with a red corduroy dress and Doc Martens.

OA's sister, Franny, told Boston 25 News she and her sister were at Hennessy?s Bar on Saturday night. At some point, Franny became separated from her sister. Just after 11 p.m., Franny says OA was seen outside of the bar talking to a man. The sisters left the bar at different times, which wasn't a concern, said Franny.

Franny says O has never been missing and this is very out of character. When no one could get in touch with O, Franny then started to get worried. It's unusual for the two not to be in touch.

O grew up in Wenham and had just moved back to the Boston area after graduating from college in Scotland and spending a year in Spain.

Boston Police said that a missing person report was filed and they are actively investigating.

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 07-28-2022 at 09:30 AM.

There is a serial killer in Boston and I am the only one that thinks this.

https://www.boston.com/news/local-ne...mbrose-missing

Boston police say they are looking for a “person of interest” in connection to the case of a 23-year-old woman who went missing on Saturday.

Friends and family members say they last saw OA at Hennessy’s bar at 25 Union St. near Faneuil Hall around 10 p.m. Police said Tuesday that after she left the bar a man was seen with his arm around her entering the State Street MBTA station and then later exiting at the Orange Line’s Community College stop in Charlestown.

Police described OA as about 5-foot-2, with blue eyes and curly brown hair. On Saturday, she was wearing a red corduroy dress under a long white and gray coat. Anyone with information about the 23-year-old or the man she was seen with is being urged to contact police at 617-343-4248.

OA was at the bar with friends and her twin sister, Franny, on Saturday night, CBS Boston reports.

“We were all here, we were just dancing in front of the band and then somewhere just like around 10 p.m. I don’t know I guess we got separated and then she left at 11,” the 23-year-old’s sister told the station.

Franny said her sister had been dancing with a man around her age.

“The guy who she was with was the one who got kicked out of the bar and that she left with at about 11:04 p.m.,” she told CBS Boston.

The sister told The Boston Globe that surveillance footage showed OA leaving the bar with a man.

Boston police said Tuesday that it has been determined the man OA was seen leaving Hennessy’s with around 11:04 p.m. was not involved in her disappearance.

About 40 minutes after she left the bar, at 11:42 p.m., police said two unknown men were seen “inviting” the 23-year-old to walk with them near Congress and State streets.

“One of the males appears to walk ahead while the second male places his arm around OA and directs her towards the State Street MBTA Station,” police said.

About 20 minutes later, around midnight, OA was seen in surveillance video with the same man — his arm still around her — exiting the Community College MBTA station in Charlestown.

“The other male party is no longer observed in any surveillance video moving forward,” police said.

The “person of interest.” —Boston police
    At 12:13 a.m., about 10 minutes after leaving the station, OA and the man being sought by police were again spotted, this time near Green Street in Charlestown, walking toward Bartlett Street.

“A short time later, phone records indicated OA’s phone was in the general area of the Bunker Hill Housing Development,” police said.

The department said anyone with information about her whereabouts can help the investigation anonymously through the tip line by calling 1-800-494-TIPS or by texting the word ‘TIP’ to CRIME (27463).

The “person of interest.” —Boston police
    OA’s sister, Franny, told told Boston 25 News she grew concerned when she couldn’t reach her twin, since it’s unusual for the pair to not be in touch.

“Generally if she’s not doing anything on the weekends she’ll FaceTime me even though we live in the same city,” Franny told the station. “But yeah, we’ll just sit on FaceTime and won’t even really be talking we’ll be watching our own Netflix shows or something… we just keep in contact.”

Franny told WCVB that she went to her sister’s apartment.

“I went to her apartment and she hadn’t been there,” she said. “It was set up for her to come home with pajamas on the bed and everything.”

The missing person report was filed Sunday night, according to WCVB.

What her family is saying
    The girls’ mother, Heather, told WCVB she hopes that people come forward with information.

“Anything at all,” she told the station. “Even if they don’t think it is relevant, it might be. We just want to have her get in touch with us or somebody get in touch with us. We just want to hear from her and have her home.”

“We just want her back,” Heather told Boston 25.

The 23-year-old Wenham native had recently moved to Jamaica Plain, according to WCVB.

She works at Toast, a software company in Boston, which has joined her family and police in pleading for information to be shared with authorities.

OA attended the University of Edinburgh, where she graduated with a degree in Spanish in 2017, according to her LinkedIn profile.

“I love to travel and immerse myself within different cultures and countries,” she wrote on her page.

“My hope is that she shows up, comes back walks right through that door, walks right into the apartment,” Franny told CBS Boston.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 07-28-2022 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soultosqueeze View Post
    There is a serial killer in Boston and I am the only one that thinks this.
    I believe you. I used to live in a place where I thought the same thing, and the city officials did everything they could to deny it and cover it up...until the case broke wide open and this guy admitted to killing multiple people. Statistically speaking we are all probably not that far from a serial killer at any given time.

Here's the pic of the person of interest:
    https://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...504688181.html

Just saw this after I posted the post above:

https://www.boston.com/news/local-ne...mbrose-missing

Update: OA has been found alive, according to Boston police.

UPDATE: 23-year-old OA has been located and transported to an area hospital for evaluation purposes. Thank you to everybody who aided, helped and assisted in the investigation and search. A press conference is scheduled for 6:00pm at BPD Headquarters. pic.twitter.com/x4V6zhwlUv

— Boston Police Dept. (@bostonpolice) January 22, 2019
    https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local...504709251.html

A 23-year-old woman who was reported missing over the weekend has been found alive, according to sources.

A suspect is in custody, according to a Boston police source; however, a name has not been released.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 07-28-2022 at 09:25 AM.

I have a feeling this one isn?t going to end well.

ETA yay I was wrong!
    Last edited by Angiebla; 01-22-2019 at 12:08 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Wow! My first thought was she spent a weekend with some dude she liked....but them saying someone is in custody makes me really curious. Did he hold her captive and then let her go? Did she escape?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

News reports are saying she was kidnapped and date raped.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    News reports are saying she was kidnapped and date raped.
    That is horrible

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

https://patch.com/massachusetts/bost...ing-boston-bar

Police said they have charged a Charlestown man with kidnapping after they found a 23-year-old woman who had gone missing over the weekend in his apartment. OA, who appeared to be in "good health physically," was taken to the hospital for evaluation, Boston Police Commissioner William Gross said Tuesday evening.

Victor Pena, 38, was arrested shortly after police called him a "person of interest" in OA's disappearance. Gross said an "extensive investigation" led police to his Walford Way apartment, where they found OA standing near Pena.

Gross said more charges could follow after police complete their investigation, which will include speaking with OA about what happened. For the time being, authorities said they were grateful for a happy ending.
    OA had last been seen leaving Hennessy's on Union Street in Faneuil Hall Saturday night. Video surveillance later showed two men interacting with her, including one man, who police said turned out to be OA, putting his arm around her and bringing her toward the State Street MBTA station.

"It's obvious from the video surveillance she did not go along willing," Gross said.

OA's phone last pinged in Charlestown. Police used the surveillance and the ping to help narrow their search, which eventually led to Pena's apartment, said Gross. Police took Pena into custody and OA to the hospital after separating them.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 07-28-2022 at 09:31 AM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-co...ry?id=60565083

A 23-year-old woman allegedly held against her will was crying and had "a horrified look on her face" when police found her at her suspected kidnapper's Boston home, according to court documents.

When the investigation into OA's disappearance was intensifying, police followed the last known ping from her phone to an apartment complex. Detectives showed surveillance images to neighbors, who said the suspect looked like Pena, according to the documents obtained by ABC Boston affiliate WCVB.

The missing 23-year-old's phone also re-activated and she began sending messages to her mother, the documents said.
    Maintenance staff was called in to open the door to Pena’s apartment on Tuesday, the documents said, and before drilling the lock, detectives waited about 20 minutes and knocked numerous times.

"Once the top lock was dismantled but prior to the lower locks being opened, the detectives heard the locks opening from the inside," the documents said.

Pena, who was at the doorway, "resisted violently” when authorities tried to handcuff him, according to the documents.

OA told a detective "she was being held against her will," and that Pena took her phone and "refused to let her leave the apartment for the entire time she was held there," according to the documents.

Pena made his first appearance in court on Wednesday, during which it was determined he would undergo a further mental evaluation.

A doctor who examined Pena said he showed signs of psychosis.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 07-28-2022 at 09:23 AM.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/victor-...-2022/40715876

Guilty: Jury convicts Victor Pena in Boston kidnapping, rape case

Jurors only needed about two hours of deliberations on Tuesday to convict a man accused of kidnapping a woman and then raping her for several days in his Charlestown apartment.

Victor Pena, 42, was charged with kidnapping and 10 counts of aggravated rape for allegedly holding the 23-year-old woman against her will and sexually assaulting her for three days at his Walford Way home in January 2019.
    Advertisement

After six days of testimony and evidence, closing arguments were delivered Tuesday morning and the jury was sent to begin deliberating at noon. The court announced that a verdict was reached around 2 p.m., and the guilty verdicts were revealed in the courtroom less than 30 minutes later.

He was found guilty on all counts.

Sentencing is scheduled for Monday morning. Pena faces up to 10 years in prison for the kidnapping charge and up to life in prison for the rape counts.
    Also, I am going to remove the victim's name and just use initials, because it looks like everywhere is now redacting her name.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.wcvb.com/article/victor-...-2022/40715876

Guilty: Jury convicts Victor Pena in Boston kidnapping, rape case

Also, I am going to remove the victim's name and just use initials, because it looks like everywhere is now redacting her name.
    Good idea. She's already been through enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

Thread Information