Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Savannah Spurlock (22) was murdered after leaving a bar with two men

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-23-2022 at 07:57 AM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I hope she is found safe. Overall, I don't like how they are talking about her in past tense within this story.

LEX 18's Leigh Searcy reported Spurlock was a mother of four children, including twin boys who were just weeks old.

It is a free for all on her FB page right now with hundreds, if not thousands, of strangers posting disparaging things about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    It is a free for all on her FB page right now with hundreds, if not thousands, of strangers posting disparaging things about her.
    That is so fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Can you post some here for the people that don’t have fb?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

A lot of people are talking shit about the fact she has little ones and went out. It's such bullshit....because you're a mom, you're not allowed to blow off steam? I feel like new moms need that more than anyone else!!

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Here are some examples. Note I included the names of the posters because they should have their names shared.

Drew Bindle It’s sad you’re a mudsharker. This might have been your undoing.
    Brad Morrison This what happens when you leave a bar with black men. Smh
    Sarfaraz Alam Burn the coal
    Stephan Waynes Pay the toll
    Gracin Jennings Stephanie Tassanari she was getting some bbc in that pawg
    Gracin Jennings Vic Lance she loves our bbc
    Stephan Waynes Ok, 1st question...
    Have you burned the coal?

Within the posts someone identified David Allen Sparks as one of the men she left the bar with; it was his parent's house that was searched.

Here are some examples. Note I included the names of the posters because they should have their names shared.

Within the posts someone identified David Allen Sparks as one of the men she left the bar with; it was his parent's house that was searched.
    The fuck is wrong with people?

I grew up in the county they are currently searching so I know it really well. That area is nothing but farmland.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Lots of buzz on fb that tons of police presence and the coroner are at the house she was last seen at..backed up to a storage unit..one sleuth even posted a video of her driving by the scene as proof ...hopefully this brings her family some closure

https://www.wave3.com/2019/07/11/hum...spurlock-case/

LANCASTER, Ky. (WKYT) - One arrest has been made following the search for missing Richmond mother Savannah Spurlock.

David Sparks was booked into the Madison County Detention Center Thursday morning. Sparks is charged with abuse of a corpse and tampering with physical evidence.

Kentucky State Police Trooper Robert Purdy says investigators found human remains at a property in Garrard County in connection to the Spurlock case.

Authorities were at Perkins Lane, which is one of the sites where search teams were deployed in the weeks following Spurlock's disappearance. The road was blocked at the Fall Lick Road intersection. They received a tip around 5 p.m.

Troopers said the property being searched belonged to the family of a potential suspect.

Kentucky State Police didn't identify the remains. Medical examiners in Frankfort will perform an autopsy.

Kentucky State Police was the lead investigating agency at the search scene. Richmond police have been the lead investigating agency in the case. Garrard County authorities and the FBI are also at the property.

WKYT confirmed a coroner was at the scene of the search. The coroner's vehicle left after midnight Thursday.

Investigators believe Spurlock, 23, was last seen January 4 after she left a Lexington bar and went with a group of men to a home on Price Court in Garrard County. Police interviewed the men seen with Spurlock on surveillance video outside the bar.

Authorities have searched a home on Price Court during the investigation into Spurlock's disappearance during the initial stages of the investigation. Search teams spent weeks looking for her throughout Garrard County soon after she went missing.

This discovery comes days after the six-month anniversary of Spurlock's disappearance. Spurlock is the mother of four children.

This story is developing. WKYT has a crew at the scene.

So was he one of the guys she was seen leaving with? What about the other 2?

So this guy they arrested, David sparks, was one of the 3 men last seen with her on security video leaving for the bar...his residence was the one previously searched that turned up nothing...crazy that all those people were talking trash about her leaving with black men, & the white man is the one who killed her...bet they feel stupid now

Quote Originally Posted by Jp1129 View Post
    So this guy they arrested, David sparks, was one of the 3 men last seen with her on security video leaving for the bar...his residence was the one previously searched that turned up nothing...crazy that all those people were talking trash about her leaving with black men, & the white man is the one who killed her...bet they feel stupid now
    You would think that, but based on the type of people who were making those comments I am sure they have an excuse or a reason why it is still her fault for hanging around black men, and that the white guy is being framed or some type of nonsense like that.

Yup you are so right...people like that are not rational and lack common sense..one track mind kinda people

Didn't you know? It's always the black guy!

How much would they be able to tell from a body buried for 6 months in the summer?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    How much would they be able to tell from a body buried for 6 months in the summer?
    Yeah, probably not much. I know that here in Florida a body can become skeletonized in a matter of weeks in the summer.

She was found less than 5 minutes up the road from my father's house which I happened to be at the night she was found. I have been following this case since day one. David has been treated with kid gloves this entire time. People seem to think because he's a quiet dude that he couldn't do this. 🙄 I have some local rumors that I could share but I don't know if I should.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy1217 View Post
    She was found less than 5 minutes up the road from my father's house which I happened to be at the night she was found. I have been following this case since day one. David has been treated with kid gloves this entire time. People seem to think because he's a quiet dude that he couldn't do this. 🙄 I have some local rumors that I could share but I don't know if I should.
    You definitely should

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...low-grave.html

The body of Savannah Spurlock, 23, was discovered last week on a rural Kentucky property six months after her disappearance
    The mother-of-four's body was found naked, bound and bundled into trash bags and buried in a shallow grave
    Spurlock was last seen alive leaving a bar with three men on January 4
    One of those men, 23-year-old David Sparks, has since been charged with abuse of a corpse and tampering with physical evidence
    Sparks appeared in Garrard District Court Monday morning for a preliminary hearing where new details emerged
    Her remains were uncovered on the property where he lives with his parents after police received a tip about a foul odor
    Investigators are working to find out when Spurlock's body was buried but confirmed it was likely she had not been placed there recently

The body of missing Kentucky mother of four, Savannah Spurlock was found naked, bound, bundled into trash bags and buried in a shallow grave behind property belonging to the parents of the man now charged in connection to her disappearance.

David Sparks, 23, appeared in Garrard District Court this morning for a preliminary hearing at which these and other disturbing new details emerged.

Savannah, 23, was last seen on the night of January 4, leaving a bar in Lexington, Kentucky with three men - one of whom was Sparks.

Sparks arrived in court, small, lean shackled and handcuffed. He took his seat without making eye contact with Savannah's father, Cecil, 54, his fianc?e, Cheryl Lynn Wright, or the young mother's friends who sat by his side.

Cecil Spurlock had arrived clutching a photograph of himself with his daughter.

Kentucky State Police Detective Tyler Chamings described the 'clandestine grave' in which Savannah was found on July 10.

It was, he said, at its deepest point approximately 19 inches deep and the black plastic in which her naked body was wrapped could be seen at points without disturbing the ground.

She had been placed 'in multiple black trash bags, was unclothed and her feet were bound with tape.' He described her as being in an 'unnatural orientation' in that her 'head and feet were in the same position. She had been folded in half.'

A grey rectangular accent rug was found buried by her at her back.

Det Chamings went onto tell the court that at 2.10pm in the afternoon of January 5 Sparks sent a text message to his sister, Sarah.

It said, 'Hey where did you get that rug? I'm going to get another one.'

Later that day, the detective stated, Sparks went to Wal-Mart in Richmond and purchased an identical rug to the one found buried beside Savannah.

Spark's home in Lancaster - the last place where Savannah was seen alive - was searched on January 10 and the officer said that he had observed a grey rectangular rug in his bedroom, between his bed and a closet.

A subsequent search conducted on April 2 revealed a blood stain on the inside of that closet door - the stain was invisible to the naked eye but showed following the use of a luminol based agent.

When interviewed by detectives back in January, Sparks had told them that he and the other men had gone back to his house with Savannah.

They left but he and Savannah remained. He claimed that she went to sleep in his bedroom while he slept on the couch.

When he woke mid-morning he said that she asked him where she was apparently so she could arrange transport home.

He claimed to have fallen asleep and that, when he woke again around noon, she had gone. He said she was uninjured when she did.

But today Det. Chamings revealed that Sparks had visited his parents' home twice on the night of the 4th and in the early hours of the 5th of January.

According to Det. Chamings the evening after Savannah was last seen alive at his then home, Sparks spent two hours at his parents' property. He then left and returned in the early hours of the following morning.
    SAVANNAH SPURLOCK CASE TIMELINE:

January 4: Savannah Spurlock goes out to a Lexington bar with a friend at about 10pm. It's the first time she has been out in months because she gave birth to twins in December. Her friend leaves the bar after the pair have a fight because Savannah wants to stay out longer.

January 5: She is caught on surveillance video leaving the bar with three men.

Savannah is driven to a rural home 40 miles away in Garrard County in the back of a car with two of the men while another vehicle driven by the third man follows behind.

She video calls her mother at about 2.30am saying she'll be home later in the morning. Savannah is not heard from again and her phone is switched off, or dies, at about 8am.

January 8: Police appeal for help looking for Savannah and the men she was seen leaving the bar with. They release the surveillance images of them leaving the bar.

They launch a wide scale search for her.

January 22: Police reveal they've located the men she left the bar with and are questioning them.

They execute a search warrant on a home in Garrard County that belongs to one of the men. It is believed to be the home where Savannah was last seen. Investigators seize a car from the property to examine.

January 28: Police say they have questioned the men but no charges have been filed.

Search and rescue teams scour the area near the home.

February 4: Police reveal that one of the men told them she left the property 'later that morning' but do not say how she left. Investigators are unable to confirm this.

February 5: Searchers spend Savannah's 23rd birthday scouring corn fields and an area near a bridge in Garrard County.

July 10: Police say the have found human remains connected to the case at the home they previously searched. They searched it after receiving a tip about a foul odor on the property.

July 11: Police arrest David Sparks, 23, and charge him with abuse of a corpse and tampering with physical evidence. He is believed to be one of the three men last seen with Spurlock and lived at the property with his parents.

Police found package wrapping tape similar to that used to bind Savannah's ankles and black trash bags like those in which her body had been wrapped.

Sparks's own father, Allen, reported the shallow grave in which she was buried. According to Sparks's arrest citation his father, 'reported to his attorney a foul odor coming from his property and became concerned.'

Officer Chamings could not give any reason for why the body had not been found during an earlier search conducted in February.

Sparks has been charged with tampering with evidence and abuse of a corpse, but neither cause nor time of death has been determined.

After the hearing, which lasted just 30 minutes Sparks, was transported back to Lincoln Regional Jail where he is currently being held on no bond. Honorable Bill Oliver, the presiding judge at this morning's hearing, is reviewing that.

The discovery of the remains came just days after the six month mark in the investigation.

Over the course of the investigation, police refused to publicly identify the three men last seen with Spurlock or reveal much of the details of the case.

They had previously searched the property in February and seized a car parked outside in the early days of the investigation.

It is not clear whether police found any evidence at the property during the initial search.

The young woman gave birth to twins in December and also has a four-year-old son, Noah, and a two-year-old son, Jace.

Police have previously said they do not believe that Spurlock knew the men prior to meeting them that night.

Authorities said Spurlock was driven to the rural home in the back of a car with two of the men while another vehicle driven by the third man followed behind.

Spurlock had video called her mother at about 2.30am from one of the men's vehicles to tell her she would be home later that morning.

Police searched the countryside surrounding the home for weeks but were unable to find any evidence. K9 units and searches on foot and boat combed the rivers and ponds across an area stretching close to 70 miles with that house as its epicenter.

During the search, a scrap of material the same color as the skirt Savannah was wearing the night she disappeared was found. It was discovered in an area not far from the rural home and near one of many ponds in the stretch of countryside. It was sent off for forensic examination.

Police also released photos of the purse and cell phone she had on her at the time given neither have been found.

Her cell phone was switched off, or died, around 8am - five hours after she called her mother saying she would be back later that morning.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...low-grave.html

The body of Savannah Spurlock, 23, was discovered last week on a rural Kentucky property six months after her disappearance
    The mother-of-four's body was found naked, bound and bundled into trash bags and buried in a shallow grave
    Spurlock was last seen alive leaving a bar with three men on January 4
    One of those men, 23-year-old David Sparks, has since been charged with abuse of a corpse and tampering with physical evidence
    Sparks appeared in Garrard District Court Monday morning for a preliminary hearing where new details emerged
    Her remains were uncovered on the property where he lives with his parents after police received a tip about a foul odor
    Investigators are working to find out when Spurlock's body was buried but confirmed it was likely she had not been placed there recently

The body of missing Kentucky mother of four, Savannah Spurlock was found naked, bound, bundled into trash bags and buried in a shallow grave behind property belonging to the parents of the man now charged in connection to her disappearance.

David Sparks, 23, appeared in Garrard District Court this morning for a preliminary hearing at which these and other disturbing new details emerged.

Savannah, 23, was last seen on the night of January 4, leaving a bar in Lexington, Kentucky with three men - one of whom was Sparks.

Sparks arrived in court, small, lean shackled and handcuffed. He took his seat without making eye contact with Savannah's father, Cecil, 54, his fianc?e, Cheryl Lynn Wright, or the young mother's friends who sat by his side.

Cecil Spurlock had arrived clutching a photograph of himself with his daughter.

Kentucky State Police Detective Tyler Chamings described the 'clandestine grave' in which Savannah was found on July 10.

It was, he said, at its deepest point approximately 19 inches deep and the black plastic in which her naked body was wrapped could be seen at points without disturbing the ground.

She had been placed 'in multiple black trash bags, was unclothed and her feet were bound with tape.' He described her as being in an 'unnatural orientation' in that her 'head and feet were in the same position. She had been folded in half.'

A grey rectangular accent rug was found buried by her at her back.

Det Chamings went onto tell the court that at 2.10pm in the afternoon of January 5 Sparks sent a text message to his sister, Sarah.

It said, 'Hey where did you get that rug? I'm going to get another one.'

Later that day, the detective stated, Sparks went to Wal-Mart in Richmond and purchased an identical rug to the one found buried beside Savannah.

Spark's home in Lancaster - the last place where Savannah was seen alive - was searched on January 10 and the officer said that he had observed a grey rectangular rug in his bedroom, between his bed and a closet.

A subsequent search conducted on April 2 revealed a blood stain on the inside of that closet door - the stain was invisible to the naked eye but showed following the use of a luminol based agent.

When interviewed by detectives back in January, Sparks had told them that he and the other men had gone back to his house with Savannah.

They left but he and Savannah remained. He claimed that she went to sleep in his bedroom while he slept on the couch.

When he woke mid-morning he said that she asked him where she was apparently so she could arrange transport home.

He claimed to have fallen asleep and that, when he woke again around noon, she had gone. He said she was uninjured when she did.

But today Det. Chamings revealed that Sparks had visited his parents' home twice on the night of the 4th and in the early hours of the 5th of January.

According to Det. Chamings the evening after Savannah was last seen alive at his then home, Sparks spent two hours at his parents' property. He then left and returned in the early hours of the following morning.
    SAVANNAH SPURLOCK CASE TIMELINE:

January 4: Savannah Spurlock goes out to a Lexington bar with a friend at about 10pm. It's the first time she has been out in months because she gave birth to twins in December. Her friend leaves the bar after the pair have a fight because Savannah wants to stay out longer.

January 5: She is caught on surveillance video leaving the bar with three men.

Savannah is driven to a rural home 40 miles away in Garrard County in the back of a car with two of the men while another vehicle driven by the third man follows behind.

She video calls her mother at about 2.30am saying she'll be home later in the morning. Savannah is not heard from again and her phone is switched off, or dies, at about 8am.

January 8: Police appeal for help looking for Savannah and the men she was seen leaving the bar with. They release the surveillance images of them leaving the bar.

They launch a wide scale search for her.

January 22: Police reveal they've located the men she left the bar with and are questioning them.

They execute a search warrant on a home in Garrard County that belongs to one of the men. It is believed to be the home where Savannah was last seen. Investigators seize a car from the property to examine.

January 28: Police say they have questioned the men but no charges have been filed.

Search and rescue teams scour the area near the home.

February 4: Police reveal that one of the men told them she left the property 'later that morning' but do not say how she left. Investigators are unable to confirm this.

February 5: Searchers spend Savannah's 23rd birthday scouring corn fields and an area near a bridge in Garrard County.

July 10: Police say the have found human remains connected to the case at the home they previously searched. They searched it after receiving a tip about a foul odor on the property.

July 11: Police arrest David Sparks, 23, and charge him with abuse of a corpse and tampering with physical evidence. He is believed to be one of the three men last seen with Spurlock and lived at the property with his parents.

Police found package wrapping tape similar to that used to bind Savannah's ankles and black trash bags like those in which her body had been wrapped.

Sparks's own father, Allen, reported the shallow grave in which she was buried. According to Sparks's arrest citation his father, 'reported to his attorney a foul odor coming from his property and became concerned.'

Officer Chamings could not give any reason for why the body had not been found during an earlier search conducted in February.

Sparks has been charged with tampering with evidence and abuse of a corpse, but neither cause nor time of death has been determined.

After the hearing, which lasted just 30 minutes Sparks, was transported back to Lincoln Regional Jail where he is currently being held on no bond. Honorable Bill Oliver, the presiding judge at this morning's hearing, is reviewing that.

The discovery of the remains came just days after the six month mark in the investigation.

Over the course of the investigation, police refused to publicly identify the three men last seen with Spurlock or reveal much of the details of the case.

They had previously searched the property in February and seized a car parked outside in the early days of the investigation.

It is not clear whether police found any evidence at the property during the initial search.

The young woman gave birth to twins in December and also has a four-year-old son, Noah, and a two-year-old son, Jace.

Police have previously said they do not believe that Spurlock knew the men prior to meeting them that night.

Authorities said Spurlock was driven to the rural home in the back of a car with two of the men while another vehicle driven by the third man followed behind.

Spurlock had video called her mother at about 2.30am from one of the men's vehicles to tell her she would be home later that morning.

Police searched the countryside surrounding the home for weeks but were unable to find any evidence. K9 units and searches on foot and boat combed the rivers and ponds across an area stretching close to 70 miles with that house as its epicenter.

During the search, a scrap of material the same color as the skirt Savannah was wearing the night she disappeared was found. It was discovered in an area not far from the rural home and near one of many ponds in the stretch of countryside. It was sent off for forensic examination.

Police also released photos of the purse and cell phone she had on her at the time given neither have been found.

Her cell phone was switched off, or died, around 8am - five hours after she called her mother saying she would be back later that morning.

Sorry about the double post and didn't realize the article was that long when i was copying and pasting. I'll just post the link next time, yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by SalVal View Post
    Sorry about the double post and didn't realize the article was that long when i was copying and pasting. I'll just post the link next time, yikes.
    No need to apologize, I like detailed articles posted rather than just links

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    No need to apologize, I like detailed articles posted rather than just links

Good, I wasn't sure if it was better to post the link or entire article. :) I prefer to read here instead of the link too.

Thread Information