Thread: 25-year-old Andrew Madi charged in fentanyl overdose death

25-year-old Andrew Madi charged in fentanyl overdose death

https://abc7.com/alleged-la-drug-dea...yl-od/4874576/

This is on the distribution of fentanyl

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Hollywood man who allegedly dealt drugs over Craigslist has been indicted on charges of selling the powerful synthetic opioid fentanyl to a customer who died of an overdose.

A federal grand jury charged 25-year-old Andrew Madi with one count of distribution of a controlled substance resulting in death. It wasn't known immediately if he has an attorney.

Investigators say Madi met the customer at a shopping center and sold him the drug.

Madi later texted the victim to see how he was doing, and he responded that the drug was "pretty powerful."

The man was later found dead.

A special DEA task force called Fusion that helped to identity and arrest Madi recently granted Eyewitness News inside access to their operations.

Task force officials identified Madi - who went by the name Stixx - as the dealer who allegedly sold the fentanyl to a Southern California man named Alex Gertsch on July 3.

Officials say soon after Gertsch and Madi met up in West Hollywood, Gertsch was dead. Officials say there is no indication that Gertsch bought any drugs from any other dealer during that time period.

The coroner's office determined he had died of a fentanyl overdose.

If convicted, Madi faces a sentence from 20 years to life in prison.

Investigators linked him to Craigslist posts in which he advertised the sale of fentanyl, heroin and Xanax.

Madi is scheduled to be arraigned Dec. 21.

I dont even know what to think about this. People are making their own 'pressed pills' & the people buying it dont know what they're getting til it's too late. But I'm on the fence about who should be charged because the buyer is taking a risk when they choose to take drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post
    I dont even know what to think about this. People are making their own 'pressed pills' & the people buying it dont know what they're getting til it's too late. But I'm on the fence about who should be charged because the buyer is taking a risk when they choose to take drugs.
    I'm on the fence too. I have had no updates on the investigation on my ex husbands OD, but I know they are close to wrapping the case up as the detective said he would be able to talk to me in a couple of weeks. I'm shocked he did heroin at all, he knew what was happening with it, so I feel it's his own fault for doing it. He was not strung out at this time, he would binge every several weeks but he otherwise acted and looked normal. Now 2 years ago when I picked him up off the street, I'd have believed he would do anything.

I have wondered if heroin, fentanyl and crack could be mixed together and the user not know.

I am so very sorry. Our family has lost 2 ppl in the past 3 yrs bc of OD & both times ppl were so mad they wanted to go to the police about who supplied it but wasn't sure if that was the right thing to do considering.
    Down here they mix anything w anything when it comes to heroin or meth to make it stretch to be able to sell more. They're also mixing fentanyl with heroin to make it more potent & not always telling the person buying it. It seems there's a lot more now to worry about than just doing the heroin.
    I am so sorry about your husband & also for late reply. I would love to have good words here to use but have never found any. I hope you're in a good place & are having a great day. 💜

Thread Information