Thread: Armored truck driver Mark Espinosa (29) missing from Louisville, KY since 12/5/18

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar

Armored truck driver Mark Espinosa (29) missing from Louisville, KY since 12/5/18

http://www.wdrb.com/story/39601443/m...k-has-vanished

The Louisville Metro Police Department is asking the public to help officers locate a missing armored truck driver.

During a news conference Thursday afternoon, LMPD Lt. Steve Kaufling asked the public to be on the lookout for 29-year-old Mark Espinosa, described as a 5-foot-10-inch white male weighing 225 pounds. He was last seen wearing a dark blue shirt with a dark pair of blue pants.

According to police, officers were called to the Jefferson Mall area just after 3 p.m. Wednesday after someone reported that Espinosa, the driver of an armored truck owned by Garda Armored Truck Services, had vanished.

The truck was found nearby, but police say an undetermined amount of cash was missing.

Espinosa, who was alone with the truck, has not been seen since.

Kaufling said they are investigating all avenues, including the possibility that Espinosa took the money himself.

"We're looking into every aspect of this," he said. "If he's missing, if he could be a danger, if he could be a suspect."

Police say they have searched a vehicle as well as Espinosa's Louisville residence.

Kaufling said two Garda employees would normally be with the truck at all times. However, one of the employees had left the area of the truck to make a delivery, leaving Espinosa alone with the truck at the time of the disappearance.

There was no surveillance video of the incident, Kaufling said.

Police are asking anyone who may have witnessed something Wednesday or who may know Espinosa's current whereabouts to contact LMPD. Anyone with any information is asked to call the police anonymous tip line at (502) 574-LMPD.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...id=mailsignout

The armored car driver who disappeared last month, reportedly with $850,000, has been charged with theft and awards totaling $60,000 have been offered for information leading to his arrest, Louisville police and the FBI announced Wednesday.

The disclosure came a few hours after the Courier Journal reported Mark Espinosa, 29, was let go by GardaWorld within five days of his disappearance Dec. 5 from Jefferson Mall.

Authorities had previously declined to say if he was a victim of a theft or the perpetrator.

But Wednesday the FBI said its joint investigation with police determined Espinosa was "directly involved in the theft."

Louisville Metro Police Lt. Steve Kaufling told reporters that Espinosa is "armed and dangerous" and has ties to the Northeast along with family members on the West Coast and in Texas and Florida.

The FBI is offering $10,000 for information leading to his arrest, while GardaWorld is offering $50,000. Anyone with information is asked to call the FBI at 502-263-6000.

https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-co...ry?id=60756592

An armored-car driver wanted by the FBI and police in Louisville, Kentucky, for allegedly taking off with "hundreds of thousands of dollars" was arrested almost 800 miles away in Connecticut trying to get a driver's license, according to authorities.

"A significant amount of cash" was also found at a Middletown, Connecticut, apartment belonging to suspect Mark Espinosa, police in Wethersfield, Conn., said in a news release Thursday.

Espinosa of Louisville was captured Wednesday at a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) after a worker reported that a person was presenting forged documents, Wethersfield police said.

"Once at the DMV, the officer was told by a DMV employee that a white male was attempting to get a driver’s license, but presented a forged birth certificate," police said.

The officer encountered Espinosa, who allegedly identified himself as another person. He was arrested for alleged forgery and brought to police headquarters, where he was eventually identified as a wanted fugitive, police said.

Espinosa was charged with second-degree forgery and interfering with an officer. Police said in a news release that he'd appeared in court Thursday morning and would be turned over to the FBI shortly afterward.

Glad that fool was caught. What'd he do - use an orange crayon to change his DOB on the birth certificate?

Quote Originally Posted by Joey2407 View Post
    Glad that fool was caught. What'd he do - use an orange crayon to change his DOB on the birth certificate?
    Right!?

Yeah, I don't think this case involved Scotland Yard to close. It sounds like he didn't even really have a long term plan to get away with it. News flash-armored car heists are big news. They don't just stop looking for you a month later and say "fair enough, you went a month without us catching you...now you're off scot free". Dumbass!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Right!?

Yeah, I don't think this case involved Scotland Yard to close. It sounds like he didn't even really have a long term plan to get away with it. News flash-armored car heists are big news. They don't just stop looking for you a month later and say "fair enough, you went a month without us catching you...now you're off scot free". Dumbass!
    Yeah. It seems like this was a spur of the moment thing. "For two cents I'd just walk away and leave all this behind me..." "hey wait a minute!" I hope he had fun with the money cause he's gonna be paying for whatever fling he had for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Yeah. It seems like this was a spur of the moment thing. "For two cents I'd just walk away and leave all this behind me..." "hey wait a minute!" I hope he had fun with the money cause he's gonna be paying for whatever fling he had for a long time.
    Yeah, I think we've all had those days at work where we wanted to walk away and start a new life. I guess if you have a pile of cash that big in your truck, temptation can overrule common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Yeah, I think we've all had those days at work where we wanted to walk away and start a new life. I guess if you have a pile of cash that big in your truck, temptation can overrule common sense.
    I worked at a bank for many years. There were always 2 armored guards in the truck. Why was this guy by himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Joey2407 View Post
    I worked at a bank for many years. There were always 2 armored guards in the truck. Why was this guy by himself?
    I think he was the second guy. First guy went in to drop off or pick up and when he came out this guy was gone. (I think??)

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...on/4384881002/

The former Louisville armored truck driver who allegedly swiped nearly $1 million from his truck last year while it was parked outside of Jefferson Mall and then fled to Connecticut was sentenced Wednesday to a little more than three years in federal prison.

U.S. District Judge Justin Walker agreed with a recommendation from federal prosecutors and sentenced Mark Espinosa to 37 months in prison.

That was far less than the maximum 60-year sentence that Espinosa was facing for charges of theft from a common carrier, bank robbery, interstate transportation of stolen money, monetary transactions involving stolen money and money laundering

Espinosa, 30, will also have two years of supervised release after his time in prison, and he was ordered to pay restitution.

He pleaded guilty in September to stealing more than $900,000 from a GardaWorld armored truck parked outside Louisville's Jefferson Mall on Dec. 5, 2018.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    3 years and he stole $90k? Damn, I wonder if they recovered mostly all of the money. Why such a short sentence?

I'm seriously considering if it would be worth 3 years in prison to be a millionaire for a month....hmmmm.

Three years?! Yet a man in Louisiana got life in prison for stealing hedge clippers

Thread Information