Thread: Maddisson Parrott (29) was killed by (31) year old Nick Cross

Maddisson Parrott (29) was killed by (31) year old Nick Cross

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...48248b6d3c4d87

Maddisson Parrott was a store manager and the person who killed Parrott claims to have started an anti-crime group in Australia. Nick Cross and two others are charged with Murder.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...06-p50kp9.html

Nick Cross was previously investigated by police for forming a vigilante group in Australia prior to the murder. But the real motive for this murder is under investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by KambingSociety View Post
    https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...06-p50kp9.html

Nick Cross was previously investigated by police for forming a vigilante group in Australia prior to the murder. But the real motive for this murder is under investigation.
    And there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I forgot to mention that Todd Daryl Sell, 34, from Colac and Tracey Menzies, 34 from Bell Park are now identified for the coverup of the murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    And there it is.

It was going to be here somewhere

I am interested in the motive.

Quote Originally Posted by terps1990 View Post
    I am interested in the motive.
    Me too. I posted this in a group when the news broke the other day. The details were really sketchy at that point & the headline made it sound like it could be a camping accident - maybe from smoking or a fuel lamp or something

But when you got to the end of the tiny little piece on it they said either major crime squad or homicide were investigating - that was the only clue it was something worse than an accident scene.

Be interesting to hear whether the arrestees have a connection to the husband she left? Might have nothing to do with him though, this Cross guy sounds like he had a pretty questionable criminal history even before he started going around threatening people under the pretence of "crime fighting".

Like most "citizen crime fighters" in Australia, he's just a violent man with a criminal history looking to get a public ego-stroking for doing something he loves - ie. menacing & beating the shit out of people

Also, this is mostly O/T but I'm just going to give some background that people won't get from the articles on this guy, although there are a few obvious clues ie. - what could make an Australian man with criminal connections start an anti-crime group without fear of being labelled a dog (snitch)?

- if he formed his "citizen anti-crime group" in Victoria in recent years there's a good chance it means he formed a crime group targeting African Australian teens. The news reports I've seen indicate he started it up in 2016 which is exactly when sections of Aus media started pushing their "Apex gang" stories. Media falsely claimed "Apex" was an African gang just because there were some kids in the group who were African Australian. They never mentioned the white kids or kids from other backgrounds, it was always the Black kids.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-...entity/8440312

The Apex stories eventually gained momentum (along with another - Menace To Society) & morphed into the "African Gangs Crisis"

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...can-australian

Basically, for the past 2 years, with increasing intensity, conservative media & politicians have been whipping people into a terrified racist frenzy over the supposed ever-present threat of "African gangs". Australians were repeatedly told Victorians were living in a state of fear & any Victorian who said it was bullshit was denounced as a leftist liar.

99% of crime in VIC is not caused by African Australians (*actual statistic) but apparently some people still think crimes are much scarier if the perpetrator has a Black face so this fear was exploited for political mileage.

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/unca...-african-gang/

In an amazing coincidence the constant media coverage of the African Gang Crisis ended the very day Victorian conservatives were thrashed into oblivion at the state election last month.

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/unca...ly-disappears/

The stigma that Victoria's African community have had to live with won't fade so quickly & no doubt there are still "anti-crime" groups out there like the one this guy started.

Anyway, as I said in another thread recently, the V-word tends to have very specific connotations in present day Australia. It hasn't always been that way & I'm sure it'll change back to normal usage one day, but right now it tends to identify particular minority groups as the offending parties.

Edit : last 2 links are to a well known Australian political satire site but they get the point across with minimum reading, there are hundreds of articles on the issue available if anyone wants heavier reading.
    Last edited by blighted star; 12-07-2018 at 07:56 PM.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-Parrott.html

An ice-addicted vigilante is accused of allegedly shooting a woman in the head before dumping her in a tent and burning it down.

The body of Maddison Parrott, 29, was found severely burned inside the charred remains of the tent at the Geelong Showgrounds about 2am on Tuesday.

Two days later Nick Cross and two alleged accomplices were arrested by heavily-armed tactical police at a home in Sydney about 3.45pm on Thursday.

Cross formed a vigilante group in 2016 after a group of teenagers tried to break into his home as he hid inside with his 10-year-old daughter.

'Here I have my daughter who still believes in Santa Claus and 2km down the road there is a 12-year-old armed with a knife trying to steal someone's car,' he said at the time.

'The kids are led by a few guys who are about 30. They are always armed with knives or poles and they are becoming more brazen.'

Cross claimed at the time to have 260 citizens patrolling the streets at night with him, and to have grabbed a young offender and made him sit in his shed for two hours until police arrived.

Ms Parrott was working as a store manager at Platypus Shoes until almost a year ago and was a 'much-loved' member of the community, the Geelong Advertiser reported.

The 29-year-old had an 'acrimonious' split with her husband whom she married about three years ago, and a source said she had struggled since the break-up.

Her ex-husband was not among those accused of participating in her death.

Former work colleagues of Ms Parrott were also spoken to by Victoria Police.

Cross and the other two were arrested at gunpoint at a home on Gipps Street in Greystanes, in Sydney's west.

Officers surrounded the house and dragged the trio out in handcuffs after reports they could be armed.

Paramedics treated them at the scene as they were injured during the arrests. Neighbours said they had been in the house for less than 24 hours.

A neighbour told 7 News that the arrests were 'a bit scary'.

'We got the guns over the fence and stuff like that. They were being pretty serious,' the neighbour said.

If the Ex-Husband has no connection to the murder then this is more crazier given that we have an Ice Addict named Nick Cross. Apparently Nick Cross at one point had 260 people supporting him though when allegedly to stop people from breaking into his home in his area though.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-Parrott.html

If the Ex-Husband has no connection to the murder then this is more crazier given that we have an Ice Addict named Nick Cross. Apparently Nick Cross at one point had 260 people supporting him though when allegedly to stop people from breaking into his home in his area though.
    Yeah, remember that other Victorian vigilante story you posted? The guy that was so skilled with nunchucks?

Read all my links above. There's a reason for the big increase in "anti-crime" groups in Victoria over the past 2 years.

Edit : & if friends are saying she "struggled" over the past few years she might've just got herself mixed up with some bad people

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Also, this is mostly O/T but I'm just going to give some background that people won't get from the articles on this guy, although there are a few obvious clues ie. - what could make an Australian man with criminal connections start an anti-crime group without fear of being labelled a dog (snitch)?

- if he formed his "citizen anti-crime group" in Victoria in recent years there's a good chance it means he formed a crime group targeting African Australian teens. The news reports I've seen indicate he started it up in 2016 which is exactly when sections of Aus media started pushing their "Apex gang" stories. Media falsely claimed "Apex" was an African gang just because there were some kids in the group who were African Australian. They never mentioned the white kids or kids from other backgrounds, it was always the Black kids.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-...entity/8440312

The Apex stories eventually gained momentum (along with another - Menace To Society) & morphed into the "African Gangs Crisis"

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...can-australian

Basically, for the past 2 years, with increasing intensity, conservative media & politicians have been whipping people into a terrified racist frenzy over the supposed ever-present threat of "African gangs". Australians were repeatedly told Victorians were living in a state of fear & any Victorian who said it was bullshit was denounced as a leftist liar.

99% of crime in VIC is not caused by African Australians (*actual statistic) but apparently some people still think crimes are much scarier if the perpetrator has a Black face so this fear was exploited for political mileage.

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/unca...-african-gang/

In an amazing coincidence the constant media coverage of the African Gang Crisis ended the very day Victorian conservatives were thrashed into oblivion at the state election last month.

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/unca...ly-disappears/

The stigma that Victoria's African community have had to live with won't fade so quickly & no doubt there are still "anti-crime" groups out there like the one this guy started.

Anyway, as I said in another thread recently, the V-word tends to have very specific connotations in present day Australia. It hasn't always been that way & I'm sure it'll change back to normal usage one day, but right now it tends to identify particular minority groups as the offending parties.
    If you hear "Concern Citizen" or "Security concerns at the border in the USA" it always leans towards racial profiling against Hispanics in the USA. I knew that you showed some examples of how Australians have their edition of apartheid and Jim Crow politicians though but in past posts they were directed against Aborigines when the posts were made.

If you hear "Concern Citizen" or "Security concerns at the border in the USA" it always leans towards racial profiling against Hispanics in the USA. I knew that you showed some examples of how Australians have their edition of apartheid and Jim Crow politicians though but in past posts they were directed against Aborigines when the posts were made.
    What?

You mean the WA threads? The other vigilantism references relate to Western Australia & the NT where there's a lot of entrenched racism & very visible Aboriginal populations. That's not to say things are great on the east coast either, but everyone I know who's lived in Aboriginal communities in WA and has also lived on the east coast says it's rougher in WA. & some friends from WA say it's worse than WA in some parts of the Northern Territory - not really a surprise since both places were still using slavery in the 20th century.

The African Australian population is very small & relatively new. Every state has African/African Australian citizens, but only Victoria had this kind of news coverage. A lot them came here on a refugee intake from Sudan in the 2000s so the kids who were being targeted in this coverage are the first Australian born generation.

If you don't count the blackbirded (abducted) Pacific Islander/PNG sugar plantation workers/slaves who were brought to Australia in the late 19thC to early 20thC, this is the first non-Aboriginal Black population who are large enough to be a visible target for politicians (the blackbirding victims were targeted this way too back in their day).

So yeah, historically the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander population has been consistently targeted but Australia has a pretty crap history with non-Western European immigrant populations too. For instance, Vietnamese teens were targeted in the 80s/90s & accused of having Viet Cong connections & being members of the 4T gang. If you read old Australian newspapers you'll find scapegoat populations for every decade going right back to the 1860s - it probably goes further but I haven't read that far yet

Anyways, I've taken us way O/T so I better shift it to a more appropriate thread if this keeps this going

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    You mean the WA threads? The other vigilantism references relate to Western Australia & the NT where there's a lot of entrenched racism & very visible Aboriginal populations. That's not to say things are great on the east coast either, but everyone I know who's lived in Aboriginal communities in WA and has also lived on the east coast says it's rougher in WA. & some friends from WA say it's worse than WA in some parts of the Northern Territory - not really a surprise since both places were still using slavery in the 20th century.

The African Australian population is very small & relatively new. Every state has African/African Australian citizens, but only Victoria had this kind of news coverage. A lot them came here on a refugee intake from Sudan in the 2000s so the kids who were being targeted in this coverage are the first Australian born generation.

If you don't count the blackbirded (abducted) Pacific Islander/PNG sugar plantation workers/slaves who were brought to Australia in the late 19thC to early 20thC, this is the first non-Aboriginal Black population who are large enough to be a visible target for politicians (the blackbirding victims were targeted this way too back in their day).

So yeah, historically the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander population has been consistently targeted but Australia has a pretty crap history with non-Western European immigrant populations too. For instance, Vietnamese teens were targeted in the 80s/90s & accused of having Viet Cong connections & being members of the 4T gang. If you read old Australian newspapers you'll find scapegoat populations for every decade going right back to the 1860s - it probably goes further but I haven't read that far yet

Anyways, I've taken us way O/T so I better shift it to a more appropriate thread if this keeps this going

That's the one. But back to this thread on Nick Cross the real motives for the murder is not yet known though

Here's some stuff to get my posts back on topic

Her fb

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1563950256

Coverage on his "anti-crime" group
    https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...1604d11140b4b5

Geelong vigilante group agrees to stop patrols, police say
    ERIN PEARSON, POLICE, Geelong Advertiser
    September 14, 2016 12:01am

CITIZEN patrols in Geelong will stop following a meeting between senior police and the vigilante group?s leader, police say.

Superintendent Craig Gillard said group founder Nick Cross had since been offered the opportunity to present his concerns to the city?s safety committee after being briefed about the legal and civil dangers of citizen patrols.

?I?ve provided him some advice around patrols and the potential issues that might arise,? Supt Gillard said.

?I asked Nick to consider his position around citizen patrols which he?s done and he?s been in contact with us to advise he and his group will be ceasing patrols.

Nick Cross met with police.

?At the same time I?ve offered him some involvement as a voice around community crime prevention and crime issues. We?re keen to work with Nick and others that would like a voice around these things.?

Supt Gillard said the move was a ?positive step forward? in the community working with police to address crime concerns.

Last week, Bell Post Hill father Mr Cross told the Geelong Advertiser he was leading a group of up to 10 residents who conducted nightly anti-crime patrols. This week member numbers had swelled to more than 420.

Their actions, which had included using their cars to force other motorists out of suburbs, attracted concern from police.

Days later it was revealed some members of the group had links to a bikie gang while others were boasting on social media about using a rottweiler on night patrols.

One woman claimed the animal was her ?body guard?.

Mr Cross said he was moved to start the group after a rise in crime in the city?s north.

He said he wanted to protect the community and his family after he himself was confronted with criminal behaviour.

The vigilante group had described itself as ?just regular citizens with families of our own?.

Supt Gillard said police would continue to patrol the north.

https://www.bay939.com.au/news/local...der-allegation

and Nick Cross has a hearing on December 11th over the murder of Maddison Parrott.

A so-called "vigilante" is due to face a Geelong court tomorrow, charged over the death of a woman whose remains were found at the Geelong Showgrounds.

The body of 29-year-old Maddison Jane Pante, also known as Maddison Parrott, was discovered by CFA crews who had been called to a tent blaze in a camping area at the property in the early hours of last Tuesday.

Nicholas Cross, 31, faced the Melbourne Magistrates' Court on Saturday night, where he was remanded.

He's accused of killing Ms Pante in Breakwater on December 3.

Cross and two co-accused were arrested in Sydney last Thursday before being extradited to Victoria on Friday.

His co-accused, a 34-year-old man and 31-year-old woman, have been charged with being accessories to murder after the fact.

They have also been remanded to face court in Geelong tomorrow.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...led-court.html

Nick Cross in Court

The man accused of incinerating a Geelong woman in a tent has lashed out at police from the prison dock.

Nick Cross, 31, of no fixed address, defiantly gave his middle finger to someone within the Geelong Magistrates’ Court before unleashing an extraordinary attack on police.

‘Vic Pol takes kids. You f**kin dogs,’ he yelled as guards wrestled him out of the packed court room.

The heavily tattooed man had earlier sat through his brief filing hearing slouched in a chair.

He shook his head in disgust as Magistrate Ann McGarvie granted media access to his charge sheets.

He has been charged with the murder of Maddison Parrott in a tent fire at the Geelong showgrounds last week.

Todd Daryl Sell, 34, from Colac and Tracey Menzies, 34, from Bell Park are charged with being accessories to murder after the fact.

All three were arrested at gunpoint at a home on Gipps Street in Greystanes, in Sydney's west.

Officers surrounded the house and dragged the trio out in handcuffs after reports they could be armed.

Paramedics treated them at the scene as they were injured during the arrests. Neighbours said they had been in the house for less than 24 hours.

The court heard both Cross and Menzies were withdrawing from methylamphetamines while Cross also had a shocking heroin habit.

Menzies, who appeared in court sporting bright red hair, yelled out to her family members for assistance as she was lead from the court before telling them she loved them.

The family members, believed to be her parents, made no comment as they left the court.

A woman believed to be the sister of Cross abused the waiting media pack as she left.

She barked obscenities as she crossed the road with a friend, calling media a ‘pack of dogs’.

The court heard police will need a longer than usual period to compile a brief of evidence against the trio due to the state of Ms Parrot’s body.

Court documents allege Sell and Menzies knew Cross was guilty of murder but made no effort to contribute to his apprehension, prosecution or punishment.

Cross formed a vigilante group in 2016 after a group of teenagers tried to break into his home as he hid inside with his 10-year-old daughter.

'Here I have my daughter who still believes in Santa Claus and 2km down the road there is a 12-year-old armed with a knife trying to steal someone's car,' he said at the time.

'The kids are led by a few guys who are about 30. They are always armed with knives or poles and they are becoming more brazen.'

Cross claimed at the time to have 260 citizens patrolling the streets at night with him, and to have grabbed a young offender and made him sit in his shed for two hours until police arrived.

Ms Parrott’s loved ones spoke to The Age on Friday.

They said she was a natural-born leader who was living with her parents at Waurn Ponds. The family had only recently returned from a trip to Bali.

Those close to Ms Parrott said she wanted nothing more than to be a princess, but when her marriage broke down in late 2017, she had to learn to rebuild.

All three are due to reappear in court in May.
    Another COurt Appearance will happen in May.

Thread Information