Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kelsey Berreth (29) missing from Woodland Park, CO since 11/22/18

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/nurse-miss...opstories.html

A nurse from Twin Falls, Idaho, is expected to plead guilty to at least one charge in connection to the case of missing Colorado mother and flight instructor Kelsey Berreth, ABC News has learned.

Krystal Lee, 32, is scheduled to appear in a Colorado courtroom this week to enter a plea deal with prosecutors, according to two of Lee's relatives who spoke anonymously because the deal hasn't been publicly announced. Family members said Lee has been cooperating with investigators, who have been looking into allegations Lee may have disposed of evidence.

It's not yet clear what charge or charges Lee is expected to plead guilty to, or whether she'd face jail time. Attempts to reach Lee's attorney have been unsuccessful.

https://www.kmov.com/news/nurse-who-...d9cc17c43.html

Nurse who pleaded guilty in missing Colorado mom case feared for her life, friend says

Stein, of Twin Falls, Idaho, told CBS News correspondent Nikki Battiste that Lee had confided in her about her role in covering up Berreth's death.

Lee has known Frazee for 15 years, and the two previously dated. But Stein says it was only recently that Lee discovered Frazee had been engaged to another woman (Berreth), and that the pair had a child together.

When asked if she thought Frazee is a murderer, Stein replied, "Yes. I do. I think he's a very dangerous person."

Battiste asked, "Has Krystal ever said that she's been fearful of him at any point?"

"Yes."

"What did she say?"

"She did tell me that she has never seen that kind of evil in anybody," said Stein.

Berreth, a 29-year-old pilot, vanished on Thanksgiving Day in Colorado, and was last seen in a surveillance video shopping with the one-year-old daughter she and Frazee shared. Investigators say three days later, Berreth's cell phone pinged nearly 600 miles away in Gooding, Idaho, about an hour from Lee's home. Two text messages were sent: one to Berreth's employer, saying she would be away for a week, and another to Frazee.

On Friday, in a court plea, Lee admitted she dumped Berreth's cell phone just two days after Berreth's death. "I had no right or authority to move the victim's cell phone," she said.

Lee also claimed she knew Frazee had already killed Berreth.

Stein believes Lee has "very, very good reasoning for whatever it is she may or may not have done."

"What was the reasoning?" asked Battiste.

"I can't really comment completely, but fear, and legitimate fear."

"That if she didn't comply with Patrick, he might kill her?"

"Yes, that's what I believe," Stein replied.

She says Lee and Frazee, a blacksmith, met after high school at a ranch and bonded over horses. She would not comment on whether the two had a sexual relationship.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/motive-mis...ry?id=61113633

Missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth’s parents —- who are suing Patrick Frazee for the wrongful death of their daughter —- allege in new court documents that Frazee murdered his fianc?e because she refused to give him full custody of their one-year-old daughter Kaylee.

“Upon information and belief, Frazee had motive to kill Kelsey in that he wanted full custody of [Kaylee Berreth] and/or Kelsey to leave [Kaylee Berreth] with him and Kelsey would not agree,” the parents' attorney, Angela Jones, wrote in an amended civil complaint filed Friday in federal court on behalf of plaintiffs Cheryl and Darrell Berreth.
    On December 2, the plaintiffs claim, Cheryl Berreth called Frazee and asked him if everything was “okay”.

Frazee allegedly told Cheryl that he and Kelsey had broken up on Thanksgiving Day and agreed to split custody of their daughter. That same day, Kelsey left Kaylee with Frazee while she “figured out what she was going to do”," according to the phone call documented in the amended complaint.

According to the documents, Frazee told Cheryl Berreth that he met Kelsey on Thanksgiving at a Cracker Barrel restaurant in Colorado Springs.

“We are fully cooperating with the authorities on their investigation at this time,” Cracker Barrel spokeswoman Breeanna Straessle told ABC News late Friday night.

Kelsey also allegedly asked Frazee "for her things back, so he gave Kelsey her keys and her gun," according to the complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    How the fuck do these people think these plans are actually going to work? Ad what the fuck is the thought process?

"Well, I want full custody. Hmm. Should I try the legal way? Nah, that never works. Should I not be a selfish prick and not share custody? No, I'm way better than having to share anything. I got it! I'll commit the worst crime imaginable, obviously no one is going to suspect anything unseemly happened to the mother of my child, and then the court will HAVE to give me sole custody. Sure, they may figure it out that I am who committed the crime and could destroy alot of others peoples lives in the process, but fuck it. I deserve that kid who I love so much that I am going to take away their mother and essentially make it an orphan."

Fuuuuuck.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/20/us/co...zee/index.html

The suspect allegedly killed Berreth by wrapping a sweater around her head and bashing her with the bat. He later burned her body in a water trough, according to testimony at a preliminary hearing in Cripple Creek, west of Colorado Springs.
    He asked Kenney to come and clean up the blood in the victim's home after the attack, and she brought with her a box of latex gloves, a white suit, booties, bleach, two trash bags and a hair net. Frazee even asked her to look for a tooth near a vent, Slater said.
    "You don't know how hard it is to have Thanksgiving dinner after killing her," Kenney recalled Frazee telling her, according to Slater.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/colorado-...g-moms-remains

Colorado police plan to search a landfill for the remains of a woman whose fiance is charged with murdering the mother of his 1-year-old child.

The search of the landfill in Fountain is scheduled to begin Tuesday. The Woodland Park Police cautioned in a written statement that it could take weeks or even months to complete their search for Kelsey Berreth's remains and other evidence.

It was not clear on Friday what led police to search the site, which is about 40 miles from Berreth's home.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/police-end...ry?id=62479085

Investigators from Woodland Park, Colorado, have ended their months-long search of a landfill for the body of missing mom Kelsey Berreth, police said.

No remains and no evidence relating to Berreth's death were found at the Midway Landfill, where police had been scouring for clues since Feb. 25, said Woodland Park police chief Miles DeYoung in a news release.

"This is not the outcome that we hoped for," the chief said Wednesday, "but we knew going into this search that there was a chance we would not locate Kelsey or evidence related to her disappearance."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/14/us/co...ent/index.html

A potential tooth fragment will be tested for DNA evidence in the case of a Colorado man accused of beating to death the mother of his child with a baseball bat, a prosecutor said Friday.

Patrick Frazee, 32, faces murder and other charges in connection with the disappearance of his fianc?e, Kelsey Berreth. She went missing last Thanksgiving Day near Woodland Park, a city between Denver and Colorado Springs. Authorities have said they believe Frazee killed the 29-year-old but her body has not been found.

A state court judge ruled Friday that the "possible tooth fragment," which was "located in the search of the defendant's property," will undergo a consumptive DNA test, prosecutor Jennifer Viehman told reporters outside the court house in Cripple Creek.

Consumptive testing relates to evidence that would be consumed or destroyed in the testing process, Viehman said.

The judge agreed with the prosecution that the testing can move forward according to the policies of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation lab without changes that had been proposed by defense attorneys. An expert for the defense will observe the testing.

Defense lawyers declined comment after the hearing.

Thread Information