Thread: American tourist Carla Stefaniak (36) was murdered in Costa Rica by a security guard at the AirBnB that she was staying at

American tourist Carla Stefaniak (36) was murdered in Costa Rica by a security guard at the AirBnB that she was staying at

https://www.wfla.com/news/hillsborou...ays/1630441852

A Riverview family is desperate to find a loved one who vanished during a birthday trip to Costa Rica.

Carla Stefaniak, 36, of Hallandale Beach, was supposed to fly home on her birthday, Nov. 28, but she never returned.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-17-2022 at 02:38 PM.

I hope they find her. It's really not a good idea to be in a foreign country by yourself imo. Things can be easily covered up and I don't think those countries really give to much of a shit about a missing American. It's like they look for a whole hour or so and then just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post
    I hope they find her. It's really not a good idea to be in a foreign country by yourself imo. Things can be easily covered up and I don't think those countries really give to much of a shit about a missing American. It's like they look for a whole hour or so and then just stop.
    Yep. No one has ever visited the US alone and ended up going missing. Not one time.

Weird. Are they saying the guards deny she ever approached them asking for water? Because that seems a bizarre & unnecessary thing for her to lie to a friend about. I guess they could've questioned the wrong guard about it but at this point the guards sound a little suss

https://www.local10.com/news/body-fo...sappeared-from

Body has been located -- no positive ID yet.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    https://www.local10.com/news/body-fo...sappeared-from

Body has been located -- no positive ID yet.
    Damn, her poor family. Wonder what happened...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Uggh. That sux

Whoa. She was buried out the back of her AirBnB??

Which guard said she never came for water & was instead seen leaving the property with all her belongings at 5am?
    Last edited by blighted star; 12-03-2018 at 02:23 PM.

I knew the 5 am sighting was a lie. I wonder if it as a robbery gone wrong?

I would be scared to be by myself in another country, but that's just me.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

It's not the being in a foreign country that is scary to me, it's the largely unregulated industries like Airbnb, Uber, etc. I'm sure there are plenty of people that think I am just old and out of touch, but based on the horror stories I hear in one of my rental groups (where some of the people rent their homes as Airbnb) all parties involved are really putting themselves at risk. Hell, all the crazy stories we have on MDS should make you think twice about Uber/Lyft.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    It's not the being in a foreign country that is scary to me, it's the largely unregulated industries like Airbnb, Uber, etc. I'm sure there are plenty of people that think I am just old and out of touch, but based on the horror stories I hear in one of my rental groups (where some of the people rent their homes as Airbnb) all parties involved are really putting themselves at risk. Hell, all the crazy stories we have on MDS should make you think twice about Uber/Lyft.
    Definitely agree with you on this. I have a few friends that drive for Uber and Lyft and they haven't had anything suer scary happen yet, but plenty of customers who were real weird and freaked them out. One has even had a couple try to pay her to come back to their place one night for a threesome.

So if it's just this one guy, why did multiple other people on the AirBnB staff back up his story & insist she left with all her belongings at 5am?

The Stefaniak family say they have spoken to the Uber driver, Airbnb host and security guards who all say they saw Carla leaving the Airbnb with her luggage around 5am and getting into an unknown car.

'The Uber driver arrived around 8am to pick up Stefaniak but could not find her,' Gardner said. 'However, her family says the story does not make sense since her flight was not until that afternoon and the airport was only 30 minutes away.'

According to NBC News, Carla had a FaceTime call with a friend and mentioned that she might ask a security guard at the Airbnb to buy her water because of the storm.

She was last seen online on WhatsApp at 8.20pm before her phone died at 9pm. She has not been online or posted since.
    This timeline description is really confusing me

Quote Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
    Yeah me too. It could make sense if the Uber driver wasn't grouped with the ones that saw her leave at 5am.

Unless they're all in on it in some way & they fucked up their cover stories.

Quote Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
    I?m wondering if she felt comfortable with that one Uber driver and that?s why she continued to use that one instead of chancing using a different one...I know when I was in New Orleans I had a few really creepy Uber drivers so once I found a good one, I continued to use the same driver the rest of my trip..I?m wondering if she requested the Uber driver pick her up early bcz the Airbnb was sketchy and she would rather wait at an airport than stay there any longer??

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Poor girl, she endured a vicious attack

I really like services like Uber and AirBnB, but I always choose to ?share? details when I use them. It?s not foolproof, but I guess it does help a bit...

"We reached out to provide support to them during this unimaginably difficult time. We have also been in contact with Costa Rican and American law enforcement authorities, and we are standing by to support their investigation, as justice must be served quickly," Airbnb said. "The Villa Le Mas has been removed from the platform."
    Too little, too late.

https://www.wfla.com/news/hillsborou...d-on-vacation/

A verdict has been reached in the murder trial for the man accused of killing a South Florida woman while on vacation in Costa Rica.

The man accused of killing Carla Stefaniak, Bismark Espinosa Martinez has been sentenced to 16 years in prison for second-degree murder.

16 years is nothing for taking a life...
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    What the fuck. That's all he gets?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    What the fuck. That's all he gets?
    Yeah, I think the sentence on this one is BS!

16 years in a latin american jail is equal to 30 in the US and for a small fee u can orchestrate someones bad time.

Quote Originally Posted by hugh_jaynus View Post
    16 years in a latin american jail is equal to 30 in the US and for a small fee u can orchestrate someones bad time.
    Good point. Still not long enough though.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information