Thread: Brad Hensley (29) was missing for two years before his body was found in a jeep

Brad Hensley (29) was missing for two years before his body was found in a jeep

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2009/02/09/Brad_Hensley_(29)_was_missing_for_two_years_before _his_body_was_found_in_a_jeep_submerged_in_a_pond

Hendricks County authorities have determined the death of Harold "Brad" Hensley was an accident.

Hensley, 29, was the Plainfield man who had disappeared for more than two years before his body was found March 17 at the bottom of a pond near his home.

Deputy Coroner Steve Matthews said Thursday that a death certificate for Hensley has been signed with the cause listed as accidental due to drowning.

Matthews said full X-rays of the remains found no indications Hensley had been shot or stabbed, or any other sign of foul play.

Hensley disappeared early on the morning of Jan. 12, 2006, when neighbors in the Glen Haven subdivision saw him leave home for work. He never arrived at his Far-Eastside Indianapolis job, and police searched without success along his usual route via I-70.

His disappearance remained a mystery until Fire Department searchers and divers found Hensley's Jeep in 20 feet of water in a pond at the end of a cul-de-sac in Glen Haven. His body was found in the mud- and silt-filled vehicle.

Police said at the time that Hensley may have been confused in the early winter morning haze and simply drove his Jeep down the short street and ran through the back of the cul-de-sac and into the deep water.

He may have been under the influence of prescription painkillers, but Matthews said tests couldn't determine whether his ability to drive was impaired by medications. Police previously said Hensley had some recent history of abusing prescription painkillers.

"There were prescription medications found in the contents of his stomach. But there was not enough blood recovered to conduct (toxicology) tests to determine whether there were drugs in his system," Matthews said. "That's one thing we'll never know."
    "It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens."

Re: Brad Hensley (29) was missing for two years before his body was found in a jeep

woah.. there was still enough of the remains to test the stomach for prescription painkillers?? I would think after two years in water there would be nothing but bones... someone correct me if im wrong.

Re: Brad Hensley (29) was missing for two years before his body was found in a jeep

[quote author=erinmichelle link=topic=18575.msg1181155#msg1181155 date=1234322595]
    woah.. there was still enough of the remains to test the stomach for prescription painkillers?? I would think after two years in water there would be nothing but bones... someone correct me if im wrong.
    [/quote]

Bodies on land are more susceptible to animals, insects, heat and will decompose much faster.

Most likely Brad was wearing his seatbelt which is why he wasn't a "floater".  Cold (especially water) slows the process of decomposition.  If the pond wasn't stocked with fish, then there isn't a problem with feeders.  Also, if the jeep was enclosed then he was basically sealed from feeders as well. This would have also prevented him from floating to the surface due to the gases in his body.

This was the type of jeep he had ...

Саша VIIXIVMMIX

Wow!  Two years of not knowing.  I'd be crazy out of my mind.

RIP Brad  :-(

Two years, wow. That is a long time.

So if his jeep was missing too, then maybe people just assumed he took off and was in hiding or something.

I can't believe it took that long to find the car. You think someone would have noticed sooner. How unfortunate.
    Rest in Peace, Eric Smith. You are loved, and you are missed.

god. I wonder how many other poor bastards are sitting in neighbourhood duck ponds as we speak.

Thread Information