Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Karishma Dhanak (20) was found burnt to death on a hiking trail

Karishma Dhanak (20) was found burnt to death on a hiking trail

This one has been on the news here.  A woman was found badly beaten outside her burning home.  Then the burned remains of what turned out to be her husband and 20 year old daughter were found at a nearby park.  There is another daughter, 18, a UCI  student, but she didn't live at home and therefore was unharmed.

Father - Jayprakash "Jay" Dhanak, 56 (deceased)
    Mother - Leela Dhanak, 53 (hospitalized)
    Daughter - Karishma Dhanak, 20, OCC student (deceased)
    Daughter - Shayona Dhanak, 18, UCI student

Karishma's Private Facebook
    Facebook Memorial
    Shayona's Private Facebook

There are no known suspects and no motives, but they believe this crime was committed by at least 2 people.  The father has a 2000 conviction for mail fraud.  This year, the father created the North America Gaming LLC, with the business address listed as their home address in Anaheim Hills, and a Los Angeles address.

1 crime case: 2 fires, 1 beating, 2 bodies
    2nd body found at O.C. fire is identified

http://www.mydeathspace.com/article/2007/05/31/Karishma_Dhanak_(20)_was_found_burnt_to_death_on_a _hiking_trail

Re: Karishma Dhanak (20) was found burnt to death on a hiking trail

weird. I wonder if it was money related.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

Olivia

Someone submitted this and found her myspace - stay tuned for it in the next few days!

http://www.mydeathspace.com/article/2007/05/31/Karishma_Dhanak_(20)_was_found_burnt_to_death_on_a _hiking_trail

This sounds like someone was targeting the family or maybe a robbery gone wrong?  Rip Karishma!!

[quote author=sarabei link=topic=7774.msg387618#msg387618 date=1180563048]

This sounds like someone was targeting the family or maybe a robbery gone wrong?  Rip Karishma!!
    [/quote]

Wow, this was posted fast. And her MySpace was deleted awfully fast, too. Such a sad story. Rest in peace Karishma and Jayprakash.

This happened not far from where I live. It's been on our local news quite a bit lately due to the bizarre and tragic situation. It was indeed, Karishma's father, that was the second burned body. Our local news this morning mentioned that a boyfriend of one of the daughter's (I believe there are two daughters) is a suspect.

Here is an update from our local news:

O.C. Double Murder Suspect Detained
    (AP) ANAHEIM, Calif. Authorities say a 22-year-old Los Angeles man has been detained for questioning in the deaths of a father and daughter whose burned bodies were found last week in Orange County.

Police say Iftekhar Murtaza was taken into custody Friday on a fugitive warrant in Arizona after investigators learned he was planning to leave the United States.

Murtaza was apprehended at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport by the U.S. Marshals Office. Martinez says he's being considered a "person of interest" in the deaths of Jayprakash Dhanak and his 20-year-old daughter Karishma Dhanak.

Several hours before the bodies were found along a hiking trail, the Dhanak family home was set ablaze and mother, Leela, was found unconscious and badly beaten outside.

Police say no charges have been filed.
    With all this talk of thinking outside the box, I am beginning to wonder what's left inside the box. -Me

'Person of interest' held in Anaheim slaying case
    Van Nuys man, who police say knew members of the family, was arrested at a Phoenix airport.

His name is Iftekhar Murtaza.  The radio said he is Shayona's ex-boyfriend.

wow.  thanks for that update.  i'd like to follow this case.  i wonder why the myspace was deleted so quickly.  what a tragedy.  rip karishma

To add to this..the surviving daughter's ex supposedly had trouble with the family due to religious differences, they were Hindu and he is Muslim. Heard this on th news this am.  SO horrible for the family.  RIP.

[quote author=JustGretch link=topic=7774.msg387645#msg387645 date=1180564690]
    Wow, this was posted fast. And her MySpace was deleted awfully fast, too. Such a sad story. Rest in peace Karishma and Jayprakash.

This happened not far from where I live. It's been on our local news quite a bit lately due to the bizarre and tragic situation. It was indeed, Karishma's father, that was the second burned body. Our local news this morning mentioned that a boyfriend of one of the daughter's (I believe there are two daughters) is a suspect.

Here is an update from our local news:

O.C. Double Murder Suspect Detained
    (AP) ANAHEIM, Calif. Authorities say a 22-year-old Los Angeles man has been detained for questioning in the deaths of a father and daughter whose burned bodies were found last week in Orange County.

Police say Iftekhar Murtaza was taken into custody Friday on a fugitive warrant in Arizona after investigators learned he was planning to leave the United States.

Murtaza was apprehended at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport by the U.S. Marshals Office. Martinez says he's being considered a "person of interest" in the deaths of Jayprakash Dhanak and his 20-year-old daughter Karishma Dhanak.

Several hours before the bodies were found along a hiking trail, the Dhanak family home was set ablaze and mother, Leela, was found unconscious and badly beaten outside.

Police say no charges have been filed.
    [/quote]
    The internet is not for the faint of heart, nor the dumb of brain...

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=Simply! link=topic=7774.msg388371#msg388371 date=1180596335]
    To add to this..the surviving daughter's ex supposedly had trouble with the family due to religious differences, they were Hindu and he is Muslim. Heard this on th news this am.  SO horrible for the family.  RIP.
    [/quote]

Wow. I am never amazed by how much religion can separate people.

Can you guys all agree on one imaginary friend to worship so us sane people can deal with real issues? 
    Just a thought. kthxbai.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=7774.msg388379#msg388379 date=1180597736]

Can you guys all agree on one imaginary friend to worship so us sane people can deal with real issues? 
    Just a thought. kthxbai.
    [/quote]

"Man is a Religious Animal. Man is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion -- several of them.He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn't straight.  He has made a graveyard of the globe in trying his honest best to smooth his brother's path to happiness and heaven.... The higher animals have no religion. And we are told that they are going to be left out in the Hereafter. I wonder why? It seems questionable taste."    --Samuel Clemens

The world is a less beautiful place without the beautiful Krishma.

either the daughter or the father were the targets of this attack.  if the mother was... i dont think she'd have been found alive.

i'm wondering if it is a religious thing or a personal realtionship kind of thing?
    but i knew, either way, it would be turned into a religious kind of thing. 
    You took my breath away... by strangulation.

[quote author=wailinkyrie link=topic=7774.msg388743#msg388743 date=1180627963]
    either the daughter or the father were the targets of this attack.  if the mother was... i dont think she'd have been found alive.

i'm wondering if it is a religious thing or a personal realtionship kind of thing?
    but i knew, either way, it would be turned into a religious kind of thing. 
    [/quote]
    What would turn into a religious thing?
    The thread?

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=7774.msg388777#msg388777 date=1180629182]
    What would turn into a religious thing?
    The thread?
    [/quote]

Careful Ron, she's a biter. :lol: 

It's also been reported that the father had been jailed not too long ago.  I think it was some type of fraud issue that landed his butt in jail.
    I don't enter into mental warfare with morons.  It's immoral and unethical.  They have no ammunition.  AIDA convention regulations, article VII, Paragraph XII  

[quote author=jesserz44 link=topic=7774.msg388820#msg388820 date=1180631871]
    Careful Ron, she's a biter. :lol: 
    [/quote]
    Bah. She's a runner! Gone already.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=7774.msg388831#msg388831 date=1180632253]
    Bah. She's a runner! Gone already.
    [/quote]

Probably ran to pray for your soul :lol:

I don't get her sig  :?
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=jesserz44 link=topic=7774.msg388835#msg388835 date=1180632471]
    Probably ran to pray for your soul :lol:
    [/quote]No! She's not one of those, is she?!? 

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=7774.msg388889#msg388889 date=1180633718]
    No! She's not one of those, is she?!? 
    [/quote]

Not necessarily -- but always up for a fight!!  Arm your smurfs!

Wow, I think I even remember seeing a fire from off the 91 freeway around this time. I haven't seen this story on the news thanks to my lack of watching TV but this is quite interesting. I live in Riverside and I go out that way quite often to visit my Grandmother in Orange County

Not that this is related but there was also a similar story in Twin Pines where fire fighters responded to a house fire and found two bodies burnt inside and one outside in a wheel barrel, they identified the girl that was on the wheel barrel as the daughter living there and they believed the boides inside were the parents. They said there was signs of foul play and the fire was intentional. It's almost alike!? I'm trying to find an article but it seems pretty cleared out.

I hope they find who did it, I don't think it would be an ex b/f!?! But who knows.

<br />Kitty loves MDS.

Hopefully the mother will be able to give the cops some information that will lead them to the killers.
    [quote author=Olivia link=topic=7606.msg1221694#msg1221694 date=1237710360]<br /> She is in the death queue.<br />[/quote]<br />You got me all wrong.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=7774.msg388379#msg388379 date=1180597736]

Can you guys all agree on one imaginary friend to worship so us sane people can deal with real issues?&nbsp;
    Just a thought. kthxbai.
    [/quote]
    Srsly.

What is with people setting bodies on fire?&nbsp; Whatever happened to good, old-fashioned cement shoes and a body of water?&nbsp; I hope the mom makes it through...&nbsp;

I'm trying to understand why the house was set on fire without the mother inside. Did they set fire to the house to cover up other evidence, like the cause for all this? Otherwise setting up a smoke signal for your crime seems odd, seems like it would draw attention to the crime scene sooner then a criminal would want.

Them taking the father AND the daughter to kill somewhere else seems odd too. It seems as if they wanted information from them.

I don't know. I'm just asking questions....

Do you guys keep up with these stories? I'm very curious as to find out what turns up from all of this.

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=7606.msg1221694#msg1221694 date=1237710360]<br /> She is in the death queue.<br />[/quote]<br />You got me all wrong.

I'll try to find more info, but i'm very retarded when it comes to searches.
    <br />Kitty loves MDS.

The boyfriend/person of interest, private:
    http://www.friendster.com/4807705

From CBS2 - Extradition Hearing Scheduled In O.C. Slayings

(AP) ANAHEIM, Calif. An extradition hearing is scheduled Thursday in Phoenix for a man held for questioning in the murder of an Orange County father and daughter.

Police say Iftekhar Murtaza, 22, has not been charged with a crime but is considered a &quot;person of interest&quot; in the deaths of Jayprakash Dhanak and his daughter, Karishma.

Their burned bodies were found just hours after the family's Anaheim Hills home was set on fire and Karishma's mother was found badly beaten and unconscious outside. She is expected to recover.

Murtaza was arrested on a fugitive warrant Saturday in Phoenix and is being held without bail. An extradition hearing is scheduled for Friday.

Court documents indicate Murtaza was upset with the family because they broke off his relationship with another daughter for religious reasons.
    With all this talk of thinking outside the box, I am beginning to wonder what&#039;s left inside the box. -Me

Thread Information