Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gregory Ramos (15) strangled his Mom, Gail Cleavenger (46), and had friends stage a burglary and dump her body in a fire pit

Gregory Ramos (15) strangled his Mom, Gail Cleavenger (46), and had friends stage a burglary and dump her body in a fire pit

https://www.wesh.com/article/teen-ki...s-say/24592122

Officials with the Volusia County Sheriff?s Office said 15-year-old Gregory Ramos confessed to killing 46-year-old Gail Cleavenger by strangling her at the family?s home on Alicante Road late Thursday.

Volusia County Sheriff Mike Chitwood said the murder appears to have stemmed from an argument the boy had with his mother over grades on Thursday night.

"This was methodical. I mean his own words were it took thirty minutes to kill his mother," Sheriff Mike Chitwood said.

Deputies said he then used a wheelbarrow to load her into her van and buried her beneath a fire pit at River City Church on East Highbanks Road early Friday.

Friends and neighbors knew Cleavenger as a kind, caring wife, mom and friend.

"I just started crying you know, I can't imagine getting that call, her husband...." Lynn Hackett said. "I'm gonna miss her, and I think it's a terrible tragedy."

Ramos told told detectives he enlisted the help of two friends to stage a burglary scene at the family?s house.

Both friends, who are also juveniles, are in custody and facing charges, deputies said.

Ramos reported the burglary to deputies on Friday afternoon and said his mom was missing and her van was still running in the driveway.

Deputies said he later confessed to the murder of his mother and implicated his friends.

Those same friends helped lead detectives to the fire pit where Cleavenger?s body was found early Saturday morning. Officials said the fire pit was a place the three friends often met.

"They would hang back at this fire pit so it was a very well-known place for them, a place they felt comfortable coming to," Chitwood said. "It's heartbreaking to sit down with the family, because the family has lost everything."

Deputies said they recovered items removed from the home during the staged burglary.

Chitwood said the teen at the center of the case is one of the least remorseful accused killers he's ever seen in his career in law enforcement.

"He was a soulless individual who thought he was the smartest person in the room," Chitwood said. "He also stated to us, he believes he deserved a Grammy for the way he performed with the 911 call."
    https://www.wftv.com/news/local/15-y...-say/865720801

According to investigators, Ramos and his mother got into a fight when she asked him about a D he got in a class after he came home from a police explorers event at the Volusia County Fairgrounds on Thursday evening.

Investigators said Ramos ran to his room, coming out around midnight to go to his mother's room and strangle her with his hands until he believed she died.

Ramos went out back behind his house to retrieve a wheelbarrow, investigators said, before coming back inside and finding that his mother had not died.

He told investigators he then strangled her for about 30 minutes until she died, according to Sheriff Mike Chitwood.

Investigators said Ramos dragged his mother's body out of the house into the wheelbarrow before loading her into the family's car and driving toward the Daytona Beach area.

During his drive, he decided to head back home to retrieve a shovel and call two friends, who helped him stow electronics for the cover story that the house had been burglarized, investigators said.

He and his two friends then buried Gail Cleavenger's body and went to a Circle K to get a soda, according to Chitwood.

According to investigators, Ramos went to school the next day and called 911 to report a burglary after returning home. Investigators said he also told law enforcement his mom was missing and her van was still running in the driveway.

According to the sheriff?s office, details of his story weren't adding up to detectives, and Ramos later confessed to killing his mother and implicated his friends under questioning.

During questioning, Ramos told a detective that he'd wanted to be a homicide detective, according to investigators.
    Once again, I stand my my prior statements that teenagers are the devil. Don't turn your back on them.

Uh oh. I'm surrounded

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Uh oh. I'm surrounded
    Better lock your door at night!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...id=mailsignout

Chitwood said the boy admitted killing his mother as she was sleeping. No one else was home. The father was in Seattle on business.
    Ugh, can you imagine going away on business and coming back to find your wife dead and your kid in jail for killing her?

I can't imagine strangling someone for 30 minutes. One would think at some point the thought that this may be a bad idea would cross his mind.
    Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

Oh shit, I assumed it was just the 2 of them.

Now it reminds me a little of Jamie Silvonek, who by the way, is having a wonderful time getting herself published as "the voice of a precocious - but very contrite & reformed - juvenile criminal".

She still irks me. A lot.

https://www.news-journalonline.com/n...main-locked-up

The DeBary teenager accused of strangling his mother to death because of an argument over school grades will remain in detention, a judge ruled Sunday.

Gregory Ramos, 15, a University High School student, accompanied by the two friends Volusia County Sheriff Mike Chitwood said he recruited to help him conceal the crime, appeared before Volusia County Judge Angela Dempsey on Sunday morning where Ramos’ charges were announced to him.

Ramos is charged with first-degree premeditated murder in the death of his mother, Gail Cleavenger, 46, at their home at 35 Alicante Road.

The two accused of being Ramos’ accomplices — Dylan Ceglarek, 17, and Brian Porras, 17 — also students at the same high school in Orange City, were released and placed in home detention but ordered to wear ankle monitors.

Gail's FB:https://www.facebook.com/gail.gorets...4t3Y&tn-str=*F

This is Gail and the son that killed her:

What a little bastard

That he is.

Check out the fire pit he buried her in. I was expecting a disused garbage pit hidden out the back of the property or something, but it's a bbq/social area ffs. & she was only 8-10 inches below the surface!

Imagine if he hadn't got busted right away & the church decided to light it up & have a family friendly marshmallow roast over her body

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...action_generic
    Attached Images Attached Images

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

His Facebook bio:

Hey I'm Greg. Im a raging conservative with a passion for debate. Im 14 and go to University High.
    And his top post is a pick of him at Trump Tower to which his grandma, I believe, posts "That's great!".

So, yep. He's just another weird little Nazi, in my eyes. Angriest people on the plant, those Trump supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Woo. Grandma posts:

Cathy Williams Goretsky: Just please everyone, pray for my grandson. I'm sure he is feeling alone and frightened.
    Um, no. Fuck that shit.

https://www.facebook.com/CathyWilliamsGoretsky

It's comments under her profile picture.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    Woo. Grandma posts:

Um, no. Fuck that shit.

https://www.facebook.com/CathyWilliamsGoretsky

It's comments under her profile picture.
    Well her grandson is a sociopath so...

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    That he is.

Check out the fire pit he buried her in. I was expecting a disused garbage pit hidden out the back of the property or something, but it's a bbq/social area ffs. & she was only 8-10 inches below the surface!

Imagine if he hadn't got busted right away & the church decided to light it up & have a family friendly marshmallow roast over her body

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...action_generic
    Yeah, it's about 1/2 a mile down the road, at a really fancy church that was rebuilt about 8 years ago after lightning hit it. I drove by there yesterday and there's a big memorial out front. I believe the fire pit is at the back of the church.

Of course he's a Trump supporter.....there was never any doubt in my mind.

God is trying to send a message to that church. First he destroys it with lightning, they ignore him & rebuild in the place that so displeased him.

So now he sends them a murderous kid with a dead body to ruin their community BBQ pit.

Will they listen this time ...?

I would like to believe if a friend of my two teenage sons asked them to help them cover up the murder of their mother they would tell them fuck no and call the cops. Wtf is wrong with people?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    His Facebook bio:

And his top post is a pick of him at Trump Tower to which his grandma, I believe, posts "That's great!".

So, yep. He's just another weird little Nazi, in my eyes. Angriest people on the plant, those Trump supporters.
    He’s even got Trump’s creepy smug smile and mantits. Maybe the boy is a Trump bastard in more ways than one.

Good.

https://www.news-journalonline.com/n...-in-adult-jail

Gregory Ramos, accused in DeBary mom’s killing, held in adult jail

Gregory Ramos, the 15-year-old University High School student accused of killing his mother after an argument over a poor grade, was ordered held in adult jail without bail and also told by a judge to stop trying to call his stepfather.

Ramos will be tried as an adult after he was indicted by a grand jury on Thursday on charges of first-degree premeditated murder, abuse of a dead body and tampering with a crime scene.
    Ramos’ two friends, Dylan Ceglarek, 17, and Brian Porras, 17, also had their first appearance after each were charged on Thursday as adults with accessory after the fact to first-degree premeditated murder.

The three teenagers wore orange jail jumpsuits and hand shackles as they stood in the small jail courtroom. Ramos did not show any emotion or grief during the hearing. That was not the case for Ceglarek who frowned and appeared on the verge of sobs when he realized that he would not get a chance to leave jail.
    Assistant State Attorney Tammy Jaques said during Ramos’ first appearance earlier Friday afternoon in the Branch Jail courtroom that while in custody Ramos had repeatedly called his stepfather Danny Cleavenger.

“There needs to be no contact between Mr. Ramos and the husband of the deceased,” Jaques said.

Assistant Public Defender Matt Phillips briefly consulted with Ramos and then said that they had no objection to the request and that the contact issue could be addressed at a later time. Nichols ordered Ramos to have no contact with his stepfather.

Ramos’ next court date is an arraignment on Dec. 6 before Circuit Judge Kathryn Weston.

Jaques asked that Porras and Ceglarek be held without bond. But if the judge was going to set a bond then she asked that it be $200,000.
    I wonder what he's trying to contact the step-father for?
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-25-2018 at 10:44 AM.

https://www.wptv.com/news/state/greg...ot-guilty-plea

An attorney entered a not guilty plea on behalf of a 15-year-old accused of killing his mother during an argument over bad grades.

The Daytona Beach News-Journal reports Gregory Ramos appeared surprised in court Thursday when Assistant Public Defender Matt Phillips enter the pleas during a hearing. Ramos is charged as an adult with first-degree premeditated murder, abuse of a dead body and tampering with a crime scene in the strangling of 46-year-old Gail Cleavenger on Nov. 2.
    https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/...ads-not-guilty

Gregory Ramos of DeBary also pleaded not guilty to the two other charges he faces — tampering with a crime scene and abuse of a dead body — during a hearing at the Volusia County Courthouse.

Anyone want to rent a murder house?

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...ct/11_zm/1_fr/

Why Ramos' aunt would want him is beyond me. I kind of feel a little sorry for Ceglarek, but Ramos seems like a total fucking psychopath.

https://www.beacononlinenews.com/new...58640cec9.html

Dylan Ceglarek is an anomaly among the three boys accused of involvement in the death by strangulation of 46-year-old DeBary resident Gail Cleavenger in November 2018.

Unlike his co-defendant who faces the same charges, Ceglarek has remained in jail. At a Sept. 20 hearing, Circuit Judge Sandra C. Upchurch, with some reservations, set bond at $200,000, but so far, it hasn’t been posted.

Gregory Ramos was 15 when his mother was killed. He is accused of strangling her and remains in jail without bond. Ceglarek and a third boy, Brian Porras, are charged with helping Ramos cover up a first-degree murder.

The homicide was stunning. Police said after killing his mother in a brutal fashion the night of Nov. 1 after an argument over his grades, Ramos concocted an elaborate lie to cover it up. Officers said Ramos left school early the next day with Celgarek and Porras, who were both almost 18 years old at the time, and the trio staged a robbery scene at Ramos’ home.

Less than 12 hours later, their story began to unravel in the face of a Volusia County Sheriff’s Office investigation. Deputies said they almost immediately detected inconsistencies.

Ceglarek, then 17, ultimately confessed that night after questioning, the Sheriff’s Office said. According to the charging affidavit, Ceglarek led officers to property hidden as part of the fake robbery, and to the fire pit behind a DeBary church where Cleavenger’s body was buried.

His confession was used to confront Ramos, who told detectives that he had killed his mother, the affidavit reads.

The boys were initially charged as juveniles, and they were briefly released into the custody of their families.

But a grand jury was convened, and the three were charged as adults. Ramos was charged with first-degree murder, and Ceglarek and Porras were charged as accessories after the fact.

At the trio’s first appearance as adults Nov. 16, Judge Dawn Nichols set a $100,000 bond for Porras, and he went home that day after spending one night as an adult in jail. But Celgarek was deemed to be at too high a risk for bond because of a history of mental-health problems.

According to the State Attorney’s Office in that hearing, Ceglarek had expressed suicidal ideation to officers on the evening the crime was discovered. The state attorney also referred to Ceglarek’s mental-health history.

Nichols insisted that Ceglarek have a mental-health plan before she would set bond.

“I’ll be real honest — I’m worried about you,” she told Ceglarek. “I don’t want to lose you.”

Ten months later, public defender Michael Nappi argued at the Sept. 20 hearing that Ceglarek should be granted bond.

Nappi noted Ceglarek has been transferred four times from correctional facility to correctional facility.

Like the others, he was originally in a juvenile facility, but Ceglarek was transferred to Gainesville to prevent contact with the other co-defendants, Nappi said. Since then, he was transferred from the Volusia Branch Jail to a smaller 20-bed facility due to threats from other inmates, before being transferred back to the Branch Jail.

The transfers have impeded Ceglarek’s ability to pursue a high-school diploma, Nappi said, as books and other materials were lost during the moves.

As the case winds its way through the system, Ceglarek’s family has been less involved than the families of Porras and Ramos.

Ramos’ grandmother posts on social media about visiting Gregory weekly in jail. Ramos is estranged from his father, but his aunt, Gail Cleavenger’s sister, has petitioned for custody.

Porras’ family support system was one of the arguments that won him bond, and, since his release, the conditions of his bond have been modified to allow travel to Seminole County for work. His family was able to immediately muster $10,000, the 10th of the total amount required to secure a bond in Florida. His family was also able to hire a private attorney.

Ceglarek, on the other hand, was staying with his grandparents at the time of his arrest, but they have since moved to a 55-and-up community where he would not be allowed to live. His father and brother both have criminal records and, if out on bond, Ceglarek would be prohibited from having contact with either of them.

Although his mother attended the Sept. 20 hearing, after the grand jury announced in 2018 that Ceglarek would be tried as an adult, no member of his family was present at the bond hearing that followed. His defense attorney, a public defender, was unaware of that hearing and telephoned in only after being summoned by Judge Nichols.

Unlike the others, Ceglarek had been failing every subject in school except for an A in math, according to the State Attorney’s Office.

Months before Cleavenger’s death, Ceglarek had checked himself into Halifax Health Medical Center, an event the State Attorney’s Office cited at both bond hearings in arguing that Ceglarek shouldn’t get bond. According to Nappi, however, Ceglarek was released without counseling or treatment.

According to the State Attorney’s Office, Ceglarek had not received any mental-health treatment until he was in the prison system.

After 309 days in jail, Ceglarek was up for bond again. Judge Upchurch addressed the teen directly.

“I think things are going to be very rough for you, sir. I hope you have that strength,” she said.

Upchurch, who hears drug-court cases as well as criminal cases, spoke briefly about mental health.

“Every single person … has a psychological problem,” she said. “None of which anyone should be ashamed of. There’s no shame in that. The shame is not accepting it; the shame is not addressing it.”

The lack of mental-health services outside of jail was a concern for the court and the attorneys.

“There are no mental-health services for adults in Volusia County,” Nappi said.

“I am well aware of the lack of services,” Upchurch responded.

As part of the special conditions of Ceglarek’s bond, if he is able to muster the $20,000 required to get out of jail, he will be required to see a psychiatrist and complete any recommended treatment.

Why Ramos' aunt would want him is beyond me. I kind of feel a little sorry for Ceglarek, but Ramos seems like a total fucking psychopath.

https://www.beacononlinenews.com/new...58640cec9.html

Dylan Ceglarek is an anomaly among the three boys accused of involvement in the death by strangulation of 46-year-old DeBary resident Gail Cleavenger in November 2018.

Unlike his co-defendant who faces the same charges, Ceglarek has remained in jail. At a Sept. 20 hearing, Circuit Judge Sandra C. Upchurch, with some reservations, set bond at $200,000, but so far, it hasn?t been posted.

Gregory Ramos was 15 when his mother was killed. He is accused of strangling her and remains in jail without bond. Ceglarek and a third boy, Brian Porras, are charged with helping Ramos cover up a first-degree murder.

The homicide was stunning. Police said after killing his mother in a brutal fashion the night of Nov. 1 after an argument over his grades, Ramos concocted an elaborate lie to cover it up. Officers said Ramos left school early the next day with Celgarek and Porras, who were both almost 18 years old at the time, and the trio staged a robbery scene at Ramos? home.

Less than 12 hours later, their story began to unravel in the face of a Volusia County Sheriff?s Office investigation. Deputies said they almost immediately detected inconsistencies.

Ceglarek, then 17, ultimately confessed that night after questioning, the Sheriff?s Office said. According to the charging affidavit, Ceglarek led officers to property hidden as part of the fake robbery, and to the fire pit behind a DeBary church where Cleavenger?s body was buried.

His confession was used to confront Ramos, who told detectives that he had killed his mother, the affidavit reads.

The boys were initially charged as juveniles, and they were briefly released into the custody of their families.

But a grand jury was convened, and the three were charged as adults. Ramos was charged with first-degree murder, and Ceglarek and Porras were charged as accessories after the fact.

At the trio?s first appearance as adults Nov. 16, Judge Dawn Nichols set a $100,000 bond for Porras, and he went home that day after spending one night as an adult in jail. But Celgarek was deemed to be at too high a risk for bond because of a history of mental-health problems.

According to the State Attorney?s Office in that hearing, Ceglarek had expressed suicidal ideation to officers on the evening the crime was discovered. The state attorney also referred to Ceglarek?s mental-health history.

Nichols insisted that Ceglarek have a mental-health plan before she would set bond.

?I?ll be real honest ? I?m worried about you,? she told Ceglarek. ?I don?t want to lose you.?

Ten months later, public defender Michael Nappi argued at the Sept. 20 hearing that Ceglarek should be granted bond.

Nappi noted Ceglarek has been transferred four times from correctional facility to correctional facility.

Like the others, he was originally in a juvenile facility, but Ceglarek was transferred to Gainesville to prevent contact with the other co-defendants, Nappi said. Since then, he was transferred from the Volusia Branch Jail to a smaller 20-bed facility due to threats from other inmates, before being transferred back to the Branch Jail.

The transfers have impeded Ceglarek?s ability to pursue a high-school diploma, Nappi said, as books and other materials were lost during the moves.

As the case winds its way through the system, Ceglarek?s family has been less involved than the families of Porras and Ramos.

Ramos? grandmother posts on social media about visiting Gregory weekly in jail. Ramos is estranged from his father, but his aunt, Gail Cleavenger?s sister, has petitioned for custody.

Porras? family support system was one of the arguments that won him bond, and, since his release, the conditions of his bond have been modified to allow travel to Seminole County for work. His family was able to immediately muster $10,000, the 10th of the total amount required to secure a bond in Florida. His family was also able to hire a private attorney.

Ceglarek, on the other hand, was staying with his grandparents at the time of his arrest, but they have since moved to a 55-and-up community where he would not be allowed to live. His father and brother both have criminal records and, if out on bond, Ceglarek would be prohibited from having contact with either of them.

Although his mother attended the Sept. 20 hearing, after the grand jury announced in 2018 that Ceglarek would be tried as an adult, no member of his family was present at the bond hearing that followed. His defense attorney, a public defender, was unaware of that hearing and telephoned in only after being summoned by Judge Nichols.

Unlike the others, Ceglarek had been failing every subject in school except for an A in math, according to the State Attorney?s Office.

Months before Cleavenger?s death, Ceglarek had checked himself into Halifax Health Medical Center, an event the State Attorney?s Office cited at both bond hearings in arguing that Ceglarek shouldn?t get bond. According to Nappi, however, Ceglarek was released without counseling or treatment.

According to the State Attorney?s Office, Ceglarek had not received any mental-health treatment until he was in the prison system.

After 309 days in jail, Ceglarek was up for bond again. Judge Upchurch addressed the teen directly.

?I think things are going to be very rough for you, sir. I hope you have that strength,? she said.

Upchurch, who hears drug-court cases as well as criminal cases, spoke briefly about mental health.

?Every single person ? has a psychological problem,? she said. ?None of which anyone should be ashamed of. There?s no shame in that. The shame is not accepting it; the shame is not addressing it.?

The lack of mental-health services outside of jail was a concern for the court and the attorneys.

?There are no mental-health services for adults in Volusia County,? Nappi said.

?I am well aware of the lack of services,? Upchurch responded.

As part of the special conditions of Ceglarek?s bond, if he is able to muster the $20,000 required to get out of jail, he will be required to see a psychiatrist and complete any recommended treatment.

Any news on his trial?

Quote Originally Posted by SplatterTheHouse View Post
    Any news on his trial?
    On my cell.
    Trial starts August 10, 2020.
    https://debarylife.com/gregory-ramos...d-for-release/
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

This is one of my fears.
    My son murdering me.
    I hope I raise him right and it doesn't happen, but man, peer pressure.
    I guess Gail remained unconscious after the first time he strangled her and that's why she didn't call 911?!
    R.i.p. Gail. I'm sorry your chubby cheeked baby turned out to be a sociopath.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

Thread Information