Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alyssa Shepherd (24) passed a school bus illegally and killed three children from the same family with her truck

Alyssa Shepherd (24) passed a school bus illegally and killed three children from the same family with her truck

Three siblings were hit and killed by a pickup truck while boarding a school bus early Tuesday morning in Fulton County.

The driver of the truck, 24-year-old Alyssa Shepherd of rural Rochester, was arrested Tuesday afternoon. She has been charged with three counts of reckless homicide and one count of passing a school bus with its safety arm extended and causing injury.

Shepherd was being held in the Fulton County Jail on $15,000 bond.

The crash happened at around 7:15 a.m. in the 4660 block of Indiana 25.

The three children who died are from the same family. They have been identified as 6-year-old twin boys Xzavier Ingle and Mason Ingle and their 9-year-old sister, Alivia Stahl.

A fourth child was injured and airlifted to a Fort Wayne hospital. He was identified as 11-year-old Maverik Lowe. He suffered multiple broken bones and injuries. Police say he was conscious at the hospital and is not related to the other children who were hit.

Police have confirmed the children were boarding the bus, and the stop-arm was out at the time. A 2017 Toyota Tacoma headed the opposite direction hit the children.

At least three kids were on the bus at the time.

The area where the crash happened is in the Tippecanoe Valley School Corporation. Police confirm the deceased siblings attended Mentone Elementary School in nearby Kosciusko County.

The Tippecanoe Valley School Corporation released the below statement following the crash:

Our school corporation has suffered a tragedy this morning. We have learned of three student fatalities and one student seriously injured and airlifted to a Fort Wayne hospital as they were hit by a vehicle while boarding their bus.

We have deployed all school counselors to meet the emotional needs of our staff, students and parents.

We are awaiting to learn more confirmed details but wish to ask the community to come together to pray for the families, our students and our staff.

Indiana Gov. Eric J. Holcomb released the following statement early Tuesday afternoon:

Words cannot express the depth of sorrow Janet and I feel, which only pales in comparison to what family, friends, teachers, classmates and community are feeling right now. Today, and for many more to come, we mourn their loss. I ask Hoosiers around the state to join us by sending your deepest prayers for the strength needed to endure such a time.

A neighbor who did not want to be identified reports hearing the bus horn Tuesday morning. After her dogs began acting oddly, she walked outside to see what happened.

"I walked up to one of tenants in the trailer park. And I asked, 'What happened?' I turned my phone off right away because I didn't...I didn't want to videotape that. Three -- I'm not going to say her name -- three of her kids were killed instantly," the neighbor said.

The neighbor believes speeding is a major issue on her stretch of Indiana 25. She said her son was hit in the past while pulling into the driveway.

"Hopefully, (today's crash) has some kind of positive outcome to get this slowed down here because this is crazy," she said. "This is crazy that three kids had to die. It shouldn't have happened."

https://www.wndu.com/content/news/At...499002391.html

This was her FB but it's been removed

https://www.facebook.com/alyssa.clevenger.3

This is fucking awful

Last edited by blighted star; 10-30-2018 at 04:20 PM.

I wonder if she sped up to try to beat the arm/stop sign from coming down. I've seen idiots do that

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Fuck this bitch!!! I really have no words for this cunt waffle. Her bond should be much much higher and I hope she never gets out of prison! Dumb bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I wonder if she sped up to try to beat the arm/stop sign from coming down. I've seen idiots do that
    Too bad, she didn't try to beat a train. This dumb bitch deserves a Darwin Award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

I can't fathom the horror the parent must be going through.....

https://www.southbendtribune.com/new...3cb952adc.html

"Children's Director"

http://faithoutreach.cc/staff/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Holy shit. I just cannot with this one. I cannot. The horror it strikes in my heart is palpable. Fuck her. I hope she rots forever.

Poor babies. Poor family. I wish them all peace.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    "Children's Director"

http://faithoutreach.cc/staff/

Probably not much longer!

I am so glad our school district has strict rules about not allowing children to cross the street to get on/off the bus unless they're in a subdivision or there's a crosswalk. We live on a busy residential road that folks use as a cut-through between two main roads. The speed limit is 35 mph, but people fly through here like crazy. The bus picks up my son at the end of our driveway, goes up the street to a subdivision, then comes back and picks up the little girl directly across the street from us. I would not want either of them to have to cross our road ever, especially in the dark in the morning.

Just awful. I can't even imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Jfc, the state of her truck! How fast was she taking those bends?

Also, I'm kind of shocked that kids are going to school in the dark. I didn't realise that was a common thing.

So I was wondering, the warning sign that U.S school buses put out when kids are getting on/off - are they illuminated for the school runs that are done in the dark?

Also, I'm kind of shocked that kids are going to school in the dark. I didn't realise that was a common thing.

So I was wondering, the warning sign that U.S school buses put out when kids are getting on/off - are they illuminated for the school runs that are done in the dark?
    The ones around here are all lit when it's dark outside.

She must have been going really fast, which supports my original theory that car is totaled.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Yep, it's completely dark when the bus picks my kid up at 6:44 a.m. After the time change next weekend, it will be light in the morning.

Our school buses are lit up like Christmas trees even when they're not stopped to pick up kids. When they stop, the lights flash, the stop sign flashes ... it's quite obvious.
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Is that her mugshot? I would think she would look a mess, like a tortured soul. We all react differently but she was probably just impatient and will get less punishment than she deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    Yep, it's completely dark when the bus picks my kid up at 6:44 a.m. After the time change next weekend, it will be light in the morning.

Our school buses are lit up like Christmas trees even when they're not stopped to pick up kids. When they stop, the lights flash, the stop sign flashes ... it's quite obvious.
    Thanks, that makes it even more ridiculous that she claims she didn't know what she was seeing

All these cunty people have been defending her on FB. Claiming she'd just picked up her young daughters & sister because she'd got a call her dad just had a massive heart attack & they were rushing to be by his bedside

All lies apparently. There was also another driver right behind her who saw everything unfold. That driver must feel sick to her fucking stomach, all the witnesses must

https://wsbt.com/news/local/driver-w...RQIJJc-NU9NvkA

Driver who hit and killed 3 children told police "the kids were right in front of her"

by Brooke O'Daniel, WSBT 22 Reporter

Thursday, November 1st 2018

There are more developments late this afternoon in a deadly crash that killed three children at their bus stop.

Tippecanoe Valley Schools will change the bus stop on State Road 25 tomorrow, moving it into the Meiser Park neighborhood.

The prosecutor in the case of Alyssa Shepherd told our reporter that for the current charges the most Shepherd can receive is 19 years. She's set to appear in court Nov. 13. The prosecutor declined to go on camera, but did say this is an ?unbelievable tragedy.?

We're also hearing for the first time what the woman who's accused of killing the children told investigators right after the accident.

We?ve been listening to the court testimony that led to charges against 24-year-old Alyssa Shepherd. We received the oral recording of the initial hearing held Tuesday.

The testimonies are hard to listen to.

Detectives spoke with three individuals: the driver of the truck, Shepherd, the driver of the school bus, and the person driving behind Shepherd.

Shepherd told police that she had dropped her husband off at work and had three children in the backseat of her car.

She told investigators she does not know how fast she was going, but said she typically is a slow driver, and that she wasn't in a hurry to get anywhere. She said she was on her way to drop her brother off at her mom's house, so he could get changed and go to school.

The detective testified that she said, "She came around that corner, she saw there was something with lights. She just knew there was something big and had lights. She did not recognize it immediately as a school bus. She said she was trying to figure out what it was."

She told officers she knows she dimmed her lights, because it had headlights but, "she couldn't make out what it was."

The detective went on to testify that, "By the time she realized, the kids were right there in front of her."

Another witness who was driving behind Shepherd's truck told officers she saw the bus clearly.

The detective testified that she said, "She came around a corner and could tell there was a bus stop with all of its lights activated."

She said she started to slow down and realized the car in front of her -- or the truck in front of her, rather -- was not slowing down.

She said that the truck?s headlights illuminated the children as they were crossing the road. She said she began to freak out, because she realized she was slowing down but that truck in front was not slowing down and not stopping.

The judge clarified that the witness driving behind Shepherd could unequivocally see the bus when she came around the corner.

The detective confirmed that and said, "Yes" and "She could clearly see it was a school bus."

The bus driver, Robert Reid, told investigators that he had driven this route for a couple of years.

He told the detectives he always made sure no vehicles were coming and then would wave the kids across the street. He told police he did see a vehicle "in the distance quite a ways away" but told the detective he "didn't have any reason to think they would blow the stop."

He told officers he went ahead and waved the kids across, but as they were crossing, he realized that vehicle was not stopping. He said at the last second, he "hit his horn but there was nothing he could do."

The detective testified that the bus driver, a box truck driver behind the bus, and the woman driving a vehicle behind Shepherd all testified that the bus lights were on and the stop arm was activated.

Right now, Shepherd is being charged with three counts of reckless homicide and one count of passing a school bus when arm signal device is extended causing bodily injury.

The Fulton County Prosecutor Richard Brown says those charges carry a maximum sentence of 19 years.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Fuck this bitch!!! I really have no words for this cunt waffle. Her bond should be much much higher and I hope she never gets out of prison! Dumb bitch!

Too bad, she didn't try to beat a train. This dumb bitch deserves a Darwin Award.
    I believe you're confused about what the Darwin Awards are for.

This chick must have been going pretty fast to do that much damage to her truck from hitting three small kids.
    Last edited by Jumaki15; 10-31-2018 at 10:52 PM.

Not defending her but from the comments I?ve read on Facebook she had just received news her father had a heart attack and she was rushing to get to him along with her sister and two kids (I?ve read conflicting stories that the 2 kids were hers and that they were her sister?s kids idk). It was dark and around a bend and she thought the bus lights were a slow tractor she could pass. Not excusing her behavior just giving some background to why she was speeding. I?ve also read numerous comments saying people have complained about that bus pick up spot being dangerous. I don?t know what?s true this is just what I have read on Facebook and Reddit.

Tragic all around. I cannot imagine the mother?s pain.

the bus lights being a tractor are a load of shit.
    they are nothing alike
    probably just a friend coming up with bullshit excuses for her

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    Not defending her but from the comments I?ve read on Facebook she had just received news her father had a heart attack and she was rushing to get to him along with her sister and two kids (I?ve read conflicting stories that the 2 kids were hers and that they were her sister?s kids idk). It was dark and around a bend and she thought the bus lights were a slow tractor she could pass. Not excusing her behavior just giving some background to why she was speeding. I?ve also read numerous comments saying people have complained about that bus pick up spot being dangerous. I don?t know what?s true this is just what I have read on Facebook and Reddit.

Tragic all around. I cannot imagine the mother?s pain.

The article Blighted posted last night (a couple of comments upthread) says this:

Shepherd told police that she had dropped her husband off at work and had three children in the backseat of her car.

She told investigators she does not know how fast she was going, but said she typically is a slow driver, and that she wasn't in a hurry to get anywhere. She said she was on her way to drop her brother off at her mom's house, so he could get changed and go to school.

The detective testified that she said, "She came around that corner, she saw there was something with lights. She just knew there was something big and had lights. She did not recognize it immediately as a school bus. She said she was trying to figure out what it was."

She told officers she knows she dimmed her lights, because it had headlights but, "she couldn't make out what it was."

The detective went on to testify that, "By the time she realized, the kids were right there in front of her."

Another witness who was driving behind Shepherd's truck told officers she saw the bus clearly.

The detective testified that she said, "She came around a corner and could tell there was a bus stop with all of its lights activated."

People are lying about her rushing to the hospital. And while I agree it looks like a bad spot for a bus stop with that curve right there, I'm willing to bet money she was going way too fast. I don't necessarily think she purposely ignored the stop signal, but she had to have been speeding and/or not paying proper attention. I won't be shocked if it turns out she was fucking around with her phone.

There's no way in hell she wasn't speeding. That's a lot of damage on that truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    There's no way in hell she wasn't speeding. That's a lot of damage on that truck.

It's an unbelievable amount of damage, it looks like she hit another truck, not a bunch of little kids

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    The article Blighted posted last night (a couple of comments upthread) says this:

People are lying about her rushing to the hospital. And while I agree it looks like a bad spot for a bus stop with that curve right there, I'm willing to bet money she was going way too fast. I don't necessarily think she purposely ignored the stop signal, but she had to have been speeding and/or not paying proper attention. I won't be shocked if it turns out she was fucking around with her phone.
    My first thought when I saw the photo of the truck was she was on her phone too.

Another one

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/01/u...nts/index.html

I made a thread for the 7 yr old who's school bus arrived to find him dead at the bus stop.

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...ol-Bus-Arrived

What a nightmare couple of days, in the Florida case adults accompanied the kids to keep them safe & they were hit too
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-01-2018 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Uggh. I hate auto correct >:(

I didn't realize they were crossing the street on a highway, that explains the speeding.

Thread Information