Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brooke Skylar Richardson (18) allegedly killed her baby after it was born

Brooke Skylar Richardson (18) allegedly killed her baby after it was born

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-19-2022 at 08:48 AM.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...rs/1597652001/

LEBANON, Ohio - Skylar Richardson, the former cheerleader accused of killing and burying her baby, is down to 82 pounds, suffering from eating disorders and seeing counselors, her lawyer said Monday.

Both sides are planning for a trial in two months - one likely to attract national attention.

Richardson appeared in Warren County Common Pleas Court on Monday for a procedural hearing ahead of her trial, scheduled to begin Sept. 3

Richardson, 20, is charged with aggravated murder, involuntary manslaughter, gross abuse of a corpse, tampering with evidence and child endangerment in the death of her newborn infant. She faces possible life in prison.

Warren County Prosecutor David Fornshell said Richardson killed and buried her newborn baby in the backyard of her parents’ home in Carlisle in May 2017. Richardson maintains her innocence.

“They are holding up and coping the best they can,” said Skylar's lawyer, Charles M. Rittgers about the Richardsons. He said Richardson suffers from anorexia and bulimia and confirmed her weight and treatment.

Attorneys and prosecutors met with Judge Donald Oda II’s chambers privately for discussions pertaining to the three-week trial. Richardson has been out on bond since August 2017.

The case has garnered national press and has been much-discussed on social media.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-birth.html

'OMG, my belly is back!' What Ohio cheerleader, 18, on trial for killing her baby text her mother HOURS after secretly giving birth and burying the infant in their backyard before taking a gym selfie of her post bump figure

Brooke Skylar Richardson, now 20, is on trial for murdering her baby daughter
    In May 2017, she gave birth in the middle of the night then buried her baby
    The remains were discovered in July after she confessed to a doctor what she had done
    Richardson, who was 18 at the time, claims she panicked when the baby came early but that it was a stillborn
    Prosecutors say she killed the infant and buried her afterwards
    On May 7, after giving birth, she text her mom saying she was 'speechless' at how 'happy she was' that her 'belly was back'
    She also went to the gym and snapped a photo of her torso in a mirror
    It was the same day she had given birth to the baby and buried her in the yard
    Among those who testified was the baby's father, Trey Johnson
    Now 21, he said he and Richardson has sex twice in 2016 - once without protection

A teenager accused of murdering her baby moments after giving birth texted her mother saying: 'I am literally speechless with how happy I am my belly is back OMG' after she delivered the infant, prosecutors said on Wednesday.

Brooke Skylar Richardson is on trial for the murder of her baby girl. She gave birth in May 2017 then buried the baby, who she named Annabelle, in her back yard.

She was caught in July that year when she went back to the same doctor's practice where she learned she was pregnant to ask for a birth control refill. That is when doctors asked what came of her pregnancy and she confessed to 'burying everything'.

Prosecutors say she beat the girl and had researched how to 'get rid of a baby' after finding out in April that she was pregnant.

The cheerleader's attorneys say the baby was pale when she gave birth on her bathroom floor and that there was no umbilical chord attached. She said the baby was not breathing.

Her attorneys say she panicked and buried her afterwards.

They claim she thought she had months until she was due to deliver but when the baby arrived in the middle of the night only 11 days after she learned she was expecting, she did not know what to do so buried her in the backyard.

In opening arguments at her Ohio trial on Wednesday, prosecutors read a text message that she sent her mother - who both sides say did not know she was pregnant - which read: 'I'm literally speachless (sic) with how happy am... I am literally so excited now just for dinner to wear something cute yayyyy my belly is back and now I'm takin(sic) this opportunity to make it amazing.'

She also visited the gym hours after giving birth and took a selfie in the mirror which showed off her stomach.

In the image, which was presented for the first time at trial, she is seen lifting up her t-shirt and standing to the side.

The teenager sent it the same day she gave birth, they said. Prosecutors presented it along with an image of her baby's bones.

Among those who testified on Wednesday, the first day of the trial, was 21-year-old Trey Johnson who says he is the baby's father.

He said he and Richardson had sex twice in August 2016, once without protection, and that is when she likely fell pregnant. He was never told about the baby.

Alongside Johnson, the doctor who first told Richardson she was pregnant testified.

He said he advised her that she did not have to have the baby if she did not want to.

Prosecutors presented Richardson - now 20 - as a premeditated, image-obsessed cheerleader.

On May 7, while her family was sleeping in their home, she gave birth quietly then, prosecutors say, killed her.

'Brooke took her own daughter's life, destroyed all evidence of her birth and buried her in the backyard,' prosecutors said.
    I can't have a baby, I'm going to college in September

The teenager was caught after going to a different doctor to refill her birth control pills after she had given birth.

When that doctor learned from her record that she had been pregnant, she asked what became of the baby and Richardson confessed to burying her in her backyard.

Dr. William Andrew was who informed her she was pregnant when she came to see him in April 2017.

He told the jury that it was difficult to tell how far along she was because she as unsure of the date of conception but that he estimated she was around 32 weeks pregnant.

Andrew told the court there did not appear to be anything wrong with the baby. He said at some point during their appointment, she told him: 'I can't have a baby. I'm going to college in September.'

He told her to tell someone she was pregnant but, he said on Wednesday, she did not react to the news at all.

He delivered her and her brother and is known to the family.

It is unclear why she went to the doctor's office in the first place.

In July, she returned to refill her prescription for birth control but saw a different physician in the same practice.

Dr. Casey Boyce said when she asked her about her pregnancy, which there was a record of, Richardson started sobbing and told her: 'I had it alone in my house and buried it in my backyard.'

'She didn’t want me to tell anyone that I knew,' she said on Wednesday.

Boyce refilled the prescription then let her leave.

She said she then consulted with Dr. Andrew and they called the police.

The prosecution then called two crime scene workers who visited the family home to the stand.

They told how they were drawn to a fire pit in the family's back yard where the baby's remains were first thought to have been tossed.

The bones in the fire pit in fact belonged to an animal.

Richardon showed no emotion throughout the day's testimony until prosecutors presented photographs of the baby's bones.

At the sight of them, she began to shake.

Richardson's defense attorneys say the text message to her mother was taken out of context and speaks more to her concern with her body image and history of eating disorders than it does to the pregnancy.

'Those texts that we now see after May 7 … were Skylar focusing on the only thing she thought she could control at the time, which was her body,' Charlie Rittgers told the court.

He added that her mother was 'obsessive' about her daughter's weight, cheered her on whenever she lost any and frequently exchanged texts with her about it.

They say the entire case has been a 'rush to judgement' based on a medical examiner 'mistakenly' categorizing the baby's bones as being burned when they were not.

She cried when she told her and said that she had been born dead.

Later in a police interview, she said the baby had been alive for around 'five minutes' and that it died after she thought she had squeezed it too tightly.

This may not be a popular opinion, but I feel bad for her.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Eh. I'm still deciding how I feel about it.

I can see what you mean. Seems like she was pressured by her mom to be thin, and I'm sure she was pressured to go to college, etc. I am sure the baby was the end of the world to her...BUT she didn't have to have it. I dunno, I see both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I can see what you mean. Seems like she was pressured by her mom to be thin, and I'm sure she was pressured to go to college, etc. I am sure the baby was the end of the world to her...BUT she didn't have to have it. I dunno, I see both sides.
    Yeah. Everything sucks about this.

I am the biggest supporter of a woman's right to choose. When this happened President Bigly Dumbass hadn't been in power long, and abortion didn't have all the restrictions on it that it does now in so many states. The gyn she went to was supportive on her right to choose, and even told her that she didn't have to have it. She had options. I have very little sympathy though for someone who just chose to ignore it and then kill the child.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I am the biggest supporter of a woman's right to choose. When this happened President Bigly Dumbass hadn't been in power long, and abortion didn't have all the restrictions on it that it does now in so many states. The gyn she went to was supportive on her right to choose, and even told her that she didn't have to have it. She had options. I have very little sympathy though for someone who just chose to ignore it and then kill the child.
    That's fair. Ultimately, the person responsible for the death of the kid is who should be punished. Hard not to empathize a tiny bit, though.

I've been watching the trial of this one online. This is one I'm not sure about so I'll trust what the jury does. She confessed, but it was rather pressured and coercive, and without the confession there's really no evidence that a crime actually took place.

I've watched many dozens of trials online in their entirety and Tex McIver is the only trial I feel the jury got it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mdcastle View Post
    I've been watching the trial of this one online. This is one I'm not sure about so I'll trust what the jury does. She confessed, but it was rather pressured and coercive, and without the confession there's really no evidence that a crime actually took place.

I've watched many dozens of trials online in their entirety and Tex McIver is the only trial I feel the jury got it wrong.
    If I remember correctly, the baby had decomposed to the point of being just bones. It will be hard to prove she killed her.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Also she didn’t find out she was pregnant until she was about 8 months pregnant, so she couldn’t have had an abortion.

Also she didn’t find out she was pregnant until she was about 8 months pregnant, so she couldn’t have had an abortion.
    Hm, odd that the doctor supposedly said she didn't have to have it.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I was watching the trial on Court TV online, and when she went into the doctor for birth control her doctor told her she was pregnant and she had about 10 weeks left to go. That would put her at about 7.5 months.

If the doctor told her she had a choice, I missed that part.

He said he advised her that she did not have to have the baby if she did not want to.
    That's just in the post from Sal Val above.

That's just in the post from Sal Val above.
    Well then I’m confused as f. Thanks for pointing that out for me. I thought I knew what was going on. I guess not.

Well then I’m confused as f. Thanks for pointing that out for me. I thought I knew what was going on. I guess not.
    I'm hella confused, too. lol.

Is anyone else watching this trial?

I find the OB/GYN presented by the defense as very believable. I also think the baby may have been stillborn.

There was definitely some police fuckery going on...they got her to confess she burnt the baby when in reality the expert was wrong and the body wasn’t burned. I think they coerced a false confession.

Damn the prosecutions closing was pretty strong.

There was definitely some police fuckery going on...they got her to confess she burnt the baby when in reality the expert was wrong and the body wasn’t burned. I think they coerced a false confession.
    Surely not. The police are ALWAYS on the up and up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    Surely not. The police are ALWAYS on the up and up.
    They were holding her hand telling her she wasn’t in trouble. She’s a people pleasing immature teenager, it was pretty gross to watch the interviews.

Yay! Not guilty of murder, manslaughter, or endangering a minor, but guilty of abuse of a corpse.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...slaughter.html

Yah! Brooke- listen to me. Get on birth control implants you know the kind that last at least five years and move out of your parents house.

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifesty...der-baby-prom/

Skylar Richardson Was Found Not Guilty of Murdering Her Newborn Baby After Prom. Why Don’t People Believe Her?

In her first interview since standing trial, the 20-year-old tells her side of the story.

Thread Information