Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Misogynistic bullshit!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/30/footb...ntl/index.html

'It's a ruse': USWNT and US soccer fight for moral high ground on equal pay battle
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 06:35 PM.

Could it be true that the womens soccer players dont make as much as the men bcz they have less attendance at games, less advertisement(s) etc?

I wonder why the women in the wnba aren't protesting for equal pay?!

https://www.inc.com/bill-murphy-jr/c...mple-math.html

Case Closed: The U.S. Women's Soccer Team Should Definitely Be Paid As Much As the Men (and Probably More), According to Simple Math
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 06:35 PM.

https://apnews.com/6642da6853604df59958e86891354a2e

WASHINGTON (AP) — A Senate committee on Wednesday approved the nomination of an Air Force general to become the vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, largely discounting an aide’s allegations that he had subjected her to unwanted sexual advances.

Gen. John Hyten flatly denied the allegations during a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing this week, and an Air Force investigation found no evidence to support the accusations.

Hyten’s nomination was opposed by several of the women on the panel, including one Republican, Sen. Joni Ernst of Iowa, a former reserve officer and survivor of a sexual assault while in college. Others voting no were two Democratic presidential contenders, Kirsten Gillibrand of New York, who has made military sexual misconduct one of her top issues in the Senate, and Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, as well as Tammy Duckworth of Illinois, an Iraq War veteran who lost her legs when her helicopter was shot down.

He got the backing, however, of other key woman on the panel, including Sen. Martha McSally, R-Ariz., who issued a lengthy statement in his defense during the hearing. McSally is a former fighter pilot who has publicly described her own sexual assault that she says occurred while she was in the military.

The vote was 20-7, and Hyten’s nomination now goes to the full Senate for consideration, likely in September.

Gen. John Hyten, President Donald Trump's nominee to be the next vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, went before the Senate Armed Services Committee and denied allegations of sexual misconduct Tuesday. (July 30)
    The committee chairman, GOP Sen. Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma, said he was proud of the outcome, saying that the allegation against Hyten “was not believable. There was absolutely no truth to it.”

He said the vote shows that “every question that could have been asked was asked.”

Hyten’s forceful denial comes after several months of delay in the nomination process as senators held five classified sessions, pored over thousands of pages of the investigation and interviewed Hyten and Army Col. Kathryn Spletstoser, the officer who made the allegations.

Spletstoser told The Associated Press that Hyten subjected her to a series of unwanted sexual advances by kissing, hugging and rubbing up against her in 2017 while she was one of his top aides. She said she repeatedly pushed him away and told him to stop, and that he tried to derail her military career after she rebuffed him.

The AP generally does not identify victims of alleged sexual assault, but Spletstoser has allowed her name to be used.

Late Tuesday, the full Senate approved the nomination of David Norquist to be the deputy secretary of defense, marking the first time in seven months that the Pentagon has been led by two Senate-confirmed leaders. Defense Secretary Mark Esper was confirmed by the Senate and sworn in last week.

Former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis stepped down last New Year’s Eve after a series of policy disputes with President Donald Trump. The job has been filled on an acting basis since then.

https://nypost.com/2019/08/01/brian-...-days-in-jail/

A man in Michigan who was convicted of poisoning his wife by spiking her coffee received a sentence of 60 days in jail on Thursday ? which he will serve on the weekends.

Brian Kozlowski, 46 ? whose wife said he tried to kill her by placing eight sleeping pills in her morning coffee ? was handed the sentence after an impassioned plea from the former wife, Therese Kozlowski, according to The Macomb Daily.

?Brian?s continuous, methodical, and calculated plot to poison me included a complete disregard for human life, including his own daughter, along with hundreds of other drivers who he put at risk every day for weeks,? Therese Kozlowski said in court.

?I believe this was attempted murder. Once Brian realized he lost me and there was no getting me to stay in this unhealthy marriage, his goal was to eliminate me.?

Judge Antonio Viviano in Macomb County Circuit Court was inclined to give the man probation until he heard her plea.

The coffee spiking took place during the couple?s divorce in 2018. Therese said she felt tired and sick and had blurred vision after drinking the poisoned coffee.

At one point, the couple?s adult daughter even drank the java.

Judge Viviano claimed that the ex-husband ?does have a sense of remorse.? Viviano then handed him the two-month jail term, to be served on weekends.

The prosecutor in the case called it, ?It?s a slap in the face? to the victim.

https://abc7.com/sports/uc-riverside...-days/5446385/

RIVERSIDE, Calif. -- The University of California, Riverside says women's basketball coach John Margaritis has been suspended after an investigation revealed a violation of school policy.

The Riverside Press-Enterprise reported Friday that the suspension is for 20 days without pay.

Officials didn't say what policies Margaritis violated. While suspended he will be prohibited from having any contact with his players or staff for practices and games.

When reached for comment, Margaritis declined to speak about the violation. He said he's looking forward to getting back to coaching.

The newspaper says the investigation began earlier this year, after several UCR players brought concerns about their treatment by Margaritis to senior administrators.

Margaritis has coached the Highlanders since 2004. Last year, the team went 17-16, finishing third in the Big West.

https://patch.com/illinois/deerfield...defense-lawyer

DEERFIELD, IL — A longtime North Shore firefighter has been charged with sexually assaulting a woman in Deerfield following a nine-month investigation, according to police and court records. The firefighter denies the allegations. He has filed a union grievance over his firing and hired one of disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein's lawyers to defend him in court.

Cory S. Powers, 40, of the 200 block of Deerfield Road, turned himself in to Deerfield police on July 12 to face a charge of aggravated criminal sexual assault. Later that day, Powers provided the $75,000 cash portion of his bond and was released ahead of trial on the conditions he not possess weapons, not consume alcohol or drugs and not have any contact with the woman he is accused of raping, records show.

Weinstein, 67, a Hollywood film producer, is awaiting trial in New York City on criminal charges he raped women in 2006 and 2013. He has pleaded not guilty and is free on $1 million bail. Weinstein has denied all allegations of nonconsensual sex. Accusations of sexual misconduct from dozens of woman against him contributed to the beginning of the #MeToo movement a year before Powers' arrest. The defense attorney retained by both Weinstein and Powers has described herself as a skeptic of the movement.

The Lincolnshire-Riverwoods Fire Protection District and the Deerfield Police Department conducted independent investigations after a resident of the area reported in October 2018 that Powers, an acquaintance, had raped her in her home the prior month, according to police and fire officials.

Powers is accused of showing up at the woman's back door late on the night of Sept. 18, 2018. Police were told he came in and made himself a drink. The woman went to bed, telling Powers he needed to leave, police said. Instead, Powers forcibly assaulted the woman, causing bleeding and bruises that were later seen by detectives, according to Cmdr. Juan Mazariegos.

"She acted like any normal victim would," Mazariegos said. "We've got the pictures, we've got the text messages that he sent her." Investigators were still awaiting the results of some forensic testing when prosecutors approved the charges last month, he said.

Detectives obtained search warrants for Powers' DNA, cell phone, location data and home security system records in November 2018. An analysis of the phone Powers handed over indicated he had deleted all the information and reset the phone about a week after the incident — the same day he learned of the accusation, according to police.

Information provided by his cell phone company showed that Powers began using a different phone, downgrading from an iPhone X to an iPhone 8 within 60 days of the reported rape. Phone records showed Powers called in sick to work at 3:19 a.m. on the night of the incident, and his home security records suggest he armed the system at 3:42 a.m., detectives learned. Powers denied being at his accuser's house on the night of the incident, according to police.

https://abc7news.com/judge-alarmed-b...ttack/5473482/

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The story of a homeless man caught on camera attacking a San Francisco woman gets more complicated with several bombshells dropped in court Friday morning.

Judge Christine Van Aken saying she saw the video of James Austin Vincent attacking Paneez Kosarian at her condo complex Sunday and was "alarmed."

VIDEO: Woman attacked in front of home by man believed to be homeless

Kosarian says the District Attorney's office informed her that the judge had seen the video. Friday morning in court, we learned that was not the case.

The judge said "because of what I saw in the video, I have additional public safety concerns. Incarceration is not the answer for folks with mental illness and substance abuse problems in all cases."

Judge Van Aken ordered Vincent be outfitted with an ankle monitor because of his mental illness and remain free and under supervision at temporary housing for those in the criminal justice system.

Kosarian continues to be perplexed by some of the decisions in handling the case.

"It doesn't make it better that he went on without anything for a day and a half. This decision should have been the decision she made...and as a judge, you don't get a second chance. This was her second chance to make it better."

Raymond Sullivan is another San Francisco resident who says he was attacked by a homeless person a year and a half ago.

"I'm dealing with PTSD from these attacks."

In his case, the suspect was put in a facility then released...only to harass and attack him and neighbors over and over again.

He shows us a manila envelope and plastic bag stuffed full of restraining orders and police reports from him and nearby community members.

"I think we need to look at the effectiveness of the way the DA is handling it. "

Saleem Belvahri, Deputy Public Defender, said after we pressed where Vincent was "he's in a program right now."

When we asked the DA's office later in the afternoon where Vincent was, we were told "under supervision"...but they would NOT tell us where or with whom.

Late Friday afternoon, City Attorney Dennis Herrera provided a statement to ABC7 News, stating the DA's office should have provided the surveillance video to Judge Van Aken in the first place and called the judge a "tireless champion of the people of San Francisco for years."

Kosarian says she's heard from numerous people who say they have been attacked by homeless people in the city as well. She says she continues to speak out in order to make change for everyone in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by KambingSociety View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KambingSociety View Post
    Kambing, why are these stories in this thread? I do realize a woman was raped in the one story, but that was absolutely not the subject of the story, and just because the other story involved a coach of a woman's team doesn't mean it has anything to do with misogyny.

The goal of MDS isn't to see how many pointless articles can be posted each day. Try having a reasonable conversation with the members, and if you're going to post post worthwhile articles.

Well he didn't lie, Arianna Huffington, Rosie O'Donnell and Bette Midler are unattractive.

Hmmmm, this is bullshit..... "His comments set the tone for our national discourse and for the way others -- including ordinary citizens and the federal government -- treat women in every realm of life".

I am an ordinary citizen....nothing Donald Trump says about women determines how I treat women in every realm of life. I am not a puppet.

You're not a puppet, but you're contrary as fuck, so you're always gonna do the opposite of whatever it is that you think you're being instructed to do

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    You're not a puppet, but you're contrary as fuck, so you're always gonna do the opposite of whatever it is that you think you're being instructed to do
    That's not exactly true, bcz, I don't always go in the opposite direction....there is a thought process involved and then I make a choice. And then there's that.....don't follow the beaten path, and the blaze your own trails or whatever the fuck that saying is. Anyway, I think its bullshit, the things he says about women doesn't make people treat women an differently.

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    That's not exactly true, bcz, I don't always go in the opposite direction....there is a thought process involved and then I make a choice. And then there's that.....don't follow the beaten path, and the blaze your own trails or whatever the fuck that saying is. Anyway, I think its bullshit, the things he says about women doesn't make people treat women an differently.
    You're taking your own views & experience & applying them to other people again.

& either way, when the highest office in a country normalises something, it absolutely does have flow-on effects.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    You're taking your own views & experience & applying them to other people again.

& either way, when the highest office in a country normalises something, it absolutely does have flow-on effects.
    This isn't something exclusive to me, everyone does it....

Again I disagree. If Trump (or anyone else) said women are sluts and whores and are worthless only good for cooking, cleaning and sucking dick it would not make people think that's all women are good for, unless they felt that way in the first place.

So I guess this is going to become a thing, and mysoginistic men are going to use this excuse to try to keep women out of positions.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...wsuit-n1045706

A North Carolina police officer is suing for religious discrimination after he said he was fired for refusing to spend extended time with a woman who isn’t his wife, a practice commonly known as the “Billy Graham Rule.”
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    So I guess this is going to become a thing, and mysoginistic men are going to use this excuse to try to keep women out of positions.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...wsuit-n1045706
    I think everyone is much better off with that dude not having any kind of authority or a weapon.

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/trum...kNdejInR5tRB08

Trump Justice Department Says It's Fine If Women Are Forced to Wear Skirts
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 06:43 PM.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...olice-n1063356

Groom sexually assaulted bridesmaid days before his wedding, police say
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 06:43 PM.

The bride walked in on her fianc?e sexually assaulting someone, and still married him?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    The bride walked in on her fianc?e sexually assaulting someone, and still married him?
    Yeah, I don't get that at all.

If I hear "You need to OBEY me" one more fucking time from my husband .... I'm gonna have my own damn thread discussing my case.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    If I hear "You need to OBEY me" one more fucking time from my husband .... I'm gonna have my own damn thread discussing my case.
    I thought you got a divorce? Sorry you're having to deal with this.

What a fucking creeper of a dad.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/y...-they-n1079376

Young female climate activists face hateful abuse online. This is how they cope.

The consequences of rising temperatures for the planet and ecosystems are becoming increasingly apparent, yet less noticed is the vile backlash and abuse being thrown at the young green activists who have successfully pushed the climate agenda into the mainstream.

NBC News has spoken to three young climate activists, all female, and their families who now find themselves in the center of a digital culture war and have to contend with hateful messages from skeptics, misogynists and far-right agitators.

Swedish teen Greta Thunberg, who founded the Fridays for Future weekly school strikes and has become a figurehead of a climate change youth movement, has borne the brunt of the attacks, particularly on messaging platforms including Telegram and forums such as 8chan, security and technology experts say.

But she is far from alone.

“It’s shocking to me that people go after anyone and everyone just to bring them down, and I don’t understand what they get out of it,” said Theresa Sebastian, 15, from Cork, in the Republic of Ireland. “They feel they have the right to degrade us.”

Despite lacking an international profile as a climate change activist, Sebastian has endured abuse from accounts that appear to belong to teenage boys and grown men. Some messages criticize her campaigning, while others are hateful comments about her appearance.

Sebastian said she frequently receives racial slurs due to her Indian heritage — she is among the few climate strike organizers of color in Ireland.

“Racism is something that happens on a daily basis,” she said.

Abuse directed at climate activists isn’t just a reaction to stark warnings — some experts think it is also a reaction to the call for social upheaval to avoid ecological collapse. And it matters that the climate change movement has so many notable women.

Martin Hultman, a professor of technology, science and environmental studies at the Chalmers University of Technology in Sweden argues that men have benefited in an economy that is propelled by fossil fuels and related industries

“This kind of industrial bread winner ideal of nature being there for us to grab and use and can handle all types of risk is no longer possible to uphold if you take the science into account but these groups still want to keep it in that way,” he said.

Women entering fields traditionally dominated by men — such as science or energy, which intersect with climate change — are often met with criticism and outright hate speech, Hultman said: “It is both a historical and present phenomenon where women who take a stand based on science are getting attacked.”

The age of the activists is also triggering backlash, as it flies in the face of ideals that children should be taught and supervised, not the other way around, Hultman said. “It has become a generational issue.”

“It is misogyny. This movement is led by girls and somehow this triggers people, or men, to spout this abuse at them,” said Eleanor Platt, the mother of 11-year-old climate striker Lilly.

Lilly has become well-known in her hometown of Zeist in the Netherlands, and further afield, for launching a plastic litter pickup campaign. She’s gained more than 11,000 followers on Twitter with her message of fighting climate change and protecting wildlife.

Lilly’s account has been spammed by pornography and hateful messages criticizing the way she speaks and conspiracy theories that her activism is part of a money-making scheme, Platt said.

“The first lot used to really upset me. It was like a physical kick in the stomach because I love my daughter and I can’t believe anyone would hate her like this,” she said.

Several members of the family have been targeted. Platt herself has been accused of child abuse for forcing Lilly into activism. The family once had all their computers and phones linked to the account hacked.

Tweets directed at Lilly’s grandfather — who ran a campaign encouraging seniors to vote in the European election on behalf of their grandchildren — suggested he should be killed with a dose of morphine, Platt said.

The sexism ingrained in these attacks is not unique to those directed at climate activists, experts say. A pervasive culture of mockery and abuse is present across online cultures, often manifested in attacks on women and girls.

Thunberg has become a “fun target” for the far-right online, according to Alex Kobray, director of physical security and counterterrorism for Flashpoint Intelligence, a global security firm and an NBC News partner.

“Anyone who doesn’t fit into their narrow view of the world is fair game for them,” Kobray said. “They view her as liberal, left-leaning, which to them is obviously inherently negative.

“It becomes a pile-on where once these people start on something, they all try to one-up and try to be the most hateful one in the room,” she said.

Apart from satisfying their own “twisted humor” there isn’t a specific audience the group appears to be attempting to sway with their manipulated images of Thunberg and ill-meaning humor.

Instead, this behavior helps to solidify the beliefs of climate skeptics and extreme right-wing critics and build camaraderie, Bernhard Forchtner, a media and communications professor at England’s University of Leicester, said.

“It’s an identity issue. It helps them reproduce their wider hostility or rejection of what they perceive to be a liberal, more cosmopolitan, mainstream view,” he said. “Through Greta, they can reject what they see as liberal hysteria.”

Many have come to Thunberg’s defence. Australian satirists Mark Humpries and Evan Williams made a mockery at the attackers, launching a video advertising an imagined “Greta Thunberg helpline for adults angry at a child” that went viral, being shared over 115,000 times on Twitter.

Still, in a Facebook post, Thunberg mused shutting down her account because of the extent of the hate speech on the platform. It’s a route some activists have been forced to take.

Ariadne Papatheodorou, a Fridays for Future organizer in Athens, Greece, said she keeps most of her social media accounts private to avoid attacks.

“Through life, people will hate on you and you have to overcome that,” she said. “Our movement is trying to save our world from destruction, so we can’t focus on these people who are literally screaming out hate.”

As an extra precaution, the Greek teens who organize weekly demonstrations avoid releasing any information about what schools they attend or where they live and don’t always provide their full name to the media, she said.

Other teens told NBC News they periodically switch their accounts to private settings around the time of major protests, when the backlash is most extreme.

For Platt, it means spending hours every day cleaning up Lilly’s social media accounts before allowing her access. She also answers other parents’ questions about how to protect their children online.

Despite the effort feeling like another job, Platt said she wouldn’t consider shutting it down.

“We couldn’t be more proud of her,” Platt said, listing off Lilly’s busy schedule of media interviews and invitations to environmental events and conferences along with her weekly climate strikes. “People can tell us ‘get that child back to school,’ but really this education from what she is doing is just immense. I will always champion this.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...nsent-n1079761

A Virginia doctor allegedly performed hysterectomies and tied a patient's fallopian tubes without consent, federal authorities said in court documents.

Javaid Perwaiz, 69, was arrested Friday and charged with health care fraud and making false statements to federal investigators, according to papers filed in the Eastern District of Virginia.

In one case, Perwaiz, an obstetrician-gynecologist in Chesapeake, told a woman she needed a hysterectomy after discovering the “imminent onset” of cancer, the documents said.

The patient objected and asked instead for a less invasive operation, in which only her ovaries were removed, the court papers said.

When the woman awoke from surgery, “she was shocked to discover Perwaiz performed a total abdominal hysterectomy.” The doctor cut the patient’s bladder in the process, causing sepsis and requiring a six-day hospital stay, investigators claimed.

When the woman later obtained her medical records, the surgery was described as “elective” and cancer was not mentioned, they said.

In another case, Perwaiz performed a hysterectomy on a woman, who he described in medical records as having “chronic pelvic pain, pressure and persistent cramping.”

The woman, who had gone to Pervaiz for post-menopausal bleeding, later told investigators she had not experienced any of those symptoms, and Perwaiz had warned her only about the potential consequences, including cancer, if she did not undergo the procedure.

The documents cite other witnesses saying Perwaiz “routinely used the ‘C-word’ (cancer) to scare patients into having surgery.”

Another woman who saw Perwaiz for an ectopic pregnancy later visited a fertility specialist for help getting pregnant. The specialist said both her fallopian tubes “were burnt down to the nubs, making natural conception impossible,” according to the documents.

Perwaiz’s lawyer did not immediately respond Sunday to a request for comment.

Perwaiz lost his admitting privileges in 1982 at a hospital in nearby Portsmouth for performing unnecessary surgeries and poor clinical judgement, according to the documents.

He has faced eight malpractice suits, including allegations he caused permanent injuries to three patients and life-threatening injuries to two others and failed to use techniques that were not invasive.

At the time of his arrest, Perwaiz was affiliated with Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center and Chesapeake Regional Medical Center, according to the Virginian-Pilot.

Hospital websites that mentioned Perwaiz appeared to have been removed Sunday. A Chesapeake spokeswoman declined to comment. A Bon Secours spokeswoman did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Thread Information