Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Misogynistic bullshit!

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    For fucks sake Kambing. Vigilantes don't get rights because it's fucking criminal. How many of these stories have you posted where some asshole killed the wrong person, or that the person killed is only accused of something?

FUCK! ��
    https://www.change.org/p/new-york-po...op-all-charges

https://www.change.org/p/barack-obam...mamadou-diallo

These types of killings should be legal!

https://abc7.com/texas-couple-confro...ghter/5345456/

KATY, Texas -- A Texas mother is sharing her family's story after a frightening incident involving a man who they say followed her 24-year-old daughter around for hours.

"This can happen to anybody," said Marina Hernandez. "It's not just in the movies, it's real."

She and her daughter were on a routine trip to JCPenney. They spent time shopping then returned home.

Hernandez said her daughter was driving, and neither of them noticed a black Altima follow them into their neighborhood.

She said three hours later, her husband noticed the vehicle parked in an undeveloped cul-de-sac and became suspicious, walking outside to watch his daughter drive out of the neighborhood on an errand.

"He was parked right there facing south, my husband said. And when she drove to the stop sign... he followed her out the neighborhood."

Hernandez and her husband quickly got in their car and followed the Altima down I-10, watching as the driver followed their daughter to a local grocery store.

"Then he turned into the H-E-B parking lot with Samantha. At that point my heart started racing, I was like, 'There is no way,'"

She said she walked up to the man in the store and confronted him. Without hesitation, she said he admitted he had been following her daughter for hours.

"Then that's when he said JCPenney. And that's when I really lost it, I said, 'You've been following us since JCPenney? And you went to my house and you sat there for three hours?' He's like 'Yeah, but I'm sorry. I won't do it again, I'm sorry. I'm sorry.'"

Hernandez said the man appeared nervous and scared by the confrontation.

"First he's like, 'She was attractive; she's attractive to me.' I said 'What?' He said, 'Well she looks familiar, I thought she was someone else.'"

The mother snapped pictures of the man and his car as he ran away. The family reported him to police.

Thanks to a license plate the family recorded, investigators were able to find the man at work.

Katy police said he voluntarily came in and confessed.

"He admitted to everything, I just couldn't believe it," said Hernandez.

He even wrote an apology letter to the family that said in part, "I want to genuinely apologize for the pain and grief I have caused in a moment of irresponsibility and recklessness...I did a harmful thing and am humbled by the wake-up call I've received, as it could have been much worse."

"That letter doesn't mean anything to me, he shouldn't have done it to begin with," said Hernandez.

The 37-year-old from Fulshear was not charged.

Investigators said the incident did not meet the threshold for a stalking crime, which requires the suspect to commit the act more than once.

They said he has no criminal history.

"Just because he doesn't have a record doesn't mean he's innocent," said Hernandez, warning other families to watch their surroundings "Somebody who sits out there for three hours does not have good intentions. And I don't believe that was his first time doing it."

Quote Originally Posted by KambingSociety View Post
    No. No they should not. If the person is sentenced to death after a trial, that's fine. Random assholes taking matter in to their own hands, no. Your wet dream of anarchy is a fantasy and starting to get creepy.

https://www.al.com/news/2019/06/chem...er-states.html

Some Alabama sex offenders who abuse young children will have to undergo “chemical castration” while on parole, under a new law, but the requirement has prompted legal concerns and it appears to be rarely used in some states that allow it.

The procedure uses medications that block testosterone production in order to decrease sex drive. The Alabama law says sex offenders whose crimes involved children between ages 7 and 13 must receive the medication before being released from prison on parole. Alabama doesn't allow parole for sex crimes involving children 6 and under.

After Gov. Kay Ivey’s office announced Monday she had signed the bill, some legal groups raised questions.

Randall Marshall, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Alabama, said there are constitutional concerns with forced medication.

Dillon Nettles, a policy analyst with the ACLU of Alabama, said the law harkens back to a "dark time" in history.

"It presents serious issues, involving involuntary medical treatment, informed consent, privacy and cruel and unusual punishment," Nettles said.

The bill's sponsor, Republican Rep. Steve Hurst of Munford, scoffs at that kind of talk.

"How in the world can it be any more cruel and inhumane than to molest a child? I want someone to answer that one for me, but they can't," Hurst said.

Hurst said he hopes the medication will protect children by stopping abusers from reoffending.

At least seven states have laws authorizing chemical castration in some form.

But its effectiveness can vary.

The hormonal treatment can be useful for a subgroup of offenders whose crimes are driven by sexual attraction to children and want to reduce those urges, said Dr. Frederick Berlin, who treats patients with sexual disorders at Johns Hopkins Hospital and at an independent clinic. However, he has concerns about a blanket criminal justice approach without evaluating the appropriateness in each case.

"Speaking now as a physician, I think it's absolutely inappropriate to use a medical treatment as a criminal sanction," Berlin said.

He said it's not effective for people whose crimes were driven by drugs, mental illness or other issues.

"These laws tend to go on the books because people understandably are frightened. They want to protect children which I hope every reasonable person wants to do," Berlin said.

"At its worst, I think the motivation, if we are just going to say it crudely: 'We are just going to castrate the bastard.' Or at its best it's a misunderstanding, and lack of understanding when it would and when it wouldn't be medically appropriate."

The stereotypical child molester is male, but a fraction of sex offenders are women. Berlin said the situation is more complicated for women because of hormonal balance involved in the menstrual cycle and maintaining pregnancy, but treatment with a drug like Depo-Provera has been used to help some women gain better sexual self-control.

California was the first state to pass such a law in 1996. Ike Dodson, a spokesman with the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, said it's is rarely used there. Two parolees are currently receiving treatment. Dodson said one of them is mandated to receive it under law, and the other requested it voluntarily.

Prison officials in Montana and Louisiana told The Associated Press last year that they're aware of only one case in each state in the last decade in which a judge ordered the treatment. Texas even allows repeat sex offenders to opt for surgical castration. Texas and Florida did not have numbers immediately available on use.

Georgia had a chemical castration statute but repealed it. Oregon also had a pilot program chemical castration but it was repealed.

The Alabama law says a judge shall order the treatment as a condition of release and will require parolees to receive an initial dose of medication before leaving prison, and to receive additional doses after leaving. A judge would decide when they could stop. They would be billed for the medication, although fees could be waived for those who couldn't afford it. The law also says an Alabama Health Department employee must administer the medication after an inmate's release from prison.

Lawmakers say it's constitutional because it only applies when an inmate seeks release on parole. Inmates who opt to serve their entire sentence would not have to take the medication.

"I think it's constitutional because it's not mandatory," Alabama Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Cam Ward said. He also said it would apply to a small group of sex offenders.

Hurst began pushing the legislation more than a decade ago after hearing the story of an infant who was sexually abused. He originally proposed permanent surgical castration, but he was told by the state's then-attorney general that would be found unconstitutional.

The proposal went nowhere in the Statehouse for more than a decade before it won final passage this year on a quick vote in the Senate. Hurst said it may have prevailed because people didn't notice it.

Hurst said he's open to improvements in the law, and would like to see a university involved in a future study on effectiveness. But for him, it comes down to simple justice.

"If they are going to mark those children for life, they need to be marked for life. ... My real feelings are that they need to die," Hurst said.

The law takes effect later this year.

https://wnep.com/2019/06/19/husband-...ld-sex-crimes/

SCRANTON, Pa. -- It took a jury in Lackawanna County about an hour and a half to convict a husband and wife of child sex abuse charges. The couple, both teachers, were found guilty of all the charges against them.

Ruth and Nick Baggetta of Greenfield Township were both taken into custody after the verdict was read Wednesday afternoon. They were both convicted of having a sexual relationship with a teen that lasted almost two years and started when the girl was 16.

The trial put the word of the Baggettas against those of the now-19-year-old female student.

Ultimately, jurors sided with the girl, convicting the couple of all the charges against them.

RELATED STORY
    Husband and Wife Take the Stand in Sex Abuse Trial

On the stand on Monday, the girl talked about her nearly two-year-long sexual relationship with Nick Baggetta. She says his wife Ruth not only knew about it but encouraged it.

While on the stand themselves, the couple admitted the relationship with the girl was close but said they were only trying to help her overcome mental health issues.

"I believe the fact that both defendants took the stand and essentially corroborated everything that our victim had to say gave her even more credence to the jury," said Lackawanna County Assistant District Attorney Sara Varela.

Since this was a case of she said, they said, prosecutors from the Lackawanna County District Attorney's Office relied on text messages as evidence. They said there were texts among the Baggettas and the girl about 80 times per day over several months. And though not sexually explicit, the texts contained language that wouldn't typically be used between teacher and student.

"It's just clearly inappropriate conduct for a teacher to be corresponding with a student like that. Where there's smoke there's fire. What they did was inappropriate at all levels. They just didn't admit to the sexual misconduct, but the jury saw through that," said Lackawanna County District Attorney Mark Powell.

Nick Baggetta was a teacher at Fell Charter School near Carbondale. Ruth Baggetta is suspended without pay from her job at Lakeland High School. With her conviction, that is likely to change. The couple will be sentenced in a few months, and both face the prospect of several years in prison.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.57597e60628a

This is why we need vigilantes killings to be legal because of cases like this.

A mug shot of Joseph Meili. (Greene County Sheriff's Office)
    By Timothy Bella June 21 at 9:24 AM
    In the hours after Joseph Meili picked up a girl he met on his dating app, police sprang into action.

They scoured the nearby woods and knocked on doors in Republic, Mo., trying to find her. After she later turned up back home, she told authorities that Meili removed her clothes and raped her, prosecutors said. Weeks later, she tested positive for chlamydia.

She was not 18, the age she’d listed on her profile for the dating app MeetMe. She was 11.

Meili was charged with child kidnapping, statutory rape and statutory sodomy. He would later admit to committing a sex crime. But the 22-year-old man won’t face jail time for molesting the 11-year-old girl.

Meili was sentenced last week to five years of supervised probation after pleading guilty to one count of third-degree child molestation. He will also register as a sex offender. The sentencing, handed down by Judge Calvin R. Holden on June 14, went against the recommendation of state prosecutors, who asked that Meili serve 120 days in a sex offender treatment program and up to seven years in prison, according to the Springfield News-Leader. The Jefferson City News Tribune reported that the charges of child kidnapping, statutory rape and statutory sodomy were dropped as part of a plea agreement reached in March.

Meili’s attorney, Scott Pierson, argued that Meili was catfished by the girl and had no idea how old she really was.

“I feel horrible for the victim in this case,” Pierson told The Washington Post. Despite the lack of jail time, he insisted Meili’s sentence was fair. “He’s going to be a sex offender for the rest of his life. He’s never going to escape this.”

But prosecutors questioned how Meili could still think the girl was 18 after meeting her in person. It was “willful ignorance,” Elizabeth Fax, the senior assistant prosecuting attorney for Greene County, told HuffPost.

“I think dating apps make it easier to get into these types of situations, to be sure,” she said, “but to actually see her in person . . . he knew and just decided to go along with it anyway.”

The two connected after the girl borrowed her mother’s phone, according to police. In July 2017, the girl, whose name has not been released because she is a minor, used the phone to send messages over MeetMe. Meili then picked her up in Republic before driving to an apartment in Springfield, Mo.
    We need summary executions on people like him. and send in the creep catchers to attack him.

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/21/europ...ntl/index.html

Five men known as the "Wolf Pack" have been sentenced to 15 years in prison for rape by Spain's Supreme Court, after more than a year of heated protests over their original, lighter conviction.

The men were convicted of sexual abuse but cleared of gang rape charges in December 2018 for their attack on a teenage girl, which happened at the 2016 running of the bulls in Pamplona.

The country's highest court has now reversed that decision, upgrading their conviction and dealing a long-awaited victory to the thousands of protesters who have taken to the streets throughout the case.

Defendants Jose Angel Prenda Martinez, Angel Boza Florido, Jesus Escudero Dominguez, Antonio Manuel Guerrero Escudero and Alfonso Jesus Cabezuelo Entrena -- known as the Wolf Pack after the name of a WhatsApp group they spoke on -- recorded cellphone video of their encounter in July 2016 with the woman, then 18.

Four of the men were arrested after the Friday ruling, police told CNN, leaving just one at large.

The case shocked the nation and prompted widespread outrage, which was ultimately diverted towards Spain's judicial system, and a change in the law, once the men were cleared of rape and released on bail.

The original ruling had been made on the grounds that Spanish law requires evidence of physical violence or intimidation to prove a rape charge, a stipulation that has since been brought into question.

Prosecutors had called on the Supreme Court to upgrade the sentence, and the court agreed that the victim had indeed faced intimidation. "The factual account describes an intimidating scenario, in which the victim in no way consents to the sexual acts carried out by the accused," the court said.

Antonio Manuel Guerrero Escudero received an extra two years, as he was also found guilty of the theft of the victim's phone.

According to court documents, WhatsApp messages circulated to the group by one of the defendants included "us five are ****ing one girl," "there is more than what I'm telling you," "a ****ing amazing trip" and "there is video."

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/06/...n-tells-court/

“My wife always tells me that I cannot impregnate another woman and that if I try to make love with another woman, my male organ will get stuck inside that woman, that she had done something concerning my male organ.,’’ Mr Bello Abudu, a 42-year-old technician, told an Igando Customary Court in Lagos on Thursday. Court Abudu, whose wife, Blessing, sought the dissolution of their marriage, accusing him of infidelity, told the court while responding to the allegation that his wife pushed him into adultery ADVERTISING ADVERTISING “My wife always tells me that I cannot impregnate another woman and that if I try to make love with another woman, my male organ will get stuck inside that woman, that she had done something concerning my male organ. “I was afraid initially, but later I decided to try it to know if she is saying the truth. “But luckily, the girl I met got pregnant and had a baby, when my wife got to know, she told me that the baby was not mine. “After some months, I decided to do it again to prove her wrong, and the girl took it again. “Since then, Blessing made the house unbearable for me by fighting me regularly. She caused the Police to arrest me and when I could no longer bear it, I packed out of the house,’’ he told the court. The respondent said that his wife starves him of sex on many occasions, adding that she mostly claim that sex gives her a headache. He urged the court not to grant his wife’s wish by dissolving their marriage but told the court that he still loves her. Mrs Blessing Abudu had approached the court to dissolve her 12-year-old marriage over her husband’s alleged infidelity. “My husband is cheating on me, he got a girl pregnant on two occasions. “I have gone to several hospitals and herbal homes, just to have another baby but my husband is busy making babies with another girl,’’ she lamented. The 36-year-old tailor accused her husband of denying her the pleasure of having sex with him. “My husband refused to sleep with me, despite the fact that I desire another baby. “He told me to look for another man to sleep with me and vowed that he will not sleep with me again,’’ she alleged. Blessing accused her husband of posing serious threats to her life. “Bello told me that I am eating poison in his house, that I should pack out, else he will kill me or cause me to run mad,’’ she told the court. The petitioner said that her husband had abandoned her with the only child of their marriage. The mother of one begged the court to terminate the marriage, adding that she had long lost interest in it. The president of the court, Mr Adeniyi Koledoye, urged the two parties to maintain peace and adjourned the case until July 25, for judgment.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/06/...n-tells-court/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/06/...n-tells-court/

“My wife pushed me into adultery,’’ Mr Bello Abudu, a 42-year-old technician, told an Igando Customary Court in Lagos on Thursday. love Abudu, whose wife, Blessing, sought the dissolution of their marriage, accusing him of infidelity, told the court while responding to the allegation that his wife pushed him into adultery. ADVERTISING ADVERTISING “My wife always tells me that I cannot impregnate another woman and that if I try to make love with another woman, my male organ will get stuck inside that woman, that she had done something concerning my male organ. “I was afraid initially, but later I decided to try it to know if she is saying the truth. “But luckily, the girl I met got pregnant and had a baby, when my wife got to know, she told me that the baby was not mine. “After some months, I decided to do it again to prove her wrong, and the girl took in again. “Since then, Blessing made the house unbearable for me by fighting me regularly. She caused the Police to arrest me and when I could no longer bear it, I packed out of the house,’’ he told the court. The respondent said that his wife starves him of sex on many occasions, adding that she mostly claimed that sex gives her headache. He urged the court not to grant his wife’s wish by dissolving their marriage, but told the court that he still loves her. Mrs. Blessing Abudu had approached the court to dissolve her 12-year-old marriage over her husband’s alleged infidelity. “My husband is cheating on me, he got a girl pregnant on two occasions. “I have gone to several hospitals and herbal homes, just to have another baby but my husband is busy making babies with another girl,’’ she lamented. The 36-year-old tailor accused her husband of denying her the pleasure of having sex with him. “My husband refused to sleep with me, despite the fact that I desire another baby. “He told me to look for another man to sleep with me and vowed that he will not sleep with me again,’’ she alleged. Blessing accused her husband of posing serious threats to her life. “Bello told me that I am eating poison in his house, that I should pack out, else he will kill me or cause me to run mad,’’ she told the court. The petitioner said that her husband had abandoned her with the only child of their marriage. The mother of one begged the court to terminate the marriage, adding that she had long lost interest in it. The president of the court, Mr Adeniyi Koledoye, urged the two parties to maintain peace and adjourned the case until July 25, for judgment. (NAN) Related My wife’s behaviour pushed me into finding solace in another woman After several unsuccessful interventions to save a 13-year-old marriage between Mr. Sunday Okafor and his wife, Adetola, an Igando Customary Court in Lagos on Wednesday dissolved the union, citing infidelity. July 19, 2017 ‘My wife must swear in my village to prove her faithfulness’ A 41-year-old man, James Omale, yesterday, told an Igando Customary Court, Lagos, that his wife must go to his village and swear an oath to proof her fidelity. August 16, 2016 Alleged Infidelity: Husband insists wife must go to his village to swear A 41-year-old man, James Omale, on Monday told an Igando Customary Court, Lagos that his wife must go to his village and swear to proof her innocence of alleged infidelity. August 15, 2016 READ ALSO: Galadima opens up on Buhari’s relationship with his daughter Vanguard PROMOTED 3 Zodiacal Signs May Become Rich This Month! Horoscope 1 Natural Trick himselfnews.com Japan: Kim Kardashian accuses of disrespecting culture Breaking: Buhari replaces Kachikwu on NNPC Governing Board Imo traders get 72-hr ultimatum to vacate ‘illegal spots Fulani Vigilante Group Request: South-East treated like a conquered col... Wole Soyinka breaks silence on plane seat incident TONY View all posts by Tony → PREVIOUS POST Niger Tribunal: PDP closes case after calling only one witness Disclaimer Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/06/...n-tells-court/

https://patch.com/colorado/boulder/2...saulting-child

BOULDER, CO — A second former member of Boulder Shambhala Center has been accused of sexually assaulting a child, the Boulder Police Department said Friday.

Michael Smith, 54, is accused of sexual assault on a child by a person in a position of trust, police said.

A woman said she was sexually assaulted by Smith several times beginning in 1997 when she was 13 years old, police said. She was introduced to Smith through his membership in the Boulder Shambhala.

A second woman also came forward and said she was assaulted by Smith when she was 11 years old at a Buddhist retreat center in Barnet, Vermont, police said. Vermont detectives are investigating the case.

(Stay up-to-date on Boulder news with Boulder Patch! There are many ways for you to connect and stay in touch: Free Newsletters and Email Alerts | Facebook)

Both women came forward after learning that a former member of the Boulder Shambhala, Bill Karelis, had been arrested and charged with sexual assault on a child, police said.

Boulder police said they believe there may be more victims. Anyone with information is asked to call Boulder Police Det. Ross Richart at 303-441-1833.

Robert W. Wiseman of MSU convicted of Theft and Harassment

https://www.wilx.com/content/news/UP...511970671.html

LANSING, Mich. (WILX) -- New information on the MSU professor suspended for sexual harassment.

New information on the MSU professor suspended for sexual harassment.
    It turns out Robert W. Wiseman is also a criminal.

News Ten confirmed Wiseman pleaded guilty to "Willful neglect of duty" after he was accused of stealing money from his research assistant.

We dug through hundreds of pages of courtroom transcripts that included a testimony from Wiseman's former research assistant who was being paid money from a grant.

She says Wiseman told her she would have to go unpaid when she left for a month to do research in France.

She says Wiseman instructed her not to be taken off the MSU payroll that she could just reimburse the university instead.

But when she got back, she says Wiseman made her write the reimbursement checks directly to him, and he kept the money.

Wiseman was charged with two felonies.

He was able to plead it down to one count of willful neglect of duty and was ordered to return the money.

An MSU spokeswoman tells us the university knew of the guilty plea.

She says Wiseman was punished with a six-week suspension for sexual harassment.

That was handed down after multiple women reported that he made sexual comments and stared at their breasts.

Michigan State does have a policy requiring faculty to inform their superior when charged with a felony or with certain misdemeanors classified as "Serious".

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/06...ent-on-subway/

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) – A suspect accused of groping a woman on the subway is in police custody, and it’s not his first run-in with police, or even his second.

He was just serving time for a similar crime, CBS2’s Jenna DeAngelis reports.

Gian Verdelli, 67, is a registered sex offender who has been arrested by the NYPD for a range of crimes, including sex abuse, forcible touching and fare evasion.

In 2012, CBS2 reported Verdelli had been arrested for the 169th time after groping a woman on a train in New Jersey. The majority of those arrests were for sexual offenses.

Gian Verdelli (credit: NYPD)

“He should be put away for a long time, right? Like, there’s just no reason that he should be back out there doing it to people over and over again,” Kim Gabriel, of Greenpoint, said.

This time, Verdelli was arrested for allegedly groping an off-duty NYPD traffic agent who was on the way to her daughter’s graduation.

The two were on a Manhattan-bound L train from the Bedford Avenue station just before 9 a.m. Wednesday when police say he put his hands up the 37-year-old’s dress.

The woman managed to take a picture of Verdelli on the platform before he ran off.

Police say Verdelli was just released from prison on May 1 for a similar crime.

In that case, police say he groped a 42-year-old woman on board the subway at Brooklyn and East Houston Street.

He was sentenced for two years but did not serve the full sentence.

Officials say they were able to identify him as the suspect in Wednesday’s incident because he’s a transit sexual offense recidivists who is on parole.

“Maybe they need to find something else to do with him. Maybe instead of being incarcerated, maybe he needs to be in some kind of facility where they treat whatever his problem is. I don’t think he needs to be let back out on the street, that’s for sure. That’s too many times. How many times are you gonna give him a chance?” Queens resident Monica Rice said.

Verdelli was captured by police around 5:30 a.m. Friday at a homeless shelter on Wards Island.

Charges against him include persistent sexual abuse and forcible touching.

“If this case doesn’t point to the fact that, why we should continue to push for a ban on the subways, I don’t know what does,” NYPD Police Commissioner James O’Neill said.

This incident comes right after the MTA said it’s moving forward with plans to ban repeat offenders from subways and buses, which the NYPD says it supports.

“We all know that the subway’s a very unique environment, and this is what’s the definition of crazy, right? Keep doing the same thing and expecting different results? So, that’s why we’re pushing to get the law changed,” O’Neill said.

Ultimately for that to happen, the state legislature would have to take action.

Anyone with additional information about Verdelli is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74682), logging onto the Crime stoppers website at www.nypdcrimestoppers.com, or by texting tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enterings TIP577.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/03/us/ne...rnd/index.html

A teen was accused of rape, but a judge didn't want him tried as an adult because he 'comes from a good family'

In 2017, a 16-year-old boy in New Jersey was accused of raping an intoxicated 16-year-old girl in the dark basement of a house party. According to court documents, the boy filmed the encounter, the girl's bare torso exposed and her head repeatedly banging against a wall. He allegedly shared the video with friends, and it continued to circulate for months despite the girl's pleas for him to stop its dissemination.

At one point, according to documents, he texted friends: "[w]hen your first time having sex was rape."

Prosecutors called his actions "sophisticated and predatory" and pushed for him to be waived from the juvenile court system and tried as an adult. However, in July 2018, a family court judge denied the request, and his reasons are now drawing serious reproach from an appeals court.

Boy was headed for a 'good college,' judge says

In his denial, Judge James Troiano of Monmouth County Superior Court said the boy's actions were not predatory and not necessarily rape because "traditional" rape cases involve "two or more generally males involved, either at gunpoint or weapon, clearly manhandling a person."

He said the boy shouldn't be tried as an adult because he "comes from a good family who put him into an excellent school," because he was an Eagle Scout, because he was probably headed for a "good college" and because his "scores for college entry were very high."

Troiano said the girl and her family should have been told that bringing charges against the boy could have a "devastating effect" on his life.

A court hands back the case
    On June 14, the Appellate Division of the New Jersey Superior Court reversed Troiano's decision and sent the case back down for further judgment.

The appeal claimed that Troiano "erred in denying the waiver motion because, in the process, he substituted his judgment for that of the prosecutor."

The appeals court judges agreed, and their decision specifically cited Troiano's mention of the boy's background.

"That the juvenile came from a good family and had good test scores we assume would not condemn the juveniles who do not come from good families and do not have good test scores from withstanding waiver applications."

A decision hangs in the balance

Now that the case is back in Monmouth County courts, prosecutors are planning their next move and could seek to indict the defendant in criminal court.

"While we have the utmost respect for the Family Court and the judge in this case, we are grateful that the Appellate Division agreed with our assessment that this case met the legal standards for waiver to Superior Court," Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni said in a statement. "As with all cases, we are assessing our next steps, which will include discussions with the victim and her family."

New Jersey Courts Director of Communications Peter McAleer said Troiano has no comment on the most recent developments.

The defendant's attorney has not responded to a request for comment.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/03/us/ne...rnd/index.html

A teen was accused of rape, but a judge didn't want him tried as an adult because he 'comes from a good family'
    Ok let's have death sqads attack this 16 year old boy accused of the crime. At this point we need summary executions on the priveleged.

Get some therapy. Your blood lust makes you no better than them. There are things worse than death. If you want to kill someone, how about you kill the judge that sympathizes with a rapist and said rape usually involves 2 or more men and a gun or other violence. That's a huge problem when a judge views having sex with someone too drunk to defend themselves is not rape and is more concerned with how charges would hurt the rapists future with total disregard of the lifetime of harm rape causes.
    Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    Get some therapy. Your blood lust makes you no better than them. There are things worse than death. If you want to kill someone, how about you kill the judge that sympathizes with a rapist and said rape usually involves 2 or more men and a gun or other violence. That's a huge problem when a judge views having sex with someone too drunk to defend themselves is not rape and is more concerned with how charges would hurt the rapists future with total disregard of the lifetime of harm rape causes.
    We need to have extrajudicial killings on these offenders. We need to start a bloody crackdown (Duterte Style) on these people. Also pardon people who kill the rapists like David Carlson he killed a rapist while the person he killed was on the run. The Problem I see here is that its not only the victims that are being slutshamed here its also the heroes that kill the rapists are also being slutshamed too like in the case of David Carlson.

https://www.recordonline.com/news/20...th-of-fugitive

GOSHEN - The new trial for a Sparrowbush man in the 2013 shooting death of a fugitive will start in May, a judge ordered Friday in Orange County Court.

The judge denied a defense lawyer’s request to dismiss the case.

David Carlson, 47, was convicted in 2016 of first-degree manslaughter in the Oct. 11, 2013 shooting that killed Norris Acosta-Sanchez of Ramapo. The jury rejected Carlson’s contention that he acted in self-defense.

Acosta-Sanchez, 35, was wanted in Rockland County on felony charges, including second-degree rape, and was essentially camping on a property next to Carlson’s in the Town of Deerpark. They struck up an acquaintance that led Acosta-Sanchez to confess that he was wanted on a rape charge.

Carlson reported this to Deerpark police, who enlisted his help to take Acosta-Sanchez into custody. The wanted man promptly escaped from police, who called in a county tactical team to help recapture him. Deerpark police sought Carlson’s assistance to swear out a warrant and to explain where on the property Acosta-Sanchez had been staying.

Acosta-Sanchez eluded a multi-agency search involving dogs and helicopters, and then showed up the morning of Oct. 11, 2013 at Carlson’s home, seemingly upset that Carlson had aided police. Carlson told police that he marched Acosta-Sanchez at the point of a shotgun to the home of a neighbor so someone could call 911. Carlson said that as they arrived Acosta-Sanchez lunged at him, and he fired twice.

In August, the Appellate Division, Second Department of state Supreme Court overturned the verdict and ordered a new trial, finding that Judge Robert Freehill gave a corrective instruction to some potential jurors, but not all, after prosecutors used “statutory” to describe the second-degree rape charge Acosta-Sanchez faced, a term that could have undermined Carlson’s self-defense claim before the trial even began.

In December, the state Court of Appeals refused prosecutors’ request to appeal the reversal, and Carlson’s lawyer, Benjamin Ostrer, filed papers in Orange County Court asking Freehill to dismiss the case based on flaws in the grand jury presentation.

Freehill denied that request on Friday.

“Are we scheduling this matter for trial?” Freehill then asked Ostrer and the special prosecutor from the Westchester County District Attorney’s Office, Deputy Bureau Chief Lana Hochheiser from the office’s homicide bureau.

“Judge, the People would like to schedule this matter for trial,” Hochheiser answered.

Freehill set May 6 for jury selection.

Carlson remains free on bond.

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    We need an army of Dexter Morgans as a solution to this issue! We need to get rid of the justice system for the Extrajudicial system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_Rodrigues_Filho

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephe...all_(murderer)

https://www.pri.org/stories/2012-09-...-sex-offenders

We need an army of Dexter Morgans as a solution to this issue! We need to get rid of the justice system for the Extrajudicial system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_Rodrigues_Filho

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephe...all_(murderer)

https://www.pri.org/stories/2012-09-...-sex-offenders
    No, we don't need that.

Also, please stop turning EVERY thread into some vigilante nonsense.

Jesus wept

https://www.foxnews.com/world/indone...he-is-promoted

Indonesia woman faces jail time for recording boss’ lewd phone call, he is promoted

An Indonesian woman who recorded her boss’ lewd phone call to prove she was being harassed will serve at least six months in prison for distributing obscene material -- meanwhile, her boss got a promotion.

Nuril Maknun, 41, worked as a part-time bookkeeper at a high school in Mataram, the largest city on the religiously conservative island of Lombok.

Her allegations against her boss, who goes by the single name Muslim, as is common in Indonesia, began in 2013 when he took over as principal at the high school she worked at.

According to the New York Times, Muslim made vulgar remarks against her and spread a rumor the two had been carrying on an affair.

Nuril complained multiple times of receiving lewd phone calls from her boss and, in one instance, recorded him using explicit language and hounding her to have an affair – all without his knowledge. She gave the recording to a third person and eventually distributed it on an electronic device.

When Muslim became aware of the recording, he filed a police complaint against Nuril for criminal defamation. She was arrested and jailed for a month.

Prosecutors then charged her with distributing obscene material.

Nuril was initially cleared of the charges of violating the country’s strict anti-pornography laws by distributing the recording in a bid to expose the man’s history of lecherous behavior.

Prosecutors appealed the verdict, however, and. on Thursday, the country’s top court reversed the decision and sentenced her to six months in prison. Nuril was also ordered to pay a $35,383 fine, Al Jazeera reported.

She told the New York Times on Friday that she was disappointed by the court’s “obvious injustice” in its decision.

“I, as a woman, should be protected, but then I was the one who became the victim,” Nuril told the Times. "People should know that when we get harassed, there is no place to take refuge.”

The Times reported that Nuril’s boss has never been punished for harassing her and instead has been promoted repeatedly.

President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, who recently won a second term in office, said earlier that Nuril could seek clemency from him if she did not find justice through a judicial review.

On Friday, the president told reporters that he would not comment on the Supreme Court ruling, but that Nuril should apply for amnesty as soon as possible so that his office could assume legal authority over her case.

https://www.aetv.com/real-crime/a-se...r-neighborhood

In June 2017 Karin Ahrman of Ocala, Florida, received a flyer in her mailbox notifying her that a registered sex offender had moved to her neighborhood. Ahrman, who has a 13-year-old son, soon realized his home was only a few houses away—not only close to her home, but also to other homes with children as well as two schools. Ahrman asked around to see if other neighbors received the flyer and discovered it had only been distributed to a few houses close to the offender. This is when she took matters into her own hands. She talks to A&E Real Crime about her fight to inform her community about their need for vigilance against sexual offenders.

What is your neighborhood like?
    It is really quiet and friendly. When we moved here, 15 years ago, it was all senior citizens. Now the houses are being sold to younger families. On this block, there’s an apartment building with a lot of kids, and these kids walk past [the offender’s] house to and from elementary school every day. The reason I put the sign out was for the kids to know to watch for him and for parents to be aware, because we only got the notice within 12 houses of him. It didn’t go very far around the neighborhood. I walked two blocks down and asked if they got it, and they didn’t.

What upset you the most?
    I was shocked that [this man] can be that close to schools. That’s my main thing. And children live right next door to him! How is that possible? …[If you’re a registered sex offender in Florida, the rules are] you can’t be within 1,000 feet of a school, you can’t go to a playground, you have to stay, I think it’s 1,000 feet from a playground or anywhere where kids live or congregate, such as libraries, ice cream parlors and toy stores.

Some jurisdictions have community notification meetings where they might tell you what kind of supervision an offender is under or what restrictions he has. Did yours?
    No. We had to look him up on the federal sex-offender site. He’s not just a person that has offended once. He’s identified as a predator on the site. He has multiple convictions—not accusations, convictions. He did time. He got out [of prison] then he did it again, and did more time. Now he’s down my street.

What happened after you started telling people?
    When he first got here, I posted the information on my Facebook page. A friend of mine contacted me privately. She said that she has relatives with children (10 to 12 years old) who go to this house after school. The family had no idea that they were going to the house of a predator and staying there two or three hours. Without my post, they would never have known to pull the kids out of there.

When you put the sign out in your front yard, what kind of reaction did you get?
    That was kind of mixed. And I had to fight my husband about it. I literally told him, ‘We will divorce over this sign. The sign will stay here.’ I was molested when I was four. I was raped when I was 12, so this is personal to me.

We have [the offender’s] picture on the sign. And I only put what was public knowledge on it. People tried getting me to take it down. They called the police. And [the police] all said that it’s perfectly legal. It’s no different from me putting up a political sign, a religious sign or whatever, because it’s my property. It was the facts that were put in my mailbox. It was public knowledge.

On the National Sex Offender Public Registry website there is a disclaimer that says, ‘Any person who uses information contained in…this Website to threaten, intimidate, or harass any individual, including registrants or family members, or who otherwise misuses this information may be subject to criminal prosecution or civil liability under federal and/or state law.’ Did anyone claim that you were harassing the guy?
    Somebody did say, ‘You know, you could be charged with harassment.’ And I said, ‘How am I harassing him? I’m not going to his house. I’m not threatening him. I’m not speaking to him. I’m not interacting with him.’ He did come here to interact with me once, and I told him the facts. ‘It’s my driveway. Do not stop here. Do not call here.’

Did he say why he came to talk to you?
    At first, I had 100 flyers printed up and I put them on every telephone pole between my house and all of the schools, and he was right behind me ripping them down. He stopped and asked, ‘Why are you doing this?’ And I said, ‘Because they need to know about you. Go ahead and tear the flyers down, because the next sign is going to be even bigger.’ That’s when I put my yard sign up. I bet he’s wishing he would have left up the little flyers with his picture on them. They were so small, you could barely see it. Now his face is all over.

Do you plan on doing anything else to spread the word?
    There’s really not much else I can do, because then I would be charged with harassment. I did have some professionals contact me that wanted me to get a crowd together so they could do a free presentation for kids to teach them a few things [about safety] when dealing with strangers]. [Unfortunately] I couldn’t even round up a class of 30.

Did your neighbors complain that you were bringing down their property value and things like that?
    I had a lot of people say that. ‘Oh, you’re just hurting the neighborhood.’ And I’m like, ‘I’m not! He is! There’s the problem in the neighborhood—not me.’

Did you look on the NSOPR website to see how many other convicted sexual offenders were within a radius of your house? [Editor’s note: You can do this in Florida, but information is not available for every state.]
    I didn’t. It’s not like I want to cause a problem for everyone. I want my son to be very aware. He’s autistic on top of being [the offender’s] target age. He’s not street smart and he’s been very protected. He’s watched very closely, but not all kids are that lucky.

I was one of those kids that wasn’t that lucky. I suffered [sexual abuse] twice for that. So, if I can save one child—just one—from that, then it’s worth whatever the neighborhood wants to throw at me.

What is mysogynistic about this story?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    What is mysogynistic about this story?
    This Woman is a Neighborhood watchman and her neighbors blame hero blame her over the notifications of an offender.

Did he say why he came to talk to you?
    At first, I had 100 flyers printed up and I put them on every telephone pole between my house and all of the schools, and he was right behind me ripping them down. He stopped and asked, ‘Why are you doing this?’ And I said, ‘Because they need to know about you. Go ahead and tear the flyers down, because the next sign is going to be even bigger.’ That’s when I put my yard sign up. I bet he’s wishing he would have left up the little flyers with his picture on them. They were so small, you could barely see it. Now his face is all over.

Do you plan on doing anything else to spread the word?
    There’s really not much else I can do, because then I would be charged with harassment. I did have some professionals contact me that wanted me to get a crowd together so they could do a free presentation for kids to teach them a few things [about safety] when dealing with strangers]. [Unfortunately] I couldn’t even round up a class of 30.

Did your neighbors complain that you were bringing down their property value and things like that?
    I had a lot of people say that. ‘Oh, you’re just hurting the neighborhood.’ And I’m like, ‘I’m not! He is! There’s the problem in the neighborhood—not me.’

I'm not sure where you expect them to go. They are on the sex offender registry and it's super easy to look up offenders in your area. Harassing them just puts them underground. Let them be but be aware, inform your kids. Let your neighbors make their own choices. You never heard of keeping your enemies close? You need to worry more about the offenders that haven't been caught and put on a list.

Yeah, I don't think they were disagreeing with her because they were misogynistic, I think this lady went a little off the deep end. As Mary said, where do you want the SO to go? News flash, they live all around you. Also, everyone has this idea too that the sex offender down the block is the devil, but at the same time Grandpa is in the back room diddling your kid and everyone wants to be in denial about.

Anyway, if you want to do all vigilante crazy, put it in the vigilante thread and leave this one for it's true purpose. Misogyny makes me furious, but this isn't the place to come and talk about lynching people, death squads, etc.

Thread Information