Thread: Misogynistic bullshit!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Whoa, I would be super pissed. Anything the size of a softball is going to be painful because it's occupying space and pressing against things. My ovarian cysts hurt like a bitch, and they were the size of grapes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    A softball size cyst has to hurt. There is no way it wouldn't.
    It only makes sense. My cyst is literally the size of my kidney, and to make matters worse, there are three cysts on that kidney. The second one is behind the first and much smaller, like the size of a golf ball, and the third is like a marble (at the bottom of the kidney). I had another MRI today: The kidney is totally misshapen, but functioning fine.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I went though some issues 2 years ago where they kept referring me to several different doctors (ENT, neurologist, ortho) for dizzyness, and I ended up with 6 MRI's, and in the end it finally just stopped. I never got an answer. Dr. Google and I think it was a pinched nerve due in my neck due to my scoliosis and slipped disks, but none of the docs could agree on anything. I felt like they were just dismissing my complaints because it wasn't an obvious, easy answer.

Can you just ask them to remove the cyst, even though it's "not painful"?
    Short answer, no - it would be unethical to conduct a needless operation (or so I've been told). Don't know how they get away with cosmetic surgery, maybe because insurance isn't usually involved? Their whole argument is one in four people have renal cysts and most people don't even know they have them because the cysts are harmless and asymptomatic (true); and it's not impairing my kidney function (I'm grateful). So basically, just live with it. This was from The Cleveland Clinic.

Like you, RBW, I feel like my complaints are being dismissed - like they think I'm crazy or something. I don't know how anyone can look at that MRI and tell me that cyst is not the cause of my pain. Fuck, it LOOKS painful! It feels like someone has their fist jammed up under my rib cage. I can't eat more than a couple of bites at a time, I can't sleep on my right side, can't wear anything with a waistband, can't bend over, and there is a constant ache in my back and kidney, like a giant dull toothache. Two years now.

Sorry for whining about this, but seriously, I'm at my wit's end and spending the day getting the MRI has my britches in a twist. Damned good thing I have a sunny disposition.
    Last edited by KimTisha; 06-28-2020 at 04:45 PM.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information