Thread: Kierra Coles (27) missing from Chicago, IL since 10/2/18

Kierra Coles (27) missing from Chicago, IL since 10/2/18

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/wo...south-chicago/

Kierra Coles, 27, was last seen Oct. 2 near 82nd Street and Coles Avenue, according to a missing person alert from Chicago police.

Coles was described as a 5-foot-4, 125-pound black woman with brown eyes, black hair and a medium brown complexion, police said. She has a tattoo of a heard on her right hand and one that reads ?Lucky Libra? on her back.

Anyone with information about her was asked to call 911 or the Area South Special Victims Unit at (312) 747-8274.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    She is beautiful.

Here is her FB, which is pretty much locked down: https://www.facebook.com/Rio.Kierra.love

https://wgntv.com/2018/10/08/south-c...nearly-a-week/

According to relatives, Coles is pregnant and works as a US Postal carrier. She hasn't reported to work in nearly a week, and her car remains parked at her home.
    That doesn't sound good.

https://wgntv.com/2018/10/09/video-s...was-last-seen/

Surveillance video shows a pregnant woman who has been missing from South Chicago for nearly a week dressed in her work uniform on the day she was last seen.

A neighbor’s surveillance video shows Kierra Coles, 26, dressed in her U.S. Post Service uniform, heading to work on Tuesday, Oct. 9. In the video, she passes her car and goes across the street then disappears out of frame. She was last seen near 82nd Street and Coles Avenue.

“She seen something that made her turn around that fast and cross the street and her car was on the other side of the street,” Dan Perkins, her mother’s boyfriend, said.

Even though she was dressed for work, a U.S. Post Office spokesperson said she called in sick that morning.

Her sister, Kimberly Phillips, and other family and friends passed out flyers on Tuesday asking for help finding Coles. Phillips last saw her sister when she picked her up from work last Monday. Her mother called Thursday and asked if she had talked to her.

“I immediately went to Snapchat. She snapped everywhere and I saw there was no story, so it kind of puzzled me,” Phillips said.

Phillips contacted her boyfriend, the father of Coles' unborn child. Coles was three months pregnant and expecting her first child, according to relatives.

I wonder if the police are looking at her boyfriend as a person of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I wonder if the police are looking at her boyfriend as a person of interest.
    Anytime a pregnant woman goes missing I always suspect the father of the baby.

It sounds like she was stable, and had a fairly normal life. I was hoping at first that she just disappeared for a few days to get away, but it's soundly less and less likely that this was voluntary.

https://wgntv.com/2018/10/14/mail-ca...postal-worker/

Mail carriers join search for missing postal worker

Nearly two weeks after 27-year-old Kierra Coles was last seen, her fellow postal workers joined the search effort Sunday in Chatham, passing out flyers with hopes someone will recognize her.

Her close friends, family and co-workers say they're especially worried because Coles is normally in close contact and accessible on social media platforms like Snapchat, according to Mack Julion, President of the National Association of Letter Carriers' Chicago chapter.

"And so it was very unusual for her to come up missing. So we're not going to rest until we find her," Julion said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...015-story.html

The U.S. Postal Inspection Service is offering up to $25,000 for information about a pregnant 26-year-old letter carrier who has been missing for nearly two weeks.

Kierra Coles was last seen Oct. 2 near her home in the 8100 block of South Vernon Avenue in the South Side’s Chatham neighborhood, according to Chicago police.

Coles, who has worked as a mail carrier for about three years, is about three months pregnant, her mother, Karen Phillips, said.

The Postal Inspection Service, the investigative arm of the U.S. Postal Service, announced the reward Monday. Spokeswoman Julie Kenney said the Postal Inspection Service has launched a joint investigation into Coles’ disappearance along with the Chicago Police Department.

Kenney said the agency investigates crimes against its employees, among other things, though she said Coles was not on duty when she went missing.

“At this point, anything is possible,” Kenney said on the scope of the investigation. “We’re just looking for information.”

The Chicago branch of the National Association of Letter Carriers also posted a $2,500 reward, in addition to an $1,000 reward posted by a local activist, officials said.
    Kennedy said the post office told family members Coles called off work on Wednesday. She said the family wanted to confirm on her cellphone that she was the one who called in, but couldn’t access the phone due to a passcode.

Kennedy said Coles had a lunch bag in her car, as if she had planned to go to work on Wednesday.

“This is so out of character for her, and we’re scared,” she said.

Coles loves working as a mail carrier and worked hard to become a permanent employee, Phillips said. She planned to get pregnant once she secured steady employment.

“Everything was looking good for her,” Phillips said. “Everything was how she planned it.”

I am going to share this FB page, which has a lot of accusations on it associated with the father of Kierra's baby whom the person running the page says is also missing. Apparently he worked at the same Post Office as Kierra and his long-term girlfriend (also missing) worked there as well. Crazy reading overall.

https://www.facebook.com/arianna.nicole.7503

I am going to share this FB page, which has a lot of accusations on it associated with the father of Kierra's baby whom the person running the page says is also missing. Apparently he worked at the same Post Office as Kierra and his long-term girlfriend (also missing) worked there as well. Crazy reading overall.

Boyfriend sounds like a charmer. Seems he's knocked up the entire tristate area.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

That's some crazy shit on that page. Missing Kierra was in a relationship for 6-7 years with Josh who was also in a relationship with Kiara. Josh had custody of his daughter from a previous relationship and was raising her with Kiara along with their biological child and both Kierra and Kira were pregnant with Josh's child?!?! Wow! And first Kierra goes missing and now Josh and Kira can't be found. That doesn't look suspicious at all.

Quote Originally Posted by poeticchaos View Post
    That's some crazy shit on that page. Missing Kierra was in a relationship for 6-7 years with Josh who was also in a relationship with Kiara. Josh had custody of his daughter from a previous relationship and was raising her with Kiara along with their biological child and both Kierra and Kira were pregnant with Josh's child?!?! Wow! And first Kierra goes missing and now Josh and Kira can't be found. That doesn't look suspicious at all.
    I know!!! This screams Lifetime movie.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/18/us/mi...les/index.html

Chicago police said in a statement they "suspect possible foul play" in the 27-year-old's disappearance because she has been missing for more than two weeks. The reward for information leading to Coles' whereabouts is now more than $28,000.
    The US Postal Inspection Service, the law enforcement arm of the US Postal Service, offered a $25,000 reward this week for information that could help find Coles.
    Coles' union, the National Association of Letter Carriers, added another $3,500 to the reward pool. That includes a $1,000 contribution from community activists, Mack Julion, president of the union's Chicago branch told HLN, CNN's sister station.

https://wgntv.com/2018/11/30/volunte...postal-worker/

On Friday, volunteers including friends and coworkers searched the nearby Whistler Woods Forest Preserve in Riverdale after getting several tips about the forest preserve.

A reward for information in the case has grown to $30,000. Police are asking anyone with any information to contact them or leave a tip at cpdtip.com.
    https://abc7chicago.com/search-for-m...inues/4800526/

The search party did discover bones in the area, but it was unclear whether they were human or the remains of Kierra Coles. Area South detectives took possession of the bones to determine whether they were human, according to Chicago Police Department spokesperson Anthony Guglielmi.

Uugh this is so sad...what a beautiful woman...I knew from reading the first article that she wasn?t the one that called in...you don?t get dressed in your work uniform with lunch packed, heading to your car and then call in..the baby daddy and the other chick definitely plotted to kill her

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...kierra-n981976

Chicago police narrow down persons of interest in disappearance of expectant mother Kierra Coles

In the months since Kierra’s disappearance, authorities have searched areas in and around the city of Chicago. Anthony Guglielmi, Chief Communications Officer at the Chicago Police Department, says there have been no signs of life since Kierra was last seen.

Kierra’s father Joseph told Dateline his daughter’s phone and prenatal vitamins were found in her car. Since Kierra’s disappearance, Joseph said he has quit his job in Wisconsin and moved to Chicago to search “day and night” for his daughter.

“I’m trying to stand out here and stay strong for my daughter and my grandbaby,” he said. “I do my daily routine – pass out fliers, trying to get the word out. There’s a lot of love in this family. There is no way in hell she would run away.”

Authorities – who Kierra’s father is confident will get answers in his daughter’s case – told Dateline they, too, suspect foul play in the young woman’s disappearance.

“We have a pretty good idea of what transpired. Now it’s a matter of finding evidence,” Chief Guglielmi told Dateline. “We are out of the opinion business. We base everything we do on fact and evidence. A detective’s personal opinion, quite frankly, doesn’t matter.”

Chief Guglielmi said police know there is “a minimum of two or three people of interest” who were the last to see Kierra before she disappeared.

“We’ve narrowed down our group here to a personal associate of hers -- a friend -- who was one of the last people to see her,” he told Dateline. Chief Guglielmi declined to comment on that person’s name, how Kierra knows them, or the other associated people of interest. “We haven’t found her yet, and that puts us in a difficult position.”

https://wgntv.com/2019/03/14/due-dat...hold-out-hope/

Due date near for missing pregnant postal worker; community continues to hold out hope

It's been more than five months since a pregnant postal worker Kierra Coles went missing.

She is pregnant with a son. Her due date is April 23.

Community activist Andrew Holmes has been helping Coles’s family since the beginning and said speaking at the gathering was just another way to keep spreading the word. They do not want this to be a cold case.

“You all are eyes and ears as postal carriers,” he said. “Talk to people, your postal sister and we got to find her.”

There is a $25,000 reward for any information that leads to Coles.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/kierra-col...ry?id=62675957

It's now been more than 10 days since Coles was expected to give birth, and Phillips said she tries to remain positive as her suspicions run high towards her daughter's boyfriend.

"I never pointed fingers at him in the beginning, but all this time as passed...I haven't heard anything from him since the day the police went to do the wellness check. I haven't seen him around town, nothing," said Phillips, adding, "He must have something to do with it and this."
    (MORE: Urgent search for missing postal worker gone without a trace)

Guglielmi confirmed with ABC News that Coles' boyfriend remains a person of interest "given he may have been one of the last individuals to see her," but wouldn't comment any further.

Numerous efforts by ABC News to reach the boyfriend were unsuccessful.

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/201...-investigation

The father of Kierra Coles, a 26-year-old postal worker who was three months pregnant when she went missing in Chicago in October 2018, is urging police to do more to help solve his daughter's case.

"I just want my baby to come home, along with my grandbaby that I never got to meet," Joseph Coles said at a news conference on Monday. Kierra Coles was due to give birth in April.

“Do I believe there is more the police should be doing? Yes. But they are telling me they are working on the case,” said the heartbroken father. “We’re getting to the point where they’re at a brick wall, they don’t have any more information. Right now, they have no more leads.”

https://wgntv.com/2019/10/02/pregnan...-1-year-later/

Wednesday marks one year to the day since the unexplained disappearance of a pregnant South Chicago postal worker.

Kierra Coles, 26, was last seen near 81st Street and Vernon Avenue on Oct. 2, 2018. A neighbor’s surveillance video shows her heading to work in her U.S. Post Service uniform.

Even though she was dressed for work, a U.S. Post Office spokesperson said she called in sick that morning.

Family went to her apartment at 81st Street and Vernon Avenue to check on her when they couldn’t reach her, and noticed she hadn’t been active on Snapchat, which she usually was. A missing person’s alert from Chicago police went out soon after.

Coles was three months pregnant, expecting her first child, relatives said. Her due date was April 23, but the fate of her and her child remain unknown.

“I want the world to know I’m hurt,” Joseph Coles, Kierra’s father, said at a press conference in July. “I just want my baby to come home, along with my grandbaby that I never got to meet.”

A $49,500 reward is being offered for information leading to an arrest in the case, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

Joseph Coles told the Sun-Times in July that he believes the father of her child and his girlfriend may be involved in the disappearance.

Thread Information