Thread: Candice Locke (29) ran screaming to a house where Corey Christensen (37) and Tom Davey (27) were watching football. They let her in, and not long after they were stabbed to death

Candice Locke (29) ran screaming to a house where Corey Christensen (37) and Tom Davey (27) were watching football. They let her in, and not long after they were stabbed to death

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-16-2022 at 07:32 PM.

I am so confused by all this.

It makes it seem like she knocked on the door seeking safety, they let her in, and some dudes ran up and started fighting, killing the 2 occupants.

But then it said the home is occupied by someone else, who doesn't know any of the people. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I actually had to edit this one yesterday after I posted it. Initial reports said Dean Webber would be charged. Then they backtracked and said he had been released without charge. And now today, they are saying he did it in self defense. Sooooo weird

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I am so confused by all this.

It makes it seem like she knocked on the door seeking safety, they let her in, and some dudes ran up and started fighting, killing the 2 occupants.

But then it said the home is occupied by someone else, who doesn't know any of the people. WTF?

I read a bunch of articles and it’s still confusing me. From what I can gather, Candice was at a house with her boyfriend, (Davy) and his friend (Christensen), possibly at a gathering to watch a rugby final. Somehow her shoulder was dislocated there, and she ran out to the 19 year old’s home. He let her in, and after that the two men (maybe more?) ran to his house. They were stabbed outside, possibly by the teenager and possibly in self defence. The teenager apparently didn’t know the dead guys. Also, her dad used to be a rugby player. I don’t know how much of that is accurate though since the media have reported on it pretty poorly and the police haven’t helped matters much.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Very strange story, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I read a bunch of articles and it’s still confusing me. From what I can gather, Candice was at a house with her boyfriend, (Davy) and his friend (Christensen), possibly at a gathering to watch a rugby final. Somehow her shoulder was dislocated there, and she ran out to the 19 year old’s home. He let her in, and after that the two men (maybe more?) ran to his house. They were stabbed outside, possibly by the teenager and possibly in self defence. The teenager apparently didn’t know the dead guys. Also, her dad used to be a rugby player. I don’t know how much of that is accurate though since the media have reported on it pretty poorly and the police haven’t helped matters much.
    Seems like the 2 guys who were stabbed and killed are beng portrayed as heroes by trying to rescue her (letting her into the house) but the whole "it was someone else's house and that person didn't know the guys" thing is what is confusing me.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Seems like the 2 guys who were stabbed and killed are beng portrayed as heroes by trying to rescue her (letting her into the house) but the whole "it was someone else's house and that person didn't know the guys" thing is what is confusing me.
    I thought she ran into the 19-year-old's home?

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I thought she ran into the 19-year-old's home?
    That's another confusing thing. The 2 guys killed let her in, ended up dead....but then it says a 19 year old was the resident and he didn't know the 2 guys or the girl? SO confused lol.

That's another confusing thing. The 2 guys killed let her in, ended up dead....but then it says a 19 year old was the resident and he didn't know the 2 guys or the girl? SO confused lol.
    Me too.

See, it's already more interesting because we're all super confused!

Okay so these 2 dudes weren't "heroes" trying to help the woman. They were going after her, and the 19 year old let her in.

Think the title needs to be changed...

Okay so these 2 dudes weren't "heroes" trying to help the woman. They were going after her, and the 19 year old let her in.

Think the title needs to be changed...
    Ooh that makes sense.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Never mind
    Last edited by puke; 10-10-2018 at 06:27 AM.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

The young man stabbed out in the dark and killed them? What are the chances? And how traumatizing for him to be doing what he thought was right by helping someone and now he has to live with the fact that he killed 2 people, albeit in self-defense.

Is it normal in Australia for the police to tell people who call 000 "Nah, we gotta sit and watch these dudes in jail." And then take 40 minutes to arrive after he called a second time?
    Sarcastic. Skeptic Tank. Self-deprecating.

Quote Originally Posted by Non_Saepe View Post
    The young man stabbed out in the dark and killed them? What are the chances? And how traumatizing for him to be doing what he thought was right by helping someone and now he has to live with the fact that he killed 2 people, albeit in self-defense.

Is it normal in Australia for the police to tell people who call 000 "Nah, we gotta sit and watch these dudes in jail." And then take 40 minutes to arrive after he called a second time?

I'm guessing it's a super small force in out in a very rural area. Once they take a prisoner into custody they are tied up until they finish. Distances are so large between towns that there is no backup and it takes a long time for help to arrive in any situation. I have seen departments here in the US that worked like that.

We wait a long time for police where I am - even with someone chasing someone up & down the street with a butcher's knife they took hours. & it took the emergency operator 15mins to get the local station to even pick up the call in the first place.

We're about a 30-40min drive from the closest police though - Alva Beach is only 14mins from the closest one. & I'm not 100% certain they were actually supposed to tell them to wait - because they managed to drop everything & get their arses there after it all went to hell.

It seems like maybe they were trying to judge the urgency of the call over the phone & they gambled on it being non-urgent just because it was a big inconvenience for them at the time ( I could be wrong though because I don't have any experience of regional QLD police)

There are a bunch of sympathetic articles tonight from local newspapers, talking about how traumatised the officers are. Maybe the ones who responded to the scene aren't the same ones who told the victims to ride it out, but if they are, at least part of their trauma is probably guilt - & fear of the oncoming po!ice standards review if they were supposed to organise an immediate response

(I'd link the articles but they're all paywalled at the moment, just search "Ayr police, traumatised, Alva beach" or something along those lines & they should all come up).

Thread Information