Page 652 of 1080 FirstFirst ... 152 552 602 642 650 651 652 653 654 662 702 752 ... LastLast
Results 16,276 to 16,300 of 26991

Thread: Celeb Gossip

Quote Originally Posted by TheFavoriteDaughter View Post
    Believe it or not, being a white, middle class female makes it extremely difficult to get scholarships. I know, first world problems but I was turned down for many scholarships because of that and I was struggling just as much as the next schmuck. But.... scholarships are completely private. People can give them to whom they want for whatever reason they want. Shit's too regulated as it is.
    He deserved it based on the requirements of the scholarship. Whether anyone likes it or not.
    I had to drop out of college at the end of my freshman year because I couldn't afford to make the monthly installment payments required of me, even though I was waiting tables 6 nights a week and taking 21 credits. I was maxed out on loans my very first year so the school ponied up the remainder (which they didn't defer, hence the monthly payments) and I qualified for exactly ZERO financial aid.
    My parents both came from very little and worked their way up, paying their own way through college. They felt that it made them better people both morally and in the sense of building better work ethic. So although they were making nearly 500k combined by the time I graduated high school, they refused to provide any financial help with college. My oldest brother entered the military, my middle brother had an insurance settlement from being hit by a drunk driver, I just kind of got fucked over. I had to wait until I was 23 (?) to be considered independent from my parents assets in the eyes of the government and qualify for financial aid. So I dropped out of college qne started working full time. I had my daughter right before my 22nd birthday, so I started college again because then I qualified out the ass. It took a long ass time and to be totally honest, I'm still somewhat resentful of my parents for purposely making my educational experience so difficult. What I learned from them: that I won't be doing this shit to my kids.

tl/dr: the financial situation of parents don't always have bearing on the financial situation of the student

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar
    I went to community college until I was 25. I finally qualified for assistance when I was 24. I didn't get any help before because my parents made too much (they're teachers!). I hardly got any scholarships even though I had a 4.0 GPA until last year. Fortunately, I only had to take out loans for my last 2 years so I'll only have $20,000 in student loan debt. Until I start a graduate program.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by TheFavoriteDaughter View Post
    I went to community college until I was 25. I finally qualified for assistance when I was 24. I didn't get any help before because my parents made too much (they're teachers!). I hardly got any scholarships even though I had a 4.0 GPA until last year. Fortunately, I only had to take out loans for my last 2 years so I'll only have $20,000 in student loan debt. Until I start a graduate program.
    I started my master's program a few months ago. Fuck it. FUCK IT. I swear to god I have higher ed PTSD. The only thing that keeps me going is remembering I only have 21 (part time) credits to go.

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

Scholarship shit has changed. I seriously got a scholarship for basically being a tall writer girl, there were that many philanthropists at the time. I am inclined to agree with TFD that whether it seems fair or not, he got this scholarship because it was automatically awarded to whomever earned the place he did, and so it's not like it could go to someone else. That said, it would be nice if P Diddy was like 'hey how about I offer a scholarship to an academic since I shit money?'

My friend pointed out to me that rich white males get this kind of thing all the time without there being such an outcry. If you read the comments, there's definitely an 'WELL WE LIVE IN AN OBAMA BLACK MONKEY NATION THEY TAKE CARE OF THEM PEOPLES' vibe to the reason people are so pissed.

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Scholarship shit has changed. I seriously got a scholarship for basically being a tall writer girl, there were that many philanthropists at the time. I am inclined to agree with TFD that whether it seems fair or not, he got this scholarship because it was automatically awarded to whomever earned the place he did, and so it's not like it could go to someone else. That said, it would be nice if P Diddy was like 'hey how about I offer a scholarship to an academic since I shit money?'

My friend pointed out to me that rich white males get this kind of thing all the time without there being such an outcry. If you read the comments, there's definitely an 'WELL WE LIVE IN AN OBAMA BLACK MONKEY NATION THEY TAKE CARE OF THEM PEOPLES' vibe to the reason people are so pissed.

I want to quit this society sometimes.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

Quite right, Bowie. And if [insert white politician here] were in office, they'd still be up in arms except it would be over "that damned affirmative action!".
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

UCLA football scholarship for 'Diddy' Combs' son
    LOS ANGELES, Fri Jun 01, 06:49 PM
    Justin Combs, the 18-year-old son of hip-hop mogul Sean "Diddy" Combs, will attend UCLA on a $54,000 football scholarship.
    It is one of 285 athletic scholarships the university hands out every year.
    It comes at a time when student fees are rising and a year after the university had to use more than $2 million in student fees to cover an athletic department funding gap.
    Money for Combs' scholarship will not affect need-based scholarships awarded by the university, UCLA spokesman Ricardo Vazquez told the Los Angeles Times.
    "There is a big separation between financial aid based on need and how that's funded and how athletic scholarships are funded and awarded to students," he said, noting that athletic scholarships come from athletic department ticket sales, corporate partnerships, media contracts and private donations.
    The newspaper said Justin Combs defended taking the scholarship on Twitter: "Regardless what the circumstances are, I put that work in!!!! ... PERIOD."
    The senior Combs is worth an estimated $475 million and gave his son a $360,000 Maybach car for his 16th birthday, the Times said.
    Justin Combs, a 5-foot-9, 170-pound defensive back, graduated from New Rochelle Iona Prep in New York with a 3.75 grade point average. He also had scholarship offers from Illinois, Virginia and Wyoming.
    If needy students are unaffected, there is no problem, said Emily Resnick, outgoing president of UCLA's Undergraduate Students Association. "If his athletic abilities deserve it, then more power to him."

Joelle Gamble, who will graduate from the university in a few weeks, said the scholarship could be considered an investment since UCLA would probably benefit by the celebrity Combs could bring to the school.
    "It's how college athletics works. This is how we're going to get money," she said.

A few years ago, former Southern California basketball coach Tim Floyd said fame was a factor when he offered a scholarship to rapper Master P's son, Romeo, for the 2008-2009 season. But Romeo left the team in 2010 after playing just 19 minutes in two seasons as a Trojan.
    ___
    Information from: Los Angeles Times, http://www.latimes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Pajamas View Post
    I had to drop out of college at the end of my freshman year because I couldn't afford to make the monthly installment payments required of me, even though I was waiting tables 6 nights a week and taking 21 credits. I was maxed out on loans my very first year so the school ponied up the remainder (which they didn't defer, hence the monthly payments) and I qualified for exactly ZERO financial aid.
    My parents both came from very little and worked their way up, paying their own way through college. They felt that it made them better people both morally and in the sense of building better work ethic. So although they were making nearly 500k combined by the time I graduated high school, they refused to provide any financial help with college. My oldest brother entered the military, my middle brother had an insurance settlement from being hit by a drunk driver, I just kind of got fucked over. I had to wait until I was 23 (?) to be considered independent from my parents assets in the eyes of the government and qualify for financial aid. So I dropped out of college qne started working full time. I had my daughter right before my 22nd birthday, so I started college again because then I qualified out the ass. It took a long ass time and to be totally honest, I'm still somewhat resentful of my parents for purposely making my educational experience so difficult. What I learned from them: that I won't be doing this shit to my kids.

tl/dr: the financial situation of parents don't always have bearing on the financial situation of the student
    Girl, I feel you. My parents didn't have enough money to pay for all of their kids college (which was understandable). But it sucked because I had to use their income info until I was 24 and never qualified for financial aid. There were students I knew who made more than me who got financial aid when I didn't. I finished my general ed classes and earned an AA when I was 22. I couldn't afford to transfer to a University, so I put it off. I'm 26 now and plan on applying for Fall 2013. I hope I can get in, a lot of the California State schools are blocking admission right now because of funding. I hope I qualify for at least some Scholarships based on my grades alone.

I can see why you have resentment for what happened, I would feel the same way if my parents had enough money to pay, but didn't help. It's not like you wanted money from them to party in the dorms and fail your classes. You sound like you genuinely wanted to get an education (hence why you took out so many student loans). I'm sorry you didn't get the financial help, but I'm so glad that didn't hold you back from going back to school.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Pajamas View Post

i'd be resentful as fuck, too. O.o i mean, don't most parents want more for their child than what they themselves had? i will never do that to my kid. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Kristen Stewart: ‘I look like s–t in half my photos’ – and I don’t care

If there's one thing you can say about Kristen Stewart, it's that she's unconventional … and unapologetic. The actress, who rarely ever smiles and often chooses sneakers over heels on the red carpet, gets a glam makeover in the July issue of Vanity Fair, but just because her outside was polished for the photo shoot, her true inner self remained the same. "I have been criticized a lot for not looking perfect in every photograph," she complains. "I get some serious s--t about it. I'm not embarrassed about it. I'm proud of it. If I took perfect pictures all the time, the people standing in the room with me, or on the carpet, would think,' What an actress! What a faker!' That thought embarrasses me so much that I look like s--t in half my photos, and I don't give a f--k. What matters to me is that the people in the room leave and say, 'She was cool. She had a good time. She was honest.' I don't care about the voracious, starving s--t eaters who want to turn truth into s--t."

Kristen Stewart's Best Red Carpet Looks

And that's not all Stewart, 22, wants to get off her chest. In the interview, which is to promote her upcoming film, "On the Road," she also reveals that she and Robert Pattinson, her "Twilight" love and real-life boyfriend, were originally criticized for being their usual non-happy selves during filming. "Me and Rob got into a lot of trouble," she says. "We were getting notes from the studio. They wanted me to smile all the time. They wanted Rob to be not so brooding. We were like, 'No! You need to brood your ass off.'" Pattinson defends his girlfriend to Vanity Fair, saying that she does indeed smile, but that the media chooses not to use those photos because "people have decided how they're going to perceive her."

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/aline/kri...044738778.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Say what??

Who fucking knew these two were at it?? And over the BP oil spill.. fuck me.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/04/showbi...html?hpt=ju_c2

(CNN) -- Lawyers for Kevin Costner and Stephen Baldwin began choosing jurors Monday to decide a legal dispute between the two actors stemming from the 2010 Gulf oil spill.

Baldwin and a New Orleans businessman say Costner and others tricked them into selling their stock in a company that made oil spill cleanup machines the same week BP placed a $52 million order for the technology.

The judge has ordered both actors to attend each day of the trial, which is being heard in a federal court in New Orleans.

The oil separation technology was developed in the 1990s by a company created by Costner, but Baldwin became involved while in New Orleans to produce a documentary about the Deepwater Horizon spill in the Gulf of Mexico in May 2010.

Baldwin and Spyridon Contogouris decided to sell their stock soon after getting it because of differences with other shareholders, according to the lawsuit. They signed an agreement to sell their shares to Patrick Smith, who then transferred them to a company partly owned by Costner, on June 11, 2010.

BP announced on June 15, 2010, it would lease 32 machines from the company.

If Smith and Costner had told them BP was placing a huge order, they would not have sold, the suit said. The 10% of the company that Baldwin sold for $500,000 should have been worth $3.8 million, while the 28% stake sold by Contogouris for $1.4 million was worth $10.6 million, the suit said.

Lawyers for Costner and Smith contend Baldwin and Contogouris sold their stock "with eyes wide open, to get out of a soured business relationship and to invest in other ventures."

They knew that BP might place the order, a defense filing said. It was widely reported in the news and Costner testified about it to Congress two days before the stock sale.

Contrary to trying to trick Baldwin into selling his shares, Costner was "dumbfounded," "flabbergasted" and "furious" when he learned Baldwin and Contogouris had sold out "because it enabled plaintiffs to cash out their interests" before the company had earned any money, the defense filing said.

Costner and Baldwin are both on the list of witnesses expected to testify.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

I can appreciate Kristen Stewart a little more than before I read this article .
    She had me at the first shit.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    Kristen Stewart: ?I look like s?t in half my photos? ? and I don?t care
    http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/aline/kri...044738778.html
    Beat me to the punch. I saw this earlier this morning and though of neener.

Dude, she can't even smile now if she wanted to. She wouldn't be recognizable.

Gwyneth Paltrow tweets back at N-word controversy

Gwyneth Paltrow is urging folks to calm down after some negative feedback from one of her tweets.

On Friday evening, Paltrow furthered her well-documented friendship with Beyonce by joining her at Jay-Z and Kanye West's Paris stop of the Watch the Throne tour.

While jamming, fellow concert-goer The Dream (producer Terius Nash) tweeted a photo of the "Avengers" actress dancing onstage. She tweeted back, "Ni**as in paris for real."

Instant reaction was that Paltrow had no business tweeting the N-word (Paltrow personally inserted the asterisks into the word), but we have to ask -- who doesn't know that "Ni**as In Paris" is the title of a hit Jay-Z and Kanye song?

Paltrow feels the same, responding to backlash by writing, "Hold up. It's the title of the song."

The issue has sparked debate over whether the word was fair to use given its context as a song title. Nash got some heat for defending Paltrow, and even told his own followers that he himself typed Paltrow's controversial reply into her phone.

"Fyi Sorry for the [confusion] I typed Ni**as in paris for real from Gwens Phone my bad...," he wrote. " ... please excuse it! We were lit!"

And this would be the twitter hangover.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,3717826.story

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    Dude, she can't even smile now if she wanted to. She wouldn't be recognizable.
    I bet that totally bums her out. lol

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rachy View Post
    Gwyneth Paltrow tweets back at N-word controversy

Gwyneth Paltrow is urging folks to calm down after some negative feedback from one of her tweets.

On Friday evening, Paltrow furthered her well-documented friendship with Beyonce by joining her at Jay-Z and Kanye West's Paris stop of the Watch the Throne tour.

While jamming, fellow concert-goer The Dream (producer Terius Nash) tweeted a photo of the "Avengers" actress dancing onstage. She tweeted back, "Ni**as in paris for real."

Instant reaction was that Paltrow had no business tweeting the N-word (Paltrow personally inserted the asterisks into the word), but we have to ask -- who doesn't know that "Ni**as In Paris" is the title of a hit Jay-Z and Kanye song?

Paltrow feels the same, responding to backlash by writing, "Hold up. It's the title of the song."

The issue has sparked debate over whether the word was fair to use given its context as a song title. Nash got some heat for defending Paltrow, and even told his own followers that he himself typed Paltrow's controversial reply into her phone.

"Fyi Sorry for the [confusion] I typed Ni**as in paris for real from Gwens Phone my bad...," he wrote. " ... please excuse it! We were lit!"

And this would be the twitter hangover.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,3717826.story
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

haha the best part of this is how they're like SORRY ME AND GWYNETH WERE HIGH AS KITES.

Gwen reminds me of that annoying girl who says they are into everything yet she knows nothing about anything. Also, it seems to me that she never spends time with her husband. They must hate each other.

haha the best part of this is how they're like SORRY ME AND GWYNETH WERE HIGH AS KITES.
    Yo.....with the stars in it!?!? Ni**as!!??
    I swear, this reminds me of when you're a kid, and your folks say "I'll give you something to cry about!"

i love the song niggas in paris, just sayin...
    I don't sell crack, I'm a prostitute.

Quote Originally Posted by okac View Post
    i love the song niggas in paris, just sayin...
    And ironically, I don't know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    And ironically, I don't know it.
    i really like racist, degrading, drug related party music... (not all combined into one but that would probably be ok too)
    I don't sell crack, I'm a prostitute.

:rockon:

Gwenyth is in Raleigh filming Iron Man 3. I may or may not go lurking around downtown until I see her.

Thread Information