Page 625 of 1080 FirstFirst ... 125 525 575 615 623 624 625 626 627 635 675 725 ... LastLast
Results 15,601 to 15,625 of 26991

Thread: Celeb Gossip

I think the proof that he isn't her dad is in the fact that her mom was never murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
    I think the proof that he isn't her dad is in the fact that her mom was never murdered.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
    What Ron said.

I just dont see it as enough of an epidemic to have my first reaction at a puppy gift story be "omg thats stupid"
    You can think whatever you want. It doesn't make me "cynical". I have always thought that a live animal is a stupid gift. Or maybe thoughtless is a better word.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

Really? The greatest and most considerate gift anyone has ever given me was my cat, Charlie. She has been my best friend and a nonstop source of comfort. I never would have gotten an animal considering the emotional state I was in when I received her.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Really? The greatest and most considerate gift anyone has ever given me was my cat, Charlie. She has been my best friend and a nonstop source of comfort. I never would have gotten an animal considering the emotional state I was in when I received her.
    After my dad died one of his friends gave me a cat. I think the timing was the only reason I got to keep it cause my mom isn't a big fan of them.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Cindy Crawford's 10 year old daughter's first modeling job for "Young Versace" campaign

Cindy and daughter Kaia

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ing-debut.html

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

Oh god i want that Versace skirt.
    Im about tall enough to fit in a 10 year olds clothing

I will be washing my kids mouth out with soap if they ever asked for Versace anything. However, I endorse the skirt on you HG..

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

An ex-boyfriend gave me a cat for my birthday. It turned out good, I love the cat, but it was potentially disastrous. I remember my first thought was was not a happy one, it was "OMG what am I going to do with this cat?" I also know someone who was given a dog who didn't want it, and ended up giving it to the pound.

Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    An ex-boyfriend gave me a cat for my birthday. It turned out good, I love the cat, but it was potentially disastrous. I remember my first thought was was not a happy one, it was "OMG what am I going to do with this cat?" I also know someone who was given a dog who didn't want it, and ended up giving it to the pound.
    Sounds like an asshole. I gave my best friend a cat. She loves it. I gave my old roommate a dog. She loves it. I don't know anyone who's been disgusted by being presented with some cuddly loving creature. I try not to be friends with douchebags.

Sounds like an asshole. I gave my best friend a cat. She loves it. I gave my old roommate a dog. She loves it. I don't know anyone who's been disgusted by being presented with some cuddly loving creature. I try not to be friends with douchebags.
    Animals are not just "cuddling loving creatures", they're also a responsibility. What is so douchbaggy about not being ready for such a commitment but having it thrust upon you anyway, and not being happy about it? Although I agree that the person I know who gave the dog to the pound is an asshole (not a friend, just someone I know), it was an example of what can happen to an animal if the receiver doesn't want it. It's better for the person and the animal if it's a decision the person makes and isn't just thrust upon them.

Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    Animals are not just "cuddling loving creatures", they're also a responsibility. What is so douchbaggy about not being ready for such a commitment but having it thrust upon you anyway, and not being happy about it? Although I agree that the person I know who gave the dog to the pound is an asshole (not a friend, just someone I know), it was an example of what can happen to an animal if the receiver doesn't want it. It's better for the person and the animal if it's a decision the person makes and isn't just thrust upon them.
    Yea, if someone plans on giving me a dog, they should just go straight to the pound and eliminate the middleman.

The person who gave that shitty gift?

They obviously didn't like it. That would be like me giving HG a snake.

Didn't HG actually have a pet snake?

Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    No clue.

She just seems so rainbowy that a snake would make her run. But you're probably right, and she loves all creatures, the weirdo.

Which brings up something else, in that most people like to choose their pets, based on breed or just some je ne sais quoi when they see a certain puppy out of a litter or something.

This does not mean that it is impossible for a person to love an animal that is given to them (obviously it can happen as I love my cat that was given to me) but the potential for disaster is a lot higher if an animal is given as a gift without the person knowing anything about it.

bowie, don't you have 2 cats? So if I gave you another one, you'd keep it? How about 2 kittens?

I don't even understand your point. Zeebee was going off on how inconsiderate it is in any case to give a person a pet as a gift. I completely disagree. I think most people give someone an animal when they sense it's what they need the most. I am not friends with crazy people who hurl cats over fences, nor with assholes who have pets put down because they don't want them. To immediately assume that it's this horrible burden misses the point of why someone gives a gift like that. It is very common to present someone who is going through a loss with an animal.

I don't even understand your point. Zeebee was going off on how inconsiderate it is in any case to give a person a pet as a gift. I completely disagree. I think most people give someone an animal when they sense it's what they need the most. I am not friends with crazy people who hurl cats over fences, nor with assholes who have pets put down because they don't want them. To immediately assume that it's this horrible burden misses the point of why someone gives a gift like that. It is very common to present someone who is going through a loss with an animal.
    But it's not necessarily what the person needs, even if you think they do. Yeah, if the person is constantly saying they want a cat or whatever, then yeah, they probably want a cat.

But an animal is a responsibility (not a "horrible burden") and not everyone wants that responsibility. This does not make them assholes or douchebags. I'm thinking of both the animal and the person receiving the animal.

I just think it's best if it's discussed beforehand.
    Last edited by zeebee; 01-19-2012 at 02:15 PM.

What Ron said.

I just dont see it as enough of an epidemic to have my first reaction at a puppy gift story be "omg thats stupid"
    You've apparently never worked/volunteered in a shelter or for a rescue group. :( Sadly, yes. One of the main reason people who are surrendering pets give for dumping them, is: "Stupid thing was a gift from my _____. Never wanted it. Want it gone now." (Where blank is my ex_, The kid's grandparents, aunts, uncles, my brother, my neighbor when I made the mistake of saying the puppies were cute....)
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    OMG you remembered!!

I had a pretty little black & white striped king snake named Jezebel and a fish named King Arthur.

Unfortunately they have both left us to go onto pet heaven

Puzzld: I understand it happens but I would think the epidemic of shelter pets has more to do with no one getting their pups fixed

OMG you remembered!!

I had a pretty little black & white striped king snake named Jezebel and a fish named King Arthur.

Awwww.

Puzzld: I understand it happens but I would think the epidemic of shelter pets has more to do with no one getting their pups fixed
    There's a reason why every holiday season, animal shelters put out ads begging people not to give animals as gifts.

Sorry, I don't look at a puppy Miley Cyrus gave her totally financially capable boyfriend and go WHAT A SELFISH EVIL BITCH. I go 'aw, puppy'.

I had a snake, a huge one. Fucker got out multiple times too. Of course, I move out and the ex finally gives in to giving it away ultimately to some Real World Road Rules Challenge cast member.

/story.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

OMG you remembered!!

Not really. Some people have "oopsie" litters, yes. And some of those end up at the shelter, but not so many as you'd think. The shelter (at least my local shelter) isn't full of cute little baby puppies (kitties born to feral moms yes, but that's a whole different problem) It's full of the 6 month old and on up that people got without thinking, were gifted with, didn't realize that they need training, care and supervision... and a lot of that comes from people who weren't "animal people" ending up with a pet they didn't really want. Yes I've given roomie, and mom dogs on different occasions. Mom after she lost her little dog and wasn't sure she should get another because, well she might not outlive a dog. So I got the dog, gave it to her, told her, I'd take the dog back if there came a time she couldn't take care of it. Roomie? Well my uncle showed up with this dog that was going to the shelter if someone doesn't take him, so I took him in and told Roomie he was her dog. (but I feed him, walk him, train him, pay his vet bills, so we see whose dog he really is)

But I have to say... Someone gives me a snake, rat, or other varmint, they'll be lucky if I just take them to the pound.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Sorry, I don't look at a puppy Miley Cyrus gave her totally financially capable boyfriend and go WHAT A SELFISH EVIL BITCH. I go 'aw, puppy'.
    I didn't either. I said it was a stupid present.

Thread Information