Page 486 of 1080 FirstFirst ... 386 436 476 484 485 486 487 488 496 536 586 986 ... LastLast
Results 12,126 to 12,150 of 26991

Thread: Celeb Gossip

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    Seriously, you are lucky she didn't make you wait 2 hours for her to perform. She has done that 3 times to me.
    Nope, she was there frnt and center. But most of the audience got up and left cause it was right after she allegedly said some racist shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by angelicajustice View Post
    Totally off topic, but I just realized my brother's cat's name is Neens.
    Carry on.
    your brothers cat rules.

Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    You know what's cuter than a girl calling a boy she met three months ago "THE ONE"? An old couple who are still in love. Now that's romantic.
    Meh. New love, old love....its all love, dude. Dont forget, the old couple was once a young couple. I just think its bullshit to say/think it cant be the real thing, or just as valid as people who've been together longer. Even as a 29 year old woman, I caught a lot of shit for knowing that my husband was "the one" after such a short amount of time. I had the same attitude as nikki reed... "i love him and I don't care." And guess what....we made it down the aisle, and i'm still as insanely crazy about him as I was when we first met. Don't misunderstand me here, we still have our issues, but the fact that we haven't stabbed each other yet should count for something.

/twilight defense, and fuck you for making me feel the need to stand up for a fake vampire and the 8th place dude from american idol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    your brothers cat rules.

Meh. New love, old love....its all love, dude. Dont forget, the old couple was once a young couple. I just think its bullshit to say/think it cant be the real thing, or just as valid as people who've been together longer. Even as a 29 year old woman, I caught a lot of shit for knowing that my husband was "the one" after such a short amount of time. I had the same attitude as nikki reed... "i love him and I don't care." And guess what....we made it down the aisle, and i'm still as insanely crazy about him as I was when we first met. Don't misunderstand me here, we still have our issues, but the fact that we haven't stabbed each other yet should count for something.

/twilight defense, and fuck you for making me feel the need to stand up for a fake vampire and the 8th place dude from american idol.
    Yea, but your husband is heterosexual.

Point being, what you call "new love" is usually infatuation and hormones, not love. I'm not saying that it's impossible to develop into a real love, but the odds are against it. It's this belief (bolstered by Hollywood and romance novels) that love is this magical thing that you'll be able to identify immediately that causes people to make rash decisions and marry inappropriate people. Again, note, I'm not saying that it's impossible for it to work out and I'm not judging anybody. We've aaaaaall been there. If it worked out for you, great! You're one of the lucky ones.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Yea, but your husband is heterosexual.
    dammit ron.

Point being, what you call "new love" is usually infatuation and hormones, not love. I'm not saying that it's impossible to develop into a real love, but the odds are against it. It's this belief (bolstered by Hollywood and romance novels) that love is this magical thing that you'll be able to identify immediately that causes people to make rash decisions and marry inappropriate people. Again, note, I'm not saying that it's impossible for it to work out and I'm not judging anybody. We've aaaaaall been there. If it worked out for you, great! You're one of the lucky ones.
    See, I didn't believe in that hollywood/romance novel BS. no one was more astounded than I was about the way I fell in love. When you realize that you have a good, solid connection, "you just know" becomes more than just a cliche. and falling in love and committing quickly isn't always a bad thing...my dad proposed to my mom after being together for only 5 months, my husbands parents were married after only 3 months together. They've all been married 30+ years. :)
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop

My parents got engaged two weeks after they met.

My dad cheated on my mom most of their marriage.

So.

No cheating in our families. That we know of. Lol. They'd be divorced by now if there had been cheating. neither of my parents would tolerate that shit.

See, I didn't believe in that hollywood/romance novel BS. no one was more astounded than I was about the way I fell in love. When you realize that you have a good, solid connection, "you just know" becomes more than just a cliche. and falling in love and committing quickly isn't always a bad thing...my dad proposed to my mom after being together for only 5 months, my husbands parents were married after only 3 months together. They've all been married 30+ years. :)
    A successful marriage is the combination of love, luck, determination and hard work. People often forget the determination and hard work part and believe that love is this kind of magic that just happens. And just because a couple stays together for 30+ years doesn't mean their marriage is necessarily successful. I'm not maligning your family members at all, I have no idea what their marriages are like. Just sayin'.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    A successful marriage is the combination of love, luck, determination and hard work. People often forget the determination and hard work part and believe that love is this kind of magic that just happens. And just because a couple stays together for 30+ years doesn't mean their marriage is necessarily successful. I'm not maligning your family members at all, I have no idea what their marriages are like. Just sayin'.
    Stop being Debbie Downer. Marriage is beautiful.
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

I agree that people tend to forget about the whole hard work/determination thing. Love is a magic that just happens, but it requires those other things to sustain it. I'd say my parents marriage is truly successful. They've worked hard, supported each other through everything, love each other very much, and still maintain their individuality...whereas some people tend to either become pale versions of what they once were, or become carbon copies of each other. i think I was lucky to grow up with that kind of marital example. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post

Hey....hey....let her finish.

My parents married 6 weeks after they met. No, she wasn't knocked up. They were married for like 29 years, I think.

I should have said MOO. LOL.

I agree that people tend to forget about the whole hard work/determination thing. Love is a magic that just happens, but it requires those other things to sustain it. I'd say my parents marriage is truly successful. They've worked hard, supported each other through everything, love each other very much, and still maintain their individuality...whereas some people tend to either become pale versions of what they once were, or become carbon copies of each other. i think I was lucky to grow up with that kind of marital example. :)
    I tend to think that love starts with infatuation and hormones, which I suppose is some kind of magic, but not the kind of magic most people think love is. It can be sustained if the couple works to at it. I'm not completely unromantic. My parents really loved each other too, but I truly believe that it was something they worked hard to maintain. The last 10 years of their lives were probably their happiest together. After my dad died, I don't think my mom really wanted to be here without him. She died five years after my dad did, on Valentines day, which was also his birthday.

Anyway, I guess that couples who declare undying love after knowing each other for a very short period of time make me kind of LOL because for one, they don't really know each other ( I don't think you can really know someone in a few weeks or months), and for two, they haven't had to do the hard work yet. A lot of people bail when they get to the hard work part. But a couple who has known each other for a long time and have done some of the hard work and still love each other? That's romantic.

MOO

My mom was married 5 times. This scares me.

Marriage scares me. I don't know why. My family has a very low divorce rate but it's just not my thing. And I've been with the chap for 13 years.
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarren View Post
    Marriage scares me. I don't know why. My family has a very low divorce rate but it's just not my thing. And I've been with the chap for 13 years.
    My thoughts exactly. I don't need a piece of paper to know I love someone. But I do like diamonds...

my parents have been married for 39 years. i have no real reason to be afraid of marriage but i'm terrified of the institution...

Speaking of weddings and celebs,
    I think Nicole and Joel look great
    The pics released of their wedding was just beautiful
    I hope they make it
    Last edited by HockeyGirl; 06-08-2011 at 07:45 AM.

My parents got engaged two weeks after they met.

My dad cheated on my mom most of their marriage.

So.
    I found the messages my step dad sent to his 'friend' when I was younger. He probably should have deleted those before he gave me his mobile. He gave me his phone when he got a new one.

ETA: Sorry, I've got no idea what that's got to do with the price of cheese, but I posted it anyway

Also, my opinion of Nicole is much higher than it used to be. Paris is like a bad rash.
    Last edited by FloobaToob; 06-08-2011 at 07:44 AM.

I think Nicole looks amazing ever since she ditched Paris and became a mom. Motherhood looks good on her. she wears it well.

Quote Originally Posted by whackjob View Post
    my parents have been married for 39 years. i have no real reason to be afraid of marriage but i'm terrified of the institution...
    I'm not terrified of marriage, but I'm very, very wary. I've gotten stuck in relationships where I was carrying all the weight and it was painful to extricate myself. So that's probably why it annoys me when people think love is "magic" and "just happens" because I've been on the short end of that stick.

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
    Speaking of weddings and celebs,
    I think Nicole and Joel look great
    The pics released of their wedding was just beautiful
    I hope they make it
    That is a really cute picture.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Back to Lauryn because I have a weird obsession with her. Obviously, this is from MK, as always.
    laurynrohanbaby.jpg
    This past weekend at a show in Detroit, Lauryn Hill declared to the audience that she's taking a break from showing up 3 hours late to concerts to tend her 6th child who is currently leasing space in her womb. Most of us figured that Lauryn's boyfriend of forever and father of her 5 kids, Rohan Marley, was the one who blew her ovaries a testicle kiss full of semen. Rohan says that we would be wrong in assuming that.
    Rohan sang every track on his new album The Misspermification of Lauryn Hill yesterday on Twitter and subtly denied with a creepy wink that he's not the daddy. Ro's Twitter denial has since been deleted, but Chron.com broke it down for us:
    Soon after Lauryn Hill announced that she is pregnant with her sixth child, Rohan Marley took to Twitter to state that he was not the father (Maury Povich style!). Hip-Hop Wired tweeted a link to their story announcing Hill’s pregnancy. Soon after, a tweet from @RoMarley, replied, “2 things, I’m not married and I don’t have anyone expecting anything.” The Rohan Marley Twitter account is verified, so we’re going to assume that it’s really him. As far as the baby not being his, a Clutch Magazine writer by the name of @BritniDWrites engaged him in further conversation. She tweeted to him, “so we are clear: 1) you’re not married to your ex-wife or Lauryn, and 2) she isn’t preggo w/your child, but someone else’s?”
    His response was a vague, “That is correct until I say out of my mouth to the contrary.”
    The writer replied, “Ok. I’ll take it. But you do realize that the ‘until I say something contrary’ addendum cast doubt on your statement.”
    The last thing Marley tweeted her was, “trust me, the info out there is so incorrect for so many years…Thx for twitter. I check a few things.”
    Was it White Oprah who said, "Lines aren't for reading between they're for snorting?"
    Why doesn't Rohan just come out and say it. Typing "I AM NOT THE FATHER" is easier than typing a bunch of Scooby Snacks with no protein. Stop beating around my bush, Ro! (No, seriously, please don't beat around any of my bushes because I don't think prenatal vitamins mix well with morning whiskey.)
    Rohan just sounds like a major asshole with dick that makes a bitch loopy. No wonder Lauryn went crazy. She squatted on the tip and she's never been the same since.
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

That is a really cute picture.
    I think so too. I like her, although I have a huge phobia of Lionel Richie.
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

Thread Information