Page 490 of 1080 FirstFirst ... 390 440 480 488 489 490 491 492 500 540 590 990 ... LastLast
Results 12,226 to 12,250 of 26991

Thread: Celeb Gossip

Quote Originally Posted by HeyyyMan View Post
    Lily Allen () got married and is pregnant again.
    http://www.people.com/people/article...502105,00.html
    If I was her, I would be afraid to announce a pregnancy until the baby was born. But I hope this one makes it.

I hope this works out for her. I felt so sad for her when she lost her last baby.

Well I think suicide is a bit extreme. They're just trying to make light of a tough situation. I don't think it's hipster. I think it's a descision that was reached amicably and this is their way of letting all their mutual friends know....." hey, we're gonna be ok!"

Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Well I think suicide is a bit extreme. They're just trying to make light of a tough situation. I don't think it's hipster. I think it's a descision that was reached amicably and this is their way of letting all their mutual friends know....." hey, we're gonna be ok!"
    So if you're invited are you supposed to be happy? Sad? I mean, the whole thing seems like it would be totally awkward for those invited. Like going to a cocktail party and watching a Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf scene breaking out.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap-n Meow View Post
    Tracy Morgan, the American comedian best known for his role on '30 Rock', stunned audience members at his show in Nashville last week after launching into a homophobic tirade, reports the Hollywood Gossip. Tracy Morgan was performing at the Ryman Auditorium on Friday (3rd May 2011) when he made a series of derogatory remarks about the gay community.
    WHAT!?!? Stunned southerners with homophobia? I has a confuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Well, you did notice how long it took for this to reach the news, didn't you? May 3rd? Maybe Twitter down there is in long form and needs postage stamps?

Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Well, you did notice how long it took for this to reach the news, didn't you? May 3rd? Maybe Twitter down there is in long form and needs postage stamps?
    You put a question mark at the end of this by accident. That makes it a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    New York and Pennsylvania (New York outside the city) are more what you imagine the south to be like than the south.

Jack White is known for his extremely amicable divorces. He and Meg were married and divorced before the White Stripes. And I will never miss the White Stripes because that was all Jack White, he'll continue to evolve and make cool music. It was just kitsch to have Meg tossed in there.

New York and Pennsylvania (New York outside the city) are more what you imagine the south to be like than the south.

Jack White is known for his extremely amicable divorces. He and Meg were married and divorced before the White Stripes. And I will never miss the White Stripes because that was all Jack White, he'll continue to evolve and make cool music. It was just kitsch to have Meg tossed in there.
    Upstate NY is Deliverance scary. As is Pennsyltucky.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyyyMan View Post
    Lily Allen () got married and is pregnant again.
    http://www.people.com/people/article...502105,00.html
    If I was her, I would be afraid to announce a pregnancy until the baby was born. But I hope this one makes it.
    Oh man, I really hope it works out for her. That poor, poor girl.
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Oh, and I think their party is awesome.
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    Me too. I don't think it's fair to diss on shit and label it 'hipster' just because it breaks tradition. Not everyone gets divorced because they hate each other.

Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    Upstate NY is Deliverance scary. As is Pennsyltucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    Me too. I adore JW.
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

For the record, the area in YELLOW, labed ERIE COUNTY, is not Deliverance scary. Also notice that the western portion of the state is colored yellow, not teal. This is because it IS NOT UPSTATE, FUCKERS. It is Western New York. I dunno if any of you are the people that argue me on this shit, but it's an argument that happens all the time between WNYers and NYCers.

Western New York is above NYC. It is thus upstate. Also Western New York is more south than any other part of New York. The Eastern part is more like Detroit.

Western New York is above NYC. It is thus upstate. Also Western New York is more south than any other part of New York. The Eastern part is more like Detroit.
    Erie County is not like the South. The surrounding counties, sure. And no, it is not 'Upstate'. I don't give a fuck that it's 'upstate' from NYC. Not everything revolves around goddamn NYC. There is Western NY, Central NY, and if you'd like to, you can call the darker teal counties 'Upstate', as they are actually directly UP. NY is a huge state, saying Upstate to talk about an area in NY that is not NYC is like saying "I'm from California"....okay WHERE in Cali, asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by nerysinci View Post
    Erie County is not like the South. The surrounding counties, sure. And no, it is not 'Upstate'. I don't give a fuck that it's 'upstate' from NYC. Not everything revolves around goddamn NYC. There is Western NY, Central NY, and if you'd like to, you can call the darker teal counties 'Upstate', as they are actually directly UP. NY is a huge state, saying Upstate to talk about an area in NY that is not NYC is like saying "I'm from California"....okay WHERE in Cali, asshole.
    I'm confused by this because I would never say "I'm from Southern California". And most people have no grasp of Cali geography because it's huge, and I've never been like WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND PALM SPRINGS IS SOUTH EAST DESERT.

I'm confused by this because I would never say "I'm from Southern California". And most people have no grasp of Cali geography because it's huge, and I've never been like WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND PALM SPRINGS IS SOUTH EAST DESERT.
    That's because you're from LA. I know people from lesser known places in SoCal, and they say they're from Southern California. I know people from Northern Cali, and they say that, when asked.

If I ask someone where they are from, and they give me "California", I'm like, "Oh, what part?", because California is a huge place and San Diego is vastly different than Napa or Truckee.

Bowie, the people that will say that are people like MBS and HG that are from the Inland Empire.

I have never said "I'm from Western Montana." Most people only know two towns in the state anyway and everyone assumes that, despite is massive size, all towns are like three hours from one another. But I do know Californians who will say Northern California off the bat so that people don't go into Los Angeles tirades (I realize So Cal is much larger than just L.A. but you know how it is).

Kinda on topic, but not really, I hate it when I say I'm from Montana originally and people freak out and are all "OMG! It's so pretty there! Why would you ever leave?" Shut. Up. I left because Montana is isolated, jobs suck there, the winters suck, it's super conservative (except for Missoula), and I grew up there and wanted to get as far the fuck away from it as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jeneria View Post
    I have never said "I'm from Western Montana." Most people only know two towns in the state anyway and everyone assumes that, despite is massive size, all towns are like three hours from one another. But I do know Californians who will say Northern California off the bat so that people don't go into Los Angeles tirades (I realize So Cal is much larger than just L.A. but you know how it is).

Kinda on topic, but not really, I hate it when I say I'm from Montana originally and people freak out and are all "OMG! It's so pretty there! Why would you ever leave?" Shut. Up. I left because Montana is isolated, jobs suck there, the winters suck, it's super conservative (except for Missoula), and I grew up there and wanted to get as far the fuck away from it as possible.
    I would never say that to you. It looks beautiful, but fuck living there.

All I'm trying to say is that I AM FROM BUFFALO AND MY ENTIRE AREA OF THE STATE REFERS TO OURSELVES AS WESTERN NEW YORK. NOT UPSTATE. Why, then, are motherfuckers so keen on calling us that? I'm pretty sure I know where I'm fucking from.

Quote Originally Posted by nerysinci View Post
    I would never say that to you. It looks beautiful, but fuck living there.

All I'm trying to say is that I AM FROM BUFFALO AND MY ENTIRE AREA OF THE STATE REFERS TO OURSELVES AS WESTERN NEW YORK. NOT UPSTATE. Why, then, are motherfuckers so keen on calling us that? I'm pretty sure I know where I'm fucking from.
    Whatever part of the Catskills Cobleskill, Richmondville, Narrowsburg or Calicoon are in is straight up dueling banjoes territory. I have no idea if that's western, central, or whatever.

And I get what you're saying, but me saying Erie county is upstate isnt necessarily wrong because from where I'm at it actually is. It may be to the west, but it's also up.

Whatever part of the Catskills Cobleskill, Richmondville, Narrowsburg or Calicoon are in is straight up dueling banjoes territory. I have no idea if that's western, central, or whatever.

And I get what you're saying, but me saying Erie county is upstate isnt necessarily wrong because from where I'm at it actually is. It may be to the west, but it's also up.
    I have no idea what those places are, so they aren't near me. I understand you calling it 'upstate', even though you are wrong, what annoys me is people acting like I'M wrong or whatever, for saying it's Western New York. They're like, 'Uh, no, it's upstate.'.. SHUT UP. There are business, commercials, News taglines, all saying Western New York. Not Upstate. To be fair, there is a dairy co-op called Upstate Farms.

I'm not the only one from WNY that gets annoyed by this, but I apologize for being a crazy person.

There are a couple groups on FB about Buffalo and WNY not being Upstate, and even one titled "Central New York is not upstate you dumbass downstate kids.", which is more for the Syracuse people.

I just checked, two are in Sullivan county and two are in Schoharie or something like that. Not near you.

I've always heard everything north of me referred to as upstate and east of me is just the island. *shrug* I dunno.

I just checked, two are in Sullivan county and two are in Schoharie or something like that. Not near you.

I've always heard everything north of me referred to as upstate and east of me is just the island. *shrug* I dunno.
    That's because you are from NYC, and NYC is all the entire state cares about. Not your fault.

Thread Information