Thread: Nathan Boos and Robert Degaro actually find out they are Father and Son at work

Nathan Boos and Robert Degaro actually find out they are Father and Son at work

https://abc7.com/family/co-workers-d...d-son/4132165/

A pair of co-workers in Wisconsin made an amazing discovery.

They found out they're not just friends. As it turns out, they're also father and son.

Nathan Boos knew he was adopted, and his adoptive parents knew who his biological parents were, but since Nathan never asked, they never told him.

Then one day, his mom stopped over and told him he was Facebook friends with his biological dad.

Turns out both men are truck drivers for the same company, and have worked together for two years.

"It's still kind of a shock, and there are days I'm not sure exactly what to say or how to act, I mean he is my son but we didn't have that father-son relationship growing up, and then we became working partners before we knew who we really were," says Robert Degaro.

"We're just taking one day at a time, one mile at a time as we say," says Nathan Boos.

Both men say the reunion has brought them a sense of peace, and they plan to continue building their relationship.
    Interesting story of a reunion.

https://www.fox10tv.com/archives/wis...1eecb4007.html

Here is another angle to this story

(WEAU/CNN Wire) — Co-workers at a Wisconsin business discovered they're more than just friends on the job. They are actually father and son.

Nathan Boos said he's gone through his life never knowing who his biological parents were.

"Growing up I always knew that I was adopted, it just never crossed my mind that I would ever find my parents," Boos said.

Boos' adoptive parents knew who his biological parents were, but because Boos never asked, they never told him... until one day.

"My mom just happened to come by one day and said 'well, you're friends with your dad on Facebook,'" Boos said.

After continuing this conversation with his adoptive mother, Boos discovered his biological father is a truck driver just like him, and that's when he got curious.

"She just went on my Facebook and went through my friends list and brought up his picture, and I said 'get out of here,'" Boos said.

It turns out Boos' biological father has been working at Rock Solid Transport in Chippewa Falls with Nathan for the past two years.

Robert Degaro, who has two other children with his ex-wife, said the choice to give up Boos for adoption was a difficult one caused by financial stress.

"Back then I wasn't much of a dad. His biological mom had chosen the adoptive parents," Degaro said.

Both Boos and Degaro said they're excited to continue growing the friendship they already had.

"It's still kind of a shock, and there's days I'm not sure exactly what to say or how to act," Degaro said. "I mean he is my son, but we didn't have that father-son relationship growing up, and then we became working partners before we knew who we really were."

Boos said they are just taking their friendship one day at a time.

"One mile at a time, as we say," Boos said.

Thread Information