Thread: David Mccauley (35) set Wade Still (23) on fire and left him on the side of a road to die (Lake Macquarie, NSW)

David Mccauley (35) set Wade Still (23) on fire and left him on the side of a road to die (Lake Macquarie, NSW)

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2018..._a_road_to_die

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...9db47564bfd625

Man dies after being found at roadside with severe injuries

A SEVERELY injured man who was mysteriously dumped at the side of a road this morning, has died on his way to hospital.

AUGUST 20, 20188:06AM

A TAXI driver on an overnight shift made a gruesome discovery at the side of the road at Lake Macquarie, NSW when he found a severely injured man ? who then died on his way to hospital.

An investigation is underway and detectives believe the mysterious death is suspicious.

Police say officers were called shortly after 1am today, when the taxi driver, who was travelling on Oakdale Road at Whitebridge, discovered a man by the side of the road.

The man had suffered extensive injuries and the taxi driver frantically called emergency services.

Police say the death is suspicious. Picture: Jenny EvansSource:News Corp Australia

After the injured man received initial treatment at the scene, he was flown by the Westpac Helicopter.

However, he couldn?t be saved and died during the flight to Royal North Shore Hospital.

Police from Lake Macquarie Police District have established a crime scene at the location and have commenced inquiries into how the man received his injuries.

At this time, he has not been formally identified.

?Investigators have urged anyone who was travelling near Oakdale Road at Whitebridge around 1am today and saw, or may have dashcam footage, of anything unusual or suspicious to come forward immediately,? a spokeswoman for NSW Police said.

Anyone with information about this incident is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Last edited by mydeathspace; 08-21-2018 at 08:57 PM. Reason: added link to MDS article

Fuck. He might've been set on fire

Though I guess there are other ways to burn someone

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5...ake-macquarie/

AUGUST 20 2018 - 11:00AM
    Police are investigating the suspicious death of a man at Whitebridge
    Simon McCarthy

Police on the scene at Oakdale Road, Whitebridge. Photo: Nick .

Homicide investigators have been notified of a suspicious death of a man at Whitebridge in the early hours of Monday morning.

Shortly after 1am, a taxi driver travelling on Oakdale Road discovered a man by the side of the road, who had suffered extensive injuries.

The taxi driver contacted emergency services.

NSW Ambulance arrived at the scene shortly after 1am where a spokesperson said paramedics found a 23 year-old man who appeared to have suffered severe burns.

The spokesperson said the man was conscious and breathing when paramedics arrived. He was treated at the scene before being airlifted by Westpac Rescue helicopter, but died during the flight to Royal North Shore Hospital.

Earlier today: Police appeal for dashcam footage after a man dies in suspicious circumstances at Whitebridge

The Ambulance spokesperson said they believed the man may have been involved in a crash involving a bike, but NSW Police would not confirm details other than to say that the man had suffered extensive injuries.

Lake Macquarie Police said they were following all lines of inquiry and were treating the man?s death as suspicious.

The man has yet to be formally identified.

Police are expected to make a statement regarding their investigation later today.

Investigators have urged anyone who was travelling near Oakdale Road at Whitebridge around 1am who may have seen, or may have dashcam footage of anything unusual or suspicious to come forward immediately by contacting CrimeStoppers on 1800 333 000 or via their online reporting page.
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-20-2018 at 01:20 AM.

Interview with the cabbie here. Victim I.D'ed as Wade Still

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?s...629136279&_rdr

Apparently the taxi driver found him sitting by the road. He said Wade told him he'd been set on fire & he knew who did it

Edit : oh really nice work 9News.

If you watch the vid at the link you'll hear the reporter say "his life ... was extinguished"
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-20-2018 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Clarity because I'm making no sense

Last edited by mydeathspace; 08-21-2018 at 08:44 PM. Reason: fixed links

Wade has a bit of a history

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...1470d69b7b6734

Assault accused man allegedly had tomahawk, knife when paramedics were attacked
    Wade Still was allegedly carrying a tomahawk and a knife at the time of his arrest. Picture: Facebook

April 3, 2017 12:00am

A MAN accused of assaulting paramedics while they treated his pregnant partner was later arrested while allegedly carrying a tomahawk and a knife.

Paramedics were called to a unit in Belmont, in the NSW Hunter Region, to help transport Wade Still?s girlfriend to hospital safely after she went into labour about 1.45am yesterday.

However it is alleged that Still, 22, became violent to the two officers when his girlfriend requested that he not travel in the ambulance with her. Still allegedly threatened the paramedics before assaulting one of them. He is then accused kicking the ambulance several times before it drove away.

Police later attended the premises and allege a struggle occurred when they tried to arrest Still.

He was allegedly carrying a tomahawk and a knife at the time of his arrest.

Still was later charged with a number of offences including obstructing an ambulance officer by act of violence and assaulting police. He remained in police custody last night and is expected to face Newcastle Local Court today.

Also :

(vid at link)

https://www.nbnnews.com.au/2017/04/0...medic-assault/

There were emotional scenes today, as the man accused of attacking paramedics and a police officer at Belmont faced court.
    Wade Still applied for bail, but was refused, prompting an angry outburst from his mother.

Edit : at first glance he seems to have a few exes & bad breakups but I think it might all be the same girl. She has multiple accounts & name variations but it's her in all the acct pix. I'll add all her accounts if it turns out she has a connection to his death, but I don't really want to stalk the accounts of someone who might be a DV victim & who might also be completely unrelated to the attack on him unless there's a reason to.

Edit 2 : nope, there was one long-term on again/off again ex & one current girlfriend. I missed the current one being interviewed in the FB news link I posted. The one he was with when he attacked the paramedics last year is the one with all the accounts. She's started on commenting on news articles with a 7th fb acct now.
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-20-2018 at 03:42 AM.

So he was only recently released from jail (we use jail/gaol & prison interchangeably down here, if you haven't been convicted yet you're "on remand").

https://www.ntnews.com.au/news/break...b26af49624ebb3

Fatally burned dad found dying on NSW road

August 20, 2018 9:29pm

Detectives have identified a young father who was found with fatal burns on the side of a NSW road while his partner pleads for answers.

Wade Still had recently been released from prison after being jailed for assaulting paramedics, AAP understands.

Still, a 23-year-old from Lake Macquarie, was discovered by a taxi driver badly burned, laying in grass on the road side at Whitebridge near Newcastle at about 1am on Monday.

"You felt so helpless," the driver told the Seven Network.

"There's not much you can do for the poor fella."

The driver called emergency services and Still was airlifted to Royal North Shore Hospital but died during the flight.

The young father was jailed last September for punching and kicking emergency workers who were trying to take his partner to hospital as she entered labour.

Still's partner Paige Millan said she woke to a phone call from one of his friends early on Monday.

"His poor kids are going to be broken," she told media in Newcastle on Monday.

"I want (the culprit) to come forward and pay for what you've done."

Police spent Monday searching the area for a weapon and Strikeforce Yaraandoo has been established to investigate.

"We're certainly not treating this as a casual event and the inclusion of the Lake Macquarie command, homicide squad and Newcastle city reflects the gravity we are taking," Superintendent Danny Sullivan told reporters on Monday.

Police are investigating several lines of inquiry and are not ruling anything in or out, he added.

"The real key message here is that anybody with any information, no matter how small, to contact crime stoppers."

Originally published as Fatally burned dad found dying on NSW road

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5...ve-wade-still/

AUGUST 21 2018 - 6:00PM
    Hunter firefighter tells of attempt to save Wade Still as investigations continue into suspicious death
    Nick Bielby

Wade Still was found with extensive burns on the side of Oakdale Road, Whitebridge, in the early hours of August 20. Police are treating his death as suspicious.

A first responder who treated a 23-year-old Belmont man found fatally burnt on the side of the road at Whitebridge says no job has affected him more in his decade with Fire and Rescue NSW.

The twist of fate that Wade Still was jailed last year after a drug-fuelled attack on two paramedics who were helping his heavily pregnant partner was not lost on the firefighter, but he said no-one deserved what he witnessed Mr Still suffer through in the early hours of Monday.

?I?ve been to fatal fires before but this person was alive, talking, screaming,? he said. ?I?ll never forget this incident, it?s one that is already keeping me awake thinking about that night, remembering the screams, the images in my head of what I saw.?

The firefighter, who asked not to be named, told the Newcastle Herald his crew arrived at Oakdale Road just after 1am following a report of a grass fire ? their fifth during that 24-hour shift.

Read more: ?I?m dying?: Police investigate death of man found burnt at roadside

?I put the window down to look closer and noticed a man screaming in pain and noticeably burnt,? he said.

?We got out of the truck and went over to the victim and noticed he had horrific injuries. I?d never seen anything like it and I think we were all almost in a state of shock.

?The smell of petrol was very strong and it was clear something terrible had happened to this man.?

The crew provided first aid until paramedics arrived.

The firefighter who spoke with the Herald said he travelled with Mr Still in the back of the ambulance as it took him to the waiting Westpac Rescue helicopter.

Police prepare to search the scene at Oakdale Drive, about 200 metres from the Redhead Road intersection.

But by the time they reached Gateshead Road, Mr Still had to be unloaded and treated by the side of the road.

Read more: Police appeal for dash cam footage after suspicious death at Whitebridge

?I assisted where I could and witnessed nothing short of brilliance by these men and women of the NSW Ambulance service who did their utmost to save this man?s life,? he said.

?We were on the roadside for what felt like about 20 minutes and I saw things I?ve never seen before in my career medical-wise.?

The Herald reported last year that Mr Still was high on ice in the early hours of April 2, 2017, when he threatened paramedics treating his pregnant partner, telling them ?I?ll smash your face in?.

He grabbed one of the emergency service workers by the shirt and kicked the ambulance as it fled after the paramedic pulled free of his grip.

Flowers were left at the spot on Oakdale Road on Tuesday morning where taxi driver James Madden found Mr Still in agony and called for help.

A small bunch of flowers left where Mr Still was found.

Police from the State Crime Command?s homicide squad, Lake Macquarie and Newcastle police districts are continuing their investigation under Strike Force Yaraandoo.

They are treating Mr Still?s death as suspicious, but no arrests had been made as of Tuesday evening.

Police are urging anyone with information to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Maybe the woman caught on dashcam walking down the road carrying something that night was unrelated

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5...of-wade-still/

AUGUST 22 2018 - 1:30AM
    Police charge man, 35, with murder over death of 23-year-old Wade Still
    Nick Bielby

A man has been charged with murder over the death of 23-year-old Belmont man Wade Still.

Police will allege the 35-year-old was known to Mr Still, who was found with extensive burns at the side of Oakdale Road, Whitebridge, by a passing taxi driver at about 1am on Monday.

Mr Still died as he was being flown to Sydney?s Royal North Shore Hospital, where he was being taken because of the extent of his injuries.

Police from Lake Macquarie, Newcastle and the State Crime Command?s homicide squad formed Strike Force Yaraandoo within hours after Mr Still?s death, which police believed to be suspicious.

Investigators put out a public call for information to help find out how Mr Still sustained his injuries.

Read more: ?Horrific injuries?: Firefighter tells of attempt to save Wade Still

A 35-year-old man was charged with murder on Tuesday, with police confirming the charge late on Tuesday night.

?The two men were alleged to be known to each other,? a statement from police said on Tuesday night.

The 35-year-old was refused bail will face Newcastle Local Court on Wednesday.

The Newcastle Herald pulled their article on the arrest from their FB pg because people were being such cunts in the comments. They kept doubling down & being cunts even with one of his young stepkids & his children's grandmother asking them to please stop.

The main reasons people are posting fucked up shit seems to be his drug history & the paramedic incident.

It was pointed out to these people that 3 teams of paramedics helped him by the roadside & if they were able to put his history aside & show him compassion in such horrific & confronting circumstances, then surely a bunch of dickheads on fb could manage it too.

Apparently not though since the whole post eventually had to be pulled.

People are fucked. Even the first responders they claim they're defending have spoken up for him.

A first responder who treated a 23-year-old Belmont man found fatally burnt on the side of the road at Whitebridge says no job has affected him more in his decade with Fire and Rescue NSW.

The twist of fate that Wade Still was jailed last year after a drug-fuelled attack on two paramedics who were helping his heavily pregnant partner was not lost on the firefighter, but he said no-one deserved what he witnessed Mr Still suffer through in the early hours of Monday.

I've been to fatal fires before but this person was alive, talking, screaming," he said. "I'll never forget this incident, it's one that is already keeping me awake thinking about that night, remembering the screams, the images in my head of what I saw.

Added a death entry. The murderer and deceased sound like scumbags tbh.

Yeah, David's profiles are charming as fuck, so far they're only matched by the shit on Wade's ex-girlfriend's multiple pages. She might've done more time than both of them to be honest.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00017296178282

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5...ears-in-court/

AUGUST 22 2018 - 12:33PM

David McCauley, 35, appears in court charged with murder of Wade Still at Whitebridge

Matthew KellyMatthew Kelly

The man charged with murdering Wade Still at Whitebridge on Monday did not apply for bail when he appeared in court on Wednesday.

David John McCauley remained silent as he sat in the dock during the brief appearance at Toronto court.

A number of family and friends were in court to support Mr McCauley.

Police allege the 35-year-old was known to Mr Still, who was found with extensive burns at the side of Oakdale Road, Whitebridge, by a passing taxi driver at about 1am on Monday.

Mr Still died as he was being flown to Sydney?s Royal North Shore Hospital.

Police from Lake Macquarie, Newcastle and the State Crime Command?s homicide squad formed Strike Force Yaraandoo within hours after Mr Still?s death.

Mr McCauley was charged on Tuesday. No pleas have been entered.

Read more: Police charge man, 35, with murder

?The two men were alleged to be known to each other,? a statement from police said on Tuesday night.

Magistrate Peter Bugden adjourned the matter for mention on August 28, with a brief of evidence to be served by October 16.

Mr McCauley was heard to fall as he was being led back to the holding cells, prompting concerned family members to inquire about his welfare.

The visibly-distressed family members refused to speak to the media as they left court.

It was a bad move for his family to raise concerns about his welfare in front of media. It's probably not going to go down real well, for him or them

Edit : so David McCauley"s ex is connected to the Still's somehow through an older Still family member, possibly Wade's father.

Maybe this had nothing to do with drugs at all? Maybe this violent piece of filth was just going after people who sided with his ex-girlfriend? Whatever it was, Wade probably thought all of their family & social connections would keep him relatively safe.

& even if there was a drug debt, he might've expected to get the shit kicked out of him, but no-one would've expected to be burned alive. It's an unusual crime to see in Australia & I'm pretty sure the vast majority of other cases have been breakup/domestic violence related (the only exceptions I can think of involved perpetrators who were having extreme mental health issues).

Anyway, this is a total horrorshow so I think I'll give up trying to figure out who's who. There are just too many connections, most of the people exchanging abuse with David on his FB pg have friends &/or ex's of Wade & his ex girlfriend in their friend lists too.

This crime is going to impact a lot of people in their community, one way or another.
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-21-2018 at 11:46 PM.

Second man charged

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5...-stills-death/

Troy McCosker, 49, faces Newcastle court after murder charge over death of Wade Still
    Nick Bielby
    AUGUST 23 2018 - 3:31PM

A Belmont North man charged with murder over the death of Wade Still applied for bail in Newcastle court on Thursday afternoon.

Magistrate Robert Stone formally refused the bail application for Troy McCosker, who was charged on Wednesday night.

Defence for Mr McCosker argued the prosecution?s case was ?speculative? and circumstantial.

But Mr Stone said the police case was ?reasonably strong?.

Belmont man Wade Still, 23, was found with extensive burns on the side of Oakdale Road, Whitebridge, in the early hours of Monday morning.

He died on the way to hospital.

Mr Stone labelled the facts tendered to him on Thursday afternoon as ?horrendous?.

Mr McCosker will face court again on November 15.

He was the second man charged with murder over Mr Still?s death.

His co-accused, 35-year-old David John McCauley, did not apply for bail when he appeared at Toronto court on Wednesday.

Ffs. All of these people are fucking horrible.

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5...-told/?cs=7573

Violent feud in days before Wade Still's death

A man charged with the alleged murder of Wade Still was in an ?ongoing and violent feud? with the 23-year-old in the days before his death, a court has been told.

Newcastle local court heard the feud between Troy McCosker, 49, and the Belmont man who died this week involved Mr Still stealing from Mr McCosker, invading his home and kidnapping his son.

Mr Still was found with extensive burns on the side of Oakdale Road, Whitebridge, in the early hours of Monday morning. He died on the way to hospital.

Mr McCosker, of Belmont North, applied for bail when he faced court on Thursday, but Magistrate Robert Stone refused.

Mr Stone said he believed the prosecution had a ?reasonably strong? circumstantial case.

He said facts tendered to him on Thursday afternoon showed Mr McCosker was ?there when the final act of throwing petrol onto the injured Mr Still occurred?.

Mr Stone said the facts indicated a possible motive and showed Mr McCosker was in a vehicle at the scene when Mr Still was allegedly set alight by another person.

?A murder charge is always serious. The facts in this matter are horrendous,? he said.

?An effort had been made, but it required further petrol to finish the job off.?

Mr McCosker?s defence said the police case was ?speculative? and ?very, very, poor?.

Barrister Terrence Healey argued the 49-year-old didn?t know Mr Still was at the scene.

Mr Healey said Mr McCosker was ?merely like a taxi driver? for co-accused David John McCauley, 35, who faced court on Wednesday.

?It doesn?t make him substantially involved,? Mr Healey told the court.

The court heard Mr McCosker picked up Mr McCauley thinking they were taking a jerry can of petrol to a motorbike.

Mr Healey said Mr McCosker did not leave the vehicle when the pair stopped at Oakdale Road early on Monday morning and he saw nothing other than Mr McCauley take the petrol and walk behind the vehicle.

?[He] didn?t even know Mr Still was there, yet [he is] charged with murder,? he said.

The police prosecutor said Mr McCosker?s version of events was ?impossible to believe?.

He said Mr McCosker and Mr Still had been involved in an ?ongoing and violent feud? in the days before Mr Still?s death which involved Mr Still committing thefts, an armed home invasion and kidnapping.

?It?s an incredible coincidence that the person he?s in a feud with is lying in a ditch burning and he?s parked three metres away,? the prosecutor told the court.

He rebuffed the defence?s claim that Mr McCosker should be afforded his liberty, saying police had concerns that Mr McCosker could possibly attempt to interfere with witnesses if was allowed to walk free.

Mr McCosker said ?I love you? to several supporters in the public gallery as he was led from the dock after his appearance on Thursday afternoon.

He will face court again on November 15, via audio-visual link.

Police from the State Crime Command?s homicide squad joined officers from Lake Macquarie and Newcastle police districts to form Strike Force Yaraandoo this week to investigate Mr Still?s death.

A passing taxi driver discovered the 23-year-old with extensive burns about 1am on Monday.

Paramedics and fire crews attended the scene but Mr Still died as he was being air-lifted to Sydney?s Royal North Shore Hospital.

Mr McCosker was charged with murder on Wednesday night.

It came after police charged his co-accused, Mr McCauley, on Tuesday.

Police allege both Mr McCauley and Mr McCosker were known to Mr Still.

The investigation into Mr Still?s death is continuing, a NSW Police statement said.

McCosker's claiming that he randomly pulled up on deserted road in the middle of the night & had no idea what McCauley was doing when he got out with a can of petrol - even though it was McCosker who Wade Still stole from, McCosker's home he invaded & McCosker's son he kidnapped.

There was a big hole & a mound of earth in the footage of the burn patch at the scene. I thought it looked like a roadside grave in the quick glimpse they showed of it. Looks like it probably was. They must've dumped him there injured & come back with the fuel.

Which makes me wonder what time that woman was caught on dashcam & how close she was to section of road he was dumped on

Thread Information