Thread: Malaysian anesthesiologist Khaw Kim-sun (33) is accused of killing his family with gas-filled yoga ball

Malaysian anesthesiologist Khaw Kim-sun (33) is accused of killing his family with gas-filled yoga ball

Interesting plan!

An anesthesiologist is on trial in Hong Kong charged with killing his wife and daughter by placing a leaking yoga ball filled with carbon monoxide in their car.

Malaysian citizen Khaw Kim-sun, 53, was allegedly having an affair and had become estranged from his wife and four children, although they continued to live together, Hong Kong's South China Morning Post reported.

Khaw is accused of putting the gas-filled yoga ball in the trunk of a Mini Cooper driven by his wife, Wong Siew-fung, on May 22, 2015, the paper said.

It said Wong and their 16-year-old daughter were found unconscious in the car about an hour after leaving home and were later declared dead from severe carbon monoxide poisoning, although the vehicle showed no defects.

Khaw was arrested in September and his trial began Wednesday. He has pleaded not guilty.

It said that later, he told police he'd wanted to use it to exterminate rats at home, although a domestic helper employed by the family testified that they had no rodent problem.

Khaw was unaware his daughter was home from school on the day of her death and likely had not intended to kill her, the paper quoted prosecutor Andrew Bruce as saying.

"The last thing the accused wanted was for his 16-year-old to die," Bruce was quoted as saying.

"(But) if that person knew what was in the car was carbon monoxide and knew it was a dangerous gas likely to kill you, you can confirm this person had homicide on his mind," Bruce was quoted as telling the jury of five men and four women.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/ar...d-13179063.php

This reminds me of that poisoned shoes case. People who use innocuous everyday items as weird death delivery systems always intrigue me.

I kind of wonder sometimes if they were really into comics as kids, but associated more with the mad scientist super villains than the lead characters

What the crap is on his head?

Quote Originally Posted by Non_Saepe View Post
    What the crap is on his head?
    It's his evil science villain hood, he didn't get time to properly adjust his evil science villain cape before they pulled him out of the cells for court.

Actually, I just realised who he reminded me of

None of this explains why he's wearing it in court though ...

Edit : I shouldn't post when I'm sleep deprived

I'll link the poison shoes thread to make my posts slightly useful.

I search this guy's name every few years because he won't be locked up forever & I'm sure he's going to do something else weirdly sadistic one day

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...ning-her-shoes
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-24-2018 at 09:40 PM.

Are they protecting his identity or some shit?

Or maybe its like the cone of shame. Except black. And a bag. And on a human instead of a doggi. I need coffee.

I don't know, it's weird? Maybe they have image blackouts until after trial & they don't trust media to pixellate?

Judging by this article, there are going to be a lot of black masks involved in this court case ...

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/regi...g-court-hears/

Yoga ball murder trial: Malaysian professor?s mistress was his children?s tutor, Hong Kong court hears
    ASEAN PLUS
    Saturday, 25 Aug 2018

12:22 PM MYT
    By Chris Lau

The mistress of a Malaysian professor ? accused of using a toxic yoga ball to murder his wife and daughter ? was his children?s tutor, the High Court in Hong Kong heard on Friday.

Khaw Kim-sun, 53, has denied murdering his wife, Wong Siew-fung, 47, and daughter Lily Khaw Li-ling, 16, who both died of carbon monoxide poisoning on May 22, 2015.

Wong?s close friend Foong Wai-yee took to the witness box on Friday and revealed the wife had first complained about her marriage around 2010 or 2011.

?The marriage hadn?t been a happy one for some time before her death,? said Foong, whose children attended the same playgroup as the Malaysian family.

Foong said Wong once revealed her husband had a new girlfriend and identified the mistress as Shara Lee, a tutor who taught Khaw?s children at their home between 2007 and 2008.

Witness Foong Wai-yee told the High Court that Wong Siew-fung needed counselling. Photo: Edmond So

The prosecutors had earlier mentioned Lee as an assistant in a fake research project involving rabbits that Khaw set up to obtain the carbon monoxide.

Khaw?s colleague, associate professor Dick Chow Ho-ku, said Khaw told him he would bring Lee to the university to observe the first experiment for the project on May 13, 2015, nine days before Khaw?s wife and daughter died. She turned up towards the end of the experiment, Chow recalled.

Foong also described how the mental condition of Wong, whom she would go to yoga and play badminton with, had deteriorated so badly she needed counselling and medical help.

?She was crying quite badly sometimes,? the witness, also from Malaysia, recalled.

She said the situation improved towards Wong?s death in 2015 because she had grown to accept the situation.

Foong described Lily, who also died in the car, as the most energetic of the couple?s four children: Mei-mei, the eldest daughter, Carly, the third daughter, and Didi, the youngest, their only son.

While Carly and Didi sat in the public gallery and waved at their helper when it was her turn to give evidence, Mei-mei is expected to take the stand herself soon.

Khaw Kim-sun has denied two counts of murder. Photo: Dickson Lee

Prosecutors earlier told the court about a ?calculated and deliberate? plot by Khaw, a former anaesthesiologist from Chinese University?s department of anaesthesia and intensive care, who placed a yoga ball leaking carbon monoxide in the boot of Wong?s car. The couple?s daughter was in the passenger seat on the day.

The court heard Khaw told police he acquired the gas to eradicate rats in his home, though the family?s helper Siti Maesaroh told the court on Friday she had never seen rats, or traces of them, in the house.

But she agreed in cross-examination the household kept two cats and she was once told they were there to catch rats.

The case continued before Justice Judianna Barnes Wai-ling on Monday.

For the latest news from the South China Morning Post download our mobile app. Copyright 2018.

I had no idea a yoga ball could fit into a mini cooper trunk.
    Jenn

I guess it would screw the case if it turned out it couldn't fit in there while it was inflated? How much space is there? It's really hard to tell in the vehicle pix I can find online.

It'd suck if it was a mechanical fault all along - it's not like there haven't been cases where it's happened because a repair wasn't done properly

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hong-ko...-sun-sentence/

Doc gets life for killing wife, daughter with gas-filled yoga ball

Thread Information