Thread: Meighan Cordie (27) Found Dead After Leaving Her Mother's Car During A Heated Argument

Meighan Cordie (27) Found Dead After Leaving Her Mother's Car During A Heated Argument

https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...o_be_woma.html

Body found believed to be woman missing after wedding, argument with mom
    Updated 6:38 AM; Posted 5:58 AM

By Shane Dixon Kavanaugh
    The Oregonian/OregonLive

Yamhill County authorities on Thursday said they believe a body found at the bottom of a highway embankment is a woman who disappeared over the weekend after a wedding and argument with her mother.

Meighan Cordie, 27, had left the wedding near Grand Island south of Dayton about 10:30 p.m. Saturday, the Yamhill County Sheriff's Office said.

She and her mother argued on the drive home, and Cordie left the car on foot without her shoes or her cell phone, authorities said.

Cordie was last seen wearing a blue floral pantsuit.

A large search party had been launched earlier in the week.

Joggers on Thursday morning discovered the body of a woman in similar clothing near Oregon 18 between Dayton and McMinnville ? about 8 miles north of the wedding site, the sheriff's office said.

Authorities have not indicated what might have caused Cordie's death. The investigation is ongoing.

Cordie was the daughter of a Clackamas fire captain. Her family put out a statement Thursday:

It is with very heavy hearts that we are sharing our beloved daughter Meighan has been found deceased by the Yamhill County Sheriff's Office. The pain our family is experiencing is unimaginable and we ask for privacy as we process this information and continue to grieve as a family.

The Oregon Department of Transportation put out an alert for motorists in the area who could be affected by the investigation:

Ramps that connect OR 18 and OR 221 near Dayton. OR 18 remains open in both directions. A local detour is available for travelers trying to get from OR 18 to Dayton and south to Salem. The ramps will be closed at least until 6 p.m. Travlers should consider an alternative route or expect delays.

Finding fam on Facebook but not her...

https://www.facebook.com/madyson.cordie?fref=search

It was late and she got out barefoot and was found off a ramp. She probably got hit by a car. How shitty for her mom to have to live with this now over some dumb fight.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Yeah, sadly that's a real possiblity, & she could've just fallen badly too. They said she was found down an embankment & I once did a pretty good drunk ditch fall when I was backpacking in Scotland. I only ended up with a badly sprained ankle, but if the embankment was steeper & higher, & I fell the wrong way, it could've been a lot worse.

It's really easy to go over the side of a country road when you've been drinking, it's just so damn dark without streetlights.

A local said it's been so hot that you can't walk barefoot for long, so if she landed somewhere exposed to the sun & heat & had an injury that made it hard to crawl back up the embankment, she could've just died from dehydration & sunstroke

Sounds like it was either a hit & run or something much worse

It would be pretty horrible if she was hit by someone leaving the same venue

https://www.statesmanjournal.com/sto...ie/1089852002/

Missing woman found dead near Dayton died from blunt force trauma
    WHITNEY WOODWORTH | SALEM STATESMAN JOURNAL
    Updated 2 hours ago

An autopsy performed Friday on a missing woman found dead north of Dayton revealed the 27-year-old died from blunt force trauma.

Joggers discovered the body of Meighan Cordie Thursday morning down an embankment near Highway 18.

Cordie, a Clackamas County resident who used to live in Salem, had been missing since Saturday.

Investigators are working on to determine how the trauma occurred. They did not specify whether the death was considered a homicide.

More: Body found near Dayton believed to be missing woman

The Yamhill County Sheriff's Office said details regarding the autopsy will not be released at this time to ensure the integrity of the investigation.

Cordie's body was found about eight miles from the area where she was last seen. She disappeared late Saturday following a wedding in the rural community of Grand Island.

According to investigators, Cordie left the vehicle she was riding in after an argument with her mother and walked away on foot, leaving behind her phone and shoes.

Her family contacted the sheriff's office the following day because they had not heard from her.

After her disappearance, more than 300 personnel and volunteers combed the rural farmland near the Willamette River where she was last seen in foot searches, air patrols and marine patrols.

The search was suspended Wednesday.

The news shocked her family, who asked for privacy as they mourned the loss of Cordie, the mother to a young child and the daughter of a Clackamas fire captain.

Family members urged anyone with information about Cordie's death or whereabouts since her disappearance to contact the Yamhill County Sheriff?s Office at 503-434-7506.

For questions, comments and news tips, email reporter Whitney Woodworth at wmwoodwort@statesmanjournal.com, call 503-399-6884 or follow on Twitter @wmwoodworth

http://www.kptv.com/story/38964836/s...meighan-cordie

Search for clues continues in disappearance, death of Meighan Cordie
    Posted: Aug 27, 2018 10:06 AM
    Updated: Aug 27, 2018 10:32 AM
    By Johnathan Hendricks

The search for clues in the mysterious disappearance and death of a woman in Dayton continued into the weekend as investigators tried to figure out what happened.

Meighan Cordie, 27, disappeared after a wedding on Aug. 18 on Grand Island. Searchers scoured thousands of acres on the ground and by air looking for her. On Thursday, a body was found matching her description roughly nine miles away near the town of Dayton.

Security footage at Bob?s Grand Island Grocery and Deli captured Cordie before the wedding.

?She was kind of dressed up,? store clerk Megan Spencer said. ?I commented on her outfit and she said thank you, she bought drinks and then she left and I didn?t see her after that.?

That was until the next day.

?I saw a picture of her outfit and I was like, I remember the that outfit and so I said I did see her and we had that surveillance footage so we handed that over,? Spencer said.

On Thursday, investigators say a body, later confirmed to be Cordie?s, was found off the side of the road near the interchange with Wallace Road and Highway 18.

Since then, investigators with the Yamhill County Sheriff?s Office have kept details of the case close to the vest.

In a media release the agency wrote, ?This case is ongoing and in its early stages. Details that could compromise the investigation will not be released at this time. Additional information will be provided in the form of a media release when appropriate.?

On Friday, they released more information in another press release, writing, ?The Oregon State Medical Examiner?s Office has determined the cause of death to be from blunt force trauma. Investigators are working on determining how the trauma occurred and the circumstances surrounding it. ?

The sheriff?s office said details of the autopsy are not being released to ensure the integrity of the investigation.

There has been no word if investigators are looking for any suspects in regard to the case or if the public is in danger.

?Was it an accident or did somebody intentionally hurt her and I think that is a worry because Dayton is such a small town,? Spencer said.

Those living in and around Dayton echo the same message. They are praying for the young woman and her family.

?I really do feel for her family and I am just hoping that they are doing OK. Hopefully they get the answers they need as soon as they can,? Spencer said.

Anyone with information about this case is asked to contact the Yamhill County Sheriff?s Office at 503-434-7506.

https://www.koin.com/news/missing-pe...ht-/1394045006

Man who found Meighan Cordie: It 'didn't look right'
    Cordie was found dead from 'blunt-force trauma' on Thursday
    By: Jennifer Dowling, Velena Jones and KOIN 6 News
    Posted: Aug 24, 2018 04:01 PM PDT

DAYTON, Ore. (KOIN) -- Immediately, David Collins could tell something was wrong.

On Thursday, while driving near Hwy 18 in Yamhill County, Collins spotted some joggers on the side of the road. They looked panicked and confused, he said.

"That's why I stopped," Collins said. "Something didn't look right."

His intuition proved right. The women told Collins that there was a woman down an embankment. When he went down to check, he found the woman, later identified as 27-year-old Meighan Cordie, had already died.

Cordie, who had been missing for five days after she left her mother's car during an argument, died from blunt-force trauma, according to autopsy results revealed by the Yamhill County Sheriff's Office.

The family confirmed it was Cordie's body in a statement on Thursday.

"It is with very heavy hearts that we are sharing our believed daughter Meighan has been found deceased by the Yamhill County Sheriff's Office," the family said. "The pain our family is experiencing is unimaginable and we ask for privacy as we process this information and continue to grieve as a family."

The embankment where Collins found Cordie's body was 8-10 miles from where Cordie's mother said her daughter got out of the car. Cordie left her shoes and phone in the car.

She was last seen around 10:30 p.m. at the intersection of Upper Island Road and Grand Island Road, which is where they stopped their car. It's unclear what Cordie and her mom were fighting about or what her mom did after she got out.

How Cordie got from her mother's car to the embankment near Hwy 18 is something investigators -- as well as family and friends -- are still trying to piece together.

"She was young," said Emily Wegner, who lives in Dayton. "I know we don't know what happened, but it was definitely very scary.

"You don't think anything lie that would happen around here, so it's heartbreaking."

Say what? So the mom knew she jumped from her moving car and reported her missing?
    Jenn

Mom’s call to the non-emergency line:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bOmniE5ukY

She was “kinda worried” the next day after her daughter either jumped or fell out of a moving vehicle going fast enough to kill her.

...the hell?
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Maybe someone killed her bc she was wearing a blue floral pantsuit.

But seriously. Mom said she got out 8-9 miles away from where body was found yet proscecuter says she died instantly. Looks like no charges are being filed.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Mom was drunk after leaving the wedding venue, and wasn't able to comprehend or remember what happened. She was driving the car, hell she was probably so drunk she doesn't remember the ride home.

How'd that work out for you, mom? Knowing you're more than partially responsible for your daughter's death?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-report.html

And she leaves behind a daughter, who was also in the car at the time, too. Mom's a reeeeallll piece of work.

Rest in Peace, Meighan.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Well, holy shit. Did not see this one coming.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

I missed the updates on this so I'm bumping to say I don't believe Meighan jumped out of that car in front of her young daughter. Why would she do that when she knew it meant she was leaving her child trapped in a car with the same belligerent drunk driver she was trying to get them both away from?

It makes no sense at all. She left the wedding out of concern for her child & once they got in that car & she realised how drunk her mother was, she became so desperate to get her kid out of that dangerous situation that she preferred waiting in the dark, in the middle of nowhere, with a tired kid, to staying in the car with her drunk mother.

She'd literally just called her boyfriend to come & pick them up on the side of the road - he even overheard some of the fight - so why would she suddenly decide to fling herself out of a moving car - without her shoes, her pH etc - when that was going to guarantee that her daughter would now be trapped alone with her angry, drunk grandmother for the rest of the drive home & Meighan would have no way to contact her boyfriend?

There's a lot more to this story. Fuck this liar.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I missed the updates on this so I'm bumping to say I don't believe Meighan jumped out of that car in front of her young daughter. Why would she do that when she knew it meant she was leaving her child trapped in a car with the same belligerent drunk driver she was trying to get them both away from?

It makes no sense at all. She left the wedding out of concern for her child & once they got in that car & she realised how drunk her mother was, she became so desperate to get her kid out of that dangerous situation that she preferred waiting in the dark, in the middle of nowhere, with a tired kid, to staying in the car with her drunk mother.

She'd literally just called her boyfriend to come & pick them up on the side of the road - he even overheard some of the fight - so why would she suddenly decide to fling herself out of a moving car - without her shoes, her pH etc - when that was going to guarantee that her daughter would now be trapped alone with her angry, drunk grandmother for the rest of the drive home & Meighan would have no way to contact her boyfriend?

There's a lot more to this story. Fuck this liar.
    Yeah, and with the mother claiming that she got out about nine miles from where she was found sound super shady. There has to be way more to this.

What kind of vehicle were they in? Was it even high enough for her to go completely over the guard rail?

It seriously wouldn't surprise me if it turned out she got out of the car & was bending over to get her stuff or unbuckle her daughter & mum got angry & floored it, hitting her with the open door. Or maybe her mother was being a dick, taking off with her granddaughter in the car, then angrily coming back to argue more so Meighan had to jump out of the way of her drunk driving. Then grandma freaked out & shoved her over the rail out of sight.

I guess if either of those scenarios happened there'd be bruises/grazes & evidence at the scene making it obvious, so I dunno, I just know this explanation of hers makes no sense at all

Thread Information