Thread: Stella Kiarie (29) Died After Being Found In Her Car With Injuries Inconsistent With A Minor Car Accident

Stella Kiarie (29) Died After Being Found In Her Car With Injuries Inconsistent With A Minor Car Accident

This is unusual & I couldn't fit all the relevant detail in the title.

She was found in her own vehicle on the freeway with a rope around her neck & injuries inconsistent with a car accident. Her baby was found alone in her home. She was also an employee of Arizona's Refugee Resettlement Program.

https://www.azdps.gov/news/ims/23

AZDPS DETECTIVES INVESTIGATE WOMAN'S DEATH ALONG SR 101 NEAR BELL ROAD
    Incident Status:
    Active

Incident Date:
    Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 6:54am

Department Report Number:
    AZ1800333380

Preliminary Information:
    On Sunday, August 19, 2018, at about 6:54 a.m., troopers received a call of an unknown problem on southbound SR 101 near Bell Road. Upon arrival, troopers found a white passenger vehicle, up against the concrete median wall, with minor damage to the passenger side. Troopers determined the vehicle had been traveling southbound when it collided with the median wall.

Troopers entered the vehicle through an unlocked door and found an unconscious female in the driver?s seat. She had injuries that were not consistent with the minor collision of the vehicle against the wall. The Phoenix Fire Department arrived on scene and pronounced the woman, identified as Stella W. Kiarie, 29, from Phoenix, deceased.

AZDPS detectives arrived at the scene and assumed disposition of the investigation. Detectives found a child safety seat and were concerned for the whereabouts of the child. Detectives went to the deceased woman?s residence and found a one-year-old boy by himself. The Arizona Department of Child Safety (DCS) responded and took over care for the child.

The investigation remains open.

http://ktar.com/story/2184577/dps-in...-area-freeway/

DPS investigating woman?s death in car along Phoenix-area freeway

BY KTAR.COM
    AUGUST 20, 2018 AT 4:50 PM

PHOENIX ? The Arizona Department of Public Safety is investigating the death of a woman whose body was found in a vehicle along a Phoenix-area freeway early Sunday morning.

Troopers found the body of Stella W. Kiarie, 29, when they responded to a call of an unknown problem on the Loop 101 near Bell Road in Peoria around 7 a.m.

Upon arrival, troopers found a white vehicle crashed against the concrete median wall. The car had some damage to its passenger side.

Troopers determined that it had been traveling southbound on the highway when it crashed.

They then entered the car through an unlocked door and found an unconscious female in the driver?s seat, later determined to be Kiarie.

She was pronounced dead at the scene.

Kiarie was found with injuries that ?were not consistent? with the minor crash with the median wall.

The Associated Press reported Sunday that troopers at the scene reported finding the woman ?with a rope around her neck.?

A child safety seat was found in the vehicle, so detectives went to Kiarie?s home and found a 1-year-old boy by himself. He was taken into custody by the Arizona Department of Child Safety.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/stella-kiarie-27700a5a
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-22-2018 at 07:03 AM.

http://www.azfamily.com/story/389237...ar-on-loop-101

DPS: Baby found home alone after woman discovered dead in car on Loop 101
    Posted: Aug 21, 2018 9:35 AM
    Updated: Aug 21, 2018 2:40 PM
    By David BakerCONNECT

The woman found dead in the car in Peoria was identified as 29-year-old Stella W. Kiarie, per DPS. (Source: 3TV/CBS 5/Gary Pratt)

PEORIA, AZ (3TV/CBS 5) -
    The Department of Public Safety said detectives found a 1-year-old boy home alone in Phoenix shortly after finding a woman dead in her car.

The woman, identified as 29-year-old Stella W. Kiarie, from Phoenix, was found dead in her car on the Loop 101 Agua Fria Freeway near Bell Road on the southbound side around 7 a.m. on Sunday. The car was against the median wall with some damage to the passenger side, troopers said.

Troopers said Kiarie had a rope around her neck and her injuries weren't consistent with the crash against the wall.

Firefighters said she died at the scene.

Detectives found a child safety seat in the car and were concerned the woman might be taking care of a child.

So they went to her home and found a 1-year-old boy alone.

The Department of Child Safety has taken custody of the child.

Investigators haven't said if Kiarie is the mother of the baby or how she died.

People who knew the 29-year-old said she was compassionate and driven. In a presentation she made at the Phoenix Art Museum last October, she talked about becoming a foster parent.

Kiarie was an employee at the Arizona Department of Health Services. A statement from the agency can be read below.

All of Stella's colleagues at Arizona Department of Health Services were saddened by this news and this devastating loss. Stella was a kind, compassionate and important member of this team. Our deepest condolences are with her family and friends at this difficult time.

The Department is not available to do an interview at this time, this is a devastating loss to our Department and our hearts go out to her family and friends.

She was found around 7 a.m. on Sunday. (Source: 3TV/CBS 5)

Troopers said Kiarie had a rope around her neck and her injuries weren't consistent with the crash against the wall. (Source: 3TV/CBS 5)

Investigators found a child's car seat in the sedan and then found a 1-year-old boy at her home. (Source: 3TV/CBS 5)

Lots of mysteries in this one. Definitely suspect foul play but why? Who? And was the child hers or a foster or...? The rope around the neck? I have all the questions.

Yeah, I share all your questions. I wish I could've found a better way to word the title without writing a novel. The way I did end up wording really doesn't do any justice to the circumstances.

There's very little discussion of her case on U.S news sites. It surprised me at first but I guess maybe it's because she's a Kenyan immigrant & most of her U.S connections are through work, & being govt work, her colleagues are all being careful not to speak publicly.

I hope she had family in the U.S because it'll make it that much more devastating if there's no-one to handle everything & keep them informed

Quote Originally Posted by Non_Saepe View Post
    Lots of mysteries in this one. Definitely suspect foul play but why? Who? And was the child hers or a foster or...? The rope around the neck? I have all the questions.

You were right to wonder about it, turns out she was fostering the baby

https://www.12news.com/video/news/lo...her/75-8227463

Unanswered questions remain in the mysterious death of foster mother

Stella Kiarie worked for the state health department and was the foster mother to a one-year-old child. In a podcast she describes the joy of fostering a child. Kiarie mysteriously died over the weekend
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-22-2018 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Typos typos typos

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    This is a strange story

RIP Stella

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Yeah, I share all your questions. I wish I could've found a better way to word the title without writing a novel. The way I did end up wording really doesn't do any justice to the circumstances.

There's very little discussion of her case on U.S news sites. It surprised me at first but I guess maybe it's because she's a Kenyan immigrant & most of her U.S connections are through work, & being govt work, her colleagues are all being careful not to speak publicly.

I hope she had family in the U.S because it'll make it that much more devastating if there's no-one to handle everything & keep them informed
    I can't even find any info regarding whether or not they have any leads or anything reported outside of an Arizona news source. It does appear to be either hush-hush or who-cares. Hoping it's the former. She was beautiful, apparently both inside and out.
    Sarcastic. Skeptic Tank. Self-deprecating.

There's a tiny bit more info now

http://www.azfamily.com/story/389588...ar-on-loop-101

Friend shares new details about woman found dead in car on Loop

Posted: Aug 25, 2018 10:36 AM
    Updated: Aug 25, 2018 4:59 PM
    By Max GordenCONNECT

(3TV/CBS 5) -
    The friend of a Valley woman found dead in her car on the Loop 101 last Sunday is speaking out.

Zoe Sarabo says she was close to Stella Kiarie, but says nothing gave her the sense that anything was wrong.

?I?m still, you know, processing it all,? Sarabo said.

Arizona state troopers found Kiarie with a rope around her neck, and say she had injuries inconsistent with a car crash. DPS says it also found a car seat in the back of a vehicle, leading troopers to find Kiarie?s 1-year-old foster child home alone.

Sarabo says Kiarie would never leave the child unattended.

?No, she took him everywhere,? Sarabo said. ?Everybody could tell you that Stella had a baby.?

Meanwhile, Sarabo says some people concerned Kiarie.

?Particular individuals she was afraid might scare her at some point or show up at her door,? Sarabo said.

Though Sarabo added she doesn?t know if they were involved in Kiarie?s death.

?There?s no reason for me to think of that past situation,? Sarabo said. ?Those relationships with those individuals were rekindled.?

Sarabo says the last time she saw Kiarie was the day before she was found dead, at a birthday party for Kiarie?s foster child.

Sarabo says she?ll remember Kiarie as a caring foster mother, and a woman with opportunities on the horizon.

?She loved life,? Sarabo said. ?She?s going to be missed.?

Funeral announcement from August

https://diasporamessenger.com/2018/0...le-washington/

Funeral/Burial Announcement of Stella Wanjiru Kiarie (Daughter to Patrick and Ann Kiarie ? Baba & Mama Kihuria; Sister to Wilson Kiarie):-

Friday August 31st, 2018; 11pm
    Body Viewing 11am-12pm
    Main Chapel Services 12pm
    Journey Church
    701 S 320th St, Federal Way, WA 98003

Graveyard Services
    Mountain View Cemetery
    2020 Mountain View Dr SW, Auburn, WA 98001

OMG. She was BEAUTIFUL.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

She was

I keep wondering where her baby ended up

https://yourvalley.net/yourvalley/fi...uicide-peoria/

Authorities rule Stella Kiarie’s death a suicide following medical examiner report

Months after a woman was found dead inside her vehicle on a Peoria freeway, the Arizona Department of Public Safety and the Maricopa County Medical Examiner have deemed her death a suicide.

In the early morning hours of Aug. 19, Stella Wanjiru Kiarie, 29, was found dead in her Honda Accord, which had been involved in an unwitnessed minor collision against the concrete center median on southbound Loop 101 near Bell Road.

A medical examiner report released last week to the Daily News-Sun states Ms. Kiarie’s seat belt was buckled and the airbag had deployed. She had a purse string wrapped around her neck three times and incision wounds on her neck and arms. It was previously reported Ms. Kiarie was found with a rope around her neck.

The manner of death is listed as a suicide. DPS agreed with the ruling.

“The report is complete and under supervisor review,” DPS stated in the email to the Daily News-Sun Nov. 2. “We’ve deemed the death a suicide as well."

Authorities also found evidence pointing towards Ms. Kiarie wanting to harm herself, the medical report states.

Thread Information