Thread: Shannon DeFranco (46) committed suicide by hanging

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-13-2019 at 10:39 AM.

One of her friends said she passed because of an accident but no more details.
    Jenn

Sad

Manner:
    SUICIDE
    Cause A:
    SEQUELAE OF HANGING

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Sad

Manner:
    SUICIDE
    Cause A:
    SEQUELAE OF HANGING
    OMG...why?

What?s...

How true is this about Shannon?

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuga View Post
    OMG...why?
    How true is this?

And if it is true. Out of respect for our family this type of personal manner needs to be taken off the internet.

It can’t get any more real. The info is from the ME who did the autopsy

Quote Originally Posted by Lsteele6 View Post
    How true is this?

And if it is true. Out of respect for our family this type of personal manner needs to be taken off the internet.
    The medical examiner has it on their site. And I'm pretty sure they won't take it down.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

When I got to the ME site nothing comes up. What I am talking about is y?all posting this kind of thing online. Think of her Children who don?t know the cause of death.

They don?t need to find comments like this online.

Why are y?all so noisy anyways.... why does it matter how she died. No matter what it?s tragic.

And an FYI she died peaceful in the hospital surrounded by her loved ones.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    And an FYI she died peaceful in the hospital surrounded by her loved ones.
    I am so very sorry for the loss of Shannon. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to find a site such as this and see her name/cause of death posted. Please know we do not mean any disrespect and all of us here have lost loved ones throughout the years.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    We understand both the seriousness and the tragedy behind her death, unfortunately.

Welcome to mds, where these things are posted by a community of caring individuals who, like you, have families, loved ones, children, and friends whom we care deeply about. There exists no difference between this site and the discussions that occur around the water cooler at work, or the dinner table at home, or just about anywhere else.

Yes, she passed in the hospital, it sounds as if it were the result of an attempted hanging gone awry.

As tragic as that is, it is also public information. Anyone anywhere can access the information that the medical examiner posts.

It is obvious you knew Shannon, and I'm sorry you had to find out like this. Death, though inevitable, is not something that we think about when we want to feel good about life. It puts a little dark cloud in our sunny sky.

I'm sorry for your loss, but what you're missing is that this forum also gives those who knew her the opportunity to share their memories of the person you knew her to be. Not only is that welcome and encouraged (but in no way required), it may just prove cathartic to you or to any of her other relatives, friends and acquaintances.

I hope you have a better day, and you have my deepest sympathies in your loss.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

I am her family. And I speak for my whole family when I say this.. it is one thing for the ME to put it. It is another for people to comment these things.

This is a priavate family matter.

Eventually this won?t be on the ME site. (After about a year) so people don?t need to post comments for her children to find.

It wasn?t a hanging gone awry . She was found by family. And alive. She was in the hospital a little over a week. She passed away peacefully surrounded by her loved ones.

This is what I am getting at. That once this is off of the ME website (which it will be) it shouldn?t be rehashed online.

I am her family. And I speak for my whole family when I say this.. it is one thing for the ME to put it. It is another for people to comment these things.

Eventually this won?t be on the ME site. (After about a year) so people don?t need to post comments for her children to find.

It wasn?t a hanging gone awry . She was found by family. And alive. She was in the hospital a little over a week. She passed away peacefully surrounded by her loved ones.

This is what I am getting at. That once this is off of the ME website (which it will be) it shouldn?t be rehashed online.
    They don’t remove info after one year. Just fyi

Not to be disrespectful, but if it wasn't a hanging gone wrong, what happened?

I'm glad she was able to say goodbye to her loved ones before passing.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Going on two years. Think of her children? Apparently she wasn't.. Happy Holidays and a Happy upcoming New Year to everyone. 🥂

And not to be disrespectful, but what was her reason? Not enough vacations in Maui? Pretty well-to-do.. I honestly feel heartbroken for her children. No excuse for a mother to off herself! A lot to live for.. She should have wanted to live for her children.. How 99% of mothers feel.. Her husband is a handsome man.. I hope he finds a replacement for the kids. A real mother. One who will love, care, and be there for the kids.. Not herself.

Heartbreaking..

PhillipABowl, are you 3 different people?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Not to be disrespectful, but if it wasn't a hanging gone wrong, what happened?

I'm glad she was able to say goodbye to her loved ones before passing.

I work in trauma surgery services and sadly, hangings are part of our practice. "Sequela" of hanging could be literally anything that caused her death while she was in the hospital after the attempt, but we have a few more common causes that I'm willing to explain. If you are a friend or family member of Ms. DeFranco, I wish to express my most sincere condolences for your loss and warn you that what I'm about to detail could be too upsetting for you to read so you may want to skip it.

One of the more common consequences of suicide attempts by hanging is neurological damage. A ligature around the neck compresses the carotid arteries, starving the brain of oxygen, causing tissue to die. A brain starved of oxygen can also swell, and the compression against the skull will also kill brain tissue. Once the brain dies there is nothing to control the body's automatic functions, such as breathing or your heartbeat.

Another common cause of death after hanging is laryngeal damage and delayed pulmonary edema leading to acute respiratory distress. If a person hangs themself where they are actually suspended off of the ground instead of the Robin Williams/lean forward while seated they can damage the larynx, the "windpipe" in their neck. This injury requires an emergency tracheotomy but the brain is often deprived of oxygen long before they get to the hospital or before the paramedic trachs them on site (which is extremely rare).

Oftentimes, a person will survive the attempt and appear to be on the mend but then go into severe respiratory distress and die because of delayed pulmonary edema, where the lungs suddenly fill with fluid, impeding oxygenation.

And Mr. Phillip, depression is a disease that impairs the sufferer's mind from being able to rationalize properly. You're right that Ms. DeFranco was blessed in many ways but the diseased mind either cant see that or honestly thinks that their family would be better off without them. All the sufferer knows is that they are in terrible mental and physical pain and that they can't take it anymore. When they get into a crisis and decide to make an attempt, which often occurs in just a matter of minutes, there is no "my children love me and need me" or "I should look up that suicide hotline number," they just go for it.

Thread Information