Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kiera Bergman (19) was murdered and an investigation is ongoing

Kiera Bergman (19) was murdered and an investigation is ongoing

http://www.cbs8.com/story/38854347/s...urn-in-arizona

Kiera Bregman, 19, had recently moved to Arizona from San Diego with her boyfriend.

According to Kiera?s mother, Kiersten Bragg, her daughter left work early Saturday and then vanished.

Bregman said Kiera?s roommate called her earlier this week saying she had not seen Kiera for day. ?I am so scared for her right now ? out there not knowing where she is and what she is going through.?

Kiera?s San Diego based family is currently living at a Glendale hotel desperately awaiting word on their loved one. Kiera?s family said she worked at a Glendale leasing company.

Kiera?s purse, wallet and car were found at her nearby apartment complex.

Police said the investigation is in its earliest stages. Officials said they currently have more questions than answers. ?Her disappearance is unique, in that we don?t have any answers and no leads as to where she currently might be. This is out of character for her to not speak with friends or family,? said Sgt. Vincent Lewis, Phoenix Police.

For Kiera?s family, her disappearance just does not make sense. ?If she wants to be gone for a day, she?ll at least let somebody know. She?ll at least contact somebody. I am very scared. I just want her home,? said Kiera?s sister, Braydee Bragg.
    https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/51675

This girl looks very different in every picture I have seen of her.

https://www.facebook.com/kiera.bragg?ref=br_rs

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2018...ion_is_ongoing

The article says Bregman and the fb says Bergman. She did post that fundraiser for anxiety and depression. Hoping she was ok mentally.
    Jenn

Pretty sure it's the correct FB. I copied her name from the article, but I think they have spelled it wrong. I think is it Bergman. Her family's name is Bragg, which is part of the url for the FB.

GFM:https://www.gofundme.com/search-efforts-for-kiera

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/phoenix...r-over-a-week/

One of her roommates told KPHO-TV that she didn't come home after sending a strange text message. "She was saying that she was going to go out with some guy that she met at the store a couple days ago, which is something that's not like her, I mean, that's not something that she would do," Destiny Hall-Chand told the station.

A roommate called Bergman's mother, Kiersten Bragg, last Monday when Kiera didn't come to work. Bergman's family traveled from San Diego to Arizona last week and spent Friday posting fliers asking for help around the apartment complex in the Phoenix-area city of Glendale.

"This is my worst nightmare," Bragg told KPHO-TV. "... For it to now be a week and her not getting in contact with anybody, this is not Kiera."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/dad-lack-i...ry?id=57167995

Bergman had moved from her hometown of San Diego to Phoenix in March to seek independence, but also to live with a new boyfriend, Chris Bragg said.

The couple met in San Diego, and after about four months, they moved in together in Phoenix, her father said.

Bragg described it as an "on-again, off-again relationship," and when they broke up recently, Bergman moved in with a roommate, Chris Bragg said.

"Once she moved out here, I noticed just a lot of that was kind of changing," Bergman's mother, Kiersten Bragg, told ABC News earlier this week. "I do know that they did fight a lot and I do feel like the pressure of that relationship had a lot to do with her feeling ... she didn’t seem as happy as she was before."

Bergman's case is considered a missing person investigation -- not a criminal one -- so there are no suspects or persons of interest, Lewis said.

Quote Originally Posted by DiaDeLosMuertos View Post
    The article says Bregman and the fb says Bergman. She did post that fundraiser for anxiety and depression. Hoping she was ok mentally.
    I saw this, too. I have a child who suffers from anxiety and depression and I live fully aware that ANYTHING can set him off and that one day he might not be able to pull back. We're on our 6th medication and do therapy weekly and it's still an exhausting process. I certainly hope she didn't self-harm.

Does anyone know WHY she left work early as reported in the first story? Was the text about meeting someone legit or do they think her phone may have been stolen?

Ugh. This is sad either way.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...id=mailsignout

Phoenix police arrested the boyfriend of missing 19-year-old Kiera Bergman on Friday on suspicion of identity theft and forgery.

A search warrant was executed Monday on a vehicle belonging to 23-year-old Jon-Christopher Clark, Phoenix police said in a statement Friday evening.

Investigators found “numerous items with personal identifying information of others, as well as items of forgery" in the search, said Phoenix police Sgt. Vince Lewis, in the statement.

The arrest comes a day after The Arizona Republic published an interview with Clark in which he denied any involvement in Kiera's disappearance.

Investigators now “say her disappearance is suspicious,” Lewis told The Arizona Republic.

The thread title is wrong. Her last name is Bergman, not Bregman.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...icious-n902331

Sergeant Lewis said authorities began their investigation by talking to people who were close with Kiera, who may have known where she was in the days and hours leading up to her disappearance. One of the people they spoke with was Jon-Christopher Clark, Kiera’s on-again-off-again boyfriend.

“When we spoke to him, investigators were able to identify places she had likely been before she disappeared, and one of those places was his car,” Sgt. Lewis told Dateline.

Authorities then obtained a search warrant for the car. During that search, they discovered numerous items that contained personal identification information for people other than Clark.

On Friday August 17, according to Sgt. Lewis, “Jon-Christopher was arrested and booked on 22 counts of aggravated identity theft and two counts of forgery.” Police say the charges are not related to Kiera’s disappearance. When asked by Dateline if Clark is considered a person of interest in Kiera’s disappearance, the sergeant would not comment. Clark is currently being held in the Maricopa County Jail.

Clark’s August 4 Instagram post says he wanted to “get the record straight” with those who suspect him of being involved with Kiera’s disappearance.
    Sergeant Lewis says Kiera’s case is an active missing persons investigation and authorities want to find her.

“In order to start a ground search, you need a location,” Sgt. Lewis told Dateline. “Other than her home and, of course, [Clark’s] vehicle we spoke about, the information we have gotten hasn’t identified an exact location.

“The complete severance in contact with friends and those close to her, and the inability for people to connect with her -- that’s inexplicable. And there are other suspicious parts of the investigation that I can’t share,” Sgt. Lewis added. “Her disappearance appeared sudden and suspicious, and for that reason we are concerned.”

Kiera’s mother Kiersten says police have been tight-lipped about their findings.

“It’s an open investigation, and so I know that they can’t share things with me. But they’ve reassured me that they are investigating it and, you know, doing everything they can to find my daughter. So we’re very thankful for that,” she said.
    Her BF's IG:https://www.instagram.com/jonnylongway/?hl=en

https://fox5sandiego.com/2018/08/22/...yfriends-role/

The mother of Kiera Bergman, a 19-year-old El Cajon native who has been missing in Arizona for nearly a month, voiced new suspicions about her daughter's ex-boyfriend in an interview with FOX 5 on Wednesday.

"From what I’m hearing, he is the last person that saw her. That’s why I feel like there’s more to it than what he’s saying,” said Kiersten Bragg. “I’m praying that she is still alive, but with how long she been missing, the thought in the back of my head is that if she’s not, then where is she?”

“I heard they got into a fight over Facetime and then Kiera went home early and Jon picked her up. Employees said she looked distraught and they saw her leave with him," Bragg told FOX 5.

That was on Aug. 4. When Bergman didn’t come home Saturday night and didn’t show up to work Monday, she was reported missing by her roommate.

Her purse, keys and car were all at the home. Her roommate said she also received a strange text. Her mother says the message didn’t sound like her at all: “Anyone that knows her, knows she sends really short text messages.”

Bragg said she was never a fan of Clark because her daughter had confided in her that he had some unsavory characteristics. “She let me know he scammed people. To me, that’s not a good person,” Bergman's mother said.

Clark has not been named a suspect in the teen's disappearance, but he was arrested on unrelated charges on Friday. He faces 22 counts of aggravated identity theft and two counts of forgery. “I really don’t believe him now, after the situation he’s in,” Bragg said of the charges.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...il/1086896002/

The on-again, off-again boyfriend of 19-year-old Kiera Bergman, who has been missing for three weeks, was set to be released from jail in connection with an unrelated case, officials said Friday.

Jon-Christopher Clark, 23, was arrested Aug. 17 on suspicion of identity theft and forgery, according to the Phoenix Police Department.

"The County Attorney's Office has requested additional information from law enforcement to make a determination" on what formal charges will or will not be brought, said Rebecca Wilder, Maricopa County Attorney's Office spokeswoman.

"The charges are under review," Wilder said.

In Clark's court appearance Friday, the court commissioner ordered him to be released, Maricopa County Superior Court spokesman Bryan Bouchard confirmed. He said a probation revocation hearing for Clark was vacated because no petition to revoke was filed.

"As far as charges being dropped or levied, that's the County Attorney's determination, not the court," Bouchard said.

Sgt. Bryant Vanegas of the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office said Clark likely would be released late Friday or early Saturday because it may take several hours to complete paperwork and go through processing.

Phoenix Police have said Clark is not a suspect in Bergman's disappearance. However, the man was questioned and a warrant served on his vehicle as part of the investigation

They found her body. Wonder what happened? A local friend of mine knows her and says she was a really sweet person. :(

https://www.10news.com/news/national...nix-police-say
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

Whoops. Here is article clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    PHOENIX - Missing 19-year-old Kiera Bergman has been located deceased in the West Valley.

Phoenix police said Bergman?s body was located near State Route 85 and Hazen Road on Monday.

The Maricopa County Sheriff?s Office recovered Bergman?s body and Phoenix police assumed the homicide investigation.

Bergman was last seen at her home near on Aug. 4.

According to police, Bergman never returned home after leaving and has not been seen or heard from since.

At this time, no arrest has been made.

Phoenix police have suspected foul play in the disappearance of the 19-year-old.

Phoenix police arrested Bergman's ex-boyfriend while interviewing him about Kiera's disappearance. A search of his car turned up several stolen IDs.

He was arrested and charged with 22 counts of aggravated felony theft and two counts of forgery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

Oh man, I was really hoping she was ok. She seemed to have a really great, vivacious personality (based on her photos) and I was hoping she was just off on some grand adventure. RIP Kiera

Just saw the update on the news. Ugh, poor girl.
    Jenn

http://www.cbs8.com/story/39043085/p...n-want-justice

Breaking down in tears on Thursday, Kiera’s parents, the Bragg family in El Cajon, said they're very appreciative of the cyclist who discovered their daughter along a roadway in Maricopa County, Arizona.

“I want to thank the bike rider guy who was out there and who came across my daughter,” said Kiera’s mother Kiersten Bragg. “Thank you. Had you not went on your bike ride she would still probably be there, so I thank you for that."
    Police have not named any suspects in Kiera's death nor have they said how or when she may have died.

"That person deserves the same thing that Kiera got,” said Kiera’s father Chris Bragg.

Police call Kiera's case an "active homicide investigation,” and finding her body has been some relief for the family.

The family plans to have Kiera’s body brought home.

"She belongs here in San Diego with her family,” said her father.

Is anyone surprised???

http://www.azfamily.com/story/390709...-murder-charge

Police say they are recommending a first-degree murder charge be filed against the ex-boyfriend of a 19-year-old Phoenix woman who was found dead a month after she vanished.

Sgt. Vince Lewis of the Phoenix Police Department said Tuesday afternoon that investigators have developed probable cause linking Jon Christopher Clark to the death of Kiera Bergman.

Clark,23, was already in jail on unrelated charges of aggravated identity theft and forgery. He was arrested about two weeks after Bergman disappeared but at the time, investigators did not have anything to connect him to her case.

At this point, police have not said why they suspect Clark.

Arizona's Family is working on getting the court documents that should give us more information about that.

While law-enforcement agencies make charging recommendations in their cases, it is always up to the Maricopa County Attorney's Office to make the decisions and take action.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...493104841.html

The man charged with killing a 19-year-old El Cajon woman, missing for weeks before her body was discovered decomposing in the Arizona desert, told investigators the last time he saw his girlfriend was when she stormed out of her apartment the day she went missing.

A 15-page document Phoenix police filed with the Superior Court of Maricopa County details why investigators don’t believe him. It’s called a probable cause statement, a summary of facts that establish why the defendant is being charged with the crimes, in this case, first-degree murder.

NBC 7 has obtained a copy of Phoenix police’s case against Clark.

The document lists a history of domestic disputes that left bruises on Kiera Bergman’s body. It also documents a possibility of a pregnancy; a farewell letter typed out on the defendant’s phone and evidence of Kiera’s phone hitting the same WiFi router as the defendant’s, days after she had been reported missing.

Before she died, Kiera told a witness Clark would restrain her when they fought by placing one hand against her upper chest and throat, the document says.
    Kiera’s roommate arrived home and found it unusual that Kiera would have left behind her car and purse, which contained her ID and bank card, according to the probable cause statement.

While Kiera’s roommate was in the shower, she received a text message from Kiera’s phone stating:

“Girl my phone is about to die but I’m (expletive) done with Jon. I met this guy a couple days ago when I went to the store and I asked him to come pick me up so I’m just chilling with him at his house smoking. I’ll call you when I get a charger. And make sure Jon leaves!”

The text message is documented in the statement police submitted to the court. The document says the roommate found it particularly odd because of its length and language.

Police say while Kiera’s roommate was in the shower, several text messages were exchanged between Clark and Kiera’s phone. The conversation shows Clark asking for permission to use Kiera’s bank card to withdrawal $500 from her checking account.

“Kiera had placed just enough money into her account on August 3, 2018 to cover the upcoming rent withdraw from her account and would not have had $500 in her account for removal without defaulting on the rent payment,” the probable cause statement says.

Police said Clark had a history of accessing Kiera’s personal accounts like her Facebook, her bank account, withdrawing money using her pin, and sending text messages from her phone.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...500241991.html

The family of an El Cajon teen who was found dead started a drive to help survivors of domestic abuse and homelessness.

Kiera Bergman, 19, went missing in September and was later discovered dead in the Arizona desert.

Her boyfriend, Jon Christopher Clark, 23, was later arrested and charged with first-degree murder. He pleaded not guilty.

Kiera’s family spoke with NBC 7 after her remains were found, and her dad said, “We’re completely heartbroken as a family.”

Now, they want to honor her by setting up a drive on Amazon.

Users can view needed items from the family’s list. It consists of everyday household goods that many people in crisis housing would need.
    Amazon wish list:https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/w.../18P322LIVOKJG

Well fuck.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ed/1090906001/

A case against an Arizona man accused of murdering his 19-year-old girlfriend could be dismissed after several concerns were raised regarding a grand jury presentation.

Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Jay Adleman granted Jon-Christopher Clark?s request to allow a grand jury to reconsider whether there is probable cause to charge him in the murder of Kiera Bergman, according to court records.
    According to court records, the issue involved testimony surrounding phone, text and social media records.

?This data largely consists of Cox and iCloud records including, but not limited to, the cellular phone records, text messages and social media account information for both the Defendant and Ms. Bergman,? court records said.

This information was presented to a grand jury in September and led to the indictment against Clark.

Clark argued the state provided the grand jury misleading testimony about his attempt to communicate with Bergman after she disappeared.

The state asked someone during testimony if the only text they observed from Clark's phone to Bergman's phone was on the day after she went missing. The person testified they were only aware of one text.

However, the accurate information was that Clark reached out to her numerous times via text and on social media.

In the judge?s ruling, Adelman wrote that the state now concedes the testimony was factually inaccurate and that Clark ?repeatedly attempted to contact the victim through text messages and numerous social media accounts throughout the month of August 2018.?

?It is well-established that false or misleading testimony cannot be utilized as the basis for a determination of probable cause,? court records stated.

Adelman stated in the ruling that the court agrees with Clark?s assertion regarding the misleading nature of the testimony and that the grand jurors were entitled to know the full extent of his efforts to communication with Bergman during the search for her.

https://www.abc15.com/news/crime/sil...an-murder-case

In a status conference before Judge Jay Adelman, Clark was ordered to be released from custody with electronic monitoring until his trial. That trial was scheduled to begin on March 25 but has been postponed until April 6, 2020.

Recent Stories from abc15.com

The judge also ordered that Silent Witness disclose the identity of an informant who called them saying they spotted Kiera Bergman at the Indigo Creek Apartments on Aug. 13, 2018, at 5:15 p.m., four days after she was reported missing.

Phoenix police and Maricopa County prosecutors were ordered to disclose all reports and contacts with the informant.

Bergman's disappearance garnered national attention for weeks in August 2018 after the 19-year-old went missing just hours after leaving work.

Roughly a month after her disappearance, her body was found near State Route 85 in Buckeye. Police arrested her ex-boyfriend, Jon Christopher Clark, and charged him with Kiera's murder.

No murder weapon was ever discovered, and her cause of death was undetermined.

Jon Christopher Clark is currently the only person charged with Bergman's murder.

Detectives never found DNA on Bergman's remains or at the crime scene. They were not even able to determine the cause of death.

Detectives still made the arrest, writing in court documents that Clark was a physically abusive and manipulative boyfriend.

They also say he was the last one to see Bergman alive, and they say her cell phone was turned on days after she was last seen, and it connected to the same wireless internet as Clark's phone.

Police believe the boyfriend continued using her phone, but it was never found.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ed/5115757002/

The case against an Arizona man charged with murdering his teenage girlfriend has been dismissed, nearly a year after a judge granted a request for a grand jury to reconsider whether there was probable cause to charge him.

A grand jury indicted Jon-Christopher Clark in May on charges of second-degree murder and tampering with physical evidence in the 2018 death of Kiera Lane Bergman, 19.
    Judge Jay Ryan Adleman stated in his ruling Tuesday that he had an issue with prosecutors' "clear mishandling of the potentially exculpatory Silent Witness records."

The judge dismissed the case without prejudice, which allows the Maricopa County Attorney's Office to refile charges if it decides to do so.

Jennifer Liewer, the County Attorney's Office spokeswoman, told The Arizona Republic that it hopes to make a decision in the coming days or weeks, and that its goal is to seek justice for Bergman and her family.

"Moving forward, we will be reviewing the available and admissible evidence and will then determine whether it is appropriate to re-file charges," she said.

Ugh, her poor family.

This girl was featured on an Investigation Discovery show last night.I think it was "Still A Mystery".

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ty/9255367002/

Trial of boyfriend charged in Kiera Bergman murder case moved to Pinal County

The murder case of 19-year-old Kiera Bergman, whose body was found west of Phoenix after being missing for nearly one month in 2018, has been moved to Pinal County, officials said.

Arizona's Family was the first to report the news on Thursday, citing Bergman's family members who said "complications" with a former attorney prevented the Maricopa County Attorney's Office from taking the case to trial.

Bergman was last seen alive at her apartment near 51st Avenue and Thunderbird Road on Aug. 4, 2018. Her body was found near State Route 85 and Hazen Road on Sept. 3.

A grand jury indicted Jon-Christopher Clark, Bergman's boyfriend, on charges of second-degree murder and tampering with physical evidence in May 2019.
    A judge dismissed the case without prejudice in early 2020, saying that prosecutors mishandled Silent Witness records. Dismissing a case without prejudice allows prosecutors to refile charges if they decide to do so.

The Maricopa County Attorney's Office confirmed to The Republic on Friday morning that the case was handed over to Pinal County, but said it could not comment further on pending prosecution.

The Pinal County Attorney's Office said it agreed to take on the case, but referred The Republic to Maricopa County for further details as to why it was moved.

Pinal County has requested a continuance until late spring or early summer "due to the complexity of the case" and is awaiting the judge's ruling, Attorney's Office spokesperson Mike Pelton said.

Clark's trial is currently scheduled for Feb. 22, according to court records.

Thread Information