Thread: Jett McKee aka Scepaz (30) was killed with a samurai sword

Jett McKee aka Scepaz (30) was killed with a samurai sword

There's very little info on this so far other than the victim was in his 20s & they're searching for a man & a woman.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PaulKadak...63726647091201

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...10-p4zwqu.html

10 August 2018 ? 1:17pm

Police are hunting for two people after a man was shot dead in Sydney's inner west on Friday afternoon.

Police said a man, believed to be aged in his 20s, was shot and then managed to walk down the street before he collapsed in the middle of the road at Forest Lodge.

A man was found dead on the street in Forest Lodge, in Sydney's inner west on Friday.

Photo: Wolter Peeters

Police were called to the intersection of Hereford Street and Minogue Crescent in Forest Lodge about 12.40pm, and investigations are continuing.

A police spokeswoman said they were searching for two people believed to be involved in the shooting, but did not have descriptions at this stage.

Police said the two people were last seen running into a nearby premises but it was not yet known if they were still inside.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2018..._samurai_sword

Looks like they're going to bust some doors in. I hope they get the right house. A lot of places in Forest Lodge are 120+ yr old terraces & you practically step onto the footpath when you open your front door. So just because there's blood near your front door doesn't necessarily mean someone associated with your property was involved in an assault.

Also, according to some journos on twitter, police have stopped saying "shot dead" & are just saying "head injuries" now

https://twitter.com/dailytelegraph/s...10796036939776

https://twitter.com/matthewabridges/...05741229334528
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's gone from gun to samurai sword now. & the gun that was located at the scene was only a replica.

Hopefully they searched the scene thoroughly for discarded fedoras & trails of neckbeard hairs

Fucksake this is starting to take a few unexpected twists & turns??

https://au.news.yahoo.com/man-found-...105359976.html

Man found dead in Sydney street 'behind break-in gone wrong'

11 August 2018, 8:53 pm AEST

New details have revealed what led to the murder of a man in a street in Sydney?s inner west, metres from a primary school.

Pictures have been released of the immediate aftermath of the death in Forest Lodge, showing a balaclava, fake gun and knuckle dusters on the road.

Detectives are investigating whether the murdered man was behind a suspected home invasion turned deadly.

?I heard a woman in the street yelling out ?don?t? and screaming. And I just rushed out thinking she was being attacked,? witness Lynne Charlesworth said.

?When I came out of the house I saw a man slumped in the street covered in blood.?

A fake gun, balaclava and knuckle dusters were found on the road in Forest Lodge.

Witnesses say they heard a woman scream ?who are you? moments before the attack.

It is believed the 30-year-old victim tried to gain access to a Hereford Street home.

Ms Charlesworth watched the aftermath, horrified at the scene that played out.

?He got to our car, laid back on it. He then pulled himself up and thats how the car got covered in blood,? she said.

Witnesses told 7 News a man and woman chased the victim from a house and when they caught up with him the man struck the victim multiple times in the head with a Samurai sword.

It?s understood the victim also lived on the same street.

Police say the trio was known to each other. The man and woman are still on the run and investigators say they know who they are and it won?t be long before they catch up with them.

They?re described as Caucasian and both in their 20s. The woman has bleached blonde hair, while the man?s is short and brown.

Well that was a completely unexpected victim I.D.

This just keeps getting wilder

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-1...asion/10113788

Sydney hip-hop artist Scepaz may have been involved in botched home invasion before death in street, police believe
    By police reporter Mark Reddie
    Updated 37 minutes ago

PHOTO: Hip-hop artist Jett McKee, known as Scepaz, has been identified as the victim. (Supplied)

Police are investigating whether the man found dead on an inner-city Sydney street on Friday afternoon was involved in a home invasion just minutes before he was killed.

The man, today identified as 30-year-old Sydney hip-hop artist Jett McKee ? who used the stage name Scepaz ? was found dead in the middle of the road in broad daylight in the leafy Sydney suburb Forest Lodge.

McKee was heard fighting with a man and a woman inside a terrace house on Hereford Street at around lunchtime.

Neighbours say they saw a man staggering down the street with blood pouring down his face before he collapsed and died.

The area was immediately placed into lockdown, with traffic diversions in place, and residents told to stay inside their homes.

A man and a woman are still on the run, but police say they know who they are looking for, and believe the trio knew each other.

Both are described as being Caucasian, in their mid-20s ? the man has short brown hair, while the woman has bleached blonde hair.

Detectives are now investigating whether McKee used a replica gun during a suspected home invasion gone wrong before he was killed.

The pistol was seized during a line search after the attack, while knuckle dusters and a balaclava were found on the road.

Witnesses have described seeing a man and a woman chase McKee before the man allegedly pulled out a Samurai sword.

Police are confident no shots were fired, but have been unable to reveal how the victim died.

The 30-year-old, whose LinkedIn profile describes himself as a "software order processor", was also the self-described head of Sub Conscious Records.

His Triple J Unearthed profile biography states McKee released a solo album, Lost Ones, in 2012 and followed it with a "16-track conceptual album" Love.

RIP Scepaz

It's just so fucking weird. Why would he be doing a home invasion on his own, in broad daylight, in his own street & on neighbours who actually knew him? & why the fuck did the neighbours bolt afterwards if it really was a home invasion & they were defending themselves? It's not like police weren't immediately going to know who they are??

None of it makes sense
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-12-2018 at 10:36 PM.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-1...death/10115964

Two people arrested after Sydney hip-hop artist Scepaz found dead in street
    Updated 41 minutes ago

Jett McKee, 30, was attacked with a samurai sword during a suspected home invasion gone wrong at Forest Lodge just after lunchtime.

The hi-hop artist also known as Scepaz was seen staggering down Hereford Street with blood dripping from his forehead before he collapsed and died.

After being on the run for three days, a man and a woman handed themselves into Newtown Police Station, where they are undergoing questioning.

Police expect to lay charges in the coming hours.

YOUTUBE: Warning: Offensive language. Sub Conscious Records You Tube video featuring Scepaz

Detectives said earlier they were investigating whether McKee had used a replica gun during a suspected home invasion before his death.

After the attack, knuckle dusters and a balaclava were found on a road, and a pistol was seized during a line search.

Witnesses said they saw a man and a woman chase McKee.

McKee's LinkedIn profile said he was a "software order processor", and named him the head of Sub Conscious Records.

The rapper was well-known in the Sydney hip-hop community.

Several tributes appeared online on Monday.

Triple j hip-hop show host Hau Latukefu said he had seen McKee at gigs and played his music on the show.

"I know how hard it is to lose a loved one, especially at such a young age, so I'd like to wish strength and love to his family, crew and supporters," Latukefu wrote.

McKee previously used Sydney's inner city area as a backdrop in his film clips.

So she's been charged with murder & he may be too once he gets out of hospital. Sounds like he was seriously injured during the altercation.

I just don't understand the scenario at all. Scepaz was an IT worker, not a gangster. There are hundreds of comments from people describing him as a lovely, respectful guy. Not one person is saying they ever guessed he'd be involved in anything even remotely like this. So either he was very successful at hiding a dark criminal side from people who knew him, or there's a lot more to this story.

Like, did someone unknown party set up both of them by catfishing as the female neighbour & lying to Scepaz that she was into rape fantasies or some shit? Because according to witnesses she was inside her house screaming "Who are you" at one point - this makes it likely that despite all the positive comments about him, he really did put on a balaclava, arm himself, & force his way into her home.

I dunno, I guess it's more likely he had a side most people were unaware of & this is just a straight up case of relationship breakdown &/or debt recovery gone horribly wrong

Either way it's 100% not what I was suspecting when the news first broke

https://www.9news.com.au/2018/08/13/...n-glebe-rapper

Woman charged with murder over death of Sydney rapper

By Freya Noble

9:05am Aug 14, 2018

A woman has been charged with murder over the death of IT worker and musician Jett McKee in Sydney's inner west.

The 23-year-old was arrested yesterday evening and was charged overnight. She will appear in court later today.

A 28-year-old man also arrested and was taken to hospital, under police guard, seeking treatment to a pre-existing facial injury.

Sydney rapper Jett McKee, who performs under the stage name Scepaz, was found dead in Forest Lodge on Friday.

Sydney rapper Jett McKee, who performs under the stage name
    Police said he's expected to be charged upon his release from hospital today.

Mr McKee, a rapper who performs under the name of Scepaz, was identified as the victim yesterday after being allegedly attacked on Friday.

His body was found on Hereford Street in Forest Lodge, near the corner of Minogue Crescent.

Tributes for the local rapper have been shared by friends and fans across social media.

"Over the weekend, I was saddened to hear the passing of Sydney artist, Scepaz. I would see him at gigs, play his music on the show and he was always respectful," the host of The Hip Hop Show on triple j, Hau Latukefu, posted online.

"I know how hard it is to lose a loved one, especially at such a young age, so I'd like to wish strength and love to his family, crew and supporters. Blessings."

"R.I.P Scepaz king! Condolences to fam and crew at Sub Conscious Records. Another legend of the Sydney rap scene lost. Big luv and rest in peace my dude!," artist Mr Ruckman said.

"Damn I really can?t believe it, doesn't even seem real, RIP Scepaz," musician Ty Mason wrote.

The two suspects were allegedly seen running from the scene shortly after the victim staggered out onto the street.

"I told him to stay still while I called out for help," witness Lynne Charlesworth told 9NEWS.

"His head was covered in blood. I couldn't tell you what features he had because there was so much blood."

Despite her pleas, Ms Charlesworth said the man continued to stumble down the street, smearing blood across her car as he slumped against it.

Circumstances surrounding the man's death are still not known and police are awaiting the results of a post-mortem examination to determine the exact cause of death.

"It was clearly a violent attack with very, very serious consequences," Acting Superintendent Sam Crisafulli said on Sunday.
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-15-2018 at 12:21 AM.

This case has a constant stream of misinformation. Now they're back to saying the three of them didn't know each other

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-1...death/10115964

Sydney hip-hop artist Scepaz 'punched man with knuckle dusters' before alleged sword attack

By Mark Reddie
    Updated about an hour ago

Key points:

Hannah Quinn, 23, did not apply for bail in court today

Another man has also been charged with murder

Jett McKee's body was found in the middle of an inner-Sydney street

New details of Friday's alleged incident resulting in the death Jett McKee ? also known as hip-hop artist Scepaz ? have emerged, with the 30-year-old understood to have been chased down the street before being tackled to the ground by the woman who was today charged with his murder.

The ABC understands it is alleged her 28-year-old boyfriend, Blake Davis, then grabbed a Samurai sword and attacked McKee in the middle of the road.

It is understood McKee did not know his attackers. It is also unclear why he carried out the suspected home invasion.

After three days on the run, Hannah Quinn, 23, was on Tuesday charged with murder. Mr Davis has also been charged with murder.

Ms Quinn did not apply for bail when the matter was heard briefly at Newtown Local Court on Tuesday morning.

Mr Davis was taken to hospital under police guard, seeking treatment to a pre-existing facial injury.

He had a black eye and was wrapped in a blanket when he appeared in Newtown Local Court and was refused bail.

Mr Davis' lawyer said he would be pleading not guilty when the matter returns to court in October.

McKee's LinkedIn profile said he was a "software order processor", and named him the head of Sub Conscious Records.

The rapper was well-known in the Sydney hip-hop community.

Several tributes appeared online on Monday.

Triple j hip-hop show host Hau Latukefu said he had seen McKee at gigs and played his music on the show.

"I know how hard it is to lose a loved one, especially at such a young age, so I'd like to wish strength and love to his family, crew and supporters," Latukefu wrote.

McKee previously used Sydney's inner city area as a backdrop in his film clips.

Witnesses described seeing McKee, who uses the stage name Scepaz, staggering down Hereford Street, bleeding from the head, before he collapsed and died.

The riot squad, dog squad, forensic police and detectives swarmed Minogue Crescent, ordering residents to stay in doors and diverting traffic away from the crime scene.

A replica gun was found on the footpath.

Knuckle dusters and a samurai sword were also found in the vicinity of Hereford Street during a line search of the area.

Outside court, Ms Quinn's lawyer Lauren MacDougall did not indicate how her client would plead to the murder charge.

"She is really distressed and upset at the moment," she said.

Ms Quinn's mother, father and brother ignored questions from reporters outside court but a family friend said "thank you for caring".

This is Hannah according to 9news

https://www.9news.com.au/2018/08/13/...n-glebe-rapper

[QUOTE=blighted star;3765592]It's gone from gun to samurai sword now. & the gun that was located at the scene was only a replica.

Hopefully they searched the scene thoroughly for discarded fedoras & trails of neckbeard hairs

You always make me laugh.

Just when you think the twists & turns have to be over ... it turns out he was murdered by an actor from fucking "Houso's" of all things?

They should've just watched him run home. If Blake's injuries are as serious as they sound, it would've been Scepaz/Jett in the dock instead if they hadn't gone after him once he left their property

https://tendaily.com.au/news/a180814...rtist-20180814

Actor and Girlfriend Charged With Murder Of Hip-Hop Artist

Wed 15 Aug 2018 9.17 AM

The incident sparked a mass manhunt over three days.

Australian actor, Blake Davis, is accused of violently murdering aspiring rapper Jett Mckee with his barista girlfriend last Friday.

Known in the industry as ?Tommy Blake?, the 28-year-old appeared in the Housos television series as a police officer and in the breakout movie Fat Pizza vs Housos.

But yesterday his on-screen work was a little less glamorous as he appeared via audio-visual link at Newtown Local Court charged with murder.

Sporting ?quite significant? head injuries and wrapped in a white blanket Davis didn?t apply for bail, but his lawyer told reporters outside of court he intends to fight the charges.

?He will be pleading not guilty to the charge,? Sydney Criminal Lawyers? Shareen Chand said.

Blake Davis is also known as Tommy Blake.

His girlfriend, Hannah Quinn is also charged with murder and is said to be very distressed behind bars.

The 23-year-old?s Facebook profile ?Hannah Hugs Trees? shows a vibrant, animal-lover living a vegan lifestyle.

In one photo she?s wearing a t-shirt ?Meat is Murder? ? now she?s accused of playing a part in the brazen daylight murder of a 31-year-old.

Her matter was briefly mentioned in court yesterday morning, but her lawyer, Lauren Macdougall, saved her bail bid until Thursday.

?She's very distressed, " Ms MacDougall said when asked how the young woman was coping during her first stint in custody.

Her mother, Megan Quinn, posted a photo of her daughter?s necklace on Facebook with the caption ?We are waiting for you with open arms and all the help in the world xx.?

That help was seen at court where her family thanked reporters for their interest in the matter.

Hannah Quinn.
    It's believed the pair were involved in a deadly samurai sword attack in Forest Lodge on Friday afternoon, which killed aspiring rapper Jett Mckee.

Witnesses say they saw the 30-year-old involved in an altercation with a couple on Hereford Street just before 1pm on Friday.

In his final moments, McKee was seen staggering down the road covered in blood before collapsing in Minogue Crescent.

Police raced to the scene but he could not be saved.

The incident sparked a mass manhunt over three days.

Sydney hip-hop artist Jett McKee

He co-founded his own independent record-label, Sub Conscious Records and had become somewhat of an Aussie hip-hop legend, working in collaboration with artists such as Dseeva, DJ Maniak, Nihilist, and Myth4.

Eerily, in one of his tracks, his lyrics speak of being killed.

"I think I lost my mind a bit, I'm hiding from sirens wise guys trying to end my life," he rapped.

A graffiti mural has been painted in his memory by an industry colleague P.Smurf.
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-15-2018 at 12:24 AM.

For those outside Aus, "houso" is the colloquial term for a Housing Commission tenant. Housing Commission = public housing.

This is an episode of "Houso's

There still has to be more to this, unless they're going to claim it's all just a massive coincidence that police found $21K in their back alley the same day their neighbour forced his way in demanding money. Why target a young couple in a street that was likely full of older, wealthier professionals? They claim they didn't know each other but the guys are similar ages, they live in the same street & they both work within the Sydney performance community.

Did one party owe the other for drugs or something? Because not only is the $21K being found in their alley way too much of a coincidence, so is the amount of $$ found in comparison to Jett's $31K debt.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...16-p4zxv1.html

'I will shoot you': How the alleged murder of Jett McKee unfolded

By Sally Rawsthorne
    16 August 2018 ? 2:07pm

?F---. I?m going to jail,? alleged samurai sword killer Blake Davis said to his girlfriend Hannah Quinn in the aftermath of Jett McKee?s botched home invasion that turned deadly last Friday.

According to police facts obtained by Fairfax Media, the couple were at home together at midday when Mr McKee broke into their home armed with knuckledusters, a balaclava, pepper spray and a replica gun demanding money.

When they said they didn?t have any, the aspiring rapper turned menacing, a court heard in a successful bail application for Ms Quinn at Newtown Local Court on Thursday.

?You don?t want to get hurt, I will shoot you. There?s lots more people like me that will shoot you, give me all your valuables,? he said according to Ms Quinn?s barrister Tom Hughes.

Mr McKee had a $31,000 debt to Star City paid by his parents, but continued to use pokie machines, Mr Hughes said. Police facts show his girlfriend is pregnant.

After punching Mr Davis hard in the face with knuckledusters on, Mr McKee grabbed Ms Quinn?s bag and ran out of the couple?s granny flat.

The 23-year-old Tafe student and barista gave chase - ?a remarkable thing, for a young woman who could be described as a waif?, Mr Hughes told the court - and caught up with Mr McKee.

Ms Quinn says when she grabbed her bag, Mr McKee tried to punch her and he fell over. Police will allege that Ms Quinn grabbed his jacket and flung him to the ground.

In hot pursuit, police facts say Mr Davis allegedly ?inflicted a penetrating wound into the deceased?s skull using the samurai sword? he had grabbed from inside the home.

The sword penetrated three major bones in the skull, causing ?major blood loss and death? in the aspiring rapper.

?What the f--- have you done?? Ms Quinn screamed at her boyfriend.

Ms Quinn?s alleged next steps - climbing through a neighbour?s window to help her boyfriend, giving him first aid, changing clothes, booking a hotel room - led to her being charged on Thursday with a second offence, accessory to murder after the fact.

The couple spent the weekend in a number of hotel rooms across Sydney and in contact with various family members who advised them to hand themselves in, which they did on Monday evening.

Ms Quinn?s parents and brothers were in Newtown Local Court on Thursday when magistrate Margaret Quinn granted her conditional bail. Her mother openly sobbed as she saw her daughter on audio-visual link from Silverwater prison wearing prison greens and a scrunchie around her wrist.

As the court heard the facts, Ms Quinn also sobbed.

She will be set free on bail on the conditions that she reports daily to Redfern Police Station, surrenders her passport, makes no contact with Crown witnesses and is of good behaviour.

Her mother also lodged a $60,000 surety to the court.

Her solicitor Lauren MacDougall told Fairfax Media outside court that she and her client were thrilled with the result.

?She doesn?t belong in jail,? she said.

Ms Quinn and Mr Davis will both return to the same court in October.
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-15-2018 at 09:12 PM.

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...80d51267f4ee6c

Mystery man fled to Singapore after Jett McKee murder

AS JETT McKee lay bleeding to death on the street after being slashed with a samurai sword, the man who drove him there vanished.

Ben Graham
    news.com.auAUGUST 17, 20188:42AM

A MYSTERY man at the heart of a samurai sword attack that left a young rapper bleeding to death on the street fled to Singapore shortly after.

Police are aware of the ?known person?, who cannot be identified, and allege he drove hip-hop artist Jett McKee to the Forest Lodge home in Sydney?s inner west ? where a home invasion turned fatal.

It was there that 23-year-old Hannah Quinn chased down Mr McKee who had broken into her home.

A court heard yesterday she then allegedly flung him to the ground before her boyfriend sliced the would-be robber?s head open with a samurai sword.

Police say Quinn screamed ?What the f*** have you done?? after actor Blake Davis, 28, allegedly brought the weapon down on 30-year-old Mr McKee?s skull in broad daylight in Forest Lodge last Friday.

Detectives allege Mr McKee had a balaclava, replica pistol, pepper spray and knuckledusters on him when he and a ?known person? drove to the inner west suburb and parked near Mr Davis and Ms Quinn?s granny flat.

Blake Davis. Picture: SuppliedSource:Supplied

A court heard when Mr McKee was taken to Royal Prince Alfred Hospital by ambulance, the mystery man arranged to meet Mr McKee?s pregnant girlfriend Averil Bowers. He handed over Mr McKee?s mobile phone and keys.

Ms Quinn and Mr Davis subsequently hotel-hopped before handing themselves into police on Monday, according to court documents.

They?ve both been charged with murder. Quinn is also facing an additional charge of being an accessory after the fact to the killing of the local hip-hop artist.

The unemployed musician ? whose girlfriend is pregnant ? had a gambling problem, according to a police statement of facts.

He?d continued to play the poker machines despite his parents giving him $31,000 to pay off a debt.

Police allege after Mr McKee entered the granny flat, neighbours heard a male voice say ?there?s no money here?.

Davis allegedly later told family and friends he was then punched by the armed intruder.

?It is to be remembered that these were innocent people enjoying their Friday afternoon,? Quinn?s lawyer, Tom Hughes, said in Newtown Local Court on Thursday.

A mystery man drove Mr McKee to the home. Picture: AAP Image/LinkedInSource:AAP

Mr Hughes claims Mr McKee then told the couple: ?You don?t want to get hurt. I will shoot you. There?s lots more people like me who will come and shoot you. Give me any valuables.? He said Quinn was ?terrified? and ?traumatised?.

?This is a 23-year-old girl with no criminal history who has been the subject of a particularly unpleasant home invasion,? Mr Hughes said.

Police allege Quinn chased Mr McKee from the home screaming ?Who are you? Who the f*** are you??.

Mr Hughes said this was a ?remarkable? thing for a shocked woman ?who could be described as a waif? to do.

The would-be robber was on the ground when Davis caught up and allegedly swung the sword into his head.

Police allege neighbours heard Davis later say ?F***, I?m going to jail?. The two accused allegedly ran home and hid the sword before leaving with more than $21,000 cash, two mobiles phones, six nunchucks and a pistol ? believed to be a pellet gun. The items were found in a laneway.

Mr Hughes said Quinn did not know ?Davis was so possessed? and the alleged attack wasn?t planned.

The 23-year-old was granted bail by magistrate Margaret Quinn on Thursday on the condition she report daily to police and supply a $60,000 surety. Both accused are due to return to court on October 9. Davis remains in custody.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...22-p4zyzb.html

Fatal home invasion a bizarre case of life imitating art for Jett McKee
    By Sally Rawsthorne
    23 August 2018 ? 12:00am

Rapper Jett McKee had used the balaclava and replica pistol he used in a fatal home invasion before.

In a bizarre case of life imitating art, Mr McKee appeared in a video clip for fellow Sydney MC Papa Tear three years ago ? playing a home invader. (vid at link)

When he broke into the Forest Lodge home that Hannah Quinn and Craig Davis shared and demanded money earlier this month, Mr McKee, AKA Scepaz, was wearing the same balaclava and armed with the imitation gun that he'd used in the video clip.

Filmed in nearby Marrickville, the video for the unreleased track Roger Rogerson is dedicated to "all those affected by police corruption in the state of New South Wales and beyond".

Jett McKee plays a home invader in the video clip for Roger Rogerson three years before his death.

Interspersed with news footage of corrupt cop and convicted murderer Roger Rogerson, the video ends with Mr McKee donning the balaclava, arming himself with the fake pistol and bursting through the front door of an apartment, a scenario eerily similar to what police say unfolded at Forest Lodge.

Documents seen by Fairfax Media reveal that Mr McKee burst into the home that Mr Davis and Ms Quinn shared and demanded they give him money.

Life imitating art: A balaclava-clad Jett McKee.

"You don?t want to get hurt, I will shoot you. There?s lots more people like me that will shoot you, give me all your valuables," he said when Mr Davis said they didn't have any money.

Mr McKee fled from the house after punching Mr Davis, 28, in the face with knuckledusters.

Police will say that he was tackled by Ms Quinn ? she will say he swung at her and fell.

Mr McKee was on his knees when Mr Davis caught up with them and allegedly hit him over the head with a samurai sword.

The alleged hit left Mr McKee with a 25cm-long wound that penetrated three bones in his skull.

He got to his feet and stumbled to the middle of the road, where he died.

Fairfax Media understands that Mr McKee's family and partner, Averil Bowers, held a private funeral for the slain musician on Sunday.

After a weekend on the run in hotels in Sydney, Mr Davis and Ms Quinn handed themselves in to Newtown Police Station last Monday, where they were both charged with murder.

Ms Quinn has also subsequently been charged with accessory after the fact, murder.

Mr Davis appeared briefly before Newtown Local Court last week, where he did not apply for bail and it was formally refused.

Ms Quinn successfully applied for bail last Thursday and is now living with her mother in Redfern while she prepares for trial.

Hannah Quinn with her mother Megan in Redfern on Friday.
    Photo: Wolter Peeters

For anyone who doesn't know who Roger Rogerson is

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...eal-gone-wrong

(he really deserves his own thread, the man was a walking crimewave with a police badge - for decades)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-...urder/10558418

Man accused of murdering Jett McKee with samurai sword in Sydney street granted bail
    By police reporter Mark Reddie
    Posted 11 minutes ago

An actor charged with murdering a rapper with a samurai sword in the middle of a Sydney street has been granted bail.

Blake Davis was teary and sat quietly when the decision was handed down in the NSW Supreme Court today.

The 28-year-old is accused of fatally stabbing Jett McKee with a samurai sword after a botched home invasion at Forest Lodge last August.

His co-accused and girlfriend, Hannah Quinn, was granted bail a week after the alleged attack.

Mr Davis is due to face court again in January next year.

Surety was set at $493,000.

More to come.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post

What happened to the third guy who ran to Singapore he was being accused of being connected to the murder what happened to him?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ey-street.html

Hannah Quinn, 26, and Blake Davis, 31, have pleaded not guilty to murdering the 30-year-old, while she has also denied a charge of being an accessory after the fact to murder.

Const Sillis saw brass knuckledusters, a black balaclava in a pool of blood, and a blank-firing handgun nearby.

But her attention was quickly diverted to a group of people screaming and shouting at the end of the street where she ran over to find Mr McKee with a large open wound to his head.
    After yelling out for a towel to stem the flow of blood, due to the nature of the wound she said she 'didn't know what to do to help him'.

The Crown has alleged Mr McKee who was high on the drug ice at the time planned to rob the couple who were thought to be drug dealers.

But shortly after Mr McKee burst into the couple's home Quinn chased him down the street and allegedly tackled him, before Davis struck him with the sword.

Another sergeant who also attended the scene recounted the contents of an Uber Eats bag the couple stashed in an alleyway before going on the run.

After viewing 'brain matter' and 'skull fragment' near Mr McKee's body, he examined the bag which contained large amounts of cash, two mobile phones, medicine for Davis, sets of nunchucks and an imitation gun.

After leaving in a hurry the couple's home was observed by police 'flooded with empty food containers and dirty dishes,' with old beer bottles strewn across a coffee table and an open can of baked beans containing a silver spoon.

The trial continues.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-...death/13251840

. Sydney actor Blake Davis has been sentenced to five years and three months for the samurai sword killing of a man who attacked him during a botched home invasion.

The 31-year-old was last year cleared of murder but found guilty of manslaughter by a jury over the August 2018 death of rapper Jett McKee.

Armed with knuckle dusters and a replica gun, McKee punched Davis and threatened his girlfriend Hannah Quinn in their inner-city granny flat at Forest Lodge.

The court heard Quinn chased McKee down the street after he snatched her bag and when her boyfriend caught up to them, he cracked McKee's skull with the sword.

Justice Natalie Adams sentenced Davis to a non-parole period of two years and nine months behind bars.

"I am left with no doubt that the lives of both the McKee family and the Davis family have been shattered forever as a result of the events that occurred on Hereford Street, Forest Lodge," she said.

Davis's eyes welled up as he learned his fate, while Quinn looked on anxiously from the public gallery with relatives.

Justice Adams said the home invasion would have been a "horrifying experience" for anyone, let alone someone with Davis's anxiety and PTSD.

"I accept Mr Davis is not a man usually prone to violence and reacted to the extraordinary circumstances he was facing," Justice Adams said.

During the trial the court heard McKee, 30, had toxic to lethal levels of the drug ice in his system and targeted the couple because he believed they were dealing drugs.

On Tuesday, Justice Adams rejected Quinn's claims during a police interview that McKee was pointing his imitation gun at her when Davis swung the sword.

The judge was satisfied McKee "did not pose any immediate threat" to Quinn such as to render the sword strike a reasonable response.

However, she "soundly rejected" the Crown's case that Davis murdered McKee "in cold blood" to teach others a lesson about robbing drug dealers.

"This is a moderately serious case of manslaughter by excessive self-defence, but nowhere near as high as contended by the Crown," Justice Adams said.

Last month, McKee's fianc?e Averil Bowers stared down the offenders during a sentencing hearing and condemned them for portraying themselves as victims.

She said they used every tactic at their disposal to vindicate themselves while "villainising" McKee.

Davis has previously apologised for taking a life and said he "died emotionally" on the day.

But he has also insisted his only intention was to save Quinn and admitted he did not accept the jury's verdict.

Justice Adams accepted Davis was "very remorseful" for the killing and that his mental health had been "profoundly impacted" by his actions.

But Davis's insistence that his actions were warranted meant his remorse was not the same as having remorse for the offence of manslaughter, Justice Adams said.

Davis and Quinn spent days on the run in hotels before they handed themselves in to police.

Quinn, 26, was tried on a murder charge but part-way through the trial the judge directed the jury to find her not guilty.

Justice Adams agreed that the evidence, taken at its highest, could not establish that Quinn formed an agreement with her boyfriend to inflict injury on McKee.

Quinn was instead found guilty of being an accessory after the fact to manslaughter and will be sentenced next month.

Davis' appeal rejected
    Davis immediately applied for bail pending an appeal against his conviction, which was rejected.

His barrister argued there was an accumulation of matters during the trial that gave rise to a miscarriage of justice, and that Davis's appeal had a reasonable prospect of success.

"Having considered all of the grounds of appeal … I'm unable to accept that Mr Davis's prospects of appeal rise any higher than being reasonably open," Justice Adams said in rejecting the application.

Davis blew a kiss to Quinn and his mother as he was led away.

He will be eligible for parole in August 2023.

Thread Information