Thread: Maulin Rathod (25) was killed by a teenager that he met on a dating app

Maulin Rathod (25) was killed by a teenager that he met on a dating app

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2018...n_a_dating_app

I can't find anything that names the suspect at this point.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-17-2022 at 12:54 PM.

It sounds like the person he met had some type of disability and lived in an assisted living place? So weird

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    It sounds like the person he met had some type of disability and lived in an assisted living place? So weird
    I saw that it was some kind of group home. I wasn't sure if that meant like a half-way house or what. The whole case is kind of odd. I wonder why they aren't naming the suspect since she's over 18?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I saw that it was some kind of group home. I wasn't sure if that meant like a half-way house or what. The whole case is kind of odd. I wonder why they aren't naming the suspect since she's over 18?
    Could be that she's a former state ward with a serious intellectual disability & she's under state guardianship because she's not legally competent. If that's the case they'll probably treat her like she's a minor - because intellectually & legally she's a child (possibly a very young child).

So yeah, potentially there could be no release of name/image & restrictions on media coverage of any court appearances.

& if she really is a young adult with a disability severe enough for her to be placed under guardianship, it becomes a little unclear who the real victim is in this case.

https://www.vcat.vic.gov.au/get-star...r-for-an-adult

https://www.publicadvocate.vic.gov.a...n/guardianship
    Last edited by blighted star; 07-27-2018 at 04:14 PM.

I get what you're saying, but if this was their first date and he went over to get her and she killed him, I have a hard time thinking he was victimizing her. She was on a dating app, and they set up a date, and then she killed him when he went to her house.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/26/man-in...internet-date/
    Oh for sure, he could be completely innocent in this & she might just be a former state ward with a violent history & severe behavioural issues.

I just re-read the Krystal Fraser thread last week, so when they mentioned this girl's accommodation circumstances it reminded me of Krystal & the way she was used in the years before her murder, which has probably influenced my thought processes on this one

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...-to-give-birth

What article did y'all read where it says she's living in a group home? I read all the articles linked and none of them mentioned that. I could have read too fast though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post
    What article did y'all read where it says she's living in a group home? I read all the articles linked and none of them mentioned that. I could have read too fast though.
    The bit about it not operating at the moment is new since I did the archive article. It’s in the daily mail article.

Neighbours claimed police and carers frequently visited the home, which is owned by the Department of Health and Human Services.
    A department spokesperson confirmed their ownership of the property, but said it was 'not currently operating as a residential care facility'.

More Info

Before she turned age 18, the teen had two carers with her day and night. But since becoming an adult, carers would visit her instead.

“They would take her down the street,” the man said.“She could wander off whenever she liked.”

Neighbours said because emergency services were often at the house, they didn’t think anything of the commotion on Monday night, with some not hearing anything due to the wind.

“They had things happen there before,” the man said.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...26-p4ztq7.html

“But once I saw them taping the front off, I thought it must be something really serious.”

2 carers 24/7 until she turned 18?

Fuck, I bet this turns out another massive NDIS fuckup

Edit :

for those outside Australia, our current conservative govt rolled a new scheme for providing disability services. It was created by the former Labor (left leaning) govt but conservatives being conservatives, when they got in they gutted it & rolled it out with something like 2/3 less staff than it was intended to have (among other things).

So of course it's an unmitigated disaster & all NDIS staff seem to do is look for reasons to reject clients & gut or cancel their services because they literally don't have the staff to manage

Even people with families to advocate for them are failing to get the services they're entitled to, so former state wards & disabled adults living under the care of the state Protective Commissioner don't stand a fucking chance

There's some background on the NDIS at these links :

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-0...er-off/9716282

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-2...sioner/9790366
    <<snipped>>
    the case of Bendigo man Warwick Allen, over $188,000 was allocated to him under NDIS yet much remains unspent, while he lives isolated in an unkempt house.

The 38-year old disability pensioner with mental health issues was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome at the age of 17 and had spent a greater portion of his life living in Sandhurst ? Bendigo's former institution for people with severe disabilities.

While Mr Allen received some help under previous institutional care, under the National Insurance Disability Scheme (NDIS) he has no case manager, no caseworker or no key worker assigned to him.

"He has no one in Human Services [department] or anywhere else that regards themselves as having a responsibility for him," his stepfather, David Coxon said.
    Last edited by blighted star; 07-29-2018 at 01:22 AM.

Uggh. This story is probably going to turn out to be tragedy on top of tragedy & all caused by "govt cost cutting".

Every dollar saved represents an increase in human misery. I don't understand why anyone who isn't a multi-millionaire even considers voting conservative. The bastards are the same the world over

I?m trying to upload photos but it?s not working from my phone ugh

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...dead-home.html

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Wow... that girl has issues

Her Go Fund Me pages:https://www.gofundme.com/32wwr-therapy-dog

https://www.gofundme.com/bad-sleep-e...-mental-health

Check out all the cutting marks on her arm

I saw a girl commenting on an article the other day saying that they were in a hospital unit together. She had similar scarring & a lot of BPD posts on her tl.

There's going to a govt agency of some sort reviewing their files & figuring out how to cover their arses on this for sure, because it really looks like some other service should've kicked in after she lost her two 24/7 carers

At first, I thought maybe it was self defense too (the world has trained me to think that way). But after reading about her a bit she seems off her rocker. I wonder what she did? Beat him? Stab him?

No one is safe any more in the world of online dating. Or maybe just the world.

Yikes. She is hard to look at.

She thought she was a werewolf?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-werewolf.html

A teenage girl accused of killing an Indian student she met on a dating app reportedly believed she was a werewolf and was a 'danger to society' according to her full-time carers.

Jamie Lee Dolheguy, 18, is charged with the murder of Maulin Rathod, 25, on July 23 at her Ross Court home in Sunbury, 42km north-west of Melbourne.

Dolheguy appeared in Melbourne Magistrates Court on Monday facing four charges including murder, the Herald Sun reported. She will appear before court again on November 19.

Dolheguy, who lived with acute psychiatric illness and reportedly believed she was a werewolf, required two full-time carers to protect her from herself.

'Everyone is scared of her,' one carer told the Sydney Morning Herald.

Dolheguy shared intimate details of her struggles with mental health on her public facebook page in lead up to the alleged murder.

'I live in fear, afraid of what's behind the corner, my heart is black. I no longer feel the emotions of happiness unless I see someone else suffer.'

She has also been charged with attempted murder, intentionally causing serious injury and recklessly causing serious injury after her arrest.

Dismantling the mental health care system & privatising care agencies is still going well then.

& jfc, if her carer's aren't family members, & they were actually paid to provide support for her, they probably just lost their careers for breaching client privacy on an international level

How the fuck has she not been assessed yet? There's not going to be any justice for her victim or his family. She never should've been in a position to commit this crime in the first place & the people responsible for allowing it will never have to answer for their actions

Why was she allowed on a dating site? No internet supervision?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-...athod/11806410

A Melbourne woman who met a man using an online dating app, invited him over for sex and then strangled him in bed has been found guilty of manslaughter.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-17-2022 at 12:57 PM.

Not sure if this is true, but I read a comment someone made on her Insta about her strangling him with the cord to a vibrator.

Wow..... this girl is seriously damaged.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information