Thread: Remington Engler (21 months) left in hot car and died.

Remington Engler (21 months) left in hot car and died.

Last month we had a FNP here at our local urgent care that made a horrible mistake by accidentally leaving her child in a hot car while she took care of her patients in the building.

http://kpic.com/news/local/police-mo...ponsive-in-car

Now when I first read about this I really felt for the mother because I do think this is a case of a mother taking her child to daycare when it wasnt the norm for her. Usually her husband does the drop off.
    But when it came out that the mother, Nicole left mid shift to hit the coffee stand (around 10am) I can't figure out how she missed her child again.

https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...ld_oregon.html

Nicole's employer also made a statement about what happened.
    https://www.nrtoday.com/news/evergre...26d3a9efa.html

What are your thoughts? Accident? Or something else?

Terry said he then left the hospital and drove to the jail. Engler was pulling out her hair in clumps and pleading to take her own life when he arrived.
    this is so sad.

I don't think it was intentional. It is weird she went and go coffee and didn't notice her daughter though. They have front facing car seats by then, right?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I just don't buy it.

I'm not trying to start an argument or trying to sound like a dick.
    I don't have kids, so I truly don't know what it's like to have to deal with a child or whatever..

But, I just don't think you could just 'forget' your child. That thought is insane to me.

Here in TN, I'm sure other places as well, they actually put on the digital bilboards sayings like: "Try putting something important (ie cellphone, purse, etc) in the back so you don't forget your child", like.. wuuuutt?

That's pathetic. How do you forget a child?

I'm rambling. I know. I'm tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    this is so sad.

I don't think it was intentional. It is weird she went and go coffee and didn't notice her daughter though. They have front facing car seats by then, right?
    I thought they were forward facing by then but I guess not. My kids were never rear facing except when they were in the infant carriers. When she went to the coffee stand, I cant figure out how she didnt know. It's a drive up coffee stand and she ad even had a conversation with the baristas about her daughter being at daycare and an upcoming disney trip. The only thing im thinking is that maybe her windows were super tinted.

Oh! Annnnd she went for coffee like 10 or 11am and baby idnt make any sounds or anything? The kiddo had died in under a few hours? I think she went to work like 7 or 8 am.

Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    I just don't buy it.

I'm not trying to start an argument or trying to sound like a dick.
    I don't have kids, so I truly don't know what it's like to have to deal with a child or whatever..

But, I just don't think you could just 'forget' your child. That thought is insane to me.

Here in TN, I'm sure other places as well, they actually put on the digital bilboards sayings like: "Try putting something important (ie cellphone, purse, etc) in the back so you don't forget your child", like.. wuuuutt?

That's pathetic. How do you forget a child?

I'm rambling. I know. I'm tired.
    I can totally see how this can happen tho but i also know theres some murdering assholes out there that will try to play it off as innocent.

The billboard messages youre talking about makes sense to me. Yes, your child is the most important and you'd think that would just be it but it makes sense to me that youd put maybe your cell phone in the backseat, because we never have our phone out of reach. same with putting a purse back there.
    Also, im rambling as well so i get you. lol

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I try not to judge, but no one would I forget my child in the car. He's the most important thing to me. I don't know if it was intentional, I just pray that it never happens to me.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    I thought they were forward facing by then but I guess not. My kids were never rear facing except when they were in the infant carriers

They have recently changed it to 2 years as rear facing.

Thread Information