Thread: Police investigating disappearance of former MTV VJ Jesse Camp

Police investigating disappearance of former MTV VJ Jesse Camp

A spokesman for the Riverside Police Department in California confirmed to Page Six on Monday that Camp, whose real name is Josiah Camp, was reported missing on July 19 by his sister. Friends and family have been sharing concerned messages on social media, asking anyone for information on his whereabouts.

Camp, 38, rose to fame in 1998 when he became an MTV VJ after winning the network?s first ?Wanna Be a VJ? contest. He had previously been homeless.

In recent times, Camp had been keeping in touch with his elderly mother via weekly phone calls, but according to police, he hasn?t contacted her since July 11 or 12. An ex-girlfriend of Camp?s also tried reaching out to him but told cops a stranger picked up his cell phone and said that Camp had given him the phone and three bags of property.

The police spokesman also told Page Six that Camp?s sister said he had been depressed lately but didn?t indicate if he was suicidal.

The former ?TRL? personality was last seen in Riverside. He has not been located in any local hospitals or jails.

Should any suspicion be found, Camp?s case will be transferred to the robbery-homicide unit.

In 2016, Page Six ran into Camp outside The Post?s New York offices, where he chatted with us about celebrities and gossip and even jokingly tried his hand at being a Page Six reporter. At the time, MTV told us that Camp was doing some work on a ?TRL? throwback segment for MTV?s SnapChat Discover channel in the US.

https://pagesix.com/2018/07/23/polic...vj-jesse-camp/
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    I remember him. And that contest.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Oh Thank GOD!! I was so worried about him
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...unication.html

Jesse Camp reveals his disappearance was actually a 'misunderstanding' stemming from 'bad communication'
    In an interview with DailyMail.com he said: 'I was really only missing for two or three days but then it became this big internet thing.'
    The former MTV VJ was reported missing by his sister Marisha on July 19 but was found safe five days later
    Camp joked that he was 'hiding in the Himalayas' as part of a publicity stunt for an event for is his thrown by his friend, artist and designer, Ivy Supersonic
    He'll be spending most of the fall in New York working on a series with his sister

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...unication.html

Jesse Camp reveals his disappearance was actually a 'misunderstanding' stemming from 'bad communication'
    In an interview with DailyMail.com he said: 'I was really only missing for two or three days but then it became this big internet thing.'
    The former MTV VJ was reported missing by his sister Marisha on July 19 but was found safe five days later
    Camp joked that he was 'hiding in the Himalayas' as part of a publicity stunt for an event for is his thrown by his friend, artist and designer, Ivy Supersonic
    He'll be spending most of the fall in New York working on a series with his sister

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    I remember him. And that contest.
    I was there. I still say "fuck that guy" 2 decades later.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Thread Information