Thread: Wichita Attorney Brad Pistotnik Faces Federal Charges For Allegedly Launching Cyber Attacks On Sites That Criticised His Work

Wichita Attorney Brad Pistotnik Faces Federal Charges For Allegedly Launching Cyber Attacks On Sites That Criticised His Work

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Ind...488441491.html

Indictment: Wichita Attorney Brad Pistotnik, software engineer charged in alleged cyberattacks
    Posted: Tue 5:25 PM, Jul 17, 2018 | Updated: Wed 11:37 PM, Jul 18, 2018

WICHITA, Kan. (RELEASE) 5:52 p.m.

The attorney for Brad Pistotnik, Stephen Robison, released the following statement regarding federal charges filed against his client for alleged cyberattacks.

"We have been aware of these allegations for more than two years. We conducted our own investigation and shared our findings with the U.S. Attorney. We have had no request for follow-up, and we consider the matter closed. We are surprised the matter has resurfaced. We denied the allegations then and now."

Eyewitness News is also in the process of reaching out to David Dorsett, the computer software engineer charged in the case.

Both he and Pistotnik are charged with five counts of computer fraud and two counts of conspiracy. In addition, Pistotnik is charged with three counts of making false statements to the FBI.
    -----

5:25 p.m.

A Wichita lawyer and a computer software engineer were charged today in a federal indictment alleging they were responsible for cyberattacks on websites that posted information critical of the lawyer?s work, U.S. Attorney Stephen McAllister said.

Wichita Attorney Bradley A. Pistotnik, 62, and David Dorsett, 36, Wichita, Kan., co-founder of a company called VIRAL Artificial Intelligence, are charged with five counts of computer fraud and two counts of conspiracy. In addition, Pistotnik is charged with three counts of making false statements to the FBI.

The indictment alleges Pistotnik and Dorsett are responsible for cyberattacks on Leagle.com, Ripoffreport.com and JaburgWilk.com. The indictment alleges Dorsett filled the website?s inboxes with threats.

READ THE FULL INDICTMENT HERE (pdf at link)

One of the emails read: ?Remove this page and we stop? and ?if you don?t remove it we will begin targeting your advertisers and explain that this will stop happening to them once they pull their ads from leagle.com or leagle.com kills this page.?

The indictment alleges that when an FBI agent questioned Pistotnik he made false statements including:

? Pistotnik claimed Dorsett told him about a negative posting on Riffoffreport.com and offered to remove it. In fact, Pistotnik told Dorsett about the negative posting and said to Dorsett, ?tell me how to get rid of it.?

? Pistotnik claimed that it was a week after Dorsett told him the negative posting had been removed that an attorney for Ripoffreport.com contacted him. In fact, the company?s attorney contacted Pistotnik during the attack and before Pistotnik paid Dorsett for his services.

? Pistotnik claimed he received two emails from Dorsett relating to the attack on Ripoffreport. In fact, he received four such emails, including an invoice for the attack and one referencing the invoice as well as the method used to make the attack.

Upon conviction, the crimes carry the following penalties:

- Computer fraud: Up to five years in federal prison and a fine up to $250,000 on each count.

- Conspiracy: Up to 10 years and a fine up to $250,000.

- Making false statements: Up to five years and a fine up to $250,000 on each count.

Eyewitness News has reached out to Brad Pistotnik for a comment and we are waiting to hear back.

Related Documents
    Pistotnik and Dorsett Indictment

Fb

https://m.facebook.com/bradpistotnik/

Ripoff Report entry :

https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports...kansas-1177867

I know most of you will think this is silly, but my dad always said don't trust anybody with a pinky ring LOL! And honestly I've always felt that most people I have met that wears one was relatively dishonest!

Haha, I didn't even notice that, I was too focused on his predilection for large bovine assistants

There's a bit more background here that I missed the other day

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Web...488560271.html

Websites respond to charges against Brad Pistotnik

By Rachel Skytta | Posted: Wed 11:36 PM, Jul 18, 2018

Wichita, Kan. (KWCH) A Wichita attorney is set to appear in federal court. Brad Pistotnik is charged with multiple counts of fraud, conspiracy to commit fraud and making false statements to the FBI.

A federal indictment claims Pistotnik worked with Wichita software engineer David Dorsett to attack websites that posted negative comments about him.

Factfinder 12 got in touch with the people behind two of the three websites in the indictment. Both say this all started with a negative comment posted about Pistotnik in 2014 on RipoffReport.com.

Ed Magedson, the founder of Ripoff Report describes the website as a consumer site that posts complaints about specific firms and people. Magedson says Pistotnik contacted him and demanded he remove the negative post. The indictment claims Pistotnik had Dorsett threaten the website to take down the comment, saying "remove this page and we will stop," "if you don't remove it we will begin targeting your advertisers and explain this will stop happening to them once they pull their ads."

Magedson says the cyber attacks caused his server to crash and he reported it to authorities.

"He thinks he can get away with it and he can't. I told him he's not going to get away with it," said Magedson referring to Pistotnik.

The indictment says Pistotnik and Dorsett sent the same messages to Jaburgwilk.com. Jaburg Wilk is an Arizona law firm that represents Ripoff Report.

In a statement, Jaburg Wilk said "because we represented that website, we were the target of tens of thousands of emails that demanded removal of the post. The volume of the emails caused our servers to crash. Our email address was also spoofed to send emails with the same content to certain business associates and relatives."

Pistotnik's attorney, Stephen Robison released a statement Tuesday. Robison said they have been aware of the allegations for more than two years. He said they conducted their own investigation and shared the findings with the U.S. Attorney.

The third website mentioned in the indictment, Leagle.com has not responded to requests for comment.

Pistotnik is scheduled to make his first appearance in federal court Aug.1 at 1:30 p.m.

Update.

(No cattle assisted Mr Pistotnik this time as far as I can tell. Disappointing )

http://www.kten.com/story/38788972/w...d-cyberattacks

Wichita lawyer, software engineer plead not guilty in alleged cyberattacks
    Posted: Aug 02, 2018 5:03 AM
    Updated: Aug 02, 2018 5:03 AM
    written by KAKE NewsCONNECT

WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) -
    Wichita lawyer Brad Pistotnik and a computer software engineer have pleaded not guilty to federal charges alleging they plotted cyberattacks on websites with information criticizing the attorney's work.

Pistotnik and David Dorsett appeared in court Wednesday afternoon. They are each charged with with five counts of computer fraud and two counts of conspiracy, according to an indictment unsealed earlier this month. Pistotnik also faces three counts of making false statements to the FBI,

Both were released on $25,000 unsecured bonds. Pistotnik was ordered to surrender his passport and Dorset cannot obtain one.

Prosecutors allege Pistotnik and Dorsett launched cyberattacks on Leagle.com, Ripoffreport.com and JaburgWilk.com where Dorsett filled the web sites' in-boxes with threats.

One email said, "Remove this page and we stop" and "if you don't remove it we will begin targeting your advertisers and explain that this will stop happening to them once they pull their ads from leagle.com of leagle.com kills this page."

Judge delays trial of Sedgwick County Commissioner Michael O'Donnell

Pistotnik, 62, and Dorsett, 36, were co-founders of a company called VIRAL Artificial Intelligence.

The two face up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine on each count of computer fraud, and up to ten years and a fine of $250,000 on each count of conspiracy. Pistotnik could face up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine on each count of making false statements if found guilty.

Attorney Brad Pistotnik (middle) leaves the federal courthouse in Wichita following his first appearance on August 1, 2018 (KAKE)

Software engineer David Dorsett (left) leaves the federal courthouse in Wichita following his first appearance on August 1, 2018 (KAKE)
    Also, in future, super cyber dude should avoid wearing suits that co-ordinate with the exact shade of his bald scalp.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Update.

(No cattle assisted Mr Pistotnik this time as far as I can tell. Disappointing )

http://www.kten.com/story/38788972/w...d-cyberattacks

Also, in future, super cyber dude should avoid wearing suits that co-ordinate with the exact shade of his bald scalp.
    So you're saying "he's all hat, and no cattle?"

Oh wait he doesn't even have a hat. Poor guy. That's bothersome. Who posses with big ass bulls without a cowboy hat?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    So you're saying "he's all hat, and no cattle?"

Oh wait he doesn't even have a hat. Poor guy. That's bothersome. Who posses with big ass bulls without a cowboy hat?
    I know eh

As far as gimmicks go, it's an odd one

Not of your Cal Worthington a used car salesman from Southern Cal "His dealership ripped off my boss Go to the two-minute mark" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi_BHHY5A8M

Quote Originally Posted by Paganpat View Post
    Not of your Cal Worthington a used car salesman from Southern Cal "His dealership ripped off my boss Go to the two-minute mark" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi_BHHY5A8M
    Are they singing "pussy cow" to the tiger?

Because if they are I'd be laughing hysterically if they weren't tormenting a real animal to create their cheap, shitty ad.

Thread Information