Thread: Worker, Mary MacKinnon (74) & Patient Jeffrey Goldstein (41) Were Found Dead In Separate Hotels After Leaving A Care Facility Together To Attend Medical Appointments

Worker, Mary MacKinnon (74) & Patient Jeffrey Goldstein (41) Were Found Dead In Separate Hotels After Leaving A Care Facility Together To Attend Medical Appointments

Sorry about the title, this is so weird I couldn't figure out a way to condense it without losing important detail.

So she'd been caring for him longterm - since he was a child. At this point they think she committed suicide but he has no signs of injury or anything obviously life-threatening. I was wondering if the area they live in was affected by high temperatures recently & she left him in the car & he died of heatstroke or something? The separate hotels could be down to panicking & guilt. I guess? But I'm not having much luck finding evidence of temperatures high enough to cause an issue, so I dunno

https://www.boston25news.com/news/au...tels/787403909

DA: Separate deaths of care facility patient, employee likely related
    Updated: Jul 10, 2018 - 11:27 PM

DEDHAM, Mass. - Two separate deaths, one in Norwood and one in Dedham, are believed to be related, according to a release from the Norfolk County District Attorney?s Office.

Investigators say an employee and a patient at a residential care facility were found dead separately at different Holiday Inn hotels.

Mary MacKinnon, 74, and Jeffery Goldstein, 41, left Venture Community Services together Monday morning but never returned, investigators say.

?We are dealing with an extraordinary amount of shock right now. We can?t believe it. She was a member of our family.? Mom of 41 year old w/ developmental disabilities saw no warning signs preceding deaths of son, caretaker in two area hotels #Boston25 at 10 pic.twitter.com/aEYpaZjZj3 ? Drew Karedes (@DrewKaredes) July 11, 2018
    MacKinnon has reportedly worked at the facility with Goldstein, a patient who uses a wheelchair, for many years. When neither returned by 7 p.m. Monday, police say they found the facility?s van outside a Holiday Inn in Dedham.

Goldstein was found dead in a room there ?without obvious signs of trauma or injury.?

Norwood Police later found MacKinnon?s personal vehicle outside a Holiday Inn there. The 74-year-old woman was found dead inside and investigators say she committed suicide.

?While the circumstances of these deaths are clearly disturbing, we do not believe that there is any ongoing threat to the public or others related to this case,? Norfolk District Attorney Michael W. Morrissey said.

Autopsies have been scheduled for both people and police say the deaths remain under investigation.

Lois Myers lives directly below MacKinnon in Norwood and said she recalls seeing MacKinnon leaving the complex on Monday afternoon - just hours before police got a call about the disappearances.

"I saw her get in her car yesterday and that was it," said Myers. "It didn't dawn on me that it was her until the neighbor told me."

The facility's president and CEO Mike Hyland released the following statement Tuesday:

Earlier today, a 48-year-old individual with developmental disabilities served for many years by a residential program that we operate in Dedham, was found dead off-site, along with an employee at the program. This is an extraordinarily tragic situation and we are doing everything possible to support family members. The Norfolk County District Attorney?s office is leading the investigation at this time and our agency is cooperating fully with that office as well as the Dedham Police and State Police. There were no known issues between the staff person and the individual, whom she had known since he was a child. Both had left the program to attend a medical appointment for the individual. All employees of our agency undergo background checks. We will not be able to provide further comment due to confidentiality laws that apply to both individuals we serve and employees.

Goldstein's mother said MacKinnon was like a member of their family, making the situation that much more devastating.

Police have not yet put blame on MacKinnon and have not definitely linked the deaths.

The investigation is ongoing.

https://www.boston25news.com/news/au...tels/787403909

Autopsies set for care facility patient, employee found dead in nearby hotels
    Updated: Jul 11, 2018 - 10:14 AM

DEDHAM, Mass. - The investigation into two separate deaths, one in Norwood and one in Dedham, continues with autopsies set for later Wednesday that could provide some answers.

Investigators say an employee and a patient at a residential care facility were found dead separately at different Holiday Inn hotels, about five miles apart.

Mary MacKinnon, 74, and Jeffery Goldstein, 41, left Venture Community Services together Monday morning but never returned, investigators say.

?We are dealing with an extraordinary amount of shock right now. We can?t believe it. She was a member of our family.? Mom of 41 year old w/ developmental disabilities saw no warning signs preceding deaths of son, caretaker in two area hotels #Boston25 at 10 pic.twitter.com/aEYpaZjZj3 ? Drew Karedes (@DrewKaredes) July 11, 2018
    MacKinnon has reportedly worked at the facility with Goldstein, a patient who uses a wheelchair, for many years. When neither returned by 7 p.m. Monday, police say they found the facility?s van outside a Holiday Inn in Dedham.

Goldstein was found dead in a room there ?without obvious signs of trauma or injury.?

Norwood Police later found MacKinnon?s personal vehicle outside a Holiday Inn there. The 74-year-old woman was found dead inside and investigators say she committed suicide.

?While the circumstances of these deaths are clearly disturbing, we do not believe that there is any ongoing threat to the public or others related to this case,? Norfolk District Attorney Michael W. Morrissey said.

Investigators have not said whether they believe MacKinnon played a role in Goldstein's death, but they are believed to be related, according to a Tuesday release from the Norfolk County District Attorney?s Office.

Lois Myers lives directly below MacKinnon in Norwood and said she recalls seeing MacKinnon leaving the complex on Monday afternoon - just hours before police got a call about the disappearances.

"I saw her get in her car yesterday and that was it," said Myers. "It didn't dawn on me that it was her until the neighbor told me."

The facility's president and CEO Mike Hyland released the following statement Tuesday:

Earlier today, a 48-year-old individual with developmental disabilities served for many years by a residential program that we operate in Dedham, was found dead off-site, along with an employee at the program. This is an extraordinarily tragic situation and we are doing everything possible to support family members. The Norfolk County District Attorney?s office is leading the investigation at this time and our agency is cooperating fully with that office as well as the Dedham Police and State Police. There were no known issues between the staff person and the individual, whom she had known since he was a child. Both had left the program to attend a medical appointment for the individual. All employees of our agency undergo background checks. We will not be able to provide further comment due to confidentiality laws that apply to both individuals we serve and employees.

Goldstein's mother said MacKinnon was like a member of their family, making the situation that much more devastating.

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local...487935801.html

Autopsies conducted Wednesday provided few new details about the death of a blind, disabled man and his longtime caregiver.

Jeffrey Goldstein, 41, who was blind and used a wheelchair, was found dead in a room at the Holiday Inn in Dedham Monday night.

Later, the body of Goldstein's caregiver, 74-year-old Mary MacKinnon, was found in a room at the Holiday Inn Express in nearby Norwood.

Autopsies conducted Wednesday provided few new details about the death of a blind, disabled man and his longtime caregiver in two different Massachusetts towns earlier this week.

Forty-one-year-old Jeffrey Goldstein, who was blind and used a wheelchair, was found dead in a room at the Holiday Inn in Dedham Monday night. There were no obvious signs of trauma. A van belonging to the group home where he lived was in the parking lot.

Later, the body of Goldstein's caregiver, 74-year-old Mary MacKinnon, was found in a room at the Holiday Inn Express in nearby Norwood.

MacKinnon had apparently checked Goldstein out of his Dedham group home on Monday, but neither ever came back.

The Norfolk District Attorney's Office said Wednesday that an autopsy conducted by the chief medical examiner's office determined that MacKinnon died of suicide, and asphyxia was her apparent cause of death.

The autopsy of Goldstein found no signs of trauma and the cause and manner of his death remain undetermined pending toxicology testing.

Goldstein's father said Tuesday that MacKinnon was a "terrific" caregiver who had known Jeffrey since he was a child.

"This makes no sense," Alan Goldstein said. "Beyond our ability to comprehend."

"There were no known issues between the staff person and the individual," Mikey Hyland, CEO of Venture Community Services, which runs the group home, said in a statement. "Both had left the program to attend a medical appointment ... All employees of our agency undergo background checks.

Wonder if he died from natural causes, she was upset and killed herself?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I was thinking that...maybe she blamed herself for some reason...That would be horribly sad

People are cruel i think she killed him in a moment of "he'll be better dead than without me."

Thread Information