Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes Car Crash - NSFW?

Re: Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes Car Crash - NSFW?

yeah but I doubt she knew WHEN
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

[quote author=brie star link=topic=7522.msg372517#msg372517 date=1179816469]
    im not sure about her doing it on purpose.

but that video is so weird to watch.
    i just keep staring at her face at the very beginning of the video and thinking "these are the last seconds of her life" and keep wondering whats in her head and how she doesn't even know she's about to die. creepy. 
    [/quote]

maybe she did know, she talked about it a lot about dying, and spirituality. how she thought death was out to get her. all kinds of weird shit.

OK I watched the video....it's eerie..god...

On purpose? She wants to commit suicide? That's so disturbing, especially with half a dozen of people in the car with her...

She must have been stressed with everything that went on with her life, she must have been distracted or something...

.[quote author=brie star link=topic=7522.msg372520#msg372520 date=1179816652]
    yeah but I doubt she knew WHEN
    [/quote]

Depends if you think she did it on purpose or not I guess. Personally I think her mind was wandering all over, she got distracted and panicked.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=7522.msg372521#msg372521 date=1179816685]
    maybe she did know, she talked about it a lot about dying, and spirituality. how she thought death was out to get her. all kinds of weird shit.
    [/quote]

maybe she did, but i doubt she knew when or took it into her own hands.
    i, personally, don't believe that.
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_%22Left_Eye%22_Lopes

She was known for wearing a pair of glasses with a condom in place of the left eye lens, which was one of the ways the group promoted safe sex.

Things were heated between the girls for some time, with T-Boz and Chilli also speaking out against Lopes, calling her "selfish," "abusive" and "evil."

Lopes had already started work on both her second solo album and on songs for the fourth TLC album, 3D, when she was killed in a car accident in Honduras on April 25, 2002. She was the sole victim of seven people in the vehicle (a Mitsubishi Pajero). The vehicle rolled several times, throwing Lisa out the window. She died from severe head injuries. Lisa's mother Wanda later tried to sue Mitsubishi Motors, as the Pajero was prone to rollovers.

Lopes had been in Honduras doing missionary work. She was in the process of setting up education and services for Honduran children, while also volunteering at a children's centre. It is said by those close to her that she had been undergoing a spiritual epiphany and had recently ended a month-long fast prior to her death.

The controversy over autopsy photos which had been leaked following her death led to a protest by NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Earnhardt painted a stripe next to the left headlight decal on his #8 Chevrolet Monte Carlo for the Pontiac Excitement 400 at Richmond International Raceway to protest the display of her autopsy photos. A similar controversy befell Earnhardt after the death of his father, Dale Earnhardt, Sr. a year earlier.

A documentary on the final days of Lisa Lopes titled, "Last Days of Left Eye" premiered Saturday, May 19, 2007 on VH1 and VH1 Soul.

-----------------------------------------------

So she wasn't wearing seat belts......

Autopsy photos published?! That's just sick.

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=7522.msg372518#msg372518 date=1179816516]
    oOoRr, maybe, after that kid was killed, she was dwelling on her own death so much that she willed it upon herself. im a believer in "the secret" theory.
    [/quote]

You don't really believe in all of "the secret" do you?
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/lopes.asp (Read it it's interesting)

Her demise was the result of her recklessness and bad driving.

Speeding on a Honduran highway, with 9 people. She had been attempting to pass a car when a truck approached from the other lane, forcing her to veer sharply to the left (?!?)

The vehicle hit 2 trees and flipped several times.

-------------------------------------------

It is the result of reckless driving, so she didn't try to kill herself...

http://www.vh1.com/artists/news/1558031/20070425/tlc.jhtml

Left Eye was drawn to go to the Honduras for the final time after Arista Records declined to release her solo LP, Supernova. She was upset and needed to take a break, and Honduras seemed like the perfect refuge where she could reflect. She had been involved in a separate car accident in which a local boy — who had the same last name as the singer — was killed. Left Eye said that "spirit" was chasing her, and she started foreshadowing more death. The footage of her in the Honduras goes almost to the exact moment of the other car accident, in which she was killed. She was driving an SUV with six other people when she lost control of the vehicle. Left Eye was the only one victim.

-------------------------------------------

God this gives me the chills.... is this fate? Her destiny?

Wow......

[quote author=Wick link=topic=7522.msg372529#msg372529 date=1179817707]
    [/quote]
    If they do, I have a rock I can sell them.

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=7522.msg372515#msg372515 date=1179816351]
    also, i think she did it on purpose. in the documentary she talked about how sometimes when she drives, she wants to just go off the road, when shes all stressed. and if you watch the video closely when they camera starts turning toward the ditch they go into, she looks like she just turned the wheel really fast.

[/quote]

But would she really cause an accident like that on purpose with so many people in the car?  I mean, they were lucky to make it out alright.  Like I've said earlier, the traffic/road conditions there are horrendous.  Honestly, if I was among seven people in a vehicle, I would not choose the one who was blind in one eye with delusions of her own death to do the driving.

[quote author=andyniz link=topic=7522.msg372875#msg372875 date=1179837568]
    But would she really cause an accident like that on purpose with so many people in the car?  I mean, they were lucky to make it out alright.  Like I've said earlier, the traffic/road conditions there are horrendous.  Honestly, if I was among seven people in a vehicle, I would not choose the one who was blind in one eye with delusions of her own death to do the driving.
    [/quote]
    You should never ride with my Grandmother, then.

I don't think there's any sign that she caused it.  She clearly shrieks and seems scared when she loses control right before they spin off the road.  It sounded like they were avoiding something or hit something or a tire popped, I don't know, I don't care enough to read all the articles since it's been a really long time since she died.

I wasn't a bit TLC fan.  Now, has this been Spinderella, I would have been shaken to the core.

[quote author=Wick link=topic=7522.msg372529#msg372529 date=1179817707]
    [/quote]

yes.

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=7522.msg373264#msg373264 date=1179854388]
    yes.
    [/quote]

No!

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=7522.msg373341#msg373341 date=1179858763]
    No!
    [/quote]

Maybe!

if anyones interested, the documentary is on VH1 right now

Hey Hotsauce - thanks for this, I'm watching it now.  I actually started watching it shortly after you posted.  Really interesting stuff, and this is coming from someone who was never really into TLC. 

Lisa was too fucking cute. 
    Bisexual black female<br />in search of straight male<br />for love relationship<br />...long walks on the beach<br />...a good book in front of the fire<br />..and lots and lots of anal sex<br />--send photo--

Ooh.. I passed over it because the channel info says that &quot;I Love The 90's Part Deux&quot; is on.&#160; Stupid Comcast.
    I'm watching it now.&#160; Thanks.
    And I agree Suzy.&#160; I thought Left Eye was adorable.

Oddly enough she hurt her right eye.

why is she in pink monkey pajamas?&nbsp; :|

You wouldn't catch me dead in them.

[quote author=brie star link=topic=7522.msg380391#msg380391 date=1180149992]
    why is she in pink monkey pajamas?&nbsp;
    [/quote]I think someone brought her clothes to be put on since I am sure her other clothes didn't make it out of that accident.

But Monkey Pj's?? :-o

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

[quote author=Just Me link=topic=7522.msg380407#msg380407 date=1180151658]
    I think someone brought her clothes to be put on since I am sure her other clothes didn't make it out of that accident.

But Monkey Pj's?? :-o

[/quote]I wonder if she died right away?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=7522.msg380389#msg380389 date=1180149940]
    Oddly enough she hurt her right eye.

[/quote]
    why the fuck did you even post that dude? just because we like to read articles about death, doesnt mean all of us want to see pictures of them dead. i think thats totally classless of you, you should have given a warning and a link. hyper, sometimes being so &quot;in-your-face&quot; just gets old.

Hmm, when I saw this thread title I thought it was in the NSFW forum.&nbsp; Thats why I didn't to any disclaimer crap.&nbsp; Other than that, no regrets, it's hardly gore.&nbsp;

Thread Information