https://www.oxygen.com/crime-time/ja...n-otoni-eliseu

Damn according to this now hate crime charges are at play here.

A Boston-area teenager is facing a hate crime charge after allegedly kidnapping and torturing a gay man for days on end. But the family and lawyer of the accused say he's the real victim.

Jackson Sugrue, 19, is accused of holding Brazilian Otoni Eliseu, 50, captive in a Framingham, Massachusetts basement apartment for four days, according to Boston 25 News. Sugrue allegedly bludgeoned Eliseu repeatedly with various objects while depriving him of food and water and threatening him with more violence should he attempt to leave.

The victim claims the teen hurled several homophobic slurs at him while being attacked, leading to a hate crime charge, prosecutor Dylan Krasinski confirmed during Sugrue?s arraignment Monday at Framingham District Court, according to Metro West Daily News.

Sugrue and Eliseu had known each other prior to this incident. The two had met at the Philadelphia Baptist Church, where Eliseu had been staying while recovering from drug use.

Eliseu told police that the two had been using crack cocaine together on June 27 when Sugrue suddenly became violent, according to NBC Boston.

"He attacked me on my back, on my butt, [saying] 'You?re gay, you like me,'" said Eliseu, who said he was beaten with a coffee table and a fire extinguisher while being physically prevented from leaving, according to Boston 25 News. He escaped shortly before police found him on June 30.

"Jesus was helping me, thank God I'm alive," said Eliseu, according to Boston 25 News.

Eliseu was discovered by police when responding to a call about someone being beaten with a baseball bat. When Eliseu was found by law enforcement, he was covered in blood and wearing only pants.