Thread: Nurse Lucy Letby (28) has been arrested in connection with the death of eight babies

Nurse Lucy Letby (28) has been arrested in connection with the death of eight babies

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2018...f_eight_babies

This is such a wild story. So much wtf

Lucy Letby was arrested on Tuesday on suspicion of murdering the babies and attempting to kill another six infants. A further three baby deaths were being investigated.

She is a member of 14 groups relating to helping sick children, including: "Save special care baby units. They need us. One day u might need them."

Detective Inspector Paul Hughes of Cheshire Police said: "Since the start of our inquiries and, as the information gathering process has continued, the scope of the investigation has now widened.

"We are now currently investigating the deaths of 17 babies and 15 non-fatal collapses between the period of March 2015 and July 2016.

"Parents of all the babies are continuing to be kept fully updated and are being supported throughout the process by specially trained officers."

OMG. Unforgivable.
    Jenn

Looks are definitely deceiving!
    To think, the mother carries the baby for 9 months, goes through the pain of child birth, and then this bitch kills the baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

She was released on bail without being charged yet: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ail-lucy-letby
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

I usually want to burn these people at the stake. But, it seems to me the hospital is on a with hunt. If she gave these babies something to bring on cardiac arrest it would have shown in an autopsy. Right? Yet there's no mention of any of that plus she was never fired.

Quote Originally Posted by terps1990 View Post
    I usually want to burn these people at the stake. But, it seems to me the hospital is on a with hunt. If she gave these babies something to bring on cardiac arrest it would have shown in an autopsy. Right? Yet there's no mention of any of that plus she was never fired.

I guess that's possible? I've seen a few accounts from former patients describing a negligent & life-threateningly dangerous culture of dysfunction dating back years. One account specifically mentioned midwives, saying most were terrible, so there are definitely longstanding & dangerous issues that are totally unrelated to this young nurse.

I suppose there could be senior health staff who feel it's better to claim the hospital itself is also a victim of a rogue nurse, than admit their hospital is so fucked that it killed & injured so many of it's own most vulnerable & defenceless patients?

We've got no way of knowing which is scenario is true at this stage - it really could be either of them.

We'll just have to watch how it unfolds. It must be fucking terrifying for people who have babies due, or who are already being treated at these hospitals right now though, because until the evidence is in they don't know for sure that the threat has been removed

Quote Originally Posted by terps1990 View Post
    I'm not sure what local laws are, but here there wouldn't be an autopsy on someone who died while in the hospital/under the care of a doctor, especially someone who was critically ill. If the attending physician is willing to sign a death certificate for a death that was not unexpected? Nothing to see here. Sick baby died. Sad. It's only when way too many babies die that questions get asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...al-baby-deaths

Lucy Letby under investigation again for murder

A woman, understood to be the children’s nurse Lucy Letby, has been rearrested on suspicion of murder in relation to the deaths of eight babies and the attempted murder of nine babies at a hospital in Chester.

Letby was previously arrested in 2018 and 2019 over the incidents at a neonatal unit at the Countess of Chester hospital.

Her initial arrest in July 2018 was part of a long inquiry into a number of baby deaths at the hospital over an 18-month period. She was questioned by police on suspicion of murdering eight babies and attempting to murder six others, but was bailed.

A year later, in June 2019, she was arrested again on the same counts, as well as for the attempted murder of three more babies.

Cheshire police confirmed the parents of the babies were being kept updated on the latest development and supported by specially trained officers.

DCI Paul Hughes said: “It has been more than three years since we first launched an investigation into a number of baby deaths and non-fatal collapses at the neonatal unit at the Countess of Chester hospital.

“In that time a dedicated team of detectives have been working extremely hard on this highly complex and very sensitive case doing everything they can as quickly as they can to identify what has led to these baby deaths and collapses.

“In July 2018, a healthcare professional was arrested on suspicion of murder in relation to the deaths of eight babies and the attempted murder of six babies at the neonatal unit at the Countess of Chester hospital. She was subsequently bailed pending further enquiries.

“In June 2019, the healthcare professional was rearrested on suspicion of murder in relation to the deaths of eight babies and the attempted murder of six babies. She was also arrested in connection with the attempted murder of three additional babies.

“Today, as part of our ongoing enquiries, the healthcare professional has been rearrested on suspicion of murder in relation to the deaths of eight babies and the attempted murder of nine babies.

“The woman is currently in custody helping officers with their inquiries.”

what the fuck? Why was she still working with babies after being accused of killing them? She should have been in jail without bond.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

A nurse accused of murdering eight babies and the attempted murder of another 10 has appeared in court.

Lucy Letby, 30, had previously been arrested in 2018 and 2019 as part of a probe into deaths at the neo-natal unit at the Countess of Chester Hospital.

The charges relate to baby deaths and non-fatal collapses at the hospital from June 2015 to June 2016.

The judge at Warrington Magistrates' Court remanded her in custody to appear at Chester Crown Court on Friday.

Ms Letby, of Arran Avenue, Hereford, is accused of murdering five baby boys who were named as; Cemlyn Bennett, Joseph Johnson, Barney Gee, Joseph Gelder and Eli Gelder and three girls named as Elsie McNall, Daisy Parkin and Maddie Freed.

She is also accused of the attempted murder of Maddie Freed and another nine babies - five boys and four girls - whose identities may not be reported.

Ms Letby spoke only to confirm her name, address and date of birth during the 10-minute hearing.

Pascale Jones, prosecuting, told the court Ms Letby should be remanded into custody for her own safety.

She said: "The crown will also stress there is substantial grounds to believe for her own protection this defendant should be remanded into custody."

Ms Letby was rearrested by police on Tuesday as part of the investigation into the hospital and charged on Wednesday evening.

A Cheshire Police investigation launched in May 2017 looked into the deaths of 17 babies and 16 non-fatal collapses at the Countess of Chester between March 2015 and July 2016.

On Tuesday, the force said parents of all the babies involved were being kept fully updated on developments and were supported by officers.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-54913047

Lucy Letby has a court hearing.

It takes a certain kind of sicko to do this to newborn babies. The air embolism she gave the premie made me especially sad.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Looks like the darkness overtook that bitch.

It's too bad they don't believe in capital punishment across the pond, she's a prime candidate with a smile on her face.

I can't imagine what brings someone to kill a baby like that, but death is too good a punishment for this c unit. She should suffer the way she made those babies suffer. Those babies who did nothing to cause or warrant their fate. Those babies born to mothers who wanted to watch them grow into amazing and beautiful people in their own right.

But Lucy took that away from them, and from all of us. And she deserves to pay the ultimate price for her crimes, especially since she did it yet again after being suspected of doing it before.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Looks like the darkness overtook that bitch.

It's too bad they don't believe in capital punishment across the pond, she's a prime candidate with a smile on her face.

I can't imagine what brings someone to kill a baby like that, but death is too good a punishment for this c unit. She should suffer the way she made those babies suffer. Those babies who did nothing to cause or warrant their fate. Those babies born to mothers who wanted to watch them grow into amazing and beautiful people in their own right.

But Lucy took that away from them, and from all of us. And she deserves to pay the ultimate price for her crimes, especially since she did it yet again after being suspected of doing it before.
    Well said.

https://abcnews.go.com/International...y?id=102417318

Former British nurse Lucy Letby was sentenced on Monday to spend the rest of her life in prison after being found guilty in the worst child serial killer case in the modern history of the U.K.
    As the U.K. Health and Social Care Secretary Steve Barclay said, a government-commissioned inquiry will examine why the children's nurse was allowed to continue on the unit despite senior doctors raising concerns about her for months.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    This past weekend I read a very detailed story about what she did and it was clear the hospital (mostly nursing leadership) didn't respond adequately to the concerns of the physicians.

Thread Information