Thread: At least 18 hospitalized after exposure to feces at neighborhood party in North Carolina

Where they don't have maps.......such as..

At least 18 hospitalized after exposure to feces at neighborhood party in North Carolina

http://www.koat.com/article/exposure...olina/22039538

At least 18 people were hospitalized after a feces contamination that took place at a neighborhood gathering in North Carolina, according to health department officials.

The Mecklenburg County public information officer said those affected were attending a birthday party where the contamination took place. Officials believe prepared food came in contact with fecal matter rather than the illness resulting from bad food.

The cause of the feces contamination was likely from improper hand-washing, said health officials.

There were five reported emergency phone calls made within an hour that were related to the incident, according to WBTV in Charlotte.

More than 30 people overall were transported to a nearby hospital and health officials said being an attendee of the birthday party soon became a common theme among the patients.

Four of the people who were hospitalized were confirmed to have Shigella, which is a contagious disease that can be passed through direct contact with bacteria in the stool, according to health officials.

The source of the bacteria hasn?t been discovered yet, but health officials said it was found in food that was prepared by someone who attended the birthday party.

One of the patients affected was treated as having a serious illness, according to health officials. A 2-year-old child was among those hospitalized and is currently being treated in the ICU.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    EWWWWWWW! WTF! Did they spray diarrhea all over their hands before making the potato salad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    EWWWWWWW! WTF! Did they spray diarrhea all over their hands before making the potato salad?
    That's the secret ingredient that gives it that special zing! It's an old family recipe!

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Sounds like this.
    Jenn

So many people I work with skip washing their hands after using the bathroom. I see them walk out of the stall and right out the door. I don't shake hands with many people there. How hard is it to make a stop at the sink? We have soap in there and everything!
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

This is why I am obsessed with washing my hands to the point people ask me if I'm a nurse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    So many people I work with skip washing their hands after using the bathroom. I see them walk out of the stall and right out the door. I don't shake hands with many people there. How hard is it to make a stop at the sink? We have soap in there and everything!
    Same thing at my job, they walk right out of the bathroom without washing up. Im not a handshaker either, nope. People ask why I never eat the food when we have fun food day at work, I dont trust people....I dont eat at parties or cookouts either. Some say its a sign of disrespect but I could careless what they think I aint eating nobodys food if I dont know where and how it was prepared. I also dont eat the food people cook if they have cats in their house, a cat will shit and piss in a box then scratch and cover up the shit and piss then will step right out of the shit filled box and jump right onto furniture and shit. Disgusting! People who have cats deny the fact that cats jump onto kitchen counters when nobody is looking. Disgusting.

What A Shitty Situation
    Oh God, Stop The Voices *SCREAM*

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I came out of a stall as the same time as another worker in my building and I went to the sink while she made eye contact with me and just left. Then theres a food employee who likes to sleep in the handicap stall but so many times have I seen her walk out and not wash her hands but still flush the toilet. I wont eat when shes working. Also the housekeepers wont put soap in the employee bathroom and the one time it took them a week to fix the sink in there they just put hand sanitizer in there. I try to avoid that bathroom.

I have nothing to add to the article posted but just wanted to chime in to say I will eat anything from anywhere. I will also shake anyone's hand. I'm pretty sure I would lick frosting off a stranger's hand if they would let me. I also am an obsessive hand-washer so there you go. It really does take all kinds to make the world go round.
    Sarcastic. Skeptic Tank. Self-deprecating.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    I've worked in the hospital for almost a quarter century, and I can confirm one of my former coworkers did NOT wash her hands upon using the bathroom. She would be gone for less than a minute, then be back and I'm like wtf?? She admitted "I don't wash my hands." Yeah, she got an verbal assreaming from yours truly (fuck all that "don't squeal on someone bullshit) and more lectures from management.

And yeah, I see that nastiness all the time. Go to the bathroom and these nasty fuckers at the airport, movie theater, everywhere...no one washes their goddamn hands!

People are fucking disgusting, but also disgustingly stupid.

Ugh.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Overheard just prior to the barf-fest, "Man, this food tastes like shit!"

Thread Information