Thread: Benjamin Eastman, a 16-year-old boy dead

Benjamin Eastman, a 16-year-old boy dead

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...195047771.html

He was reported missing but now dead according to reports

Two brothers are facing first-degree rape and murder charges in Washington State in the death of Benjamin Eastman, a 16-year-old boy who was last seen on June 23.

A statement from investigators confirms the arrests of Jonathon Adamson, 21, and his 16-year-old brother, Benito Marquez. Each is being held on $10 million bail. (Marquez is being charged as an adult.)

Both men are also charged with tampering with physical evidence and unlawful disposal of remains.

Eastman was reported missing on June 27. He lived with his father in Randle.

Family and friends spent days trying to contact Eastman, to no avail.

Benjamin Eastman

Benjamin Eastman
    More
    Investigators say they learned Eastman ?had last been in contact with a same-aged male friend who lived nearby,? who was a childhood friend, identified as Marquez.

?Deputies were told the two had planned on meeting up that evening, but according to the friend, [Eastman] never showed up,? reads a statement from the Lewis County Sheriff?s Office. ?That was the last known contact with the missing 16 year old. Deputies interviewed the friend on June 28, 2018, and he relayed that he had not seen the missing 16 year old in several days.?

While searching for the teen on June 28, deputies and detectives canvassed remote land owned by Marquez?s relative.

There, they say they found ?a possible shallow grave? and ?were advised the grave site was for a dog that had recently died.?

Police did not believe that story, and kept searching, eventually finding another grave in woods on the same parcel. They dug up the body of a teenage boy. It was determined to be Eastman, who died from blunt force trauma.

Charging documents obtained by PEOPLE allege the brothers lured Eastman into the woods for a camping trip on June 24.

Adamson allegedly told detectives he and his brother knocked Eastman to the ground and assaulted him for nearly 45 minutes.

The charging documents allege Adamson told police he and Marquez sexually assaulted Eastman with a stick while he was still alive.

Before burying Eastman, the brothers allegedly beat Eastman in the head with a rock to ensure he was dead.

They allegedly buried him with his clothes and the shovel they used to dig his grave.

Neither Adamson nor Marquez has entered pleas to the charges against them. It was unclear if they had retained legal counsel who could comment on their behalf

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    That is just horrible. RIP, Ben.

Ben's FB: https://www.facebook.com/ben.eastman...3%3A1530718127

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Sick fuck posted his missing flyer and everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

RIP Ben. How awful. :( One of the comments on the missing flyer he shared said Ben was dating their little sister. These boys are evil and need to have some karma in jail.
    Jenn

https://q13fox.com/2018/07/03/vigil-...o-happen-here/

Here is an update on the Ben Eastman Murder and now reports that Eastman was raped by the murderers.

RANDLE, Wash. -- Friends gathered at a vigil Tuesday night to honor the memory of Benjamin Eastman, the 16-year-old boy who was brutally murdered and found in a shallow grave last week.

A 16-year-old "friend" of Benjamin and his 21-year-old brother have been charged with his rape and murder.

People gathered Tuesday night at White Pass High School, which Benjamin attended. His friends held up candles and released dozens of blue and orange balloons into the air in his memory.

One of Benjamin's childhood friends said he was one of a kind, "a bright, shining soul."

His principal, Chris Schumaker, said the community is in shock and scared over the details of the murder.

"I think any community would say that's not supposed to happen here. We're small. We're supposed to be protected from that kind of stuff. We're small town USA, that stuff doesn't happen here," Schumaker said.

"And all of sudden it happens and you're shocked. And you're shocked. And you're scared. And you're shocked and you're scared some more. And you grieve and then you try to build your life back together. And as parents, we just kind of tell our kids, we'll be OK and we will move forward. And as a school, we support our kids."

Two brothers were charged Monday in Benjamin's murder.

Jonathon Adamson, 21, and Benito Marquez, 16, were charged in Lewis County Superior Court with first-degree murder, first-degree rape, tampering with physical evidence and unlawful disposal of remains in the death of Benjamin. Prosecutors decided to charge Marquez as an adult. The judge ordered them held on $10 million bail.

According to charging documents from the Lewis County prosecutor?s office:

Cellphone records show the brothers lured Eastman into the woods for a camping trip in the early morning hours of June 24, but they planned to assault him.

Adamson allegedly told detectives that once they were in the woods, they proceeded to get Eastman on the ground and assault him for 20-45 minutes. Adamson said he estimated they kicked Eastman more than 100 times, and a pathologist agreed with those numbers and said the boy died of blunt-force trauma.

Adamson also allegedly told detectives they sexually assaulted Eastman with a stick while he was alive.

WTF. If true, I know this will be the least stupid & disgusting thing these brothers did, but jfc, according to the link below they didn't bury him in a concealed grave - they made a cross themselves & stuck it on the grave. They literally made it look like a grave by marking it with a fucking cross. & on their own grandparent's property. Which is also where they were supposed to take Ben camping. & they did it after already digging him up & moving him to avoid his first grave being noticed?? Like what?? What was the point of any of this?

Premeditated crimes usually involve planning aimed at avoiding detection. This is a seemingly premeditated crime, with extensive efforts at body concealment - they even did it twice - but the crime itself & the concealment attempts were all done in such a way that they maximised disgust & outrage towards the killers, while simultaneously 100% guaranteeing their speedy identification & arrest.

I know it's a waste of time trying to understand motive in a lot of cases, but this whole crime is just so fucking stupid & pointless.

This is one that I really can't get my head around.

https://babe.net/2018/07/04/benjamin...n-murder-69919

It was Eastman?s family who found his body. Having scanned through his Facebook messages, BJ Eastman determined his son Benjamin had gone over to see Marquez. The family discovered what looked like a grave, and then they called the cops.

Police arrived on the scene to find the shallow grave, which was marked by a cross made of sticks. They moved the soil to reveal a human foot. Officers tried to contact Marquez and Adamson, but they had fled. After they were pulled over near Ellensburg on June 29th, Adamson confessed to murder. The details of the murder, as reported by police, are extremely distressing.

Also, those gross little fucks appeared in court a few days ago & this article re the court appearance has a few more details re their concealment attempts

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8433681.html

Brothers charged with raping teenager and beating him to death with rocks before burying him in ditch near grandparents? home

Two Washington state brothers have been charged as suspects in the rape and murder of a 16-year-old boy.

Jonathon Adamson, 21, and Benito Marquez, 16, were charged with first-degree murder, first-degree rape, tampering with physical evidence and unlawful disposal of remains in the death of teenager Benjamin Eastman.

According to court documents which detailed the brothers? phone records, on 24 June the pair allegedly lured Benjamin to the woods in Randle, Washington ? approximately 100 miles southeast of Seattle ? under the guise of a camping trip.

Mr Adamson allegedly told police that he and Mr Marquez kicked the boy at least 100 times, for 20 to 45 minutes. Mr Adamson and Mr Marquez have different fathers but the the same mother.

The 21-year-old brother also reportedly told police he sexually assaulted the slain teen with a stick while he was still alive and then hit his head with a rock repeatedly.

Lewis County Chief Deputy Bruce Kimsey said in a statement that Benjamin?s father had reported him missing on 27 June after he did not return from the camping trip and he had not heard from his son.

On 28 June officers had come across a shallow grave site and according to the statement they were told it was for a dog which recently died, but ?felt the information was suspicious in light of recent report of the runaway/missing juvenile?.

The coroner confirmed it was Benjamin?s body and that the cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head.

Court documents alleged: ?The defendants realised the burial site would likely be discovered. So they dug up the body, wrapped Eastman in plastic from the barn of their grandparents, wrapped it with twine and buried the body on [their grandparents?] property? in Randle.

The pair are then suspected of burning the victim?s clothes as well as their own and a shovel, the head of which was found by police in a fire pit.

Due to the nature of the crime, Mr Marquez will be tried as an adult. Both brothers are being held on $10m bail each.

Friends described Benjamin to local news station Q13Fox as ?always joking? and someone ?everybody liked?. His father said: ?There is evil people out there. I don?t know what makes them tick. I don?t want to know. I?m loved, and my son was loved and that?s all I?m about?.

The elder brother seems to have been the main attacker, he committed the sexual assault, he hit Ben with the rock. If Ben really was dating their younger sister it makes me wonder if, unbeknownst to the younger brother, the eldest had some kind of simmering, sexually charged possessiveness over their sister.

But even then, it was just so fucking pointless. Three lives destroyed & countless family/friends left dealing with a lifelong nightmares, loss & grief for absolutely fucking nothing

His dad issued a statement yesterday too

https://people.com/crime/washington-...s-rape-murder/

Grieving Dad's Words of Love After Son Was 'Lured' Into Woods in Rape and Murder: 'I Will Always Honor Him'
    In the wake of what authorities described as his 16-year-old son?s brutal rape and murder at the hands of a longtime friend, Washington dad Benjamin Eastman Jr.?s repeated message has been one of ?love and togetherness.?

?I want [to] thank the community and friends for all they have done for my family,? Eastman, who goes by ?B.J.,? posted Thursday on Facebook, adding that words could not ?explain the love [I] feel right now.?

?There?s no way [I] could ever get through this without it,? he wrote. ?I would like everyone to remember my son how they want to but most of all how he has made our community and other communities far and wide stop and forget about judgment and hate.?

?Our community is full of love and togetherness right now,? he concluded his post. ?My son made the world a better place. He continues to do so and I will always honor him for that. I ask that we all focus on that.?

Prosecutors say it?s too early in the case to discuss a possible motive in the beating death of Benjamin ?Ben? Eastman III a week after his birthday ? but the details released so far have attracted international attention.

Meanwhile, his community in southwestern Washington has drawn closer together in the shadow of such a vicious crime.

?When you have a county as close-knit and tight as Lewis and a town like Randle, which is even smaller, a tragic incident like this is going to impact everybody,? Lewis County Prosecuting Attorney Jonathan Meyer tells PEOPLE.

RELATED: Slain Boy?s Father Sat Front Row in Court to Face Accused Murderers ? ?I Wanted Them to Look at Me?
    https://people.com/crime/washington-...ourt-suspects/

Benjamin "Ben" Eastman III

Benjamin "Ben" Eastman IIIBen Eastman/Facebook

Charging documents previously obtained by PEOPLE show how, according to investigators, Ben was tricked into going in the woods sometime after texting early on June 24 with another 16-year-old boy, Benito Marquez, a friend and classmate who had known Ben for years.

Marquez and his older brother, 21-year-old Jonathon Adamson, ?lured? Ben ?under the guise of a camping trip,? prosecutors said in a probable cause affidavit.

There the pair allegedly carried out an assault they had planned together: striking Ben for some ?20 to 45 minutes? and kicking him more than 100 times. During the attack, Ben was sexually assaulted with a stick, according to the affidavit.

Adamson and Marquez beat him in the head with a large rock, just to make sure he was dead, authorities believe.

Finally, they allegedly buried his body on the property of a relative where it was discovered three days later, after Ben was reported missing by his father. His shallow grave was marked with a homemade cross of sticks.

Marquez, who had seemingly posted on Facebook asking for help finding Ben before his body was discovered, was an early subject of the investigation, according to authorities. But he and Adamson then allegedly fled the county, traveling some 200 miles east, before being found by the state patrol on June 29, the probable cause affidavit states.

They were each interviewed by police and subsequently charged with first-degree rape and murder as well as tampering with physical evidence and unlawful disposal of remains, the affidavit states.

Detention records confirm they remain in custody in Lewis County in lieu of $10 million bond.

They have not entered pleas and an attorney representing them declined to comment to PEOPLE. They are scheduled to return to court on Thursday.

Ben Eastman

Ben EastmanBen Eastman/Facebook

While B.J., Ben?s dad, has spoken out about the suspects and sat front row in court at their first hearing, on Monday, he has largely kept the focus on his boy.

?I want everyone to remember the love we feel for each other,? he posted on Facebook Friday, following a vigil for Ben. ?My son will live in our hearts.?

He also offered this: ?Remember to smile or say hi to a stranger.?

Speaking to local TV station KOMO earlier this week, B.J. said, ?It?s easy to get caught up in the negative aspect of this, but I remember my son and his smile.?

?There is evil people out there,? B.J. said then. ?I don?t know what makes them tick. I don?t want to know. I?m loved and my son was loved and that?s all I?m about.?

Prosecutor Meyer tells PEOPLE Ben?s death ? the violence and intimacy of it ? is ?hard to put into words.?

?Ben was a nice kid from a good family,? he says.

Others who knew the teen have also paid tribute to his love of the outdoors and sports, especially the Miami Dolphins, and his loyalty and light spirt.

?You?d be in a bad mood and he?d just walk in ? you?d just be mad as mad as you could be and he?d just crack a smile and make you giggle just over anything, always,? Ben?s brother Derek Dunaway told KOMO.

?He really liked to stand up for his friends,? Principal Chris Schumaker told the Daily Chronicle after a vigil Tuesday night at Ben?s school, where he was a rising junior.

?A lot of the time, his friends would get in trouble because of his shenanigans and somehow he was able to kind of sidestep getting caught. So then towards the end he would kind of say, ?Mr. Schumaker, it was kind of me, I deserve the detention,? ? the principal recalled. ?And I would say, ?No, you know they did the crime, they get the time.? He tried really hard to plea-deal consequences his friends earned. But in the end, I would just say ?Ben, go back to class it?s okay. They?ll get through it, you?ll get through it. There?s always tomorrow.? ?

So sad and so pointless 😢😠

RIP Ben.

https://www.koin.com/news/crime/2nd-...ath/1378268891

2nd autopsy performed in Randle teen's death
    By: The Associated Press
    Posted: Aug 17, 2018 10:39 AM PDT

CHEHALIS, Wash. (AP) ? A second autopsy has been performed in the case of a 16-year-old Randle boy who prosecutors say was murdered, but the defense attorney who requested it is withholding the results.

The Chronicle newspaper of Centralia reports that the second autopsy on Ben Eastman III was performed by a private pathologist at the request of a lawyer for one of the two brothers charged with killing him. Attorney Shane O'Rourke said he made the request in due diligence, not because he necessarily believed the first was inaccurate.

O'Rourke told The Associated Press on Thursday he's declining to disclose the results for now.

Eastman was reported missing June 27. His body was found the next day in a shallow grave on property owned by the brothers' relatives.

The first autopsy, by the Lewis County coroner, concluded Eastman died of blunt-force trauma to the head and that his death was a homicide.

O'Rourke is representing 16-year-old Benito S. Marquez, who is charged along with his 21-year-old brother, Jonathan R. Adamson, with first-degree murder, rape, tampering with evidence and unlawful disposal of remains.

According to investigators, Adamson and Marquez admitted to planning to assault Eastman and "lured him to a wooded area under the guise of a camping trip." The suspects then proceeded to kick Eastman for 20 to 45 minutes, kicking him at least 100 times and raping him with a stick.

Both Adamson and Marquez have pleaded not guilty to the charges.

The boys' mother, Kindra Adamson, pleaded guilty last week to rendering criminal assistance. Authorities said she delayed the investigation while the boys fled to Eastern Washington, where they were found and arrested by the Washington State Patrol.

As part of her plea agreement, Adamson could testify against her sons.

Adamson and Marquez both have trial confirmation hearings scheduled in October.

This case was on Dr. Phil today:

https://www.drphil.com/videos/how-be...been-murdered/

case will go to trial in October both are pleading not guilty. Their mom has made a deal and will testify against her sons.

This case was on Dr. Phil today:

https://www.drphil.com/videos/how-be...been-murdered/

case will go to trial in October both are pleading not guilty. Their mom has made a deal and will testify against her sons.

Thread Information