Thread: Mike Soltis (44) was mauled to death by a brown bear while hiking in Alaska

Mike Soltis (44) was mauled to death by a brown bear while hiking in Alaska

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-15-2022 at 02:12 PM.

Damn, that's scary as fuck.

See, this is why I'll never understand why Australia has a rep for being full of deadly wildlife - we're one of the few continents where for tens of thousands of years, humans haven't been at risk of being land snacks for big furry things

You're potentially at risk of being eaten by a shark (or a croc up north), but mostly it's safe if you use your common sense in & around the water.

(& yeah, there is a bit of a risk of being bitten or stung by something venomous, but it's easier to recover with anti-venom than it is to recover from having your head chewed on & swallowed).

Anyone else watch "I Survived"? Seen a few about people being attacked by bears, and it's horrifying to hear.

Fuck bears. And fuck alligators.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Anyone else watch "I Survived"? Seen a few about people being attacked by bears, and it's horrifying to hear.

Fuck bears. And fuck alligators.
    I was straight addicted to that show. Bears and tornadoes were the ones I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by jlawrence View Post
    I was straight addicted to that show. Bears and tornadoes were the ones I remember.
    The Justice Network plays it every day! They also show Rescue 9-1-1 (totally brings me back to my childhood).

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    How terrible. I feel horrible for his family and friends ~ especially his fiance.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Damn, that's scary as fuck.

See, this is why I'll never understand why Australia has a rep for being full of deadly wildlife - we're one of the few continents where for tens of thousands of years, humans haven't been at risk of being land snacks for big furry things

You're potentially at risk of being eaten by a shark (or a croc up north), but mostly it's safe if you use your common sense in & around the water.

(& yeah, there is a bit of a risk of being bitten or stung by something venomous, but it's easier to recover with anti-venom than it is to recover from having your head chewed on & swallowed).
    But many of our predictors, bears, cougars, Michael Jackson, are cute. Yours are creepy crawlies.

In related news 3 people have been bit by rattle snakes in this state in the last couple of weeks. Two survived, but an elderly man apparently had a heart attack after being bit while playing golf.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information