Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stephanie Holsinger (24) was charged with murder after her boyfriend was shot

Stephanie Holsinger (24) was charged with murder after her boyfriend was shot

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007/05/26/Stephanie_Holsinger_(24)_was_charged_with_murder_a fter_her_boyfriend_was_shot

Oh, a couple of real criminal geniuses here: Stephanie and her boyfriend decided to rob a drug dealer for shits and giggles (and, of course, drugs). Her dumb ass boyfriend pulled a gun and was promptly shot dead by the dealer. I guess it never occurred to them that a drug dealer might be armed?

This little gun toting vixen has kids too...
    http://www.redorbit.com/news/technol...e=r_technology
    Non Nova Sed Nove......Not New Things,  But New Ways

Re: Stephanie Holsinger (24) was charged with murder after her boyfriend was sho

I want to be a preemie member :x

I don't get it, the subject says she murdered her boyfriend but KurtTheWicked said the drug dealer did? WHO killed him?
    [quote author=Mr. Formaldehyde]<br />I will wship YOU!!!1[/quote]<br />[quote author=LawChick]<br />I love you back whore. Don&#39;t forget it either.<br />[/quote]

Re: Stephanie Holsinger (24) was charged with murder after her boyfriend was sho

I'm a bit confused too ... why would SHE be charged for murder?
    [quote author=Olivia link=topic=7606.msg1221694#msg1221694 date=1237710360]<br /> She is in the death queue.<br />[/quote]<br />You got me all wrong.

The robber got what he deserved, cap cap cap. &nbsp;Last time hell ever do that again... Hopefully the target doesnt get charged with anything, as it was self defense.

From what I gather, (without revealing too much non-preemie stuff), she organized the robbery, I hope they throw the book at her.

What a bunch of dumbasses.&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;Maybe someone should nominate the bitch for &quot;Mother of the Year&quot;.&nbsp; &nbsp;Obviously she's not too fashion savy, she didn't realize accessory means earrings or a scarf.
    I don&#039;t enter into mental warfare with morons.&nbsp; It&#039;s immoral and unethical.&nbsp; They have no ammunition.&nbsp; AIDA convention regulations, article VII, Paragraph XII&nbsp;&nbsp;

[quote author=blunt.force.trauma link=topic=7664.msg379902#msg379902 date=1180133654]
    What a bunch of dumbasses.&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;Maybe someone should nominate the bitch for &quot;Mother of the Year&quot;.&nbsp; &nbsp;Obviously she's not too fashion savy, she didn't realize accessory means earrings or a scarf.
    [/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Olivia

[quote author=vaga link=topic=7664.msg379831#msg379831 date=1180131223]
    I'm a bit confused too ... why would SHE be charged for murder?
    [/quote]

From the article - Gilmer and Holsinger each face a murder charge because they participated in the robbery of Johnson, said St. Albans police Chief Joe Crawford. Gilmer and Booker both had a gun, according to the complaint.

oh whoa this one is interesting.
    jeremy, who actually DID the shooting has not been charged. interesting that the two who were involved in the robbery are being charged and they didn't even pull a trigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Re: Stephanie Holsinger (24) was charged with murder after her boyfriend was shot

[quote author=KurtTheWicked link=topic=7664.msg379825#msg379825 date=1180130886]

for shits and giggles (and, of course, drugs). Her dumb ass boyfriend pulled a gun and was promptly shot dead by the dealer.

[/quote]

...which will give you shits and giggles.

Olivia

Re: Stephanie Holsinger (24) was charged with murder after her boyfriend was shot

I changed the article title and the post titles to reflect a bit more accurately what happened.

It's kinda similar to a case here in Colorado (that's undergoing major appeals, but I digress).&nbsp; A woman and her boyfriend decide to rob a former roommate.&nbsp; Police are called, and the officer is able to arrest the woman pretty easily, handcuffing her and putting her in the back of his police car.&nbsp; He's after the boyfriend when he's shot and killed - by the boyfriend.&nbsp; The woman was charged (and convicted) of wrongful death because her actions (robbing the roommate) led to the altercation between her boyfriend and the police officer.

I personally think she should rot in jail, I mean who the hell kills a police officer (especially over something as lame as a TV and whatever else they were stealing)?

Vicarious liability for accomplices and coconspirators

Under this rule, a death that results from a felony is murder, even if the death was caused accidentally. The felony murder rule extends liability to accomplices, so an accomplice in a felony is liable for murder if a death occurs during the felony, even if the accomplice neither caused, intended, nor foresaw the death.

http://law.jrank.org/pages/2250/Vica...spirators.html
    ‘I don’t mind dying - I just don’t want to be there when it happens&#039;<br />

[quote author={zodiac_Killer} link=topic=7664.msg381266#msg381266 date=1180212140]
    Vicarious liability for accomplices and coconspirators

Under this rule, a death that results from a felony is murder, even if the death was caused accidentally. The felony murder rule extends liability to accomplices, so an accomplice in a felony is liable for murder if a death occurs during the felony, even if the accomplice neither caused, intended, nor foresaw the death.

http://law.jrank.org/pages/2250/Vica...spirators.html
    [/quote]

I work in the legal field and most people don't realize that ANYONE killed during the commission of a crime will face felony murder charges. Accomplices and victims fall in the same category. The general idea is that had you not been a participant in the crime the other person would not have been killed. It's a strange rule, but it is highly enforced.
    [quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=11868.msg845550#msg845550 date=1210298679]<br />Only difference is bbc is awesome.<br />[/quote]<br />

[quote author=bbc link=topic=7664.msg381277#msg381277 date=1180213240]
    I work in the legal field and most people don't realize that ANYONE killed during the commission of a crime will face felony murder charges. Accomplices and victims fall in the same category. The general idea is that had you not been a participant in the crime the other person would not have been killed. It's a strange rule, but it is highly enforced.
    [/quote]indeed ,
    gives good reason why you should'nt be hanging around an unruly crowd
    you can ruin your life by the company you chose to keep.

unbelievable. &nbsp;this whole things seems kind of ridiculous to me. i mean, come on, charging the two with MURDER? &nbsp;totally out of line. &nbsp;i'm glad there are no outrageous laws such as this one where i live. &nbsp;i mean, the guy who actually killed the boyfriend was dealing drugs, and that's a crime, and having to shoot someone to protect your stash is a forseeable event which comes with the territory of dealing drugs, so charge him with murder too. &nbsp;seriously. &nbsp;let's just charge everyone with murder!!!!!!!!

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Another private profile.
    I'm gonna see if I can use my 'connections' to get this chick shanked on the inside.
    The whole private profile thing pisses me off more than going to rob a dealer.

Rob and kill a dealer. :shrugs:

Private profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[/quote]

If convicted does an accomplice get the same jail time as the actual killer?
    [quote author=Olivia link=topic=7606.msg1221694#msg1221694 date=1237710360]<br /> She is in the death queue.<br />[/quote]<br />You got me all wrong.

Actually, if you live in the United States you more than likely do have this law where you live. It is also a federal law, which means it can fall into every state as federal law can be picked up where state law falls.

[quote author=4everNever link=topic=7664.msg381286#msg381286 date=1180213796]
    unbelievable. &nbsp;this whole things seems kind of ridiculous to me. i mean, come on, charging the two with MURDER? &nbsp;totally out of line. &nbsp;i'm glad there are no outrageous laws such as this one where i live. &nbsp;i mean, the guy who actually killed the boyfriend was dealing drugs, and that's a crime, and having to shoot someone to protect your stash is a forseeable event which comes with the territory of dealing drugs, so charge him with murder too. &nbsp;seriously. &nbsp;let's just charge everyone with murder!!!!!!!!
    [/quote]
    [quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=11868.msg845550#msg845550 date=1210298679]<br />Only difference is bbc is awesome.<br />[/quote]<br />

No felony murder does not carry the same punishment as murder in the first degree. However the guy that shot him shot him in self defense, so he probably won't be charged at all.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

In California they have special 'drive by' laws.
    If you're in a car with someone that shoots and kills someone, you get charged with murder.
    Anyone/everyone in the car does. Some kind of gangbanger clause. Makes sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

unbelievable.&nbsp; this whole things seems kind of ridiculous to me. i mean, come on, charging the two with MURDER?&nbsp; totally out of line.&nbsp; i'm glad there are no outrageous laws such as this one where i live.&nbsp; i mean, the guy who actually killed the boyfriend was dealing drugs, and that's a crime, and having to shoot someone to protect your stash is a forseeable event which comes with the territory of dealing drugs, so charge him with murder too.&nbsp; seriously.&nbsp; let's just charge everyone with murder!!!!!!!!
    [/quote]have you read this article :lol:
    http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.ph...628.0#lastPost

[quote author=vaga link=topic=7664.msg381292#msg381292 date=1180214062]
    If convicted does an accomplice get the same jail time as the actual killer?
    [/quote]

Most states, including mine, have a felony murder law. Without resorting to the legal vernacular, the law basically states that all parties to the crime of murder are held equally culpable regardless of who committed the actual killing. So if a group of people commit a felony, and one person kills another in the commission of the crime, all members of the offending group are charged with the the same offense. The legal reasoning behind this law is that, had the group not conspired to commit a crime in the first place, the events leading up to the killing would not have transpired. So, in essence, if one member of a group acts like a fucktard, they are all fucktards, and all of them deserve to smoke cock in the penitentiary together.

Of course, this law is subjective and the issuance of charges is at the full discretion of the district attorney prosecuting the case.
    Non Nova Sed Nove......Not New Things,&nbsp; But New Ways

[/quote]

Are you saying that victims would be charged as well??

[/quote]

Why is it out of line?&nbsp; A death resulted from the direct actions of these three.&nbsp; The guy who defended himself, while a supposed drug dealer, wasn't committing a crime at the time of the incident.&nbsp; Until and unless the police find his &quot;stash&quot; the girl &quot;hearing&quot; he has a bunch of drugs means nothing.&nbsp; The police aren't going to charge him when he was defending himself and has done nothing to draw suspicion to himself.&nbsp; Without probable cause in regards to the drugs, also hearing someone is into drugs is quite a bit different from proving it.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=7664.msg381298#msg381298 date=1180214935]
    In California they have special 'drive by' laws.
    If you're in a car with someone that shoots and kills someone, you get charged with murder.
    Anyone/everyone in the car does. Some kind of gangbanger clause. Makes sense to me.

[/quote]

I get it...but it is a little scary.&nbsp; What if you have no idea? What if you're just bumming a ride? Surely there are exceptions&nbsp;

Thread Information