Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Katelynn Marie Johnson (13) took her own life by hanging herself from a swingset

Re: Katelynn Marie Johnson (13) took her own life by hanging herself from a swingset

God my heart is hurting for the ones who found her and it also sounds like her friends heard her threaten suicide but didn't thing she would...all of them babies...poor things to have to deal with such an adult issue.....and the kids who picked on her...God the young can be cruel huh?

Re: Katelynn Marie Johnson (13) took her own life by hanging herself from a swingset

She lived 20 mins from me!
    That is so heart aching.  Poor young thing.
    RIP Katelynn

Re: Katelynn Marie Johnson (13) took her own life by hanging herself from a swin

[quote author=sarabei link=topic=7505.msg370950#msg370950 date=1179755365]
    God my heart is hurting for the ones who found her and it also sounds like her friends heard her threaten suicide but didn't thing she would...all of them babies...poor things to have to deal with such an adult issue.....and the kids who picked on her...God the young can be cruel huh?
    [/quote] this basically sums up my thoughts exactly. she was so young and so pretty. what really sucks is that kids today make fun of EVERYONE. Even the pretty people. I mean, that sounds awful. But it used to be that picking on was reserved for the really fugly people. Now it's totally equal opportunity. Yeah, not the most PC thoughts, but whatev.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

Re: Katelynn Marie Johnson (13) took her own life by hanging herself from a swin

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=7505.msg371203#msg371203 date=1179772292]
    this basically sums up my thoughts exactly. she was so young and so pretty. what really sucks is that kids today make fun of EVERYONE. Even the pretty people. I mean, that sounds awful. But it used to be that picking on was reserved for the really fugly people. Now it's totally equal opportunity. Yeah, not the most PC thoughts, but whatev.
    [/quote]

Kids ALWAYS made fun of everybody. Kids have always been little assholes.  I bet if you went in a time machine to medieval times, thirteen year olds were all calling each other 'walnuts' and other variations of devestating Shakespearian insults.  And then they got married and died by twenty five.

It's really sad, because bullying is not new and tends to start in the home: I read all the time about parents who SUPPORT their jerk kid's behavior because they think that 'only the strong survive' or whatever.

and the pretty ones get it the worst, because people feel insecure and need to take down the threats. 

I am definitely anti bullying.  I've hated it since I was a child when I witnessed it firsthand.  I think all bullies should be stripped of their clothing, they should be lashed to a pole in the center of town and taunted by everyone from sunrise until sundown.  I'm just so devastated to see how these victims of bullying are handling themselves.  Their choice of solutions are just so final, so irreversible and they are just too young, too hurt and feel too alone to see that there are other answers.  Is there an answer for these children?  These teen/children suicides are just the worst stories on here.  You look at their pictures and see the bright, hopeful smiles and you wonder how in the hell you get from there to suicide.  I don't think I'll ever understand it.
    rip little katelynn  i wish you had found another way out of your hell.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=7505.msg371321#msg371321 date=1179775712]
    Kids ALWAYS made fun of everybody. Kids have always been little assholes. 
    [/quote] srsly? I totally dont remember ever being made fun of or anyone else that i know being made fun of either. Maybe I just blocked it from my memory. lol
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=7505.msg371378#msg371378 date=1179777008]
    srsly? I totally dont remember ever being made fun of or anyone else that i know being made fun of either. Maybe I just blocked it from my memory. lol
    [/quote]
    My junior high was a nightmarish 'kill or be killed' situation: my best friend and I got called lesbians on a daily basis, had food thrown at us, etc.  And it was lame but the people doing the taunting were total morons and/or dudes who wanted to boink me.  The highlight was when particularly aggressive little shit hit on me at a punk show a few years later and I just laughed and laughed.

The worst, though, was that my particular high school and junior high had a special ed wing, and kids would constantly taunt them.  There was a really hot punk rock senior who would walk some of the kids from class to class so people would leave them alone.  And I mean, we are talking seriously handicapped kids here, like kids with down syndrome (there was one who was convinced my best friend was Rita Repulsa from power rangers and would FREak OUT when she was around)  The only kids who were left alone were the blind kids, because they were armed with those sticks.

My best friend and I would play basketball with this one kid who just had a really low IQ and one day some girl started making fun of him and my best friend just turned and threw the basketball in her face.  We did not get in trouble.

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=7505.msg369757#msg369757 date=1179694786]
    this scares the crap put of me. my sister is only 7 and she already thinks everyone hates her, even though shes treated like a princess at home, who knows what goes on at school. her ears are kinda messed up, she was born with ears that resemble fairy ears, i think theyre cute, but the older kids at school tease her.  :|
    [/quote]

whaa? I have pictures on my wall of my friends ears because they are pointed like elves and I thought it was awesome.

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=7505.msg371378#msg371378 date=1179777008]
    srsly? I totally dont remember ever being made fun of or anyone else that i know being made fun of either. Maybe I just blocked it from my memory. lol
    [/quote]

Either you blocked it or you grew up in fairyland. 

The system does nothing.
    At times I am for cold harsh reality.
    A photograph of this incredibly young lady hanging from the play set blown poster size and mailed to every parent of each child who tormented this child.
    I was a very sensitive child growing up and never sat and made fun of anyone.  Let me tell you it is vicious taunting that has existed forever. Pure evil. 
    So few ask for help.
    Verbal abuse sticks in ones heart.
    Last year some a girl started a pregnancy rumor about my then 13 year old daughter which brought her to tears. Lesbian rumors ect.
    My oldest son who will be 19 next month was taunted terrible in middle school.  For what reason why a child is singled out is not known to me.  He still struggles socially. 
    A poignant death of the times in which we live.

[quote author=Bella22 link=topic=7505.msg369849#msg369849 date=1179702717]
    This story hurts me a lot. She's so young, it's hard to comprehend suicide at such a young age. But the youngest I heard was 8, also from hanging. How do they know what suicide was? I didn't even think about or know about it until at a much later age.

Most times, they don't know what they're doing, or the fact that once you commit suicide you can never come back.

Hanging as a form of suicide is a horrible, but easy method. I actually can't imagine what it would be like now, I read a lot about it, it can be terribly torturous and takes a while for it to succeed...

My heart is hurting right now....RIP Katelynn.
    [/quote]

My first attempt was at 12. So I can see how she could do it. I just wish someone could show these kids that once you move past this point in your life it does get easier. Rip Katelynn...
    You remember me as Sheilamadrie......Add me as a friend on myspace so you can talk shit about me on my page when I die..

This one made me come out of lurking. Mostly because she looks like such a baby and my own two year old daughter's name is Kaitlyn. I look at her photo on Myspace and you can see all her photos of herself with her friends and whatnot on her wall in the background and it's just heartbreaking. If she only knew things would get better. She should be swinging with those friends on that swingset, not hanging from it. How heartbreaking.

Rest in peace, baby Katelynn Marie. I hope you are no longer in pain. 
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for someone I am not.

13 was a tough transition for me too.  It seemed that is when the social pecking order was forming and suddenly your friends were no longer your friends after the summer.  My first year in middle school was just plain awful.  Oddly enough, the bullying ended after elementary school and I just developed into this loner.  Considering I was a fat girl in school, I should have been ridiculed more but I just was invisible mostly.  I suppose being non-existent is just as bad.  I know I courted suicidal thoughts from about 14-17 though.

R.I.P Katelynn
    &quot;We are such stuff<br />As dreams are made on and our little life<br />Is rounded with a sleep...&quot;

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=7505.msg371321#msg371321 date=1179775712]
    Kids ALWAYS made fun of everybody. Kids have always been little assholes.&nbsp; I bet if you went in a time machine to medieval times, thirteen year olds were all calling each other 'walnuts' and other variations of devestating Shakespearian insults.&nbsp; And then they got married and died by twenty five.

It's really sad, because bullying is not new and tends to start in the home: I read all the time about parents who SUPPORT their jerk kid's behavior because they think that 'only the strong survive' or whatever.

and the pretty ones get it the worst, because people feel insecure and need to take down the threats.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

I agree..kids can be so cruel. I remember being bullied at her age, and even before that. They kids in my class were so cruel that I was afraid to go outside for recess.

And teachers didn't even help, they told my parents &quot;kids will be kids&quot;&nbsp; Try telling me that when I was crying in a stall at recess.

RIP..poor little one..she was so pretty..wish someone could have gotten through to her in time, and told her that it would eventually get better.

Then again, when I was 13, I thought that no one would ever like me and my life was over.

You're like a hurricane to me: your violence is beautiful, your centre, so sweet.

[quote author=kittee link=topic=7505.msg373987#msg373987 date=1179881302]
    I agree..kids can be so cruel. I remember being bullied at her age, and even before that. They kids in my class were so cruel that I was afraid to go outside for recess.

And teachers didn't even help, they told my parents &quot;kids will be kids&quot;&nbsp; Try telling me that when I was crying in a stall at recess.

RIP..poor little one..she was so pretty..wish someone could have gotten through to her in time, and told her that it would eventually get better.

Then again, when I was 13, I thought that no one would ever like me and my life was over.
    [/quote]

Yeah I remember one time this asshat skater dude who would always make fun of me and my best friend was hassling us and as my step dad picked us up, he yelled 'your daughters are ugly lesbians'.&nbsp; And then my step dad stopped the truck and got out, and fucking chased this idiot down the street, grabbed him the lapels and pinned him to a wall, and gave him a talking to about how to address women.&nbsp; Then he made him apologize and the douche never made fun of me again, or if he did it was quietly....but I was always a sarcastic little wench so most of the time those people didn't bother me, I just never cared what other people thought because I knew I didn't fit in, I was never going to be a cute cheerleader, and I better learn to deal with it.

My step dad ruled.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=7505.msg373994#msg373994 date=1179881580]
    Yeah I remember one time this asshat skater dude who would always make fun of me and my best friend was hassling us and as my step dad picked us up, he yelled 'your daughters are ugly lesbians'.&nbsp; And then my step dad stopped the truck and got out, and fucking chased this idiot down the street, grabbed him the lapels and pinned him to a wall, and gave him a talking to about how to address women.&nbsp; Then he made him apologize and the douche never made fun of me again, or if he did it was quietly....but I was always a sarcastic little wench so most of the time those people didn't bother me, I just never cared what other people thought because I knew I didn't fit in, I was never going to be a cute cheerleader, and I better learn to deal with it.

My step dad ruled.
    [/quote]

I &lt;3 your stepdad..that's just like my mom. She had to take matters into her own hands.
    I was so different-looking from all of the kids in my class, so I was always the object of jokes..
    my mom was so tired of me coming home and crying and trying to avoid school that she marched up to the kids and gave them a stern talk about how to treat people.

We have awesome parents lol&nbsp;

You're like a hurricane to me: your violence is beautiful, your centre, so sweet.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=7505.msg369753#msg369753 date=1179694535]
    Why must these people be so ironic?&nbsp; That's not what a swing set is for!

Poor girl, I do NOT get the hanging thing.&nbsp; Of all the stupid ways to glamorize death, hanging just seems the most painful and gross.
    [/quote]

Actually my husband hung himself when he was 17, died but was later revived. He did it in the psychiatric ward, otherwise he wouldn't be here! He said it was painless. He passed out before he could feel anything. He describes it as peaceful.&nbsp; I believe him too since he has some painful stories about his other more violent attempts.
    Life is a temporary problem, but there is a permanent solution. A prescription for everyone? No doubt.

Katelynn Marie Johnson (13) took her own life by hanging herself from a swingset

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007/05/21/Katelynn_Marie_Johnson_(13)_took_her_own_life_by_h anging_herself_from_a_swingset

That's one I've never heard of before.. What a horrifying site.

Rest in peace baby.

Thread Information