Thread: Dancing FBI agent Chase Bishop who dropped gun during backflip charged in shooting

Dancing FBI agent Chase Bishop who dropped gun during backflip charged in shooting

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...gun/696473002/

Damn in the era of Law Enforcement Brutality allegations this is shitty right there.

DENVER ? An FBI agent who is accused of accidentally shooting a man while dancing at a club earlier this month has turned himself in and was formally charged Tuesday with second-degree assault, authorities say.

Chase Bishop, 29, is scheduled to appear in court Wednesday and has been booked into the Downtown Denver Detention Center, according to jail records. The Denver District Attorney's Office said Bishop could face additional charges pending the results of a blood alcohol content analysis.

?We are filing this charge now rather than waiting until the BAC report is received, which we understand could take another week, because sufficient evidence has been presented to file it,? Discrict Attorney Beth McCann said in a news release.

More: Man shot by dancing FBI agent: 'I thought some idiot set off a firecracker'

Bishop is under investigation following an incident that occurred during the early morning hours of June 1 at Mile High Spirits in Denver. In a video, Bishop is seen dancing and then doing a backflip ? during which his pistol dropped from his waistband and landed on the floor.

The video shows the off-duty agent reaching for the gun, which went off, hitting another patron in the leg.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...603-story.html

And other outlets covering the incident

An off-duty FBI agent accidentally shot a fellow clubgoer when he went to pick up the gun that fell out of his pants while doing a backflip, according to local reports.

The unidentified g-man was seen busting a move at the Mile High Spirits Distillery and Tasting Bar in Denver at about 12:45 a.m. Saturday as people surrounded him, video of which was obtained by ABC affiliate KMGH.

A handgun is seen flying forward out of the back of the man’s khaki-color pants as he does a backflip.

The man then immediately reaches for the firearm — only for it to go off as soon as he picks it up.

An unidentified patron was struck in the lower leg when the weapon discharged, and a Denver police spokeswoman told the Daily News he had a non-life-threatening injury.

The off-duty agent was brought to police headquarters, where he was later handed over to a supervisor at the FBI, according to a statement from Denver police.

The law man’s identity isn’t being released because he wasn’t arrested, the police spokeswoman said.

But the Denver Police Homicide Unit is still investigating the incident, cops said in a statement, and the Denver District Attorney’s Office will determine if the off-duty agent will be charged.

http://kdvr.com/2018/06/12/charges-f...ver-nightclub/

Local coverage to the incident

Prosecutors said that additional charges may be filed based on the results of a pending blood alcohol content analysis of Bishop.

“We are filing this charge now rather than waiting until the BAC report is received, which we understand could take another week, because sufficient evidence has been presented to file it,” Denver District Attorney Beth McCann said in a statement. “If an additional charge needs to be filed after further evidence is received, we can file those charges then.”

The Denver Police Department responded to Mile High Spirits Distillery at 2201 Lawrence St. on the morning of June 2. Bishop was released to an FBI supervisor that night and not arrested.

A woman recorded the shooting with her cellphone. It shows the agent dancing for the crowd and after he does a backflip, the weapon falls out of the back of his waistband.

The gun fired as he went to pick it up, hitting a man in the crowd, Tom Reddington, in the leg.

“We sat down at one of those picnic tables — I heard a loud bang and I thought some idiot set off a firecracker,” Reddington told ABC News.

“Then I looked down at my leg and see some brown residue, … I’m still thinking it’s a firework. … All of a sudden from the knee down it became completely red. Then it clicked that I’ve been shot.”

The FBI declined comment on the matter Tuesday “in order to preserve the integrity of the ongoing investigation,” Denver FBI spokeswoman Amy Sanders said.

“The FBI will continue to fully cooperate with the Denver Police Department and the Denver District Attorney’s Office as this matter proceeds through the judicial process,” Sanders said.

I am immediately torn between my haTred of guns in public places and my realization that this is a stupid accident. Add the fact that he is an FBI and was drinking with a gun in tow though... I'm not too broken up about him facing charges.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-...uilty/10664498

Dancing FBI agent who accidentally shot man at Denver bar avoids jail
    Posted 24 minutes ago

VIDEO: Chase Bishop accidentally shoots a bar patron while performing a backflip (ABC News)

A dancing FBI agent who accidentally shot a man in the leg after doing a backflip at a US bar will avoid jail time after pleading guilty on Friday to third-degree assault.

Key points

Video footage shows Mr Bishop's gun fall to the ground mid-backflip and discharge

Mr Bishop was off-duty at the time of the shooting

The man who was shot said he did not hold any personal grudge against the FBI agent

Chase Bishop, 30, struck a plea deal with prosecutors and was sentenced to two years of probation, The Denver Post reported.

He also must pay more than US$1,600 ($2,274) in fines and court costs.

Footage of the June 2 shooting at Mile High Spirits and Distillery shows Mr Bishop dancing in the middle of a circle of people before doing the backflip.

The gun falls to the ground mid-flip and discharges as Mr Bishop picks it up.

The agent then puts the gun into a waistband holster and walks away with his hands up.

PHOTO: Thirty-year-old Chris Bishop has been sentenced to two years' probation. (Supplied: Denver Sherriff's Department)

"My whole goal in life is to care, protect and serve people," Mr Bishop said in court.

"I never expected the result of my actions to lead to something like this."

He pleaded not guilty in November to second-degree assault, which carries a penalty of up to 16 years in prison.

Mr Bishop, who will serve his probation in Georgia, was in Denver on FBI business and was off-duty at the time of the shooting.

FBI spokeswoman Kelsey Pietranton declined to say if he would continue to work at the agency.

The man who was shot, Tom Reddington, 24, spoke emotionally in court about how he lost his job at an Amazon warehouse after the shooting, his chronic pain and his concern that he may never be able to run again.

"I have done months of physical therapy," he said.

"I have sought counselling. However, being in public, especially seeing law enforcement with guns, makes me very uncomfortable."

Mr Reddington added he does not hold a personal grudge against Mr Bishop.

"I've done stupid things at bars to impress girls, too," he said.

meh. i'm ok with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I haven't been to the club in a couple of months, but why was he doing a backflip? What kind of dance is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    I haven't been to the club in a couple of months, but why was he doing a backflip? What kind of dance is that?
    Drunk white dude trying to show off.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    Drunk white dude trying to show off.
    OK, gotcha. I go to the club to get drunk. I don't dance, I have no rhythm.

Thread Information