Thread: Paris Kamper (15) died after she drank alcohol that was made from an online recipe

Paris Kamper (15) died after she drank alcohol that was made from an online recipe

Poor kid probably made the mistake of thinking it was too weak to hurt her because it tasted sweet.

RIP Paris

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...12-p4zky8.html

A 15-year-old girl was drinking alone at her north-west Sydney family home last Friday when she watched an online instructional recipe video and consumed a deadly cocktail resulting in a blood alcohol level of eight times the legal driving limit.

The teenager, who has been identified as Paris Kamper, was found unconscious at the semi-rural property in Kenthurst shortly before 9.30pm on Friday, before emergency services were called to take her to The Children?s Hospital at Westmead.

Paris Kamper, 15, who died after consuming a lethal amount of alcohol.

Photo: Facebook

Despite the best efforts of medical experts, who kept the teenager under sedation and on ventilation across the weekend, she died on Monday morning just before noon.

"The disturbing fact about this whole case is that the young lady was 15 years of age," Superintendent Rob Critchlow, The Hills Police Area Commander, said, describing the teenager as "free-spirited, well-respected and well-liked".

"How pointless and tragic and sad and avoidable it is, the death of a 15-year-old child, drinking alcohol on her own in what should be a place of safety."

Superintendent Critchlow said it was clear that the ingestion of alcohol led directly or indirectly to young girl's death.

Upon arrival at the hospital her blood alcohol content was 0.4, which is considered to be in the lethal limit for alcohol consumption.

"The legal [driving] limit of 0.05 is when a grown adult starts to show the affects of alcohol ... 0.37 and up you run a very real risk of death," he said.

A post mortem examination is due this week.

Officers from The Hills Police Area Command have seized items from the home including a bottle of alcohol, lollies and energy drinks, all of which will be examined by the coroner.

It is understood the teenage girl sourced the video for a homemade alcoholic drink online, before consuming the resulting beverage.

Superintendent Critchlow said investigators would explore all legal avenues available, if it was determined that the online video or platform contributed to the 15-year-old's decision to consume the deadly cocktail, including seeking assistance from international partners.

"Anyone who thinks that making an instructional video on how to consume excessive amounts of alcohol in a dangerous manner is sensible or desirable, they are wrong and they need to stop it," he said.

?We have a family devastated by the death of their beloved daughter; they have a lot of questions ... they are obviously very distressed."

Superintendent Critchlow urged parents to speak with their children about the dangers of underage and uninformed alcohol consumption.

?We will endeavour to find answers, but our message has to be: do not risk your health experimenting with high-risk information sourced online."

It is understood Paris attended school locally, worked in a local part-time job and was an equestrian rider.

Police described her as "deeply engaged in animals," such as chickens, horses and livestock, at her family property, where she enjoyed a "pretty idyllic lifestyle."
    https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...2085688e01dae9

<<snipped>>
    The Hills Police Area Commander, Superintendent Rob Critchlow, today warned about the risks of underage drinking, and sourcing information online relating to alcohol consumption.

?This investigation is in its infancy but early inquiries indicate this girl sourced an alcoholic drink recipe from an online site, then put that information to the test,? Supt Critchlow said.

?Early indications are that she was on her own.

?I cannot state how pointless and tragic and sad and avoidable the death of a 15-year-old child, drinking alcohol on their own, is in a place that should be a place of safety.?

Supt. Critchlow said Ms Kamper?s family were stunned at her death, and that they wanted to warn others about toxic alcohol recipes like the one the teenager had found online.

?She was a lovely young girl, quite a character, quite a free-spirited young girl,? he said.

?For this to happen in an unexpected and tragic and catastrophic manner is really damaging for all of us.

?Enough is enough. Dangerous alcohol has to stop.?

Meanwhile, online tributes from friends remembered her as a talented horsewoman, a beautiful friend and ?a bright, talented light taken too soon".

?Pazzy you are forever with us and we will never forget you,? Michelle Gil, who said Ms Kamper was her daughter?s ?absolute best friend in the world for the past 11 years,? wrote on Facebook.

Paris, seen here on her way to a clear jumping round in 2017, was a talented young horsewoman. Picture: Facebook/Horse DealsSource:Facebook

She later added: ?She was gorgeous but even more beautiful on the inside ? she had a heart of gold and would constantly offer help to me if I needed it!?.

The Sydney Eventing committee extended its condolences, ?devastated? to learn of the sudden death of the ?talented young horse rider".

?Our thoughts are with those grieving this heartbreaking loss. May you rest in peace Paris,? posted group member Georgia Hawkins.

Supt. Critchlow said he could not ?emphasise more strongly the risk of underage and ? more importantly ?? uninformed alcohol consumption?.

?We have a family devastated by the death of their beloved daughter; they have a lot of questions,? he said.

?We will endeavour to find answers?.

?But our message has to be: do not risk your health experimenting with high-risk information sourced online.?

Police are urging anyone with information in relation to this incident to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page.

I assume there's soc med out there but I haven't searched for it.

It was a long weekend in NSW when she died. The June long weekend used to be cracker night until the govt banned fireworks & a lot of people still feel like there should be a party or something to take it's place.

So I'm hoping this didn't involve a bunch of bored kids messing around in a group chat because there were no real parties to go to

- not because I think they'd be to blame, but because it'll add a shitload of guilt & fear to their grief

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Lord. Wtf was IN this drink? And if she had enough alcohol to concoct it....why concoct it?
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    Lord. Wtf was IN this drink? And if she had enough alcohol to concoct it....why concoct it?
    I want to know what was in the drink, also. Holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Here is her FB, which is pretty locked down: https://www.facebook.com/paris.kamper207?fref=mentions

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    That was my first thought. EIGHT TIMES the legal limit? Was it how much alcohol was in the drink? Or how much she consumed?

I don't think even Everclear can achieve that kind of power in one drink so I'm assuming she drank WAY too much of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I wonder if she drank Moonshine.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I can't find the article again but I read that it was energy drinks and an ENTIRE bottle of vodka

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeListener View Post
    I can't find the article again but I read that it was energy drinks and an ENTIRE bottle of vodka
    I mean, you don't need an online tutorial for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeListener View Post
    Damn, if she didn't die, she would have woke up wishing she did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

The thought of drinking multiple energy drinks in one go is enough to make my chest hurt. Add in an entire bottle of vodka? Fuck.

This one's kinda confusing.
    The way it sounded to me, I thought she made it herself. Bc if she already had the alcohol why are the police blaming it on her watching the tutorial instead of the amount she drank??

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I wonder if she drank Moonshine.
    This was my thought as well. That shit will hit you out of nowhere, and you'll have zero idea how it hit so fast and so hard.

I had it a few times in college, some of the kids' parents were 'shiners. That shit tastes so good you have no idea how drunk you are until you try to stand up.

Poor kid. I know other countries have less strict laws on alcohol, but common sense has to figure into things sometimes. Rest in Peace, Paris.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Whatever it was that she mixed together using the recipe, it had lollies (candy) of some kind in it as well as the energy drinks & alcohol.

So she probably thought it was safe & weak because of the sweetness.

It's also very possible that because she was a high achieving sporty kid & so far below the legal drinking age, no-one had sat her down yet & explained the difference between spirits/beer/wine & the EXTREMELY different consequences of guzzling down a shitload of one vs the others - or that she needed to drink small & slow her first few times because alcohol takes a while before you feel it's full effects.

Her parents probably thought they were years off having to worry about binge drinking

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    IMG_1883-2.jpg

15th March 2003 ? 10th June 2018

Late of Kenthurst

The cherished daughter of Bill and Sandy, and much loved sister of Phoebe, Olivia and Ryan.

Relatives and friends of Paris are warmly invited to attend her Funeral Service to be held at Hillsong Chapel,

1-9 Solent Circuit, Baulkham Hills on Wednesday 20th June, 2018 commencing at 10:30am.

As seating will be limited in the chapel, we ask that all guests arrive early so that everyone can be seated comfortably.

Immediately after the service, light refreshments will be served at the chapel. Following refreshments, the celebration of Paris? life will continue at the family home

123 Pitt Town Road, Kenthurst.

A private cremation will follow the service.

?Paris, we have you in our hearts but God has you in his care?.

By request of family, please honour Paris? life by wearing bright colours. (No pink).
    http://www.hillsfamilyfunerals.com.a...inette-kamper/

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    I wonder if this is one of those online challenges that are going around. I just can't see her trying this out just out of rebellion or boredom. So sad. RIP Paris.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

A fifteen yr old has more an excuse than the 20+ yr old university students in the other thread, but jfc people, start educating kids on the diff between skoling a jug of beer & skoling a jug of spirits

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...0b4f34ecace3a1

15-year-old Paris Kamper died after taking a lethal alcohol cocktail she found on the internet

THE HEARTBROKEN mother of a Sydney teenager who died after drinking a fatal cocktail has finally broken her silence.

In June this year, 15-year-old Paris Kamper described as a ?bright, talented light taken too soon? by her friends ? was found unconscious at a home at Kenthurst, in Sydney?s northwest.

The much-loved teenager had reportedly been drinking alone and returned a blood alcohol reading of 0.4, which is eight times over the adult legal driving limit.

She was rushed The Children?s Hospital at Westmead but died there two days later.

The young girl?s mother, Sandy, was at her daughter?s bedside when her life support was switched off after three days.

?They let me stay with her another night, then they turned the machines off,? Ms Kamper told Nine News today.

?It was a forever decision,? she added, bursting into tears.

Paris' mum broke down in tears while talking about her death.

Paris' mum broke down in tears while talking about her death.Source:Channel 9

Ms Kamper said she wants her daughter?s tragic death to serve as a warning to other children in the age of social media.

?Our children are under assault,? she said.

?They are being swamped by social media, seeing things they shouldn?t see.

?Often what they see on there is louder than your voice as a parent.?

She said she wasn?t sure why her daughter didn?t tell her about the fatal cocktail. ?She told me everything, everything,? Ms Kamper said.

?I don?t know why she didn?t tell me this.

?I don?t think she thought it was that bad or dangerous, I don?t think she thought too much about it.?

Paris Kamper died after drinking a concoction of alcohol, energy drinks and lollies from a recipe she found online.Source:Facebook

Paris? heartbroken mother has finally broken her silence.Source:News Corp Australia

In June, while giving her daughter?s eulogy, Ms Kamper said she hoped her daughter?s death would save other lives.

?I ask today that this not remain a sad story. I pray that her mess turns into your message,? Ms Kamper said at the Hillsong Chapel at Baulkham Hills in June.

?That every person listening to me right now find the strength, courage, resilience, truth and conviction to speak her story.

?For each of us to think deeply about what example are we displaying to our children and every young person that follows in our footsteps.?

Paris (R) died in June.Source:Facebook

Her father also spoke at the service today, saying losing his daughter was one of the ?hardest things in the world?.

?I know God took her at our place but she stayed on so we could let her go at the hospital,? Mr Kamper told the funeral, according to The Daily Telegraph. ?She was a scallywag ? she was a really, really funny kid. Losing your daughter is one of the hardest things in the world.?

Paris? mum and sister pictured at her funeral in June.Source:News Corp Australia

According to The Australian, the 15-year-old student?s older sister, Olivia, gave the formal eulogy, remembering her sister fondly as someone who could ?get away with anything?.

?She was my sister, best friend, partner in crime and now she is my guardian angel,? Olivia said. ?Everyone thought she looked up to me but in reality I looked up to her.?

Poor gal. Love that her father called her a scallywag. I could almost hear the accent.

So when they say she made "A" cocktail do they mean one drink or does that just refer to a mix of ingredients?

Quote Originally Posted by Non_Saepe View Post
    Poor gal. Love that her father called her a scallywag. I could almost hear the accent.

So when they say she made "A" cocktail do they mean one drink or does that just refer to a mix of ingredients?
    I'm thinking it was a single bottle she mixed - probably something like this

Thread Information