Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Madeleine McCann

Re: Madeleine McCann

There is so much misinformation out there can someone from the UK help me out........what were the ages of the kids in the room? I heard the oldest was 4.

Yea she was 3 at the time, but has since turned 4. 2 younger twins, not sure of their age but seem 1 or 2.

[quote author=death roe link=topic=7487.msg379134#msg379134 date=1180112479]
    What's a baby-phone? Is it like a baby monitor?

The parents are both doctors, they had enough money they could have brought a family member or friend to babysit while on holiday. I don't think even if they had a closed circuit TV and had a monitor at the restaurant would have even been a good decision, IMO.

It is really amazing that not 1 but 2 doctors would make such a poor choice regarding their own children's safety. It's just really sad, I do feel for them but am perplexed by the choices they made.
    [/quote]

ah damn, thats the german word. reeally. we have some weird english words in our german language. like handy for mobile phone. lol.

a baby phone is lieke a walkie talkie. they could have heard that sb was entering the room if they had one. ...
    wouldnt even be hard to take one wit you.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; Euripides (484 BC - 406 BC), The Bacchae, circa 407 B.C.

deliberate_misuse

[quote author=lilnikki link=topic=7487.msg378852#msg378852 date=1180098376]
    I never in my life thought I would have to experience anything like this!! but my 15 yr old cousin has been missing for over 48 hrs now. The cops seem to think that she ran away, and that very well could be. But she is with some very bad people..and Im scared to death I will end up seeing her profile on here!! It is so creepy how her story is so similar to ones that I have read on here that I seriously cant sleep at night!! She confided in a friend a few days ago that she had snuck out of her house with some guys who are rumored to be gang members. One fell asleep and the other raped her. She told her friend that she was so scared bc the guy said he would kill her if she told anyone. The next night she goes missing. but her friend said that she just left with the guy who had fallen asleep. Either way...GAWD!! I dont even know if any of this makes any sense...I have not slept..and Im feel pretty delirious at this point. But I am so scared if I fall asleep Ill miss a telephone call or something...anyway..please keep my cousin Victoria in your prayers as you pray for Madeleine's safe recovery.
    [/quote]

How awful!&nbsp; I am hoping for the best.&nbsp; Please post here when she's been found safe and sound.

As for the McCann case, I am dumbfounded by the parents' stupidity at leaving three children UNDER THE AGE OF FOUR alone.&nbsp; They are being raked over the coals by everyone, and deservedly so.&nbsp; I hope that Madeleine is found alive and well.

[quote author=lilnikki link=topic=7487.msg378852#msg378852 date=1180098376]
    I never in my life thought I would have to experience anything like this!! but my 15 yr old cousin has been missing for over 48 hrs now. The cops seem to think that she ran away, and that very well could be. But she is with some very bad people..and Im scared to death I will end up seeing her profile on here!! It is so creepy how her story is so similar to ones that I have read on here that I seriously cant sleep at night!! She confided in a friend a few days ago that she had snuck out of her house with some guys who are rumored to be gang members. One fell asleep and the other raped her. She told her friend that she was so scared bc the guy said he would kill her if she told anyone. The next night she goes missing. but her friend said that she just left with the guy who had fallen asleep. Either way...GAWD!! I dont even know if any of this makes any sense...I have not slept..and Im feel pretty delirious at this point. But I am so scared if I fall asleep Ill miss a telephone call or something...anyway..please keep my cousin Victoria in your prayers as you pray for Madeleine's safe recovery.
    [/quote]

OMG This is awful. I'm so sorry sweetie. If there is anything we can do let us know. Your in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted.

[quote author=idiomatic_german link=topic=7487.msg380282#msg380282 date=1180143969]
    ah damn, thats the german word. reeally. we have some weird english words in our german language. like handy for mobile phone. lol.

a baby phone is lieke a walkie talkie. they could have heard that sb was entering the room if they had one. ...
    wouldnt even be hard to take one wit you.
    [/quote]

Ah, I see! It's interesting to see the way the words are used for things though!

I suppose if the restaurant was close enough, they could have ran over to their room when they heard a noise. That would be assuming the baby phone had a really clear signal though.

SOAD

[quote author=idiomatic_german link=topic=7487.msg380282#msg380282 date=1180143969]
    ah damn, thats the german word. really. we have some weird english words in our german language. like handy for mobile phone. lol.

a baby phone is like a walkie talkie. they could have heard that sb was entering the room if they had one. ...
    wouldnt even be hard to take one with you.
    [/quote]

Those baby moniters have a nasty habit of backfiring.....I used to keep the reciever in my garage and the speaker in my room so I could hear if any thieves were trying to steal my motorbike.....one day I got the reciever and speaker confused and I slid off from the family BBQ to screw my then GF, I wondered why no-one at our BBQ could keep a straight face with me for the rest of the day

[quote author=SOAD link=topic=7487.msg382135#msg382135 date=1180270147]
    Those baby moniters have a nasty habit of backfiring.....I used to keep the reciever in my garage and the speaker in my room so I could hear if any thieves were trying to steal my motorbike.....one day I got the reciever and speaker confused and I slid off from the family BBQ to screw my then GF, I wondered why no-one at our BBQ could keep a straight face with me for the rest of the day
    [/quote]

OMG...no.....(gasping for breath)...you didn't!!&nbsp; ROFLMAO!!&nbsp;

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=7487.msg373216#msg373216 date=1179852224]
    I feel my kids are safer without a babysitter, also. THAT leaves me the only option of NOT leaving them at all. I don't trust many with my kids. I would rather be driven crazy by them than go thru the stuff they are going thru right now!
    [/quote]my 16 yr babysitter tried to molest me when I was 8 yr old
    if she had waited till I was alil older I would'nt had minded she was pretty hot
    ‘I don’t mind dying - I just don’t want to be there when it happens&#039;<br />

SOAD

the pope has blessed her picture today.....talk about way out of proportion, im kinda getting pissed off with the whole thing now.
    And as for people turning to religeon....christ on a crutch, how can ppl believe in that bullshit

[quote author=SOAD link=topic=7487.msg386650#msg386650 date=1180530111]
    the pope has blessed her picture today.....talk about way out of proportion, im kinda getting pissed off with the whole thing now.
    And as for people turning to religeon....christ on a crutch, how can ppl believe in that bullshit
    [/quote]

Maybe we should take turns blessing her picture.&nbsp; I mean, what does that pope have that we don't?!&nbsp;

[quote author=jesserz44 link=topic=7487.msg386659#msg386659 date=1180530690]
    Maybe we should take turns blessing her picture.&nbsp; I mean, what does that pope have that we don't?!&nbsp;

[/quote]

A fancy lookin hat?

I think it has more to do with her looks than her actual color. If she were a beautiful little black girl in the same situation, I think she would have gotten the same coverage. I think that if she were an ugly little girl, whether black or white, she would have faded much faster from the media.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Twisted_Angel1993 link=topic=7487.msg386664#msg386664 date=1180530846]
    A fancy lookin hat?
    [/quote]

Touche!&nbsp; Although, I do have a pretty cool tiara around my house somewhere..

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=7487.msg386668#msg386668 date=1180530944]
    I think it has more to do with her looks than her actual color. If she were a beautiful little black girl in the same situation, I think she would have gotten the same coverage. I think that if she were an ugly little girl, whether black or white, she would have faded much faster from the media.
    [/quote]

SOAD

[quote author=jesserz44 link=topic=7487.msg386659#msg386659 date=1180530690]

[/quote]

A conviction for molesting choirboys

[quote author=SOAD link=topic=7487.msg386681#msg386681 date=1180531629]
    A conviction for molesting choirboys
    [/quote]

You're wrong about that one.

Kidding.&nbsp; But seriously, I wonder if they'll take her picture to Miss Cleo next.

I really do hope she is found safe, but I just can't believe the parents would be so irresponsible and even more so, selfish. &nbsp;Seriously- who leaves three toddlers unsupervised? &nbsp;Just because neither one of you wants to miss out on all the fun? &nbsp;Who does that? &nbsp;How ignorant can you be? &nbsp;I don't doubt that this couple needed a wake-up call, I just think it's horribly unfortunate that it came in the form of their beautiful little baby being abducted. &nbsp;I also find it unsettling that, had the authorities been notified by, say, a concerned resort-worker that noticed the children had been left unattended, those parents would be in trouble. &nbsp;So, your child gets kidnapped, because of your negligence, and that makes it so you don't have to face the repercussions for said negligence? &nbsp;Before anyone gets on me about this, I do believe that the parents must be guilt-ridden, and I do have sympathy for them, but it does seem a little unfair that, in this case, it has been decided that the guilt they must be feeling is punishment enough. &nbsp;I'm sure a lot of people have made mistakes that have caused them to be in their own personal prison, but I'm sure they don't get let off the hook because &quot;they already feel bad enough about it&quot;. &nbsp;I think that is where the fact that they are educated, rich, and white comes in to play... &nbsp; &nbsp;

I think it's been too long at this point. Elizabeth Smart and Sean Hornbeck cases are so rare... I think she's gone. :(
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Amy's taste > Tara's

SOAD

this is why you gotta love /b/.......its a little harsh, and no I never made any posts on it

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=7487.msg386709#msg386709 date=1180533138]
    I think it's been too long at this point. Elizabeth Smart and Sean Hornbeck cases are so rare... I think she's gone. :(
    [/quote]

I agree and it sounds harsh, but this has been so well publicized world wide, they probably got rid of her quite awhile ago.&nbsp; Her face was too well known.&nbsp; I hope I am wrong though..&nbsp;

I don't see anything wrong with anyone praying for this child or her family.&nbsp; We all have different ideas and beliefs...that doesn't make us stupid or moronic.&nbsp; There is more than just what we can touch and see.

[quote author=sarabei link=topic=7487.msg386912#msg386912 date=1180540659]
    I don't see anything wrong with anyone praying for this child or her family.&nbsp; We all have different ideas and beliefs...that doesn't make us stupid or moronic.&nbsp; There is more than just what we can touch and see.
    [/quote] No...people praying for a child isn't stupid. The parents leaving their kid alone while they went out is stupid.

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=7487.msg387029#msg387029 date=1180543906]
    No...people praying for a child isn't stupid. The parents leaving their kid alone while they went out is stupid.
    [/quote]

TOTALLY right on the money, I still feel like there hasn't been enough attention focused on theirstupidityy.&nbsp; I feel SO sorry for this little girl, but my sorrow for the parents is tempered by their stupidity!!

What aggravates me about this whole thing is the irresponsibility of these parents. I have kids the same age. My son turned four on Friday-two weeks after Madeleine did. I have a two year old also. I don't even take a shower when I am home alone with them. I don't trust someone to babysit them-I guess kind of like these people. That does NOT mean leave them alone, though.
    The whole thing just pisses me off to no end. The things I sacrifice on a REGULAR basis are a total pain in the ass. My kids are all safe, though.

Thread Information