Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Madeleine McCann

Re: Madeleine McCann

I have a really bad feelings about this...this is almost similar to another abduction case here...Sarah Payne. She was taken and found dead a few weeks later. Or Jessica and Holly case, they were found dead as well. Will there be a happy ending here? I really really wish there was.

She's such a sweet looking girl, so innocent, easy prey no doubt...

what a precious child...

Im having a hard time with the parents leaving the 3 very small children alone too. I have a 6 yr old and a 2 yr  old and I would never leave them alone!! what if their room caught fire!! there are so many what if's!! It all seems so strange that I have also wondered if the parents had anything to do with it. I really dont think so, but the thought has crossed my mind. I cant imagine what they are going through!! The pain of wanting to hold their baby..not to mention the guilt they feeling!! I pray they find her safe!!

SOAD

I really honestly hope this kid turns up safe, I hate it when bad shit happens to kids...especially really young ones.

But I couldnt resist making this....loadsa my myspace friends have proper posters, so I made this stupid one.

[quote author=SOAD link=topic=7487.msg371102#msg371102 date=1179767272]
    I really honestly hope this kid turns up safe, I hate it when bad shit happens to kids...especially really young ones.

But I couldnt resist making this....loadsa my myspace friends have proper posters, so I made this stupid one.

[/quote]

You have a twisted sense of humor like me!  COOL!

[quote author=LivingDeadDoll link=topic=7487.msg370272#msg370272 date=1179720021]
    The British bloke who they suspected Robert something, seems quite dodgy. Hiring a car “urgently” 2 days after she was abducted, even though he has 2 cars of his own. Also, the phone calls to the IT friend of his who supposedly was making him a real estate web page, half an hour and a couple of hours AFTER she was abducted…and the IT friend told police he hadn’t spoken with him for over a year?? Strange??? This British bloke also has a young son/daughter…..but the cops can't prove anything....

[/quote]

Seriously? You think that?

All I see is a witch hunt and the British media deciding some guy is guilty by totally clutching at straws. He 'urgently' hired a car? Right. He may well have hired a car. I'd be willing to bet £100 the Sun/Mirror/Express/other gutter rg added 'urgently' for effect.. Naming 'suspacts' before anything is proven and especially flashing their pictures on the front pages is totally wrong IMO.

The Daily Express had as it's headline the other day 'Suspect behaved just like Huntly' with his picture in huge. I mean, WTF. That's just wrong. It sensationalising, making this entertainment, giving it 'cliff-hangers' in order to sell papers. It sickens me.

Niffy...I totally agree with you there. Newspapers such as The Sun, NOTW, Daily Mail among others strives from sensationalizing their articles, it's sickening. I'm sure they have added words here and there to make it more 'dramatic'.....ugh!

That's why I don't read newspapers much, I go online for news, even that can be sensationalized...

The chief suspect is made a 'scape-goat', people need news so they used him to dramatize the case...but I guess they're just doing their job and need to make as much money as possible...evil but necessary I suppose...

I don't like reporters that much

[quote author=Bella22 link=topic=7487.msg372604#msg372604 date=1179821174]
    Niffy...I totally agree with you there. Newspapers such as The Sun, NOTW, Daily Mail among others strives from sensationalizing their articles, it's sickening. I'm sure they have added words here and there to make it more 'dramatic'.....ugh!

That's why I don't read newspapers much, I go online for news, even that can be sensationalized...

The chief suspect is made a 'scape-goat', people need news so they used him to dramatize the case...but I guess they're just doing their job and need to make as much money as possible...evil but necessary I suppose...

I don't like reporters that much
    [/quote]

It's only neccesary to sell papers to the idiots of this country.

It seems that most people here can't stomach the 'big stories', big issues like war, famine, anything political for that matter. Things will be brought to the publics attention for a while but then people will feel helpless/get bored and lose interest. So instead the papers/media give them the little soap operas they crave, something they feel they can get involved in, pour emotion into, something with a nice little beginning, middle, end.

[quote author=Niffy link=topic=7487.msg372646#msg372646 date=1179822655]

It's only neccesary to sell papers to the idiots of this country.

It seems that most people here can't stomach the 'big stories', big issues like war, famine, anything political for that matter. Things will be brought to the publics attention for a while but then people will feel helpless/get bored and lose interest. So instead the papers/media give them the little soap operas they crave, something they feel they can get involved in, pour emotion into, something with a nice little beginning, middle, end.
    [/quote]

Good if depressing summation.

[quote author=sarabei link=topic=7487.msg368133#msg368133 date=1179576256]
    http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/0507/1501_madeleine_mccann.html

Maybe I am wrong but wasn't it irresponsible of these parents to leave such young children unattended in a strange country while they went to a restaurant to have dinner?  Even if the place is only 100 yards away?
    [/quote]
    ugh...I don't even take the trash out when I am alone with the kids. I could NEVER leave them here, or ANYWHERE to go eat dinner.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

People magazine quoted the husband's sister as saying that they felt their children were safer without a baby-sitter--they didn't trust anyone else to watch them.

Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

[quote author=tara12sk link=topic=7487.msg373054#msg373054 date=1179846592]
    People magazine quoted the husband's sister as saying that they felt their children were safer without a baby-sitter--they didn't trust anyone else to watch them.

Seriously.
    [/quote]

totally disgusting. i think we proved them wrong!

I was on holiday at the same resort about 4 or 5 years ago, Scary stuff

Seriously.
    [/quote]

omg

i mean, if they would have left just a stupid baby-phone... but didn't they trust a baby-phone either?
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; Euripides (484 BC - 406 BC), The Bacchae, circa 407 B.C.

I wish they would poly the parents and all their friends who were with them that night. At the very least these parents are idiots. I'm just not sure it's not something worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=7487.msg373152#msg373152 date=1179850110]
    I wish they would poly the parents and all their friends who were with them that night. At the very least these parents are idiots. I'm just not sure it's not something worse.
    [/quote]Sheesh, and they're both doctors. Not sure I'd want them diagnosing me with anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Seriously.
    [/quote]
    I feel my kids are safer without a babysitter, also. THAT leaves me the only option of NOT leaving them at all. I don't trust many with my kids. I would rather be driven crazy by them than go thru the stuff they are going thru right now!

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=7487.msg373216#msg373216 date=1179852224]
    I feel my kids are safer without a babysitter, also. THAT leaves me the only option of NOT leaving them at all. I don't trust many with my kids. I would rather be driven crazy by them than go thru the stuff they are going thru right now!
    [/quote]

Exactly! If you don't want to leave your very young children with a sitter, then STAY WITH THEM YOURSELF. Who the hell is afraid to leave their little kids with a sitter then decides it's safer to leave them alone?&nbsp;
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=Niffy link=topic=7487.msg372587#msg372587 date=1179820370]
    Seriously? You think that?

All I see is a witch hunt and the British media deciding some guy is guilty by totally clutching at straws. He 'urgently' hired a car? Right. He may well have hired a car. I'd be willing to bet £100 the Sun/Mirror/Express/other gutter rg added 'urgently' for effect.. Naming 'suspacts' before anything is proven and especially flashing their pictures on the front pages is totally wrong IMO.

The Daily Express had as it's headline the other day 'Suspect behaved just like Huntly' with his picture in huge. I mean, WTF. That's just wrong. It sensationalising, making this entertainment, giving it 'cliff-hangers' in order to sell papers. It sickens me.
    [/quote]

Is a 'suspect' a suspect if something has been proven??...just curious....

You are no doubt, right, it could be a witch hunt. But I don't think you can condemn the media. They are doing their jobs, whether what they print is morally right or wrong. And its through the media that the awareness over her disappearance is being spread. There's a good side and a bad side. But the police obviously thought he was suspicious enough to warrant an investigation....I do agree that the papers (especially the tabloids) have probably gone a bit 'over the top' on him.

I disagree - This guy has been helping with their enquiries, for whatever reason - we don't know yet.

Whatever the outcome he is ALWAYS going to have that label now.

The Daily Express with headlines like 'SUSPECT BEHAVED JUST LIKE HUNTLEY' is totally, 100% wrong, IMO.

I never in my life thought I would have to experience anything like this!! but my 15 yr old cousin has been missing for over 48 hrs now. The cops seem to think that she ran away, and that very well could be. But she is with some very bad people..and Im scared to death I will end up seeing her profile on here!! It is so creepy how her story is so similar to ones that I have read on here that I seriously cant sleep at night!! She confided in a friend a few days ago that she had snuck out of her house with some guys who are rumored to be gang members. One fell asleep and the other raped her. She told her friend that she was so scared bc the guy said he would kill her if she told anyone. The next night she goes missing. but her friend said that she just left with the guy who had fallen asleep. Either way...GAWD!! I dont even know if any of this makes any sense...I have not slept..and Im feel pretty delirious at this point. But I am so scared if I fall asleep Ill miss a telephone call or something...anyway..please keep my cousin Victoria in your prayers as you pray for Madeleine's safe recovery.

[quote author=lilnikki link=topic=7487.msg378852#msg378852 date=1180098376]
    I never in my life thought I would have to experience anything like this!! but my 15 yr old cousin has been missing for over 48 hrs now. The cops seem to think that she ran away, and that very well could be. But she is with some very bad people..and Im scared to death I will end up seeing her profile on here!! It is so creepy how her story is so similar to ones that I have read on here that I seriously cant sleep at night!! She confided in a friend a few days ago that she had snuck out of her house with some guys who are rumored to be gang members. One fell asleep and the other raped her. She told her friend that she was so scared bc the guy said he would kill her if she told anyone. The next night she goes missing. but her friend said that she just left with the guy who had fallen asleep. Either way...GAWD!! I dont even know if any of this makes any sense...I have not slept..and Im feel pretty delirious at this point. But I am so scared if I fall asleep Ill miss a telephone call or something...anyway..please keep my cousin Victoria in your prayers as you pray for Madeleine's safe recovery.
    [/quote]

I am SO sorry!&nbsp; I hope she comes home OK...please keep us updated!!&nbsp; You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

[quote author=SOAD link=topic=7487.msg368159#msg368159 date=1179578882]
    And im also totally calling BS that the parents were going back and checking the kids every half hour.......I mean you dont sit at a dinner table on hoilday with a bottle of wine and a fucking stopwatch, get up halfway through your meal to check on the kids
    [/quote]

I sure as hell would have been going even more often, not that I would have left them alone to begin with. I thought resorts had babysitting service? Not that I'd want to leave little ones with a stranger, it seems they would have to be legit to be legal. In that case, I would go and check anyways at least every 30 minutes until I was confident, if ever.

I wonder if the kids were sleeping when they went to the restaurant, otherwise wouldn't there be a huge danger even if no one came in or they got out. They were 3 and twin 2 year olds. They surely couldn't have been up and playing unsupervised. God I hope that isn't the case. I feel for those parents, they must be really hurting.

[quote author=idiomatic_german link=topic=7487.msg373101#msg373101 date=1179848149]
    omg

i mean, if they would have left just a stupid baby-phone... but didn't they trust a baby-phone either?
    [/quote]

What's a baby-phone? Is it like a baby monitor?

The parents are both doctors, they had enough money they could have brought a family member or friend to babysit while on holiday. I don't think even if they had a closed circuit TV and had a monitor at the restaurant would have even been a good decision, IMO.

It is really amazing that not 1 but 2 doctors would make such a poor choice regarding their own children's safety. It's just really sad, I do feel for them but am perplexed by the choices they made.

I don't understand the whole 'they're doctors they should know better because they're so smart and intelligent and went to university'. No matter how clever you are, or whatever IQ you have, people will make dreadful mistakes, yes including doctors, lawyers, brokers and people in the top top professions. Human beings are fallible.

Stupid people makes mistakes, intelligent people makes mistakes.

In their case, they made a stupid, irresponsible and rash decision to leave the young kid at home. I think it's a case of 'ooh that kind of thing will never happen to me' kind of mentality. I had that thought once, then I was a victim of pickpocket and burglary, I thought, 'nah it would never happen to us', so I have learned and have changed my way of thinking, because nothing like this have happened before.

I really hope she turned out safe, hopefully another Elizabeth Smart case or the Polish girl who was held captive for 8 years, rather that then the worse case scenario.

A new link, updates

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=457603&amp;in_page_id=1770 &amp;ct=5

[quote author=lilnikki link=topic=7487.msg378852#msg378852 date=1180098376]
    [/quote]

Oh god, that must be awful, I hope she is ok.

Eww, Daily Mail.

Thread Information