Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: Madeleine McCann

Sounds more promising than any previous leads. I fear poor little Maddie is long gone, but I'd love to see this case solved. Her parents have suffered long enough.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar
    https://nypost.com/2020/06/04/author...ccann-is-dead/

German prosecutors believe Madeleine McCann — the British girl who vanished from a Portuguese resort in 2007 — is dead, as the prime suspect in her disappearance has been identified, according to reports Thursday.

Prosecutors have launched a criminal investigation into the 43-year-old German national on suspicion of murder charges, the Guardian reported.

“From this you can see that we assume that the girl is dead,” said Braunschweig state prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters.
    Police said Brueckner had raped the American woman in the Algarve 18 months before Madeleine disappeared. He had been living in a camper van in the Praia da Luz area when Madeleine and her family were vacationing and made a phone call an hour before she was abducted.

His other vehicle, a Jaguar, was registered to someone else’s name the day after the little girl vanished.
    Police said they gleaned significant information about Brueckner after making an appeal to the public in 2017 — the 10th anniversary of Madeleine’s disappearance.
    How was he not identified as a suspect a long time ago if he lived in the area and had this history?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    How was he not identified as a suspect a long time ago if he lived in the area and had this history?
    I read another article that said he was one of the hundreds of persons 'looked at' in the early days of the investigation, but I don't know why they eliminated him. It's easy to make mistakes in an investigation with this much publicity and public pressure, but IMO the Portugese police have been horribly incompetent throughout this entire investigation. They would have dropped this case a long time ago if it weren't for the McCann's unrelenting pressure to solve it.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52935728

The new suspect in the Madeleine McCann case has also been investigated over the disappearance of a German girl, according to German media reports.

The 43-year-old German man, named in reports as Christian B, is currently serving a prison sentence.

He is believed to have been in the area where Madeleine, three, went missing while on holiday in Portugal in 2007.

A source told the BBC an investigation into the suspect began after a tip-off in Germany in 2017.

Meanwhile, a spokesman for the McCanns said they would be "encouraged" by the response to the latest appeal for information.

The UK's Metropolitan Police said it had received more than 270 calls and emails since revealing details of the new suspect on Wednesday.
    A number of German media reports said the suspect had been investigated over the disappearance of a five-year-old German girl - named only as Inga.

She went missing from a family party in Saxony-Anhalt on 2 May 2015 and has never been found.

Police have refused to confirm the investigation or comment on a report which says officers searched an area of nearby land belonging to Christian B in February 2016.
    A senior judicial source in Portugal has told the BBC the joint investigation into the new suspect began after a tip-off in Germany in 2017.

The source said German investigators informed their Portuguese counterparts and British officials three years ago that they received a tip-off from a friend of Christian B, after the suspect had made a "disturbing comment" in a bar in Germany, as they were watching TV news coverage of the 10th anniversary of Madeleine going missing.

Since that time, the official said Portuguese police have been making house-to-house enquiries speaking to those that knew him between 1996 and 2007.

Christian B was later extradited from Portugal to Germany on drugs charges.

While he was in Germany, he was convicted of the rape of a 72-year-old woman which took place in Praia da Luz in 2005.
    If he really was on the MM inquiry list at the beginning and was cleared, this is going to be really bad.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...d-missing-girl

According to Der Spiegel, police in the eastern town of Stendal, in Saxony-Anhalt, found records of the chat on a computer they confiscated in early 2016 from a property owned by Br?ckner.

The dilapidated former box-making factory was searched as part of an arrest warrant in connection with the 2015 disappearance of a five-year-old girl called Inga Gehricke, who went missing from a family outing to a care home in the same region.

According to Der Spiegel, investigators also found child sexual abuse images and girl’s clothing inside a trailer on the property, even though Br?ckner did not have family of his own. It appears he was not investigated further at the time.

The lawyer for Inga’s mother has appealed for police to reopen their investigation into her disappearance. “The file was closed only four weeks after the work began,” Petra K?llmei told the local newspaper Volksstimme. “I consider that lacking in ambition.”
    The blond-haired girl went missing from a stretch of woodland near a church-run assisted-living facility for people with mental health or alcohol problems near Stendal between 6.30pm and 6.45pm on 2 May 2015.

Initially, police assumed that Inga had got lost in the forest while trying to gather wood for a barbecue planned for that evening. A reward of €25,000 was offered for any vital clues for the child’s whereabouts.

According to K?llmei, on 1 May Br?ckner was involved in a minor traffic accident at a car park on the A2 motorway, about 100 kilometres from the spot where Inga went missing the next day.

German news websites have also reported that authorities are now also allegedly examining connections to the disappearance of Rene Hasee. According to reports the then six-year-old boy, from Elsdorf, Germany, went missing from a beach in 1996 while on holiday with his family in the Portuguese Algarve.

Br?ckner has been described as a drifter with a dandy-esque manner and a string of past convictions, including for sexual offences and child abuse.

In 1994, when he was a teenager, Br?ckner was convicted of sexual abuse of a child, attempted sexual abuse of a child, and carrying out sexual acts in front of a child. He fled to Portugal with a girlfriend the following year and lived in Praia da Luz.

Br?ckner has been convicted of crimes including theft and drug-dealing, and was allegedly known to have made break-ins at hotels and holiday homes in the Algarve.

I'm actually super excited whether they can finally close this case or not. Just the other day I talked about it to my boyfriend and said I don't believe the parents killed Maddie because they've put so much money, energy and effort into the search for their daughter, who would have done this after all those years? If they had killed her they would have probably declared her dead after a few years and that's that.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/08/madele...-missing-kids/

Br?ckner is also a suspect in the disappearances of 16-year-old Carola Titze, who went missing while on vacation in Belgium in 1996,
    As with Madeleine, all are feared to have been murdered, the paper said.

Br?ckner had “freaked out” a few years ago when staff at a kiosk-bar he ran discussed the McCann case, a barmaid also told the paper.

“He wanted us to stop. He cried out, ‘The child is dead now and that’s a good thing,'” Lenta Johlitz, 34, claimed.

“Then he said, ‘You can make a body disappear quickly. Pigs also eat human flesh.’”
    3 kids plus Madeleine now. So they're basically saying they think they have a serial killer on their hands, and he was allowed to kill for over 20 years. Fabulous.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...an-authorities

German authorities have said they have “some evidence” that Madeleine McCann is dead but are appealing for more information in order to bring a suspect to court.

The investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance in Praia da Luz, Portugal, in 2007 has attracted renewed attention after authorities announced they were investigating a 43-year-old convicted German child sex offender.

The suspect, who is reportedly serving a seven-year prison sentence for the rape of a 72-year-old American woman in 2005, has been named in reports as Christian Br?ckner.

Br?ckner is known to have lived on the Algarve coast and his Portuguese mobile phone received a half-hour phone call in Praia da Luz about an hour before Madeleine, then three, went missing on 3 May 2007.

German authorities have previously said they believe Madeleine is dead and are investigating the suspect on suspicion of murder.

Hans Christian Wolters, a spokesman for the Braunschweig public prosecutor’s office, said on Monday it had evidence that Madeleine was dead but not enough for a trial.

Wolters told Sky News: “The hard evidence we don’t have, we don’t have the crucial evidence of Madeleine McCann’s body. We expect that she is dead, but we don’t have enough evidence that we can get a warrant for our suspect in Germany for the murder of Madeleine McCann.

“At the moment, we also don’t have enough proof for a trial at court, but we have some evidence that the suspect has done the deed. That’s why we need more information from people, especially places he has lived, so we can target these places especially and search there for Madeleine.”

Wolters called on British tourists who visited Praia da Luz between 1995 and 2007, when the suspect is thought to have lived in the area, to come forward with any information about him.

Quote Originally Posted by StarrySky87 View Post
    I'm actually super excited whether they can finally close this case or not. Just the other day I talked about it to my boyfriend and said I don't believe the parents killed Maddie because they've put so much money, energy and effort into the search for their daughter, who would have done this after all those years? If they had killed her they would have probably declared her dead after a few years and that's that.
    Absolutely. If they were any way involved in her disappearance, they would have quietly faded into the background, relieved they got away with it. The McCanns have done just the opposite. A friend of ours knows the McCanns through their work with missing persons in the UK, and say they are absolutely tireless in their efforts to find Madeleine. I hope they get answers soon, they've waited long enough.

I wanna know what they have.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...141836468.html

Authorities in Germany have "concrete evidence" that missing British girl Madeleine McCann is dead, according to a prosecutor.

Brunswick prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters told the AFP news agency on Wednesday it was unable to disclose exact information, but the authorities had "concrete evidence, facts that we have, not mere indications".

"We have no forensic evidence of Madeleine's death, such as a corpse," he said.

Prosecutors said they were working on the assumption that McCann is dead, though authorities in the United Kingdom continued to treat her disappearance as a missing persons case.

Wolters said German authorities have written to the McCann family but declined to give details of the content of the letter.

He also confirmed that Christian B has applied to be released early on probation from prison in Kiel, where he is currently serving a sentence for drug trafficking.

However, the suspect will not be freed from custody due to an arrest warrant for the rape of an elderly woman in Portugal, Wolters said.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Photos? DNA? Blood? Informant? The mind boggles with possibilities. I just want to see this solved. I want to see all the missing persons solved. They haunt me.

Hm, no forensics but they are sure she is dead? Only thing I can think of is photos?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/13/europ...rch/index.html

Portuguese authorities have conducted searches in three wells, according to witnesses, near where British toddler Madeleine McCann disappeared 13 years ago.
    A local law enforcement source confirmed to CNN the searches last Thursday were related to the investigation into the disappearance of McCann, but as far as the source knew, no new information was discovered.

The Portuguese Judicial Police (PJ), officers from the National Guard (GNR) as well as at least one diver from the fire department were involved, witnesses in the village of Budens, near Praia da Luz, told CNN.
    The wells are about 15 minutes away from Praia da Luz, on a road that leads up to a semi-secluded beach popular among foreigners, especially among those who travel in camper vans.

The suspect in McCann's disappearance had lived in Portugal's Algarve region from 1995 to 2007, and also resided in a house in Praia de Luz, according to the German prosecutor's office in Braunschweig.

Prosecutors last month said they have evidence that the man, now jailed in Germany for another crime, killed McCann, but not enough to charge him.

Thread Information